PDA

View Full Version : NFL Total Access - One on One with Von Miller

iLands
08-25-2012, 10:26 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000052272/One-on-one-with-Von-Miller

Simple Jaded
08-26-2012, 02:17 AM
"Otoplasty", Andrew, it's worth a google.......

FanInAZ
08-26-2012, 08:22 AM
"Otoplasty", Andrew, it's worth a google.......

:confused: Even though I'm not Andrew, I went & Googled "Otoplasty." :confused: I've no idea what that has to do with this video. :confused:

As far as the video itself, Von Miller said all the things he was supposed to say. Although the opening part about him possibly playing for free was a little bit humorous, the rest of the video is all the stuff you expect him to say.

Simple Jaded
08-26-2012, 10:34 PM
:confused: Even though I'm not Andrew, I went & Googled "Otoplasty." :confused: I've no idea what that has to do with this video. :confused:

Otoplasty for protruding ears

There is no universally accepted single technique for performing a setback otoplasty. Variations in the procedure are due partly to the different causes of ear protrusion. The patient's ear may have a large concha (the shell-like hollow of the external ear); the angle of the fold in the ear cartilage may cause the ear to protrude; or the ear lobe may be unusually large.

After the patient has been anesthetized, the surgeon makes an incision behind the ear in the fold of skin where the ear meets the head. In one technique, the surgeon exposes the ear cartilage beneath the skin and reshapes it or removes a small piece. The cartilage is bent back toward the head and secured in place with non-removable sutures. Removal of cartilage is sometimes referred to as a conchal resection.

Another procedure for protruding ears involves the removal of skin and suturing the cartilage back on itself. This technique reshapes the ear without the need to remove cartilage; it is sometimes called a cartilage-sparing otoplasty.

After the surgeon has finished reshaping the ear and carefully drying the area, the incision is closed. The surgeon covers the ear with a cotton dressing moistened with mineral oil or other soft dressing.