PDA

View Full Version : Marshall Atlanta Arrest Tape Reveals Details Of Domestic Spat

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2009, 01:34 PM
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/20264259/detail.html

DENVER -- Police tapes provide more insight into the March 1 arrest of Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall as a ‘very loud’ dispute with ’kicking’.

According to Atlanta police 911 tapes obtained by CompleteColorado.com and provided to TheDenverChannel.com, a witness told police the domestic incident "seems pretty violent."

Early on in that first call, the police dispatcher asks the witness, “So there’s a male beatin’ on a female?”

CALLER: “Apparently, I guess, I’m up in a condo just a few floors up from the ground, but yeah it seems pretty violent."

The witness goes on to say Marshall was wearing pants but no shirt.

The officer then describes seeing Marshall and his fiancée, Michi Nogami-Campbell, by the loading dock of the Cancer Society.

The officer says, "I don’t think punches (are being thrown), but they’re very loud…a male, pinned up a female against the loading dock doors…She’s ... to the ground now, it’s just a verbal.."

Then later that officer says, "..they’re kicking each other."

Both Marshall and Nogami-Mitchell were arrested.

Marshall is due in a Georgia courtroom later this month, the latest in a series of legal troubles stretching back to the earlier part of the decade and his college football days at the University of Central Florida.

silkamilkamonico
08-03-2009, 01:43 PM
'kicking"? Seriously Marshall? I did that in like 3rd grade.

underrated29
08-03-2009, 01:47 PM
but but but.....but she kicked me first.

OldschoolFreak
08-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Wow.

I came here hoping to see confirmation of Ayers signing but get this instead. Oh yeah, this is way better if you ask me.

LRtagger
08-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Sign him to an extension ASAP!!!!!!!

He was just rehabbing the hip and she was nice enough to let him use her face to do it.

Ravage!!!
08-03-2009, 02:34 PM
I don't know what you guys are complaining about. Sounds to me, if you read whats written out, there is no sign of physical violence. Until you actually hear the officer describe what he meant when saying "they are kicking one another"... you don't really know if this is an exchange of something that could seriously be considered as bad as one COULD take it (if they wished to).

This sounds to me that it was basically a yelling match. This isn't domestic violence, but domestic argument (although apparently a very loud one). Isn't this what people wanted to see?

GEM
08-03-2009, 02:42 PM
I don't know what you guys are complaining about. Sounds to me, if you read whats written out, there is no sign of physical violence. Until you actually hear the officer describe what he meant when saying "they are kicking one another"... you don't really know if this is an exchange of something that could seriously be considered as bad as one COULD take it (if they wished to).

This sounds to me that it was basically a yelling match. This isn't domestic violence, but domestic argument (although apparently a very loud one). Isn't this what people wanted to see?

It was a yelling match until the officer witnessed them kicking each other. I dunno, but kicking does construe physical violence. :shrugs:

underrated29
08-03-2009, 02:55 PM
and maybe i missed it by why isnt she on trial for the same chargers?

I mean, there are no reported injuries, and he said THEY are kicking EACH OTHER.

not he is kicking her. She should be just a liable as him. And if thats the case then the whole dam thing will probably get thrown out as she wont want to get in trouble or ruled against.

Of course this could be the faults of the legal system where because he is a dude he is the one that has to pay for it. :shrugs:

broncofanatic1987
08-03-2009, 03:19 PM

I mean, there are no reported injuries, and he said THEY are kicking EACH OTHER.

not he is kicking her. She should be just a liable as him. And if thats the case then the whole dam thing will probably get thrown out as she wont want to get in trouble or ruled against.

Of course this could be the faults of the legal system where because he is a dude he is the one that has to pay for it. :shrugs:

He's not going on trial for those charges. Those charges were dropped.

He's going on trial for an incident involving his ex-girlfriend last year.

NightTrainLayne
08-03-2009, 03:21 PM
I don't know. .. I've been in several "verbal" shouting matches with my wife and previous girl-friends.

None of them ever ended up on the ground or pinned up against a wall, and no way shape or form would kicking be involved. To me, when you're trying to rationalize her on the ground and him kicking then your working a little too hard to defend him.

LRtagger
08-03-2009, 03:39 PM
Sounds to me, if you read whats written out, there is no sign of physical violence.

“So there’s a male beatin’ on a female?”

CALLER: “...but yeah it seems pretty violent."

"..they’re kicking each other."

:confused:

Ravage!!!
08-03-2009, 03:51 PM
I don't know. .. I've been in several "verbal" shouting matches with my wife and previous girl-friends.

None of them ever ended up on the ground or pinned up against a wall, and no way shape or form would kicking be involved. To me, when you're trying to rationalize her on the ground and him kicking then your working a little too hard to defend him.

you don't know that was the case. YOu are reading into something you visualize, without actually being witness.

Overtime
08-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Brandon Marshall better quit messing around with these women this way, because one of these days, they're gonna get tired of getting beat on, and one of 'em is gonna nuts on him, and pull out gun and he'll end up having the same fate as Steve McNair.

NightTrainLayne
08-03-2009, 03:54 PM
you don't know that was the case. YOu are reading into something you visualize, without actually being witness.

The officer says, "I don’t think punches (are being thrown), but they’re very loud…a male, pinned up a female against the loading dock doors…She’s ... to the ground now, it’s just a verbal.."

Then later that officer says, "..they’re kicking each other."

That quote from the story referencing the 911 call is all I have to go on, but it seems that the police officer is describing her pinned up against the loading dock doors, then she's on the ground, then they're kicking each other.

I'm really just trying to take that at it's face value. I don't see where I'm reading anything extra into it. And as it stands, that is over the line, and more than enough to justify an arrest.

Ravage!!!
08-03-2009, 03:57 PM

NICE selective posting there, tagger. You part of the prosecution?? LOL.. wow

Yes. yes you are.... lol

I'm glad you quoted those. Did you see where the caller said he didn't SEE anything??? Hmmmm..

CALLER: “Apparently, I guess, I’m up in a condo just a few floors up from the ground, but yeah it seems pretty violent." (I didn't see anything, but I hear a lot of yelling)

then the written out part of the "they are kicking one another".. has the convenient "..." before the sentence. "...they are kicking one another." This means that there could be sentences and paragraphs the writer chose not to include.... VERY MUCH like you did in your choice of the written story. :lol:

Ravage!!!
08-03-2009, 04:03 PM
That quote from the story referencing the 911 call is all I have to go on, but it seems that the police officer is describing her pinned up against the loading dock doors, then she's on the ground, then they're kicking each other.

I'm really just trying to take that at it's face value. I don't see where I'm reading anything extra into it. And as it stands, that is over the line, and more than enough to justify an arrest.

I think thats how you read it, but thats not really whats written BECAUSE the 911 call isn't written in full. (Now please, I'm admitting that I don't know what transpired, and would never defend anyone that is kicking someone that is on the ground like this) The writer of this story chose to leave what was said, and cherry picked what they wanted to write out.

the "... they are kicking one another" is much like lagger did above, and picked out the part of the sentence that illustrates a "mood" or "visual" that they wish to show. This my not have been what the officer was describing at all, but because its put in the order that the writer chose, its the order at which you read it, an the image you put in your head.

The officer, very clearly says that its not violent, but very loud. Now unless you think that Marshall THEN (after the officer arrived) pinned her down and started kicking her on the ground, it would seem that something is a bit off here.

silkamilkamonico
08-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Marshall's status has just been downgrade from "womenbeater" to "womenkickerer".

LMAO

Poet
08-03-2009, 04:46 PM
This type of crap happens too often with him for it to be coincidence.

broncofanatic1987
08-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Defending Marshall makes little sense. He clearly did something wrong and was fortunate in this case to have the charges dropped. That situation has always been described as they started kicking each other after the police arrived.

They were both arrested and the charges were dropped because they both refused to testify against the other.

I don't see why people are so eager to make excuses for him or defend him. The guy has yet to go through an offseason without getting arrested. There is clearly an issue with him and his ability or inability to properly manage his anger.

The guy has talent and if he's acquitted of the charges in Atlanta, the Broncos should definitely sign him to an extension. It should protect the Broncos from his future bad behavior because there will be future bad behavior. His antics over trying to get an extension are a clear indication that he hasn't learned his lesson.

LRtagger
08-03-2009, 08:35 PM
NICE selective posting there, tagger. You part of the prosecution?? LOL.. wow

Yes. yes you are.... lol

I'm glad you quoted those. Did you see where the caller said he didn't SEE anything??? Hmmmm..

CALLER: “Apparently, I guess, I’m up in a condo just a few floors up from the ground, but yeah it seems pretty violent." (I didn't see anything, but I hear a lot of yelling)

then the written out part of the "they are kicking one another".. has the convenient "..." before the sentence. "...they are kicking one another." This means that there could be sentences and paragraphs the writer chose not to include.... VERY MUCH like you did in your choice of the written story. :lol:

It wasn't selective posting...you said "there was nothing written to indicate any violence". I posted two snippets that directly say it was violent. That was the point of my post. I guess you didn't see it.

I'm not sure what you are seeing in that police report that indicates Marshall did nothing wrong.

broncohead
08-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Basically nobody was there and what has been writen doesn't seem like the whole story. Maybe he threw her to the ground and started kicking her OR maybe she was trying to hit him and he defended himself by holding her against a wall and she fell OR just maybe nobody knows what is going on. If it was anything serious one of them would have had scratches, bruises, or swelling. All I know is Marshall is a dumb ass to keep getting in trouble.

Lonestar
08-03-2009, 10:28 PM

well assault in most states is verbal and battery in most states is touching the other party..

some how violence is pinning her against the loading docks doors and then kicking each other..

not sure how anyone can defend that considering he has about 12 inches and about 160 pounds on her..

seems like violence to me.. in some cases it could be detaining without a warrant..to almost kidnapping..

at the least it is holding her against her will..

Lonestar
08-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Defending Marshall makes little sense. He clearly did something wrong and was fortunate in this case to have the charges dropped. That situation has always been described as they started kicking each other after the police arrived.

They were both arrested and the charges were dropped because they both refused to testify against the other.

I don't see why people are so eager to make excuses for him or defend him. The guy has yet to go through an offseason without getting arrested. There is clearly an issue with him and his ability or inability to properly manage his anger.

The guy has talent and if he's acquitted of the charges in Atlanta, the Broncos should definitely sign him to an extension. It should protect the Broncos from his future bad behavior because there will be future bad behavior. His antics over trying to get an extension are a clear indication that he hasn't learned his lesson.

IIRC part of his light 1 week suspension was anger management classes..

I wonder if he attended by proxy..

Northman
08-03-2009, 11:06 PM
It was a yelling match until the officer witnessed them kicking each other. I dunno, but kicking does construe physical violence. :shrugs:

Not too mention a previous history of getting physical with women but hey, Ravage thinks its nothing. :lol:

Northman
08-03-2009, 11:07 PM

Emm no. He will get the brunt of it because he has a previous history of violence against women.

Northman
08-03-2009, 11:08 PM

Imagine that. :lol:

Northman
08-03-2009, 11:11 PM
This type of crap happens too often with him for it to be coincidence.

Shhhh, dont ruin it King.

GEM
08-03-2009, 11:13 PM
Not too mention a previous history of getting physical with women but hey, Ravage thinks its nothing. :lol:

I know there are 2 parties in these domestic disputes. Women can be crazy (hell I've been that woman before) but it's how you deal with situations that defines who you are. If you're with a crazy bish and you stay with her and continue on with the volatile situations, then you get what you get. If beyond just staying with a crazy bish, you fight back with your fists, you get what you get. It doesn't matter that you are an uber talented WR in the NFL. You pay for stupidity. Unfortunately for Marshall, he is also uber stupid.

:lol:

Northman
08-03-2009, 11:18 PM
I know there are 2 parties in these domestic disputes. Women can be crazy (hell I've been that woman before) but it's how you deal with situations that defines who you are. If you're with a crazy bish and you stay with her and continue on with the volatile situations, then you get what you get. If beyond just staying with a crazy bish, you fight back with your fists, you get what you get. It doesn't matter that you are an uber talented WR in the NFL. You pay for stupidity. Unfortunately for Marshall, he is also uber stupid.

:lol:

I have no doubt Whatley is a gold digger and i bet she pushes his buttons. But it works and Brandon fell for it hook, line, and sinker. But now, even with his new lady he STILL has domestic issues so as King said its far too much of the same thing to just shrug off as nothing. But, according to some individuals on this board its ok if Brandon beats a woman just so as long as we win SB's because he is so talented. Character evidently means NOTHING to some people which is just embarrassing.

MOtorboat
08-04-2009, 07:41 AM
She probably deserved it.

GEM
08-04-2009, 07:43 AM
She probably deserved it.

Just like he deserves the shitstorm he's going through because of his actions.

MOtorboat
08-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Just like he deserves the shitstorm he's going through because of his actions.

I don't really think that...

But he earned his trial with a lot of hard work, multiple run-ins and fists, true.

MOtorboat
08-04-2009, 09:15 AM
Anyone seen Californication - the first season?

CoachChaz
08-04-2009, 09:19 AM
Anyone seen Californication - the first season?

Hell yeah!!!

CoachChaz
08-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Hardly ever around and still getting innocent posts deleted. Shit never ends.