PDA

View Full Version : No shirt, no shoes, no Commissioner? DJ Williams, Jonathan Vilma ban Goodell from their restaurant

Denver Native (Carol)
08-22-2012, 12:48 PM
Hopefully Roger Goodell wasn’t planning on getting a meal at Brother Jimmy’s BBQ restaurant next time he’s in Miami.

Three NFL linebackers, including Denver’s own D.J. Williams, have made it clear Goodell isn’t welcome.

Williams, New Orleans’ Jonathan Vilma and Carolina’s Jon Beason recently opened the new restaurant, a branch of the New York City barbecue joint, and even more recently, signs have have appeared in the shop’s windows declaring Goodell as persona non grata inside.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/08/22/shirt-shoes-commissioner-dj-williams-jonathan-vilma-ban-goodell-restaurant/14986/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

dogfish
08-22-2012, 12:52 PM
lol. . . not a goodell fan. . . but DJ's probably not wise to poke the bear when he has another pending issue himself. . .

CoachChaz
08-22-2012, 12:54 PM
I guess this is the risk you take when you draft players from The U

chazoe60
08-22-2012, 01:01 PM
They should have let him come. DJ could piss in his drink, and Vilma could pay a busboy to knee-cap his ass.

Chef Zambini
08-22-2012, 01:10 PM
that poster is going to end up being a top seller in the big easy!
it will be chique for restaurants to have it posted at their place!

dogfish
08-22-2012, 01:11 PM
They should have let him come. DJ could piss in his drink, and Vilma could pay a busboy to knee-cap his ass.

hasn't DJ already had enough issues with peeing for the man?

OrangeHoof
08-22-2012, 01:38 PM
I knew a topless bar where the sign said "No shirt. No shoes. No service." They were right about all three.

chazoe60
08-22-2012, 03:37 PM
hasn't DJ already had enough issues with peeing for the man?

That's the point of the joke, you dope.

Simple Jaded
08-22-2012, 03:42 PM
Does anybody else get the feeling that Williams just doesn't care if ever plays again?

I don't know why Goodell gets such a bad rap, he's exactly what the NFL needs.......

Dzone
08-22-2012, 03:51 PM
DJ is in the BBQ business now.

weazel
08-22-2012, 04:00 PM
break the rules and act like general d-bags and then blame all their trouble on the commish... yawn.

NightTerror218
08-22-2012, 04:26 PM
Dj is an idiot.....I almost bed his suspension gets added too now for his DUI arrest and conviction of the lesser crime.

OrangeHoof
08-22-2012, 06:48 PM
I don't know why Goodell gets such a bad rap, he's exactly what the NFL needs.......

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/06/20/64/1641745/3/628x471.jpg

Bugs Baloney
08-22-2012, 07:35 PM
Nice going DJ, way to curry favor with the commish. :tsk:

I think now the DJ/Moreno/2nd Rnd Pick for MJD sounds like a wonderful dream. :welcome:

Please Elway get rid of this clown. He gives Denver a bad name! :salute:

FlyByU
08-23-2012, 05:43 AM
Goodell is a wimp and has destroyed the NFL and every football team under it. He makes the rules and it filters down to College and High School. I am sick of this wimp. Glad someone has the guts to stand up against this wimp. I'll be glad when they get a commissioner that actually has some balls.

Jsteve01
08-23-2012, 07:14 AM
Goodell is a wimp and has destroyed the NFL and every football team under it. He makes the rules and it filters down to College and High School. I am sick of this wimp. Glad someone has the guts to stand up against this wimp. I'll be glad when they get a commissioner that actually has some balls.lol I've never heard that evaluation of the commish

BroncoJoe
08-23-2012, 08:00 AM
The dude is just doing his job - not sure why the hatred for Goodell. What exactly has he done to "ruin" the game?

As to DJ - just another example of a person with a VERY low IQ. Kind of like getting pulled over for a ticket, then burning rubber when you're pulling away afterwards. Just stupid.

Mr. Pro Bowl
08-23-2012, 08:19 AM
Hello Bronco Joe. No one from my Pro Bowl buddies likes Goodell. Since he has arrived the Pro Bowl in Hawaii has been much less fan friendly. We actually read on the Jumbotran at Aloha stadium during practice "DO NOT ASK FOR AUTOGRAPHS". Thats when they have stands at the stadium selling white footballs and white helmets for autographs.
After practice many players just ignored this stupid statement and signed for the fans anyway.

Ravage!!!
08-23-2012, 10:20 AM
The dude is just doing his job - not sure why the hatred for Goodell. What exactly has he done to "ruin" the game?

By making it a complete joke as far as hittting. He's taking the best parts of football, and working to eliminate them. He's making football where you can't hit the QB, and have to let the WR catch the ball before hitting them. Goodell is absolutely taking what made football the most loved sport in the US, and turning it into a "pass and catch" league. Soon, we'll be watching 7 on 7. "He's just doing his job" is overlooking the fact that Goodell absolutely has made it to where he has ALLL the power. Judge, jury, and executioner. There is a reason that people like Drew Brees say that " no one trusts Goodell." Don't fall for his "hugs" at draft day.

I don't know if you read "the Hunger games"...but he reminds me of the bad dude in that book. The president (can't think of his name). Pleasant and smiling to everyone, while working to crush behind the scenes by keeping a tight hold on all the power.

BroncoJoe
08-23-2012, 10:29 AM
I get what both you and Mr. ProBowl are saying, however I think he takes far too much of the brunt of some of those decisions. I agree on the QB issue - might as well put a skirt on them - BUT this is a QB driven league and they need to protect those guys.

The other stuff? Eh. That's probably driven by the Players Association just as much as it is Goodell. Pass and catch league? Sorry to break it to you, but that's what the fans want and the driving force behind keeping the QB's protected.

Ravage!!!
08-23-2012, 10:38 AM
I get what both you and Mr. ProBowl are saying, however I think he takes far too much of the brunt of some of those decisions. I agree on the QB issue - might as well put a skirt on them - BUT this is a QB driven league and they need to protect those guys.

The other stuff? Eh. That's probably driven by the Players Association just as much as it is Goodell. Pass and catch league? Sorry to break it to you, but that's what the fans want and the driving force behind keeping the QB's protected.

The driving force to keeping the QBs protected is because those are the faces of the franchises and the most paid. I get it. But at the same time, the NFL became the most popular of ALLLLL sports because of the hitting. Keep taking it away, keep making it a pass-n-catch league, and eventually its going to catch up to the fans.

Boxing used to be one of the top sports. You know what happened to that sport (no, not MMA)....they started messing with the gloves. Trying to make the sport "safer" for the boxer. FIrst they added padding, then they changed the weight...eventually just making the sport into something people didn't want to watch.

Right now, we the fans, are still remembering and watching a game that we watched as kids because thats what we see in our heads. Eventually, as the sport gets softer and softer,.....its going to dwindle.

N ot to mention, the fact that Goodell's power is just too much.

BroncoJoe
08-23-2012, 10:44 AM
The driving force to keeping the QBs protected is because those are the faces of the franchises and the most paid. I get it. But at the same time, the NFL became the most popular of ALLLLL sports because of the hitting. Keep taking it away, keep making it a pass-n-catch league, and eventually its going to catch up to the fans.

Boxing used to be one of the top sports. You know what happened to that sport (no, not MMA)....they started messing with the gloves. Trying to make the sport "safer" for the boxer. FIrst they added padding, then they changed the weight...eventually just making the sport into something people didn't want to watch.

Right now, we the fans, are still remembering and watching a game that we watched as kids because thats what we see in our heads. Eventually, as the sport gets softer and softer,.....its going to dwindle.

N ot to mention, the fact that Goodell's power is just too much.

Can't argue your point - as a society we're becoming soft, not just in sports. It is what it is.

IMO, what ruined boxing is pay-per-view, and the kazillion weight classes and different champions. With everything you listed, a bad ass like Tyson didn't have any problems with the extra padding on the gloves.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-23-2012, 01:18 PM
All of you are COMPLETELY OUT TO LUNCH in thinking that Goodell has any real input on the rules. The Competition Committee makes the rules (a collection of owners and coaches), Goodell just enforces them. Goodell is like the Supreme Court Judge of the NFL. He presides over cases brought before the league office and makes decisions. He decides the penalties levied on players who break league rules, HE DOESN'T MAKE THE RULES!!!

Goodell is no more at fault for pussifying the game than that police officer who gave you the speeding ticket is for the posted speed limit. He didn't decide what the speed limit should be, he just enforces the rules that are put in place. Sure, he carries the party line when a microphone is in his face, he'd better, he's paid by the owners to enforce their policies and their rules.

Don't like the rules changes? Don't like the fines and suspensions handed down? Don't like the direction the NFL is going? Talk to Pat Bowlen and the other 31 owners... they are the ones making those decisions, not Goodell. You guys are seriously scapegoating this guy. Have you forgotten how the League works?

OrangeHoof
08-23-2012, 01:48 PM
FAIL. The Commish typically dictates changes and the agenda in every sport. Even if they don't officially have a vote, they are involved in setting the agenda and making sure that the things he wants have the votes to pass. Every commissioner has a group of loyalists that will carry their water for them at the owners meetings and will often lobby other owners and report back to headquarters when they have enough votes to pass at the next meeting. For example, the rule changes to reduce the number of kickoff returns, do you think the owners just think that stuff up or do you think one person is pushing them to adopt the new policy?

Chef Zambini
08-23-2012, 02:34 PM

N ot to mention, the fact that Goodell's power is just too much.the exponential poularity of the NFL is due to TWO primary factors, the NFL ticket and FANTASY football !
maintaining viewership is set on the shoulders of STARS, easily reccognizable stars by the average viewer.
those would be QBs and WR !
therefeore the rules have been modified to protect these stars and keep them healthy and on the field.
if tom brady goes down, the pats game will get half its usual viewership !
think there was any pressure on the broncos to play TEBOW?
think there wont be a constant camera on tebow while on the jets sideline witha non-stop discussion of "when will he get on the field"
think anybody outside of detroit is going to tune in to a lions game if megatron is on IR ?
the rules committee makes the rules, gooddell answers not only to the owners, but his PRIMARY responsability is to the sponsorts !
sony and budweiser and chevy want the visible household name stars to stay healthy and on the field, roger does influence the rules for consideration, and probably does have input on the rules coommittee, but he does NOT MAKE THE RULES
selective inforcement, now thats another matter.
concussions?
a serious matter, and the league should be doing more, starting with better helmets, but again the commercial relationship between riddell and the NFL is keeping that from making proper progress.
these 2 have been in bed for years and their eclusionary relationship may put them together in court !
Rogers 'pre-occupation" with player safety may be considerd "grandstanding' but given the curent environment of law suits, can you blame him?

Nomad
08-23-2012, 06:16 PM
Players suing doesn't have anything to do with the Safety Committee making the new rules?

dogfish
08-23-2012, 06:22 PM
All of you are COMPLETELY OUT TO LUNCH in thinking that Goodell has any real input on the rules. The Competition Committee makes the rules (a collection of owners and coaches), Goodell just enforces them. Goodell is like the Supreme Court Judge of the NFL. He presides over cases brought before the league office and makes decisions. He decides the penalties levied on players who break league rules, HE DOESN'T MAKE THE RULES!!!

Goodell is no more at fault for pussifying the game than that police officer who gave you the speeding ticket is for the posted speed limit. He didn't decide what the speed limit should be, he just enforces the rules that are put in place. Sure, he carries the party line when a microphone is in his face, he'd better, he's paid by the owners to enforce their policies and their rules.

Don't like the rules changes? Don't like the fines and suspensions handed down? Don't like the direction the NFL is going? Talk to Pat Bowlen and the other 31 owners... they are the ones making those decisions, not Goodell. You guys are seriously scapegoating this guy. Have you forgotten how the League works?

i think you're seriously underestimating the influence of the commish. . . it's no figurehead job-- why else is tags on the hall of fame ballot?

look at the fines goodell levied against dan snyder and jerruh jones this year-- look at the boom getting dropped on the saints. . . this guy isn't some powerless puppet. . .

BroncoJoe
08-23-2012, 06:34 PM
He can also be fired at any time by the owners.

I don't really have a problem with the fines levied, sanctions against the Saints, etc.

Chef Zambini
08-24-2012, 12:58 AM
i think you're seriously underestimating the influence of the commish. . . it's no figurehead job-- why else is tags on the hall of fame ballot?

look at the fines goodell levied against dan snyder and jerruh jones this year-- look at the boom getting dropped on the saints. . . this guy isn't some powerless puppet. . .would you rather have that marvin hamlish wannabe thats commish for MLB?
or that pompous weasel of the NBA who ironicly runs his refs and the media like the gestapho?
or maybe the peeweie herman look alike running the NHL?
I dont like the pussification of the game, but i think roger is doing the right things for the right reasons.and I think he is the best comish in all of american sport!
the PGA?
please.

dogfish
08-24-2012, 01:10 AM
I don't really have a problem with the fines levied, sanctions against the Saints, etc.

nor do i. . . i do see it as evidence that he's more than just a puppet, though. . .

Broncos Mtnman
08-24-2012, 09:58 PM
Now, if we could just get the NFL to do the same thing.