PDA

View Full Version : would you make this trade?

underrated29
10-30-2007, 08:33 PM
i have been offered

ronald curry and the giants d

for

torry holt and the panthers d....

I am in 1st place and my wr are housh,boldin,holt,kev curtis,antony gonzales, my d is raiders and panthers:tsk:

I need a d, but i think i might be better off just picking up tampas d.

any suggestions?

omac
10-31-2007, 12:18 PM
Since you're in 1st place, you're probably already planning for the playoffs.

Picking up the Tampa Bay defense sounds like a great move for the playoffs. The last 3 teams they'll face are the Falcons and 49ers (2 worst in the league scoring) and the Panthers, also poor in scoring. Furthermore, all these teams don't have very solid quarterbacks. Plus, Tampa Bay's defense is great at limiting opponents' scoring.

I don't think you'll be hurt much, though, if you get the Giants defense; the dilemma you'll have is in their last game, NE. If NE plays a real game with all their starters, they can score anywhere from 30 to 50 points. If they rest their starters, then the Giants could have a great defensive game. It's a pretty risky decision.

Ronald Curry's production is inconistent because of the inconsistent play of Culpepper. Then again, the Rams quarterback situation isn't too much better.

underrated29
10-31-2007, 12:33 PM
Since you're in 1st place, you're probably already planning for the playoffs.

Picking up the Tampa Bay defense sounds like a great move for the playoffs. The last 3 teams they'll face are the Falcons and 49ers (2 worst in the league scoring) and the Panthers, also poor in scoring. Furthermore, all these teams don't have very solid quarterbacks. Plus, Tampa Bay's defense is great at limiting opponents' scoring.

I don't think you'll be hurt much, though, if you get the Giants defense; the dilemma you'll have is in their last game, NE. If NE plays a real game with all their starters, they can score anywhere from 30 to 50 points. If they rest their starters, then the Giants could have a great defensive game. It's a pretty risky decision.

Ronald Curry's production is inconistent because of the inconsistent play of Culpepper. Then again, the Rams quarterback situation isn't too much better.

thanks my man, i think that i will almost certainly make the playoffs so i wont need the giants d, tampa should suffice, Now i just gotta hope holt out performs the giant d and curry.

....Now that i look at it, i would be trading my 5th rd pick for a like 9th and 15th rdr. Not a good trade for me

omac
11-01-2007, 02:50 AM
thanks my man, i think that i will almost certainly make the playoffs so i wont need the giants d, tampa should suffice, Now i just gotta hope holt out performs the giant d and curry.

....Now that i look at it, i would be trading my 5th rd pick for a like 9th and 15th rdr. Not a good trade for me

Your welcome, but you don't need help from me. You're doing so much better than I am at FF. :D

champbronc2
11-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Assuming you start 2 wide receivers every week, then take the trade.

Even if you start 3 wide receivers each week, I'd accept it. Kevin Curtis is a nice #3 and could easily replace Holt as the Rams offense cannot produce points at all, or yards.

As for your defenses the Giants are better than what you have right now.