PDA

View Full Version : The Game of My Life by Jim Saccomano (@broncos_sacco) - This is worth checking out

Tned
08-23-2012, 06:48 PM
I just bought Jim Saccomano's updated edition of Game of my Life. I figure most of you know, but Jim has been with the Broncos for around 35 years, and he's the Vice President of Corporate Communications.

I've read Jim's blog entries on DenverBroncos.com and always enjoy the factoids and Broncos trivia that he posts on Twitter. Beyond that, I've heard him do quite a few radio interviews and can't get enough of his Broncos stories. Us die-hard Broncos fans would probably have the time of our lives having a beer with Jim as he recounts stories of his 35 years with the Broncos -- that would be an experience.

Since that's not an option, his book Game of my Life is the next best thing.

Jim has broken his book into 21 chapters, with each chapter dedicated to one Broncos player. He spends some time giving a history and sharing stories about that player before he was a Bronco, then talks about his time with the Broncos. He then has a section called "The Game of my Life" where Jim, mostly through quotes from the player, talks about the greatest game in that players' life. Finally, he spends some time talking about the player's life after football in the "After the cheering stopped" section. Each chapter is a combination of Jim's recounting details about the player and a LOT of quotes from the player discussing his career, the game of his life and his life after football.

I've read a number of the chapters already, including the one on Steve Atwater. It's been a thoroughly enjoyable read. It's also been a great way to relive great times like the Broncos win over the Packers, which was Atwater's game of his life.

If you love the Broncos like I do, and I know most of you do, check it out.

I bought my copy from Amazon, but I'm sure it's available at B&N and probably local book stores. Here's the book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Game-Life-Denver-Broncos-Memorable/dp/1613210701/

Hardwired
08-23-2012, 08:10 PM
That may be the fastest one-click purchase I've ever made. :) Thanks for the heads up.

Chef Zambini
08-23-2012, 10:48 PM
Im gonna wait for the movie.