PDA

View Full Version : Rank the jerseys... Broncos way down the list.

weazel
08-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Lets change that, shall we?

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/rank/_/listId/1878/versionId/2

sneakers
08-22-2012, 03:31 PM
how the hell are the packers #1? their uniforms are ugly as hell?????

Oh yeah, people in wisconsin love voting on these internet things

chazoe60
08-22-2012, 03:47 PM
Uniform discussions are for girls and queers.

Simple Jaded
08-22-2012, 03:47 PM
The Packers are #1 because their jerseys are classic and they didn't let Nike wipe their ass with their history. **** Nike.......

weazel
08-22-2012, 03:48 PM
I kind of like the Packers jerseys uniforms. Also, they have not changed

MOtorboat
08-22-2012, 05:21 PM
how the hell are the packers #1? their uniforms are ugly as hell?????

Oh yeah, people in wisconsin love voting on these internet things

Do you people seriously have nothing else to do but vote in online contests?

By the way, Chazoe can kiss my ass. I think the Broncos are low, but I'm obviously biased. Changing back to the orange is effing sweet.

weazel
08-22-2012, 05:43 PM
just read the guys article and seen the vote thing... bored at work.

MOtorboat
08-22-2012, 06:05 PM
just read the guys article and seen the vote thing... bored at work.

I'm assuming you're referring to Paul Lukas' countdown of all the jerseys in pro sports (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL)

In his ranking, Denver is 95th.

http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/story/_/id/8275112/uni-watch-power-rankings-rates-nfl-mlb-nba-nhl-uniforms-1-122

Avs are 118, Rockies are at 88 and Nuggets are 84, out of 122.

OrangeHoof
08-22-2012, 06:36 PM
So, the Denver uniforms in all sports just suck, according to the rankings.

My problem with the rankings is that they are totally subjective. And a lot of what looks "classic" is only because those teams have been in a lot of classic games, no thanks to their laundry.

FWIW, my favorite unis in each sport:

MLB - San Francisco Giants, particularly the home "creams".
NFL - Chicago Bears, nothing fancy but then neither is Bears football.
NBA - hell, I don't watch that crap anymore. What looks good with 27 tats?
NHL - Boston Bruins, but part of that was the Bobby Orr years.

Bugs Baloney
08-22-2012, 07:25 PM
The Packers are #1 because their jerseys are classic and they didn't let Nike wipe their ass with their history. **** Nike.......

agree 110%. this has got to be the worst year for uniforms. a little kid could do better :tsk:

the neon colors = barf
the disco collars = barf
nike designs = barf

Bugs Baloney
08-22-2012, 07:27 PM

By the way, Chazoe can kiss my ass. I think the Broncos are low, but I'm obviously biased. Changing back to the orange is effing sweet.

i just wish it wasn't neon freakin' safety freakin' orange :mad:

Simple Jaded
08-22-2012, 10:44 PM
I liked the blue better but I didn't have any problem with switching back to orange until I saw them the other night. I'm all for Broncos tradition but Nike wiped their ass with the Denver Broncos' orange. These are worse than the all-blues.......

Canmore
08-23-2012, 12:36 AM
I liked the blue better but I didn't have any problem with switching back to orange until I saw them the other night. I'm all for Broncos tradition but Nike wiped their ass with the Denver Broncos' orange. These are worse than the all-blues.......

I really liked the all blues, and the blue uniforms will always have a place in my heart. The two Super Bowls probably have something to do with that. As for the new orange, all the hunters won't need to buy vests as their jerseys will do double duty.

sneakers
08-23-2012, 02:04 AM

It's kinda like this when we see an internet poll about Wisconsin:

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/1158223_o.gif

FlyByU
08-23-2012, 05:39 AM
Orange Crush Baby

That is about all I can say on the Uniforms that matter to me.

EastCoastBronco
08-23-2012, 07:18 AM
Haters gonna hate...

Neon or not, I'm glad the Orange is back.
Now all of my old Sports Illustrated posters of Elway and Meck look relevant again...;-)

Bugs Baloney
08-23-2012, 09:31 AM
Haters gonna hate...

Neon or not, I'm glad the Orange is back.
Now all of my old Sports Illustrated posters of Elway and Meck look relevant again...;-)

1533 this is not Orange Crush, this is Middle School Crush. Haters gonna hate huh?

Ravage!!!
08-23-2012, 09:58 AM
1533 this is not Orange Crush, this is Middle School Crush. Haters gonna hate huh?

I disagree. I like the new bright orange. I actually like it better than the old orange. Its bright and electric. I don't like the "collars" that Nike has put onto our jerseys (hell, I don't even like the side swoop on our jerseys)...but I DO like the color of orange.

CrazyHorse
08-23-2012, 10:15 AM
I know I'm probably in the minority but I actually like the Seahawks' jerseys.

Ravage!!!
08-23-2012, 10:40 AM
I know I'm probably in the minority but I actually like the Seahawks' jerseys.

wow... yeah you are :lol: I mean, you are actually the very first person I have heard say that. But, to which their own :beer:

BroncoJoe
08-23-2012, 10:47 AM
wow... yeah you are :lol: I mean, you are actually the very first person I have heard say that. But, to which their own :beer:

What are you talking about? This is sweet!

:cool:

weazel
08-23-2012, 10:49 AM
The Chicago Blackhawks have the nicest jersey in all sports... this dude has it ranked 49. I stopped reading after that.
Whats funny is on the main page he refers to the Blackhawks red jersey as probably the nicest jersey in all pro sports and then in the ranking says the same jersey is too loud LOL

OrangeHoof
08-23-2012, 11:01 AM
The orange jerseys are fantastic for those occasional snow games. Remember 1984 Packers on Monday night? Those jerseys made it real easy to find receivers.

Ravage!!!
08-23-2012, 11:06 AM
What are you talking about? This is sweet!

:cool:

I guess for a city that is used to fog.... or if playing in the arena league

Dzone
08-23-2012, 11:11 AM
The new orange is cool.
I think it activates a different part of the brain or something.

chazoe60
08-23-2012, 02:23 PM
There's only been two uniforms ever that made me even consider them for more than a minute, the Detroit Lions throwbacks and Army's cammo unis. Those are the only two that made me say "those are ******* cool" other than that I honestly don't care. I like the Broncos' uni because it's the Broncos', I like the Rockies' unis because it's the Rockies'. Simple as that.

MOtorboat
08-23-2012, 03:06 PM
The Chicago Blackhawks have the nicest jersey in all sports... this dude has it ranked 49. I stopped reading after that.
Whats funny is on the main page he refers to the Blackhawks red jersey as probably the nicest jersey in all pro sports and then in the ranking says the same jersey is too loud LOL

Two different writers.

DenBronx
08-23-2012, 03:19 PM
I guess I'm in the minority as well and actually love our orange uniforms.

weazel
08-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Two different writers.

dont ruin a good post with facts, Mo!

MOtorboat
08-23-2012, 07:57 PM
I know that Lukas doesn't like the Titans (65) or the Cardinals (114), but I think tonight's uni match up is pretty good.

I like the white helmet on the royal blue top, thick navy blue stripes and pants, along with the Cardinals all white with red yokes and side stripes.

Simple Jaded
08-23-2012, 11:23 PM
I liked the Cards black jerseys, wonder if they'll still have them.......

Simple Jaded
08-23-2012, 11:25 PM
The new orange is cool.
I think it activates a different part of the brain or something.

You mean like how a strobe light can cause seizures?.......

Chef Zambini
08-24-2012, 01:02 AM
rank the jerseys...
new jersey, #1 !
...although I have no idea what was wrong with the old jersey, did the cows get sick or something?

Chef Zambini
08-24-2012, 01:03 AM
I liked the Cards black jerseys, wonder if they'll still have them.......yes, but only because they are in mourning at the loss of their QB position.

Chef Zambini
08-24-2012, 01:12 AM
neon orange
electric orange
flourescent orange
crossing guard orange,

I dont care what we call it , as long as we win in it!

I remember the uni change in 1998, I thought those unis sucked too
but they looked pretty good holding up the lombardi!

I guess its all about how you accessorize, so yes,

this thread is for women and gays.

FanInAZ
08-24-2012, 06:50 AM
The orange jerseys are fantastic for those occasional snow games. Remember 1984 Packers on Monday night? Those jerseys made it real easy to find receivers.

Packers fumble the opening KO, Broncos recover it for a TD. Broncos KO again, Packers fumble it again, Broncos recover it again for another TD. Denver up 14-0 without a single play being run from scrimmage.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198410150den.htm

shank
08-24-2012, 07:55 AM
Uniform discussions are for girls and queers.

I know that Lukas doesn't like the Titans (65) or the Cardinals (114), but I think tonight's uni match up is pretty good.

I like the white helmet on the royal blue top, thick navy blue stripes and pants, along with the Cardinals all white with red yokes and side stripes.
this

slim
08-24-2012, 09:26 AM

You are such a homo.

topscribe
08-24-2012, 10:13 AM
I've always liked the plain, Penn State/Chicago Bears type of uniform. It's like
they're saying, "I'm just going to put on my helmet then knock your teeth
down your throat." I don't know . . . it just suggests football to me . . .

OrangeHoof
08-24-2012, 10:23 AM
I've said before I liked those ugly early 60s Broncos uniforms because they reminded me of some inner-city high school that can't afford new uniforms so they wear crap and then dare you to laugh at them before they kick your teeth in. There's a certain meanness that comes with wearing dark colors that look kinda ghetto. It's not a bad attitude for a defense to have.

In fact, there were psychological studies done once on team colors and perception of play. When the Oilers wore those powder-puff blue jerseys, nobody thought of them as a "dirty" team. The Dolphins were for years the least penalized team in football while wearing non-agressive orange-and-aqua colors. Then you contrast that with the Raiders (dirty), the Steelers (dirty) and the Falcons in their black-on-black days (dirty). Clothes do make the man, as it were.

Simple Jaded
08-24-2012, 07:27 PM
I've always liked the plain, Penn State/Chicago Bears type of uniform. It's like
they're saying, "I'm just going to put on my helmet then knock your teeth
down your throat." I don't know . . . it just suggests football to me . . .
GB, Chi, Penn St, Bama, Michigan's old uni's. Even Dallas, Oakland, and KC have an old school quality. I like how simple NYG, Texas and A&M's jersey's are.......

Broncos Mtnman
08-24-2012, 09:53 PM
agree 110%. this has got to be the worst year for uniforms. a little kid could do better :tsk:

the neon colors = barf
the disco collars = barf
nike designs = barf

:dito: