PDA

View Full Version : Jim Leonhard, Keith Brooking no locks to make Broncos' 53-man roster

Denver Native (Carol)
08-22-2012, 07:20 PM
In terms of roster mechanics, the Broncos pulled their safety net from safety Jim Leonhard on Tuesday.

They likely will have to decide whether to make a leap of faith with Leonhard and another veteran, linebacker Keith Brooking, before setting the 53-man roster next week. Leonhard's surgically repaired knee was fit enough to pass his physical, leading the Broncos to activate the eighth-year safety and punt returner from the active physically unable to perform (PUP) list.

A former starter with the Ravens and Jets, Leonhard practiced with the Broncos for the first time Tuesday — although only in individual and position drills. He didn't participate in the 11-on-11 team drills.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21367896/jim-leonhard-keith-brooking-no-locks-make-broncos

chaoticmayhem
08-22-2012, 07:42 PM
I think they'll both be cut.

BroncoWave
08-22-2012, 07:48 PM
I'd like to see Leonhard healthy and productive enough to make the team. He's a talented player when healthy. Brooking I'm indifferent about.

Dzone
08-22-2012, 09:49 PM
I like both of these guys and hope they both can contribute this season.

MOtorboat
08-22-2012, 09:52 PM
Brooking might make it on shear numbers. Leonhard has an uphill battle. I'm actually very encouraged by the reports coming out of camp and limited preseason action about safety.

BroncoWave
08-23-2012, 12:26 AM
Brooking might make it on shear numbers. Leonhard has an uphill battle. I'm actually very encouraged by the reports coming out of camp and limited preseason action about safety.

Leonhard can contribute in the return game though, so he doesn't necessarily have to crack the secondary rotation.

CoachChaz
08-23-2012, 08:41 AM
With as weak as we are at MLB and Safety...I dont see how we can afford to cut anyone at those positions