PDA

View Full Version : Auction draft, 3 WR league, took none. Sleeper WRs?

UnderArmour
08-26-2012, 10:51 AM
Just had a $200 auction draft. I feel I made off like a bandit on RBs, but I've kind of screwed myself on WRs. After a week or 2, I feel I will be able to get great trade value for Cedric or Greene and acquire some WRs that way.

QB Joe Flacco 7
RB Ray Rice 69
RB Marshawn Lynch 40
WR Justin Blackmon 8
WR Sidney Rice 2
WR Braylon Edwards 1
TE Vernon Davis 9
FLEX Adrian Peterson 39
D/ST Ravens D/ST 1
K Matt Prater 1
BE Cedric Benson 10
BE Shonn Greene 7
BE Isaac Redman 3
BE Steve Smith 1
BE Eddie Royal 1
BE Jacoby Ford 1
Total: 200
Remaining: 0

My guess on sleeper #1 WRs this year were Eddie Royal and Steve Smith(Rams). The #1 receiver for the Dolphins is not currently on their roster and I have a strong hunch it could be Braylon(if he is cut) or they may make a trade for James Jones. My preference is to go after the team's #1 receivers only but obviously this year opportunities arose for me to take RBs galore. Thoughts? Anyone have a guess on who this year's DeSean Jackson/Miles Austin will be?

Ravage!!!
08-26-2012, 11:17 AM
How many teams in your league, because I have some suggestions on your RBs...as far as who to dump now..or trade RIGHT NOW.

also, what kind of scoring system.... ppr or non-ppr?

MileHighCrew
08-26-2012, 11:23 AM
I like Alshon Jeffery, not sure he is a nig upgrade though.

UnderArmour
08-26-2012, 12:54 PM
How many teams in your league, because I have some suggestions on your RBs...as far as who to dump now..or trade RIGHT NOW.

also, what kind of scoring system.... ppr or non-ppr?

12 teams. Non PPR. I have RB market cornered.

MOtorboat
08-26-2012, 01:21 PM

To get any value at WR, you might consider trading Lynch.

Ravage!!!
08-26-2012, 02:56 PM

well...I don't know how your league works, so I'm not sure what this means exactly. All the RBs in the league have been drafted?

I don't think Smith is going to be teh #1 guy in St. Louis. Im pretty confident that's going to be Amendola.

If I were you, instead of trading off Lynch, I would trade Andrian Peterson. Couple reasons, one, you can probably get more based on "name" alone. He hasnt played any pre-season, and that may very well be because he isn't quite ready. Don't be shocked if Gerhart gets as many carries as AP the first couple of games. Thirdly, AP is an injury risk. Considering you have RBs, why not get the most you can for a big name and let someone else take the injury concern while you build yourself points on your weak WR position?

MileHighCrew
08-26-2012, 04:08 PM
the other side of the coin is AP has a history of big numbers and is the bigger name for a reason. Lynch is also on a team that might have a very hard time moving the ball with no WR's and an unproven QB. The Vikes and the Hawks seem like the same team to me, I would trade either one for what the best return will be.

MOtorboat
08-26-2012, 04:22 PM
I missed AP when I first perused that roster. His name might be enough to get more out of a trade than Lynch's, but I would look to trade one of those two for a wide receiver.

MileHighCrew
08-26-2012, 04:28 PM
I think you could easily get an Eric Decker and maybe something for AP or Lynch

UnderArmour
08-26-2012, 07:28 PM
Proposed Lynch and Redman for Marshall and Peyton Manning. Hopefully it gets accepted, thanks for your input.

League Scoring:
Passing
Passing Yards (PY) 0.04 TD Pass (PTD) 4
Interceptions Thrown (INT) -2 2pt Passing Conversion (2PC) 2
Rushing
Rushing Yards (RY) 0.1 TD Rush (RTD) 6
2pt Rushing Conversion (2PR) 2
Receiving
Receiving Yards (REY) 0.1 TD Reception (RETD) 6
2pt Receiving Conversion (2PRE) 2

Ravage!!!
08-27-2012, 08:55 AM
I think you could easily get an Eric Decker and maybe something for AP or Lynch

I would hope so,yeah. If you only get a Decker in an offer for AP....then look elsewhere.

Ravage!!!
08-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Proposed Lynch and Redman for Marshall and Peyton Manning. Hopefully it gets accepted, thanks for your input.

League Scoring:
Passing
Passing Yards (PY) 0.04 TD Pass (PTD) 4
Interceptions Thrown (INT) -2 2pt Passing Conversion (2PC) 2
Rushing
Rushing Yards (RY) 0.1 TD Rush (RTD) 6
2pt Rushing Conversion (2PR) 2
Receiving
Receiving Yards (REY) 0.1 TD Reception (RETD) 6
2pt Receiving Conversion (2PRE) 2

wow.. I HAVE to know if this trade is accepted. If it is, do you guys have any open spots next year?

MileHighCrew
08-27-2012, 09:59 AM
I would hope so,yeah. If you only get a Decker in an offer for AP....then look elsewhere.

I don't know. If I really needed a WR and was loaded at RB. I might trade Decker who is looking at a breakout season by all accounts for an AP coming off a serious injury.

Ravage!!!
08-27-2012, 10:01 AM
I don't know. If I really needed a WR and was loaded at RB. I might trade Decker who is looking at a breakout season by all accounts for an AP coming off a serious injury.

I don't know. I don't see a straight across the board value on that.