PDA

View Full Version : Armstrong gives up fight. Will probably be stripped of Tour de France wins.

Davii
08-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Lance Armstrong says he will no longer fight the USADA in their investigation into and accusations that Lance was doping during his cycling career. A federal judge dismissed Lance's suit against the USADA clearing the way for him to possibly be stripped of his wins.

Link (http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/23/armstrong-stops-fight-against-doping-probe/)

Dzone
08-23-2012, 10:19 PM
I just read this. Very sad that this agency has been allowed to do everything possible to destroy an American icon and make his life a living hell. Disgusting. Give it up USADA. Put your time into something worthwhile. Shameful.

Davii
08-23-2012, 10:20 PM
I just read this. Very sad that this agency has been allowed to do everything possible to destroy an American icon and make his life a living hell. Disgusting. Give it up USADA. Put your time into something worthwhile. Shameful.

Agreed. If he was doping all that time, how was it never caught?

BroncoWave
08-23-2012, 10:46 PM
I don't think the USADA has the power to strip him of the Tour de France titles. How exactly would they have that authority?

Chef Zambini
08-23-2012, 10:53 PM
they will make their reccomendation to the TDF, they have the option to accept it, if they wish! they have the depositions fo 2 KNOWN cheaters, who were granted complete immunity solely on the promise that they would say that LA also cheated.
They have ZERO evidence, only the purchased testimony of known liars and cheaters, 2 of them.
whats next, traffic vilations for ghandi?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-23-2012, 10:56 PM
AUSTIN, Texas -- The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency said Thursday night it will strip Lance Armstrong of his unprecedented seven Tour de France titles after he declared he was finished fighting the drug charges that threaten his legacy as one of the greatest cyclists of all time.

Travis Tygart, USADA's chief executive, said Armstrong would also be hit with a lifetime ban on Friday.

Still to be heard from was the sport's governing body, the International Cycling Union, which had backed Armstrong's legal challenge to USADA's authority.

rest - http://espn.go.com/olympics/cycling/story/_/id/8298135/usada-ban-lance-armstrong-life-strip-seven-tour-de-france-titles-charges-used-performance-enhancing-drugs-cycling-career

Dzone
08-23-2012, 10:56 PM
The USADA is saying they are going to strip him of all Tour de France victories. I dont know how the hell they have the authority, but if they do, than that sucks. Does this mean he can never enter a bike race, can he do any more triathlons? Sad. The guy has been inspiring at the age of 40 still competing.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/cycling/story/2012-08-23/Armstrong-doping-charges/57258616/1

Dzone
08-23-2012, 11:03 PM
Who's this Travis Tygert? Whats his problem?
What a jerk.

Chef Zambini
08-23-2012, 11:16 PM
the usada is in a turf war with the UCI
lance is trapped in the middle.

sneakers
08-23-2012, 11:52 PM
Armstrong is a Lahoo-zaher! Tiger Woods, your next!

sneakers
08-23-2012, 11:54 PM
Gets cancer
wins next 7 tour de frances in the most drug corrupted sport in world
expects people not to doubt his cheating ways.

Chef Zambini
08-24-2012, 12:05 AM
gets cancer,
11 malignannt tumors from his testacles to his brain,
his FRENCH cycling team gets one look at him in his hospital bed and fires him that day, ending his insurance coverage.
that same french team files an inquiry
AFTER HE WINS THE FIRST TDF
, making the same lame ass assumpion that you just made becaUSE THEY ARE FRENCH ******* DICKS!
who resent an american winning their event!

whats your worthless excuse?
YOU HAVE NEVER HAD A LOVED ONE SUFFER FROM CANCER, that must be your excuse.
lucky you.

BroncoWave
08-24-2012, 12:12 AM
Even if he did use PEDs, can you really consider it cheating since pretty much the whole sport does it? Probably just kept him on par with the field instead of giving him any advantage. And this, of course, is only IF he did it.

chazoe60
08-24-2012, 12:23 AM
How many spots do they have to go back to find someone who wasn't doping?

Chef Zambini
08-24-2012, 12:40 AM
cyclists in the TDF have been looking for an advaNTAGE SINCE THE FIRST RACE IN 1903
everything from caffiene to cocain.
mickey mantle took greenies, they were made available in dug-outs around the major leagues! mantle said he first thought they were m & Ms
every sport!
spare me your irghteous indignation about the sport of cycling !

Poet
08-24-2012, 02:26 AM
I think he cheated. They had ten different cats lined up to testify against him. They had blood samples consistent with doping. If he was innocent he wouldn't just give up. Hyper competitive people don't do that.

CoachChaz
08-24-2012, 08:38 AM
Why does Armstrong get a pass in the court of public opinion, but the likes of Palmeiro, Bonds, McGwire, Clemens, etc. get shit on?

One standard will be just fine, please.

BigDaddyBronco
08-24-2012, 08:40 AM
Because Lance passed a multitude of tests and the baseball guys weren't tested at all.

CoachChaz
08-24-2012, 08:42 AM
Because Lance passed a multitude of tests and the baseball guys weren't tested at all.

Do you know why they weren't tested?

Ravage!!!
08-24-2012, 09:25 AM
I think he cheated. They had ten different cats lined up to testify against him. They had blood samples consistent with doping. If he was innocent he wouldn't just give up. Hyper competitive people don't do that.

I don't know. Yes it seems like they have hearsay from witnesses. But even if you kick the toughest dog in the gut enough times, he's going to give up and just let it go after a while. He's been accused of this time and time and time and time again. He's been tested more times than ANY OTHER athlete in all of sports, which includes 500 (HUNDRED) blood tests. NONE have come back positive. These accusations, don't even have a positive blood test.

If you are going to test people, and you are judging people on that test,..... yet decide the test isn't giving you the evdidence that you want.... why test at all??? Seems that after 15 years of ridiculous testing and probing, they believe they FINALLY have something?? Really? Seems it proves to me, that if people try hard enough, they can prove anything they want to prove.

CoachChaz
08-24-2012, 09:32 AM
I don't know. Yes it seems like they have hearsay from witnesses. But even if you kick the toughest dog in the gut enough times, he's going to give up and just let it go after a while. He's been accused of this time and time and time and time again. He's been tested more times than ANY OTHER athlete in all of sports, which includes 500 (HUNDRED) blood tests. NONE have come back positive. These accusations, don't even have a positive blood test.

If you are going to test people, and you are judging people on that test,..... yet decide the test isn't giving you the evdidence that you want.... why test at all??? Seems that after 15 years of ridiculous testing and probing, they believe they FINALLY have something?? Really? Seems it proves to me, that if people try hard enough, they can prove anything they want to prove.

Again...let all athletes dope up. Makes the sports more entertaining for us...the fans. If they want to kill themselves over the risk...that's their choice.

weazel
08-24-2012, 09:42 AM
I know he's an icon for some of you guys but the guy was doping the entire time, even his best friends no longer stick by his side.
He is giving up the fight because he knows they have something on him, he wouldnt give up otherwise. Greg Lemond probably finally gave something up on him.

Ravage!!!
08-24-2012, 09:46 AM
Again...let all athletes dope up. Makes the sports more entertaining for us...the fans. If they want to kill themselves over the risk...that's their choice.

I agree with this.

Thnikkaman
08-24-2012, 09:47 AM
they will make their reccomendation to the TDF, they have the option to accept it, if they wish! they have the depositions fo 2 KNOWN cheaters, who were granted complete immunity solely on the promise that they would say that LA also cheated.
They have ZERO evidence, only the purchased testimony of known liars and cheaters, 2 of them.
whats next, traffic vilations for ghandi?

I heard that Lance brandished a firearm. The witness was a Victoria's Secret employee.

Ravage!!!
08-24-2012, 09:52 AM
I know he's an icon for some of you guys but the guy was doping the entire time, even his best friends no longer stick by his side.
He is giving up the fight because he knows they have something on him, he wouldnt give up otherwise. Greg Lemond probably finally gave something up on him.

"he's been doping the entire time"...pfffft. You don't know that, you just want to believe that. You don't have any evidence, and the evidence against him STILL doesn't have a positive test. I get that a negative test doesn't mean innocence, but 500 tests?? for christs sake, how many times does a person have to spend the money to say the same things and watch people CONTINUE to try and bring you down? 5 HUNDRED blood tests.... zero positives.

As far as being an "icon"...hardly. Don't know much about him and hear he's an *******. DOesn't mean that I simply am willing believe those that want to throw out accusations after accusations after accusations....with the hope that ONE of them is actually going to stick. 5 HUNDRED blood tests.....jeesh.

But personally, I don't care either way. I'm not into cycling, and like Coach said.... wouldn't bother me one bit if guys were allowed to use HGH, steroids, or some other chemical. Hell, they've been doing it since the 30s...the very people that set the records we are trying to protect....used PEDs.

Dzone
08-24-2012, 09:58 AM
Baseball sucks now that they have cut down the juicing.

weazel
08-24-2012, 10:08 AM
everyone is on PED's to some extent... heck its in the food we eat. They pump so much growth hormones into beef and chicken we cant help but have it in our system.

CoachChaz
08-24-2012, 10:20 AM

It's weird to see seasons end and the home run leaders are at the top with barely 40 dingers. I want to see guys hitting 50-60 again. I love the game and appreciate the art of pitching...but no one goes to a ball game to watch batters strikeout.

Ravage!!!
08-24-2012, 10:23 AM
I think it will come around again. For years the batters were ahead of the pitchers. Right now, the pitchers are ahead of the batters. It will catch up again.

CoachChaz
08-24-2012, 10:26 AM
I think it will come around again. For years the batters were ahead of the pitchers. Right now, the pitchers are ahead of the batters. It will catch up again.

It always works in cycles. Hitters will figure it out, no doubt.

weazel
08-24-2012, 10:45 AM
they need to lower the mound an inch or two. do that and you will see the bats catch up again

Davii
08-24-2012, 10:51 AM
It always works in cycles. Hitters will figure it out, no doubt.

Funny, roids also works in cycles.

CoachChaz
08-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Funny, roids also works in cycles.

Works for pitchers, too. See: Roger Clemens, Bartolo Colon, Guillermo Moto, Rafael Betancourt, Jason Grimsley, Edinson Volquez, etc...

weazel
08-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Works for pitchers, too. See: Roger Clemens, Bartolo Colon, Guillermo Moto, Rafael Betancourt, Jason Grimsley, Edinson Volquez, etc...
Pettit

Poet
08-24-2012, 12:00 PM
When you have ten people about to testify against you, it's curtains. There's been enough of this floating around for a long enough time to make me think he's guilty. The accusations have been there since 99. Bonds passed a ton of tests and everyone thought he was guilty.

chazoe60
08-24-2012, 12:27 PM

It's weird to see seasons end and the home run leaders are at the top with barely 40 dingers. I want to see guys hitting 50-60 again. I love the game and appreciate the art of pitching...but no one goes to a ball game to watch batters strikeout.

Could not disagree more. I guess I'm a baseball purist because I love pitchers duels, 1-0 games, the National League, and gold glove fielders. I hate the DH rule, roided freaks hitting 72 home runs, and the AL.

I know it's sort of ironic because I'm a Rockies fan, but I really do love "small ball".

Chef Zambini
08-24-2012, 12:49 PM
I think he cheated. They had ten different cats lined up to testify against him. They had blood samples consistent with doping. If he was innocent he wouldn't just give up. Hyper competitive people don't do that.only two, former cheaters, landis and hamilton have said they have seen LA cheat, they were granted immunity and a clean slate by the usada for sayiong as much.
it has been a 12 year battle for lance, it has cost him millions in defense of his name and reputation. these same clowns were to be the witnesses for the justice department cae against lance. the justice department did consider them CREDIBLE witnesses and therefore felt they had no case and dropped it!
ten witnesses?
name four !

weazel
08-24-2012, 12:51 PM
only two, former cheaters, landis and hamilton have said they have seen LA cheat, they were granted immunity and a clean slate by the usada for sayiong as much.
it has been a 12 year battle for lance, it has cost him millions in defense of his name and reputation. these same clowns were to be the witnesses for the justice department cae against lance. the justice department did consider them CREDIBLE witnesses and therefore felt they had no case and dropped it!
ten witnesses?
name four !

Greg Lemond has said it many times, and I could be wrong but he was never accused of cheating.

Jaws
08-24-2012, 12:54 PM
Too many questions left unanswered.
Good piece in the Telegraph.
Do they move 2nd place up to Tour winner now LA gets stripped of all titles and will the new winner be subject to the same investigations as Lance?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/lancearmstrong/9496632/Lance-Armstrong-doping-case-by-USADA-needed-to-be-above-criticism-but-too-many-questions-left-unanswered.html

Ravage!!!
08-24-2012, 12:57 PM
its not just tested...its tested 500 times. FIVE HUNDRED times. No one, in any sport, has been tested as many times as Lance Armstrong. As I said. If people are determined to find you at fault, if you just keep trying and trying and trying and trying.... you can "convict" people of anything. "Bonds passed tons of tests too"... yeah, and tons of innocent people have been put in prison for murder based on "eye witnesses." Goes both directions on that. The truth is, they really don't have any concrete evidence. They use the test as their base for finding cheaters, yet then don't believe the very tests they have. Do they test EVER cycler 500 times? No. Its really absurd.

Ravage!!!
08-24-2012, 12:57 PM
and will the new winner be subject to the same investigations as Lance?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/lancearmstrong/9496632/Lance-Armstrong-doping-case-by-USADA-needed-to-be-above-criticism-but-too-many-questions-left-unanswered.html

Simple answer there.... No.

BroncoNut
08-24-2012, 12:58 PM
the usada is in a turf war with the UCI
lance is trapped in the middle.

bullcrap. every memeber on his team admitted that they were usiing a long time ago.

Ravage!!!
08-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Could not disagree more. I guess I'm a baseball purist because I love pitchers duels, 1-0 games, the National League, and gold glove fielders. I hate the DH rule, roided freaks hitting 72 home runs, and the AL.

I know it's sort of ironic because I'm a Rockies fan, but I really do love "small ball".

ewwwwww......

chazoe60
08-24-2012, 01:00 PM

ewwwwww......

That's why I like you so much Rav

Jaws
08-24-2012, 01:03 PM
Simple answer there.... No.

Then that's wrong, seeing as quite a few of those on the podium during his victories have proven drug cheat offences.

Ravage!!!
08-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Then that's wrong, seeing as quite a few of those on the podium during his victories have proven drug cheat offences.

I agree. I just don't see anyone else being tested 500 times in a 10 year span. For one, that's absurd. 2, if you use the testing as your means of detecting "cheats"...then how is it you simply "decide" when that test was wrong and we'll continue to test you 50 times a year to prove it?? Why test at all if you aren't going to believe the very test you give? 50 times a year, thats "on averages" nearly once a week for a full decade. Take into account that he retired in 2005 (originally)... it was probably every bit of once a week....and they STILL don't have a single positive test. Not one.

Chef Zambini
08-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Greg Lemond has said it many times, and I could be wrong but he was never accused of cheating.lemond and lance were NEVER teammates, they have never ridden against or with one another in competition, greg lemond is the ONLY cyclist name you can come up with.
greg says he heard someone say, he has NO first hand info, none ! greg is jealous

weazel
08-24-2012, 03:21 PM
lemond and lance were NEVER teammates, they have never ridden against or with one another in competition, greg lemond is the ONLY cyclist name you can come up with.
greg says he heard someone say, he has NO first hand info, none ! greg is jealous

where did I say he was a teammate? Its all over the radio and TV, they keep saying theres 10 - 12 people including teammates that have "testified" against him. Why is it so hard for you to agree with that? I think its funny how fast people are to accuse some and not others... where there is this much freaking smoke, there is definitely a giant fire LOL

Also, why does someone have to have ridden with or against someone in competition to know if the person has used PED's? I don't get your arguement.

pnbronco
08-24-2012, 03:32 PM
I think it's BS. I my mind he won those races. He's done so much after the fact. I think he is tired of fighting this for what 12/13 years and all the money he's spent. He has a new baby and really young child plus his other children from his previous marriage. I just think he's tired of the whole mess. I would let it go and put my energy into a foundation that can make a difference. I think I read at this point he figures people either believe him or don't and was just glad that the Fed charges were off the table.

weazel
08-24-2012, 03:54 PM
I just dont get how they can strip him of his awards without a positive test. Just seems really odd to me.

Ravage!!!
08-24-2012, 03:58 PM
where did I say he was a teammate? Its all over the radio and TV, they keep saying theres 10 - 12 people including teammates that have "testified" against him. Why is it so hard for you to agree with that? I think its funny how fast people are to accuse some and not others... where there is this much freaking smoke, there is definitely a giant fire LOL

I bet that when you see someone arrested, you figure that they MUST be guilty, or there just wouldn't be charges...right? I guess when you have experience in life of seeing how accusations don't make you guilty, that you simply don't take things at face value. They have been "accusing" Lance for 10 years....yet every time they go in court, over a DECADE... lance has won. This isn't a court of justice. These "witnesses" they have brought forth in the past have proved to be shown completely unreliable. Yet after 500 blood tests (once a week).. and not ONE (still zero to this day) positive result..... now they have 10-12 "witnesses" that didn't exsist the last 10 times they've tried to "prove" his guilt. Yet now, because you guys see this bogus "we have list of witnesses"...want to assume that THIS TIME, they have the "proof to show it." As if they didn't feel the same way the other times they tried to "prove" it.

Ravage!!!
08-24-2012, 03:59 PM
I just dont get how they can strip him of his awards without a positive test. Just seems really odd to me.

because its not a court of law. Its not a criminal court. Its simply them and their association that are judging him. Just as the NFL can fine a man without being found guilty in court. The NFL finds them "guilty" of simply being accused.

Ravage!!!
08-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Im just curious...if Lance did decide that he would ONCE AGAIN... spend the money, spend the time, spend the effort, and fought this accusation.. AGAIN.... can they came back with yet another "not guilty" finding..... would you guys then say:

"well, I guess he's guilty and they couldn't prove it"..

or would you say:
"well, I guess he's innocent after all."

Because no matter how you answer that to yourself, the same question could have been asked the LAST time they accused him, and the time before that. Lance understands that even if he, once again, proves his innocence...there is nothing to keep them from just making yet ANOTHER accusation. For them, it could just never stop. So Lance is stopping it and I don't blame him.

weazel
08-24-2012, 04:19 PM
I bet that when you see someone arrested, you figure that they MUST be guilty, or there just wouldn't be charges...right? I guess when you have experience in life of seeing how accusations don't make you guilty, that you simply don't take things at face value. They have been "accusing" Lance for 10 years....yet every time they go in court, over a DECADE... lance has won. This isn't a court of justice. These "witnesses" they have brought forth in the past have proved to be shown completely unreliable. Yet after 500 blood tests (once a week).. and not ONE (still zero to this day) positive result..... now they have 10-12 "witnesses" that didn't exsist the last 10 times they've tried to "prove" his guilt. Yet now, because you guys see this bogus "we have list of witnesses"...want to assume that THIS TIME, they have the "proof to show it." As if they didn't feel the same way the other times they tried to "prove" it.

what? lol I tried reading all of that but it was just too nonsensical

anyway, let me just say that when I was young, I was not a good guy and I was arrested a lot... and every time I was arrested it was because I deserved it. Like I said, where theres smoke there is fire and there is a ton of smoke around Armstrong.

Dzone
08-24-2012, 05:25 PM
Good thing there isnt any PEDs/Steroids in the NFL.:coffee:

weazel
08-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Good thing there isnt any PEDs/Steroids in the NFL.:coffee:

could you imagine??

Ravage!!!
08-24-2012, 05:34 PM
I wonder how many times a guy has to PROVE himself innocent? Its why there is no double-jeopardy in criminal court (in the US). You can accuse and accuse and accuse.... and eventually, you can get enough people to side with you. This only took 13 years for the USADA... and you STILL haven't proven anything!!! :lol: grats!!

weazel
08-24-2012, 05:40 PM
Leave Lance alone!!!

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/016/leave-britney-alone-02.jpg

Dzone
08-24-2012, 09:59 PM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn11/malibubluff/livestrong.jpg

Chef Zambini
08-25-2012, 09:46 AM

Also, why does someone have to have ridden with or against someone in competition to know if the person has used PED's? I don't get your arguement.how would lemond know if he wasnt a teammate or associate?
what lance gives him a call one day and says "letas shoot up" greg only has suspicions, I would like to see that witness list!

MOtorboat
08-25-2012, 10:15 AM
how would lemond know if he wasnt a teammate or associate?
what lance gives him a call one day and says "letas shoot up" greg only has suspicions, I would like to see that witness list!

USADA is doing exactly what you wanted to do to Dumervil....

BigDaddyBronco
08-25-2012, 11:05 AM

How about how can they strip him without some sort of hearing or trial. He didn't even get the names of the 10 accusers when he filed his lawsuit. How can he prepare a defense if he has no idea what evidence is being used against him?

There really is no due process, and that is why the UCI has had a beef with USADA and WADA for that matter. The USADA and WADA have way to much power IMO.

pnbronco
08-25-2012, 03:42 PM
I agree BDB. What drives me nuts is how the press has been saying well then he must be guilty. Instead of giving a guy who is 40 has given his 30's to fighting his reputation realizing that he just wants to enjoy his babies and other children and work on his foundation the benefit of the doubt. I think people can't believe he did everything that he did. Being at death door from the cancer and then to come back to do everything that he did.....well heck he must of cheated. Just sounds like a lot of sour grapes to me. I have to believe that after 500 test something would have shown up, or they just need to admit that their test suck and let it go.

BTW I talked to Lance out in Tahoe several years ago and he was really nice. A guy I could see having a beer with if he wasn't Lance Armstrong.....

chazoe60
08-25-2012, 05:57 PM
Here's a post from another website I belong to. It's a photography site and it's international so there is always a ton of America bashing. Bunch of French ********, Canadians, and general Eurotrash who all despise America. But this an actual self hating piece of shit who probably has some useless Sociology Degree from Berkley.

oh please. the usa culture and our entire history is BASED ON LIES AND CHEATING. from stealing this huge chunk of a continent from indigenous populations to bombing civilians in nagasaki and hiroshima to wars started based on blatant lies (viet nam; iraq). we are the greed is good nation. we believe our myths like any other nation and ours is EXCEPTIONALISM. we are exceptional only in our ability to look the other way. so lance is simply the symptom, not the disease. he joins a long line of jocks and politicians that took the easy route with a willfully ignorant populace. it is a "winning" formula.

weazel
08-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Here's a post from another website I belong to. It's a photography site and it's international so there is always a ton of America bashing. Bunch of French ********, Canadians, and general Eurotrash who all despise America. But this an actual self hating piece of shit who probably has some useless Sociology Degree from Berkley.

yep, I blame the ******* Canadians

Chef Zambini
08-27-2012, 12:36 PM
its been a witch hunt for over a dozen years! if your hunting down a guy like bin laden, I understand.
but targeting LA , after he has pased every test and met every requirement. A guy who is a hero to millions around the world, not because of what he did on a bile, but what he does for families coping with CANCER?
pointless, fruitless, senseless.
this has always been UCI vs asada, now lance says, count me out, because it will never stop. he has stepped away from the table, he is never going to get a fair deal or be allowed to cash in his chips.

Chef Zambini
08-27-2012, 12:40 PM
Here's a post from another website I belong to. It's a photography site and it's international so there is always a ton of America bashing. Bunch of French ********, Canadians, and general Eurotrash who all despise America. But this an actual self hating piece of shit who probably has some useless Sociology Degree from Berkley.guilty by association. guilty because he is an american.
the french, more specificly, the TDF can tell usada to shove their finding back up the orifice they came from !

weazel
08-27-2012, 12:45 PM
its been a witch hunt for over a dozen years! if your hunting down a guy like bin laden, I understand.
but targeting LA , after he has pased every test and met every requirement. A guy who is a hero to millions around the world, not because of what he did on a bile, but what he does for families coping with CANCER?
pointless, fruitless, senseless.
this has always been UCI vs asada, now lance says, count me out, because it will never stop. he has stepped away from the table, he is never going to get a fair deal or be allowed to cash in his chips.

his cancer and his charitable causes have absolutely nothing to do with it, nor should it.

Thnikkaman
08-27-2012, 02:05 PM
I heard that LA was running underground bullfights. That's why they did it.

chazoe60
08-27-2012, 04:36 PM
yep, I blame the ******* Canadians

Shut the **** up and finish washing your flannel and combing your mullet.

MOtorboat
08-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Guilty by doping.

Chef Zambini
08-28-2012, 11:54 AM
is that a royal coachman?

weazel
08-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Shut the **** up and finish washing your flannel and combing your mullet.

as soon as you finish your Triple cheeseburger, bucket of fried chicken and 2 gallons of coca-cola. Stereotypes are fun!!

Poet
08-28-2012, 01:44 PM
What the **** does my lunch have to do with Chaz?

Dzone
08-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Well, the attack on Lance Armstrong is heating up. Chances are , this is going to get real ugly and all over the media.
http://msn.foxsports.com/cycling/story/tyler-hamilton-says-lance-armstrong-gave-him-ped-blood-booster-before-1999-tour-de-france-083012

weazel
09-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Well, the attack on Lance Armstrong is heating up. Chances are , this is going to get real ugly and all over the media.
http://msn.foxsports.com/cycling/story/tyler-hamilton-says-lance-armstrong-gave-him-ped-blood-booster-before-1999-tour-de-france-083012

nope, everyone just forget about him after a couple days of more important news pops up. see ya lance, nobody cares anymore you can probably just start doping in the open now.

Chef Zambini
09-06-2012, 02:16 PM
millions of cancer patients care, MILLIONS !
you can continue to be a smug ass until a member of your family gets cancer. good luck with that.

Poet
09-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Shut the **** up. If you don't like Lance Armstrong you're for cancer, great statement you moron. Chef you are an awful poster and this place would be better if you left. No one likes your posts and you're flat out either the best troll ever or special.

weazel
09-06-2012, 03:51 PM
millions of cancer patients care, MILLIONS !
you can continue to be a smug ass until a member of your family gets cancer. good luck with that.

actually my father in law just died from it, also had other family members die from it. Thanks for your thoughts though. As for your retarded statement, what the **** does a family member getting cancer have to do with armstrong? Did he find a cure that I don't know about? **** off

Chef Zambini
09-06-2012, 05:23 PM
my motyher died from liver cancer.
spare me your indignation. usada is spending millions trying to find a conviction against lance. lance has spent millions of hbis own money, NOT foundation money, trying to defend his honor. Now after 12 yeasr of facing the same BS charges, he says enough.
so glad you want to convict a man who fights the evil that is cancer and are so willing to declarew him a cheater without ANY proof.
your father in law would be so proud of you posts today, good for you !
what are you planning on curing with unjustified hatred and witch hunt mentality?
halitosis?

Chef Zambini
09-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Shut the **** up. If you don't like Lance Armstrong you're for cancer, great statement you moron. Chef you are an awful poster and this place would be better if you left. No one likes your posts and you're flat out either the best troll ever or special.he asked "who cares about lance armstrong? "
the answer is millions of people whose lives have been turned upside down by cancer.
that whoi cares. sorry if that legitimate answer interfieres with your distaste for my opinion !
put me on ignore and live your sheltered life.

Thnikkaman
09-06-2012, 06:19 PM
Zam, you are better of finding an avenue to fight this rather than rant about it in a place where everyone is going to just poke fun at you to make you rant more about it.

Seriously man. I bet you could find a group out there that is actively trying to fight this, and you'd be doing them a lot of good by directing your passion in that direction.

Chef Zambini
09-06-2012, 09:12 PM
we all choose our battles, our fights
our strategy
I fight the lame reflex action to call armstrong a cheater EVERYWHERE I encounter it !
everywhere !
maybe you might want to urge your fellow bronco fans to stop trolling old zam with horseshit about an american, make that GLOBAL hero, and pick one of the many other threads to take a mindless swipe at zam.
I would give up on the broncos before I gave up on lance !
Lance has done more for humanity !

weazel
09-11-2012, 05:17 PM
we all choose our battles, our fights
our strategy
I fight the lame reflex action to call armstrong a cheater EVERYWHERE I encounter it !
everywhere !
maybe you might want to urge your fellow bronco fans to stop trolling old zam with horseshit about an american, make that GLOBAL hero, and pick one of the many other threads to take a mindless swipe at zam.
I would give up on the broncos before I gave up on lance !
Lance has done more for humanity !

when did I ask who cared? lol

btw, he cheated.

and he's probably a pedo

chazoe60
09-11-2012, 07:50 PM
when did I ask who cared? lol

btw, he cheated.

and he's probably a pedo

No, no. He's a pedalphile, it's a completely different thing.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2012, 12:17 PM
he cheated cancer. and he continues to fight the important fight of cheating cancer out of its victims.
hurray lance armstrong a hero for humanity and the fight against cancer.

weazel
09-12-2012, 12:20 PM
he cheated cancer. and he continues to fight the important fight of cheating cancer out of its victims.

then you should start a new thread titled "Armstrong's cancer donations thread", because it really has nothing to do with his cheating in bicycle racing.

or his fondling of boys

weazel
10-10-2012, 11:57 PM

ouch...

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/OtherSports/2012/10/10/20272816.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/19903716
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/usada-report-reveals-lance-armstrong-as-the-greatest-fraud-in-american-sports.html
http://espn.go.com/olympics/cycling/story/_/id/8486013/11-teammates-testified-case-lance-armstrong-usada-says

yep, what a ******* hero!

thats gotta sting, hey zam? yeah I bet it stings...

Softskull
10-11-2012, 12:08 AM
actually my father in law just died from it, also had other family members die from it. Thanks for your thoughts though. As for your retarded statement, what the **** does a family member getting cancer have to do with armstrong? Did he find a cure that I don't know about? **** off

Sorry about your Father in law.

I think Lance did cure cancer. I paid $10 for that fuggin yellow rubber band on my wrist. Dont tell me he didnt cure the cancer.

sneakers
10-11-2012, 04:12 AM
10 kids accuse and testify against Sandusky of molesting them, people say "OMG he's a monster, kill him!"

11 team mates accuse and ready to testify against Armstrong of using steroids, people say "OMG, it can't be, it's a witch hunt!!"

Dzone
10-11-2012, 07:00 AM
Whether Armstrong is guilty or not, at this point who cares? Now the Justice dept is spending taxpayer $ on digging up dirt on Armstrong.. Arent there more serious criminals that need to be investigated? How about investigating some crooked politicians?

Softskull
10-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Whether Armstrong is guilty or not, at this point who cares? Now the Justice dept is spending taxpayer $ on digging up dirt on Armstrong.. Arent there more serious criminals that need to be investigated? How about investigating some crooked politicians?

The DoJ is not investigating him. They are investigating crooked politicians.

weazel
10-11-2012, 09:50 AM

George Bush?

Dzone
10-11-2012, 09:54 AM
The DoJ is not investigating him. They are investigating crooked politicians.

While a federal criminal investigation against Armstrong has been dropped, a Department of Justice investigation continues. It questions whether Armstrong and his teammates fraudulently used taxpayer money in the form of U.S. Postal Service sponsorship dollars to perpetuate the illegal doping program.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/eleven-teammates-turn-on-lance-armstrong--testify-that-he-was-part-of--sophisticated--doping-program.html

Davii
10-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Please remember this is the other sports thread, not politics.

weazel
10-17-2012, 04:43 PM
resigned from charity...

Nike dismisses him...

Thnikkaman
10-17-2012, 04:46 PM
People are apparently scratching the 'v's off of their bracelets so they read 'liestrong'.

Zam is probably on suicide watch.

weazel
10-17-2012, 04:48 PM
People are apparently scratching the 'v's off of their bracelets so they read 'liestrong'.

Zam is probably on suicide watch.

oh man, lol

meh, he still won 7 tour de France's... every other one of those idiots were doping as well. Olympics are the same, they all use, the stupid get caught.

Dzone
10-17-2012, 10:19 PM
Fuggit it was a level playing field and he won. Fair and square. Nobody in that sport is clean.

Softskull
10-17-2012, 11:59 PM
Fuggit it was a level playing field and he won. Fair and square. Nobody in that sport is clean.

Although I propogate an all drugged up sports field because I believe that human could really become more freakish than we already are, your idea is riduculous. You hold people to ridgid rules in all other forums but this one. Your hero cheated and he is lucky if he gets away with only ridicule.

Thnikkaman
10-18-2012, 07:28 AM
I'm beginning to realize that the whole sport of cycling needs to be ridiculed, not just Lance.

CoachChaz
10-18-2012, 09:34 AM
Although I propogate an all drugged up sports field because I believe that human could really become more freakish than we already are, your idea is riduculous. You hold people to ridgid rules in all other forums but this one. Your hero cheated and he is lucky if he gets away with only ridicule.

Amen!!!

CoachChaz
10-18-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm beginning to realize that the whole sport of cycling needs to be ridiculed, not just Lance.

Perhaps...but he has become the face of the sport over the last few years. The same thing happens in every sport. If Roger Clemens and Eduardo Nunez are both busted for PED's, whose face is going to be on ESPN? The higher the ladder, the bigger the fall.

The thing that pisses me off is he voluntarily took the position of being the face for cancer survivors. Based on that and the name he made for himself, he made a lot of money and garnered a lot of success. How many other bicyclists can claim that? At least in this country anyway

Thnikkaman
10-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Perhaps...but he has become the face of the sport over the last few years. The same thing happens in every sport. If Roger Clemens and Eduardo Nunez are both busted for PED's, whose face is going to be on ESPN? The higher the ladder, the bigger the fall.

The thing that pisses me off is he voluntarily took the position of being the face for cancer survivors. Based on that and the name he made for himself, he made a lot of money and garnered a lot of success. How many other bicyclists can claim that? At least in this country anyway

I don't have a problem with Lance getting the majority of the initial bad pub and ridicule, but at some point the focus needs to turn to the whole sport. It's difficult because it seems like the Cancer foundation he helped start seems like atonement for the wrong doing he knew he was a part of.

What lance did was bad, but I don't think it's any worse than what the top politicians have done to get themselves into the positions they are today. Don't take that as me saying that it's okay for them to do what they did; all these people are in positions of power, how do you take that power away?

CoachChaz
10-18-2012, 09:55 AM
I don't have a problem with Lance getting the majority of the initial bad pub and ridicule, but at some point the focus needs to turn to the whole sport. It's difficult because it seems like the Cancer foundation he helped start seems like atonement for the wrong doing he knew he was a part of.

What lance did was bad, but I don't think it's any worse than what the top politicians have done to get themselves into the positions they are today. Don't take that as me saying that it's okay for them to do what they did; all these people are in positions of power, how do you take that power away?

You dont. At the risk of sounding political...the rest of us dont have the personal financial support required to balance the scales in those areas.

Dzone
10-18-2012, 12:08 PM
Today's sports heroes are tomorrows pariahs LOL

There are anabolic/andronergic compounds available to anyone,which can NOT be detected by any test. Very little scientific evidence that short term use causes any long term side effects. Your ability to perform is enhanced. A professional sports player has a small window of opportunity to make enough money to provide for himself and all his loved ones for life.

Kapaibro
10-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Being accused of doping, which he never tested positive for, by guys who did test positive, and are all on bans, just has no fricking grounds with me.

Lighting a bloody fire, and then claiming the smoke is coming from someone else is not proof.

Poet
10-18-2012, 04:02 PM
12 people to testify. Cheaters always are a step ahead of the testing agencies. He did it. It's simple.

Rex
10-18-2012, 04:48 PM
12 people to testify. Cheaters always are a step ahead of the testing agencies. He did it. It's simple.

would you make love to Lance Armstrong knowing that he has 1 ball and is a proven cheater?

Poet
10-18-2012, 05:00 PM
would you make love to Lance Armstrong knowing that he has 1 ball and is a proven cheater?

I'd bend your wife over.

OrangeHoof
10-18-2012, 05:33 PM
I find it interesting that media has all but convicted Roger Clemens but the legal system could never prove it. Armstrong, meanwhile, gets hero treatment while so many more people are willing to prove he was doping. Personally, I figured something was crooked after he dumped the wife that saw him through all those years of cancer rehab in order to bang Sheryl Crow.

Poet
10-18-2012, 05:42 PM
I find it interesting that media has all but convicted Roger Clemens but the legal system could never prove it. Armstrong, meanwhile, gets hero treatment while so many more people are willing to prove he was doping. Personally, I figured something was crooked after he dumped the wife that saw him through all those years of cancer rehab in order to bang Sheryl Crow.

He had cancer so you can't be mean to him.

Dzone
10-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Speaking of cheaters Alex Rodriguez just grounded out in his last game as a Yankee. ******* juicer. lol

Chef Zambini
10-19-2012, 11:58 PM
http://www.ydr.com/sports/ci_21812947/livestrong-celebrates-15th-anniversary-under-cloud

MOtorboat
10-20-2012, 12:00 AM
Maybe he shouldn't have cheated if he doesn't like the consequences.

Dapper Dan
10-21-2012, 02:37 AM
10 kids accuse and testify against Sandusky of molesting them, people say "OMG he's a monster, kill him!"

11 team mates accuse and ready to testify against Armstrong of using steroids, people say "OMG, it can't be, it's a witch hunt!!"

Other cyclists accusing another cyclist of cheating is a lot different from some guys accusing an adult of molesting them when they were young. I'm sorry if you can't see the difference here. I see the point you're trying to make, but it's not remotely close to the same thing.

Dapper Dan
10-21-2012, 02:48 AM
So. Did he actually ever fail a drug test? I haven't seen any report stating he has. If not, then the entire case is garbage.

OrangeHoof
10-21-2012, 06:10 AM
So. Did he actually ever fail a drug test? I haven't seen any report stating he has. If not, then the entire case is garbage.

I think what's being established is that the substances taken were not showing up on the tests. The tests weren't designed to catch them. From my understanding, what makes most of these cases so tricky is that the tests don't actually show the banned substance in a person's system since the banned substance is designed to raise the level of things naturally found in the body. The test are to look for secondary factors which would indicate the person *probably* used a banned substance. Remember Manny Ramirez (the baseball player, not the Bronco) they accused because his level of estrogen was unusually high.

So, as Orwellian as it sounds, it's clear that never failing a test is no proof of innocence but rather a sign that the athlete may have been at the cutting edge of new doping technology for which no test had yet been designed to catch the use of the technology. On local radio, one guy speculated that Armstrong figured out how to cheat because of something he learned during his cancer treatment - which is, of course, designed to kill off the cancer cells then restore the body quickly to its optimal strength in order to fight a relapse.

That's obviously what Barry Bonds thought he had with the Balco stuff - cutting-edge steroid medicine that could beat the tests because it didn't produce the telltale secondary factors the tests are designed to catch.

Dapper Dan
10-21-2012, 08:06 AM
I think what's being established is that the substances taken were not showing up on the tests. The tests weren't designed to catch them. From my understanding, what makes most of these cases so tricky is that the tests don't actually show the banned substance in a person's system since the banned substance is designed to raise the level of things naturally found in the body. The test are to look for secondary factors which would indicate the person *probably* used a banned substance. Remember Manny Ramirez (the baseball player, not the Bronco) they accused because his level of estrogen was unusually high.

So, as Orwellian as it sounds, it's clear that never failing a test is no proof of innocence but rather a sign that the athlete may have been at the cutting edge of new doping technology for which no test had yet been designed to catch the use of the technology. On local radio, one guy speculated that Armstrong figured out how to cheat because of something he learned during his cancer treatment - which is, of course, designed to kill off the cancer cells then restore the body quickly to its optimal strength in order to fight a relapse.

That's obviously what Barry Bonds thought he had with the Balco stuff - cutting-edge steroid medicine that could beat the tests because it didn't produce the telltale secondary factors the tests are designed to catch.

Good explanation.

Dapper Dan
10-21-2012, 08:33 AM
It seems as if all the witnesses had, themselves, confessed to doping. They were caught up in doing something because "everyone else was doing it". It could be said that after a few started pointing fingers at Armstrong that the rest followed because everyone else was doing it. It kind of makes the case seem weak. But these are all good hearted people that claim to be confessing to out the corrupt sport. I guess they're the Jose Cancecos of cycling.

MOtorboat
10-21-2012, 09:25 AM

Don't mean to pick nits, but Bonds was never tested because baseball didn't start testing until four years ago at the Major League level. I think they have been testing minor leaguers for about 10 years now.

weazel
10-22-2012, 03:31 PM
Don't mean to pick nits, but Bonds was never tested because baseball didn't start testing until four years ago at the Major League level. I think they have been testing minor leaguers for about 10 years now.

same goes with everything... tests evolve, but not at the pace the drugs do. They will never catch all cheaters, especially the ones with a lot of financial backing.
The Ben Johnson case is a good example... he tested positive after that olympic race but the rest passed the test. Since then, all but one or two of the other racers have tested positive.

Florence Griffith Joyner will never test positve now that she's dead, but her and her husband were both very involved in the BALCO scandal. Her record will never fall.

Dzone
10-22-2012, 03:36 PM
People would be shocked if they knew the extent of GH use in the pros

slim
10-22-2012, 03:41 PM
People would be shocked if they knew the extent of GH use in the pros

You mean in the NFL? I don't think anyone would be shocked. Those dudes are not natural.

Dzone
10-22-2012, 04:00 PM
When youre upwards of 45 y/o, a GH prescription is gold! It is freakin great! Fountain of youth.
Of course I dont condone the use of banned substances LOL

Dapper Dan
10-22-2012, 05:49 PM
If these agencies want to find dope, I wish they'd hit up my neighbors.

Poet
10-22-2012, 10:48 PM
You mean in the NFL? I don't think anyone would be shocked. Those dudes are not natural.

Yup, 350 pound men aren't supposed to move like that and some of the TE's in this league are ridiculous. Vernon Davis's 40 time...are you kidding me?

Dapper Dan
10-22-2012, 10:56 PM
Yup, 350 pound men aren't supposed to move like that and some of the TE's in this league are ridiculous. Vernon Davis's 40 time...are you kidding me?

And Peyton Manning's head... that can't be natural.

Poet
10-22-2012, 11:15 PM
And Peyton Manning's head... that can't be natural.

We never speak ill of Mr.Manning.

Chef Zambini
10-23-2012, 10:59 AM
for me , this is all like rabbit stew on easter sunday.

Dzone
10-23-2012, 11:15 AM
for me , this is all like rabbit stew on easter sunday.
Or pissing in the wind

Thnikkaman
10-24-2012, 05:04 PM
This is well worth the read.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/10/23/the-apology-lance-armstrong-will-never-give/

Chef Zambini
10-25-2012, 12:20 PM
thanks for posting the article.I stil love the TDF. I still think it is the greatest challenge of the human athlete. I still think the man that stands on the podium in paris is the greatest athlete in the world.
drugs in sportys, no revelation.
LAs involvement, disheartening and dissapointing.
I shared his book, "its not about the bike" because his first chapter, about his relationship with his single mom was so compelling.
I shared it with MY MOM, to help me express how much I appreciated all she did for me.
A year later she died from liver/pancreatic cancer.
This news about lance is difficult for me to digest, and my emotions make it too difficult to take a black and white perspective.
HOPE and DISSAPOINTMENT,
contrasting, yet common beadfellows.

weazel
10-25-2012, 12:25 PM
thanks for posting the article.I stil love the TDF. I still think it is the greatest challenge of the human athlete. I still think the man that stands on the podium in paris is the greatest athlete in the world.
I shared his book, "its not about the bike" because his first chapter, about his relationship with his single mom was so compelling.
I shared it with MY MOM, to help me express how much I appreciated all she did for me.
This news about lance is difficult for me to digest, and my emotions make it too difficult to take a black and white perspective.
HOPE and DISSAPOINTMENT,

but still a cheater and a fraud

Thnikkaman
10-25-2012, 02:05 PM
HOPE and DISSAPOINTMENT,

I thought you of all people would enjoy that Zam. I hope that the sport that you love is able to clean up it's act in general and go back to the ways of being clean.

Chef Zambini
10-26-2012, 11:12 AM
but still a cheater and a fraudhe cheated death and cancer with an arsenal of drugs, an arsenal that his doctors said would have killed another human.
doctors and drugs, his same beadfellows in winning the tdf.
I would like to think that he at least won his first TDF as a clean athlete.

BigDaddyBronco
10-26-2012, 11:18 AM
Zam, there is evidence that he was a doper before he had cancer. My biggest issue with Lance isn't that he is a doper, I would argue that 80% of the field were doping, it's how he treated people to cover up his doping or any investigations after the fact. He threatened the livelihood of many different riders if they didn't keep their mouths shut. He was so driven to win at all costs and protect his legacy that he turned into a bad guy.

I still think he would have won a bunch of TDF's if everyone was clean, he was a genetic freak, and think stripping him of the titles is stupid, but the guy is a major a-hole and had it coming.

weazel
10-26-2012, 11:38 AM
he cheated death and cancer with an arsenal of drugs, an arsenal that his doctors said would have killed another human.
doctors and drugs, his same beadfellows in winning the tdf.
I would like to think that he at least won his first TDF as a clean athlete.

evidence and people say otherwise. He also threatened anyone that would turn against him. He's not a good guy.

Chef Zambini
10-26-2012, 12:48 PM
the threats against teammates is the most disturbing.
defending his personnal legacy for the sake of his foundation is false rationale.
but the hope and inspiration that he gave to MILLIONS of children and families affected by cancer is undeniable, and the burdeen he carried on his shoulders every time he got on his bike.
good people, honest people, like george hincapie, participated in the drug use to help lance keep those hopes and inspiration alive.
its not so black and white
I am not proud of my fallen hero, but I still am compeled to understand the motivation that was NOT self-serving.
what now, oprah?

BeefStew25
10-26-2012, 02:13 PM
He is Barry Bonds.

Poet
10-26-2012, 03:10 PM
No. Bonds was elite without drugs and then turned to them. Lance is nothing more than the product of being able to cheat better than most.

Thnikkaman
10-26-2012, 03:18 PM
No. Bonds was elite without drugs and then turned to them. Lance is nothing more than the product of being able to cheat better than most.

No King, Lance is not a kid running around like a chicken with his head cut off in a bank.

Chef Zambini
10-26-2012, 03:19 PM
wow I forgot all about barry bonds 11 malignant cancer tumors and his seven surgeries and 18 months of chemotherapy.
silly me ,
I didnt even consider the comparison of the bonds foundation with the one lance started.

yes, these two athletes are almost identical !

chazoe60
10-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Barry Bonds epitomises the SF Giants organization, an organization built on cheating and it continues to this day. Would the Giants be in the WS without the help of Melky Cabrera? Would the NL have home field advantage without Cabrera's All Star Game MVP performance?

BeefStew25
10-26-2012, 03:24 PM
Would you like Barry Bonds if he was white?

Signed,

Matthew McConehay in that movie with Sam jackson

chazoe60
10-26-2012, 03:45 PM

Signed,

Matthew McConehay in that movie with Sam jackson

No, I'd hate him just as much as I hate Linsecum.

weazel
10-26-2012, 03:48 PM
He is Barry Bonds.

dunno, did Barry threaten people who said they were going to out him? we dont know that, so maybe Barry isnt as bad

Chef Zambini
10-26-2012, 11:41 PM
sanfrancisco giants;
willie mays.

MOtorboat
10-27-2012, 12:02 AM
Lance Armstrong is every bit the cheater that Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens are. And apparently, he's not a very good person either.

Cheating scumbag.

nyuk nyuk
10-27-2012, 02:24 PM
I tend to think they are well-aware of the massive doping going on, and it seems to me that if they aren't going to bust all involved, then they're making a PR fall guy out of Armstrong and as such need to restore his titles and leave him alone. I don't absolve Armstrong of responsibility, but that clearly THEY are the ones who have allowed cycling to become as such that those who don't dope can't compete...

MOtorboat
10-27-2012, 02:25 PM
I tend to think they are well-aware of the massive doping going on, and it seems to me that if they aren't going to bust all involved, then they're making a PR fall guy out of Armstrong and as such need to restore his titles and leave him alone. I don't absolve Armstrong of responsibility, but that clearly THEY are the ones who have allowed cycling to become as such that those who don't dope can't compete...

They've stripped the title from nearly every Tour de France winner in the last decade. I don't think they are making an example of Armstrong. That said, yes, their sport has a problem.

pnbronco
01-17-2013, 06:29 PM
I was wrong, he lied. However it seems like everyone else in the field was doing the same. Bummed that he felt like he had to hang on to the lie so long. I just heard Alfred say "he did a Lance Armstrong". So that went from working your tail off against crazy odds to lying and hanging on to it for dear life.

I am glad he did what he did for Livestrong. I hope that valuable research will come out of it.

Dzone
01-17-2013, 08:32 PM
The interview starts in 30 minutes...should be interesting to watch.Heres the link
http://ownspecial.oprah.com/lancearmstrong.html

Chef Zambini
01-18-2013, 12:45 PM

Signed,

Matthew McConehay in that movie with Sam jacksonwould youSTILL like sam jackson if he was white?

Chef Zambini
01-18-2013, 12:46 PM
watched the day 1 oprah, will record day 2, I have to work.

weazel
01-18-2013, 01:50 PM
I just got the call... they stripped the Tour de France title from me as well. Apparently they have stripped it from so many people they're just going through the phone book and calling anyone that ever rode a bicycle.

WTE
01-18-2013, 03:14 PM
I just found out that after the interview Oprah gave Lance a performance enhancing hug!

Dzone
01-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Armstrong said early in the interview that you cant compete in the tour de france without taking PEDs, then later he says he was clean when he made his comeback and placed 3rd. What hogwash!
OK, he expects us to believe he placed 3rd and was clean. Ya right. Well, obviously, he is lying again to Oprah. He is pathological and in his own words "deeply flawed", why would we expect him to suddenly become honest?

Edit-asked if he could win 7 tours and he said in his opinion no. Also, he did say that by 2009, the sport had been cleaned up.

silkamilkamonico
01-19-2013, 12:57 AM
He said no person could win 7 in a row, and he actually stated it was just his opinion.

I watched the interview. I cannot stand lance armstrong. I dont understand why everyone is saying he looks so bad in it. Were people honestly expecting an open hearted celebratory response with each question?

People saying he wasnt specific, Oprah made a comment that he was holding back. I didnt think that he was holding anything back at all.

Chef Zambini
01-19-2013, 01:23 PM
he withheld names, his objective was too admit his own guilt, not drag anyone else into his own mud.
he looks devoid of emotion, but those who know him, guys like TYLER HAMILTON, commented that they saw a BROKEN LA in that interview, humbled and defeated.

MOtorboat
01-19-2013, 01:35 PM
he withheld names, his objective was too admit his own guilt, not drag anyone else into his own mud.
he looks devoid of emotion, but those who know him, guys like TYLER HAMILTON, commented that they saw a BROKEN LA in that interview, humbled and defeated.

Yes. So noble.

Dzone
01-19-2013, 01:47 PM
The sad part is that if the sport had been completely clean, he would have still won 7 straight tours...His athletic accomplishes are still incredible. His overcoming adversity is still inspiring...His work ethic and ability to endure pain was above and beyond his competition.

What would you do as a young cyclist with dreams of making it in elite competition, facing a sport where just gaining entry -- let alone winning -- REQUIRED the use of Performance Enhancing Drugs? A clean rider stood a snowball's chance in hell of either competing or winning.

There is no clean rider who was cheated of a victory because of Armstrongs juicing. Maybe thats why they didnt give the 7 Gold medals to the guys who came in second, because everyone knows they were juicing too.

As for Armstrong the person, thats a separate topic.

silkamilkamonico
01-25-2013, 11:44 AM
The sad part is that if the sport had been completely clean, he would have still won 7 straight tours...His athletic accomplishes are still incredible. His overcoming adversity is still inspiring...His work ethic and ability to endure pain was above and beyond his competition.

What would you do as a young cyclist with dreams of making it in elite competition, facing a sport where just gaining entry -- let alone winning -- REQUIRED the use of Performance Enhancing Drugs? A clean rider stood a snowball's chance in hell of either competing or winning.

There is no clean rider who was cheated of a victory because of Armstrongs juicing. Maybe thats why they didnt give the 7 Gold medals to the guys who came in second, because everyone knows they were juicing too.

As for Armstrong the person, thats a separate topic.

I can respect what armstong did in competition regardless, but considering he sold his entire persona for that, and was exposed as a lying cheating fraud, I certainly don't admire the accomplishments. I simply revert back to bike riding.