PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Predicts Broncos Lose Super Bowl to Green Bay!

iLands
08-25-2012, 01:31 PM
http://broncotalk.net/2012/08/40522/broncos-buzz/espn-projects-broncos-to-make-super-bowl/

Northman
08-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Well, getting there would be great within itself but i dont think we are just quite ready yet.

smith49
08-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Well, getting there would be great within itself but i dont think we are just quite ready yet.

Yah I think getting there in itself would be remarkable for this team. Pretty positive that's not going to happen, but I guess you never know.

Tned
08-25-2012, 02:13 PM

I didn't get a chance to read the ESPN article, just John's write up about it on Broncotalk. That said, this quote of what ESPN said has me question their logic:

The ‘Insider’s View’ calls Denver’s linebackers their best unit and their defensive line the worst unit, citing the LB’s rushing abilities and the DL’s inability to stop the run in recent seasons.

It's real hard to by the LB unit being the teams best unit, and the DL the worst. Outside of Von, there are a lot of question marks at LB, especially with bonehead (aka DJ Williams) suspended for 6-8 games. On the other hand, it's too early to say if the DL will be the worst unit.

OrangeHoof
08-25-2012, 02:15 PM
We DON'T lose to the Packers in Super Bowls, not even as heavy underdogs. That's a fact.

MOtorboat
08-25-2012, 03:17 PM
I didn't get a chance to read the ESPN article, just John's write up about it on Broncotalk. That said, this quote of what ESPN said has me question their logic:

It's real hard to by the LB unit being the teams best unit, and the DL the worst. Outside of Von, there are a lot of question marks at LB, especially with bonehead (aka DJ Williams) suspended for 6-8 games. On the other hand, it's too early to say if the DL will be the worst unit.

They seem to like Wesley Woodyard, and are questioning all three line spots except for Dumervil. Sure, Williams is a bonehead, but Denver will have him for 10 games, and Miller, if he continues to develop is going to be a beast.

Personally, I think the offensive line is the weakest unit right now.

MOtorboat
08-25-2012, 03:57 PM
BTW, the article in ESPN the Magazine about Peyton Manning is awesome. It doesn't appear it's available online, but it's well worth the read for Broncos fans.

Ziggy
08-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Interior offensive line and linebacking unit are the two weaknesses on this team. Fortunately, Manning can cover quite a bit for the offensive line, and the defensive line and corners can cover for the linebackers. We can make some noise in the playoffs this season, but to become a super bowl championship caliber team we're going to have to shore those units up.

Magnificent Seven
08-25-2012, 05:38 PM
It will be all about Orange Crush Defense. I am going to depend on them. Defense wins!

sneakers
08-25-2012, 06:12 PM
I like the idea of going to the superbowl.

sneakers
08-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Although can it be someone other than the packers? I will get so much shit from everyone if it is the packers.

CrazyHorse
08-25-2012, 11:13 PM
Remember the last time we were 14 point underdogs to the Packers in the Super Bowl. Turned out pretty good for us.

CrazyHorse
08-25-2012, 11:14 PM
Although can it be someone other than the packers? I will get so much shit from everyone if it is the packers.

I know how you feel. There's just as many Packer fans in the twin cities, probably due to the woeful Vikings team.

Canmore
08-26-2012, 12:04 AM
We got Peyton Manning and we might as well paint a big red X on our backs. I guess ESPN is making sure the X is visible. They are predicting we will go 12-4 with a Super Bowl birth. Would love to see it, but I'm not expecting it. I'm expecting some early season growing pains under Manning and a retooled offense and Del Rio, our seventh defensive coordinator in seven years. 10-6 sounds more reasonable to me with a late season push to make the playoffs. If we make the playoffs, all bets are off. We would have completed a season under Del Rio and with Peyton and could be dangerous in the playoffs much as Green Bay was a couple of seasons ago and the Giants last year.

sneakers
08-26-2012, 12:17 AM
I know how you feel. There's just as many Packer fans in the twin cities, probably due to the woeful Vikings team.

Usually the packer fans in that area would be pacified for the year after the vikings always beat them year after year in the metrodome, but now everything has changed.

pegcage
08-26-2012, 10:48 AM
I would much rather see Broncos against Giants. You know, the Manning Bowl.

FlyByU
08-26-2012, 11:35 AM
Playoffs yes as we did it last year with Tebow so with Manning it should be a given as he does have a slight better team and a real off season with the team as well. Also Manning is a much better QB then TT. So I expect at least 1 playoff win from them. Superbowl a lot of really positive things have to happen for that to come about.

CrazyHorse
08-26-2012, 05:49 PM
I would much rather see Broncos against Giants. You know, the Manning Bowl.

That's what I'd like to see as well.

rationalfan
08-29-2012, 03:33 PM
this is odd. sports illustrated picked the same super bowl teams, with the same result.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/08/29/sports-illustrated-predicting-big-year-broncos-peyton-manning/15169/

EDIT: a quick google search reveals several stories about the SI pick, but none about the ESPN the mag pick. curious. has anyone other than the dude on broncotalk.net seen this article? is it real?