PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Peyton Manning sharp vs. 49ers in final warm-up in Denver

Denver Native (Carol)
08-26-2012, 07:53 PM
There still was time left in the first quarter when Peyton Manning took off his helmet and put on a white Broncos visor.

The change in headgear no doubt brought groans from the people who paid an average of $98.79 for the right to sit and watch the meaningless preseason game between the Broncos and San Francisco 49ers on a hot Sunday afternoon at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

But the switch in lids from professional to casual could not have been a more gorgeous sight to the Broncos' hopes for 2012.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21405729/broncos-peyton-manning-sharp-vs-49ers-preseason

Magnificent Seven
08-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Denver's offense is going scare the shit out of AFC West Teams.

Dzone
08-26-2012, 08:32 PM
It doesnt even feel like a loss. First half was awesome. Season cant get started soon enough

Con_Valian
08-26-2012, 09:27 PM
It doesnt even feel like a loss. First half was awesome. Season cant get started soon enough
Yep, I was thrilled with the first half, and my sister, a huge 49ers fan, was pleased with the win. She was sad during the first half as was apparent by her Facebooking from the stadium, but she picked up during the second half. She knows the win doesn't mean anything, but its the only time she can see them in person.

gregbroncs
08-26-2012, 09:48 PM
it was great to see our starters dominate the early part of the game.

When was the last time we put up 17 points in the 1st quarter? The starting defense played really well also. Except for one play that Moore screwed up.

Simple Jaded
08-26-2012, 09:58 PM
So much for "Manning can't throw to his right".......

OrangeHoof
08-26-2012, 11:52 PM
Broncos won the part of the game that mattered and if they came away without any major injuries, I'm happy. Yeah, there are some obvious depth problems but we all should have known that. If there was a key play to the game, it was the time Drayton Florence went for the pick and let the receiver go for 40 yards. I don't think Fox/Del Rio will allow him to do a lot of free-lancing after that.

ShaneFalco
08-27-2012, 12:15 AM
i missed the game, luckily NFL network playing it tuesday again

dogfish
08-27-2012, 02:55 AM
So much for "Manning can't throw to his right".......

thank god we can put that one to rest-- i was seriously worried. . .

TXBRONC
08-27-2012, 03:48 AM
thank god we can put that one to rest-- i was seriously worried. . .

You've always been a worry wart.

CrazyHorse
08-27-2012, 06:02 AM
What happened to that great 49ers defense? I think Seattle pushes the 49ers for the division this year.

OrangeFanatic
08-27-2012, 07:18 AM

Agreed. First half looked solid. Although I never really look at score in pre-season games as an indicator of how things are going.

blamkin86
08-27-2012, 09:03 AM
I'm sure you guys heard, but in case not, the announcers were speculating that the 49ers didn't want to show any of their new offense. Not sure we got their A game...

...anyway our 2nd team is not going to be very good. I'm hoping we can find some waver wire gems- like I was telling my wife during the game, if a starter goes out we're not the same team, esp on defense.

CoachChaz
08-27-2012, 09:09 AM
What happened to that great 49ers defense? I think Seattle pushes the 49ers for the division this year.

They were overrated last year with some players performing WELL above their talent. Combined with a tough schedule...I see tham at 9-7 this year.

Fullback32
08-27-2012, 10:09 AM
I was very pleased with the first half of the game. Of course the Forty-Whiners didn't show everything on defense, but then again, the Broncos didn't show everything on offense either. That Peyton was able to take that crunching hit he did and come out okay is a good sign as well. Let's just hope there are not too many of those.

Ravage!!!
08-27-2012, 10:10 AM
They were overrated last year with some players performing WELL above their talent. Combined with a tough schedule...I see tham at 9-7 this year.

I agree. They played, as a team, well above their heads. Just two years ago they were a joke. They have a good year, and people think they are perennial Super Bowl contenders. I see them having a big fall this season, and those jumping on the 49er bandwagon will be left scratching their head.

CrazyHorse
08-27-2012, 03:42 PM
I agree. They played, as a team, well above their heads. Just two years ago they were a joke. They have a good year, and people think they are perennial Super Bowl contenders. I see them having a big fall this season, and those jumping on the 49er bandwagon will be left scratching their head.

They were very lucky with injuries and had a ridiculous turnover margin. I don't see that happening this year.

pegcage
08-27-2012, 04:24 PM
I was so disappointed. I live in Baton Rouge, LA. Been looking forward all week to seeing Peyton in action, and then they interrupted that first drive and the second one with weather reports and a press conference from Governor Jindal. I know I should be scared about the storm, but at that moment I just wanted to watch the Broncos game!!!!!

Simple Jaded
08-27-2012, 08:24 PM
I was very pleased with the first half of the game. Of course the Forty-Whiners didn't show everything on defense, but then again, the Broncos didn't show everything on offense either. That Peyton was able to take that crunching hit he did and come out okay is a good sign as well. Let's just hope there are not too many of those.
I was thinking the same thing, 9ers didn't do anything special on D. Still a good test but let's keep in perspective.......

Canmore
08-28-2012, 05:18 AM
I was thinking the same thing, 9ers didn't do anything special on D. Still a good test but let's keep in perspective.......

Did we do anything special on offense? Peyton Manning looked like... Peyton Manning! I'll take it.

UrbanBounca
08-28-2012, 03:54 PM
I didn't watch Peyton at work due to being at work, but from what I've seen, I'm not worried about our offensive passing game this year. It's still early, but I believe he's still the same 'ole Peyton we've always seen, but in a different uniform.

Dzone
08-28-2012, 07:59 PM
I was so disappointed. I live in Baton Rouge, LA. Been looking forward all week to seeing Peyton in action, and then they interrupted that first drive and the second one with weather reports and a press conference from Governor Jindal. I know I should be scared about the storm, but at that moment I just wanted to watch the Broncos game!!!!!
Oh man, what a drag, I hate when that happens. That would really suck. They should keep football games going and have the governor in a little box in the lower corner of the tv. Same with weather reports. I hate when the game gets interrupted for a hail storm 400 miles away.:mad: Best wishes for you all in that storm.

Simple Jaded
08-28-2012, 11:40 PM
Did we do anything special on offense? Peyton Manning looked like... Peyton Manning! I'll take it.

I was thinking of the pass protection mostly, I'm not the least worried about Manning.......

Canmore
08-28-2012, 11:53 PM
I was thinking of the pass protection mostly, I'm not the least worried about Manning.......

I am worried about pass protection. So far though, I have been pleasantly surprised. Manning has had time to find receivers and mostly he has. Peyton Manning looks like... Peyton Manning to me. We will see how he and the offensive line look week one vs Pittsburgh.

CrazyHorse
08-29-2012, 05:33 AM
Offensive line looks much better when you have a QB that gets rid of the ball in 3 seconds instead of 15. Sorry Tebow.