PDA

View Full Version : Elway, Peyton, Brock form unique bond

Denver Native (Carol)
08-23-2012, 02:24 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado

Four Denver Broncos quarterbacks and their position coach were scouting the Seattle Seahawks' defense when Peyton Manning suddenly paused the video.

Brock Osweiler was paying attention and taking notes. The rookie just didn’t expect the storied veteran to put him on the spot.

Manning asked Osweiler to identify the “Mike,” which is the term used to describe the Seahawks player who serves as middle linebacker on the play. The decision helps the quarterback set pass protection by designating blockers to cover Seattle defenders.

Osweiler made his choice — and then received a valuable lesson.

rest - interesting - http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Peyton-Manning-Brock-Osweiler-John-Elway-Denver-Broncos-quarterbacks-work-together-082212

AND

John Elway: Brock Osweiler is Super Bowl-caliber

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000053193/article/john-elway-brock-osweiler-is-super-bowlcaliber?module=HP11_headline_stack

Dzone
08-23-2012, 02:58 PM
They say if you really want to master something, then teach it to someone else. Peyton understands that.

Canmore
08-23-2012, 05:22 PM
They say if you really want to master something, then teach it to someone else. Peyton understands that.

Is that ever true. I taught a Calculus class at a community college after I got out of school. I thought I new that stuff well. Teaching it was a whole other experience. When I got done with the year, I new that inside, outside and upside down.

DenBronx
08-23-2012, 05:28 PM
John Elway: Brock Osweiler is SuperBowl caliber.

That's a huge endorsement. The more I think about us getting Brock at #2 the more I think it was a great plan. Who knows how long Peyton will be here but to have our future QB sitting behind him is very valuable. I know Peytons never really had a franchise QB develop behind him but Brocks wayyyy better than guys like Painter or any other scrub Manning has had as a backup. Then there's this whole 6'7 with a cannon arm thing. Also add in that Brocks a sponge and has already taken the #2 spot ahead of 2 veterans. Maybe Brock isn't as good of an NFL QB that Luck is but I think in 3 years Brock will make a strong case that he is every bit as good and better than Tannehill, who was taken before him.

So far, I'm really impressed with the direction John Elway is taking this team.

Northman
08-23-2012, 05:31 PM
Love it.