PDA

View Full Version : Broncos in Talks with MJD

iLands
08-22-2012, 03:34 AM
Incarcerated Bob ‏@incarceratedbob
**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Teams have started calling Jags about the availability of MJD so far Broncos seem the most interested #IBN

Broncos called asked about availability, nothing more right now. Sources in Broncos front office say they will be involved

Bob has been tearing it up all summer, including correcting calling where a certain Peyton Manning would be going first.

Consider this the official beginning of MJD watch.

ShaneFalco
08-22-2012, 04:05 AM
omg stop lie, i will go nuts and climb the beanstalk to heaven if this happens.

DenBronx
08-22-2012, 04:14 AM
Trade Moreno and Ball for him....heck throw in DJ.

MOtorboat
08-22-2012, 07:13 AM
Here we go with incarcerated bob again...

iLands
08-22-2012, 07:22 AM
Here we go with incarcerated bob again...

Like when he announced Manning?

Nothing is confirmed here. Elway wouldn't be doing his due diligence if he didn't at least reach out to JAX and that is all this speculates on anyway.

Jsteve01
08-22-2012, 07:28 AM
Or like when he blew the nnamdi signing not once but twice and then said Sanchez was available for a 3rd AC renowned was the new starter. Throw enough crap at the wall and something will stick.

MOtorboat
08-22-2012, 07:37 AM
Or like when he blew the nnamdi signing not once but twice and then said Sanchez was available for a 3rd AC renowned was the new starter. Throw enough crap at the wall and something will stick.

You should see the 2012 NFL Schedule he "leaked."

MOtorboat
08-22-2012, 07:41 AM
* Social media analytics site StatusPeople.com has found that as of 13 Aug 2012 77% of “Bob’s” 180,000 followers are fake, fraudulent, spam or purchased followers.** Here.* We’ve known for some time that in addition to running a fraud based wagering tout service that Bob purchases large chunks of followers, we just had no idea it was so many.

http://nfldraftmonsters.com/news/is-incarceratedbob-a-complete-fraud/

TXBRONC
08-22-2012, 07:42 AM
Like when he announced Manning?

Nothing is confirmed here. Elway wouldn't be doing his due diligence if he didn't at least reach out to JAX and that is all this speculates on anyway.

So Elway doesn't every team with a disgruntled superstar he's not doing his job?

Bugs Baloney
08-22-2012, 07:50 AM
Lance Balls for MJD straight up!! :salute:

MileHighCrew
08-22-2012, 08:22 AM
could be a great thing, or not. .. Depends the cost

topscribe
08-22-2012, 10:38 AM
Rumor has it (http://broncotalk.net/2012/08/40479/broncos-buzz/rumors/report-broncos-called-jags-about-jones-drew/) that the Broncos indeed are interested in MJD . ..

MOtorboat
08-22-2012, 10:47 AM
Rumor has it (http://broncotalk.net/2012/08/40479/broncos-buzz/rumors/report-broncos-called-jags-about-jones-drew/) that the Broncos indeed are interested in MJD . ..

Same source.

underrated29
08-22-2012, 11:03 AM
Make this thread die. Just like Bob.....Both are pathetic.

I could go on and on about how bob is waaaaaaay in the NHL too. He sucks, he is wrong, just like always.

chazoe60
08-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Vic Lombardi said on the radio this morning that his sources inside the Broncos are telling him that they are not interested unless something really crazy happens. The "crazy" happening would be if the Jags get very desperate and the Broncoa can get him for a very small price.

I trust Vic way more than this Bob fella.

Chef Zambini
08-22-2012, 11:34 AM
I would trade mcgehee and moreno for MJD ! iw ould throw in DJ too !
lame headline! they need to talk to the OWNER, not MJD !

NightTerror218
08-22-2012, 11:57 AM
I think the problem is that MJD will have to agree to a new contract. He obviously will not play on his current contract. Elway will not give him a front loaded contract and we do not know how much is left in pot....I think it would take trading over some players to free cap space such as Moreno, DJ, ect.

Ziggy
08-22-2012, 12:04 PM
I would trade mcgehee and moreno for MJD ! iw ould throw in DJ too !
lame headline! they need to talk to the OWNER, not MJD !

This isn't Madden Chef. It will take a minimum of a first round pick to get MJD. Not a running back that's in his 30's and a first round disappointment or any other problem children like DJ. The jags aren't going to take another team's trash to get rid of thier best player, if they get rid of him at all.

NightTerror218
08-22-2012, 12:13 PM
This isn't Madden Chef. It will take a minimum of a first round pick to get MJD. Not a running back that's in his 30's and a first round disappointment or any other problem children like DJ. The jags aren't going to take another team's trash to get rid of thier best player, if they get rid of him at all.

Jags may ask for a 1st rounder....does not mean they will get it. The Raiders are out of first round picks already. I would trade Moreno, 3rd rounder other camp fodder for him.

Grover
08-22-2012, 12:32 PM
I'm amazed that a dweeb named "Incarcerated Bob" can get so much attention. But after Snooki, I shouldn't be surprised at anything I guess.

I've always liked MJD, and if the agreed compensation can be worked into our cap then I think it would be great to see him in a Broncos uniform.

Dzone
08-22-2012, 12:34 PM
Why would anyone give credibility to some yahooo who calls himself incarcerated?
MJD isnt coming here

NightTerror218
08-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Why would anyone give credibility to some yahooo who calls himself incarcerated?
MJD isnt coming here

Unless the guy named manning attracts him

jhildebrand
08-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Bob sucks.

MJD, if he is traded, will not garner a 1st. RB's are too easy to find anymore. There are a lot of backs that will be cut soon. There are a lot in the draft anymore. I could see a late 2nd but most likely a 3rd or a later pick and a player.

MJD almost belongs in Denver. He was supposed to be a CU Buff. He committed but CU butchered that when they fired Barnett. Still wonder what that team would have looked like-Claussen, MJD, and a 3rd high profile player whose name escapes me right now all had commited to CU.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-22-2012, 01:25 PM
One rumor/speculation that caught my eye was from rumor man, Incarcerated Bob on twitter. Now first let me say this, he isn't always right, and is a sketchy source, but was the first to report that Manning would be a Bronco. Now back to the rumor, he goes on to tweet this.

rest - http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/8/21/3259266/report-maurice-jones-drew-on-the-trade-block-broncos-interested

@snix2104 Owners have lied before.. It happens in sports every month
View conversation

@ralph_bavaro No teams have made offers yet, just calling and letting Jags know they would be interested if they decide to start listening

**UPDATED NFL RUMORS**Source: 2more teams call about MJD (Lions & Redskins interested) Jags listening but #1 priority is 2get him "Signed"

Dzone
08-22-2012, 01:38 PM
What ever happened to Mcgahee complaining about his contract in March? If we try to sign MJD, Mcgahee will sulk, no doubt about it. Hes from the U
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20097032?source=bb

NightTerror218
08-22-2012, 01:43 PM
McGahee is the starter right now even if we get MJD. Our rushing will turn into split reps like Carolina. After season goes McGahee could lose starting roll to MJD but not instantly.

WARHORSE
08-22-2012, 01:44 PM
MJD would average over 5.5 ypc here imo.

Made to Juke Defenses would crank behind Peyton in this offense.

Made for TV.

Chef Zambini
08-22-2012, 02:10 PM
no way we keep both wilis and MJD, what you think the panthers are going to take a bag of chips for the NFL top rushert?
willis will be at check point charlie if a deal gets done!

jhildebrand
08-22-2012, 02:16 PM
This is what I like about MJD, especially knowing we have Manning back there,

DvUEgjqKLFA

The dude lays it all on the line.

Simple Jaded
08-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Jones-Drew would have to play the '12 season under his current contract for Denver to make this move. Don't get your hopes up.......

NightTerror218
08-22-2012, 02:43 PM
Jones-Drew would have to play the '12 season under his current contract for Denver to make this move. Don't get your hopes up.......

why would he "have to" play under 12' contract. I can almost guarantee that MJD wont sign with a new team without contract renegotiation. Just like the whole orton to miami thing.

topscribe
08-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Same source.
No, you went straight to NFL Draft Monsters.

I went to Bronco Talk who added their own comments to it.

Simple Jaded
08-22-2012, 03:24 PM
why would he "have to" play under 12' contract. I can almost guarantee that MJD wont sign with a new team without contract renegotiation. Just like the whole orton to miami thing.
Exactly, he will not agree to play without a new deal and Denver will not give him a new contract while he has two years remaining.

This is why Clinton Poorti$ was traded, if it's an organizational policy not to renegotiate with Poorti$ then it's an organizational policy not to renegotiate with a RB that has never played a down for Denver.

Of course Denver is exploring the trade possibility but it will only get as far as asking him the possibility of playing '12 before getting a new deal.......

sneakers
08-22-2012, 03:29 PM
I hate this twitter guy, he is about as reliable for news about the broncos as me.....

WARHORSE
08-22-2012, 03:33 PM
I heard the Broncos are in talks with MJD.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/425550-Broncos-in-Talks-with-MJD?p=1696334#post1696334

Dzone
08-22-2012, 03:46 PM
We had NO chance of signing PFM!
Who does this bob guy think he is???

chazoe60
08-22-2012, 03:48 PM
I hate this twitter guy, he is about as reliable for news about the broncos as me.....

Don't be so hard on yourself, you were the one that broke the Osweiler knee injury story.

Poet
08-22-2012, 03:53 PM
The Broncos would be the best team on paper with MJD. I almost want it to happen.

MOtorboat
08-22-2012, 04:36 PM
No, you went straight to NFL Draft Monsters.

I went to Bronco Talk who added their own comments to it.

Still the same source: Incarcerated Bob.

EMB6903
08-22-2012, 06:47 PM
Ha. You know how many stories incarcerated bob has missed on?

This wanna be poser is not to be taken seriously.

Nash to the raptors?

Deron Williams to Dallas?

Howard to nets?

Bob guaranteed it.

jhildebrand
08-22-2012, 07:09 PM
Title is misleading. How could broncos be in talks with MJD. That would be tampering. Broncos talking to Jax would be different.

chaoticmayhem
08-22-2012, 07:23 PM
The only way the Jags let MJD go is if something so ridiculous is offered they wouldn't be able to turn it down. That ain't going to happen. MJD is good but he isn't "gamble your franchises future" good. Although, if we can somehow package Moreno in a deal...any deal...to anyone...I would be all for it.

Poet
08-22-2012, 07:28 PM
I dunno, a guy who has been one of the best backs in football since he got into the league is special. He blocks well and is a good pass catcher. Is he worth a first round pick? Yeah. The question is what else is he worth? I don't think many team would call giving up a first and a fourth for him a bad call. Multiple firsts? No. First and a second? Only if one of those picks were swapped.

Cugel
08-22-2012, 07:35 PM
Vic Lombardi said on the radio this morning that his sources inside the Broncos are telling him that they are not interested unless something really crazy happens. The "crazy" happening would be if the Jags get very desperate and the Broncos can get him for a very small price.

I trust Vic way more than this Bob fella.

The Jags aren't at all desperate. :coffee:

They can get a #1 pick for MJD. And that would be better than MJD. (Costs less for one thing, and Khan is a tightwad).

If I had to guess a team at random that would over-pay for MJD it might be Dallas or Washington. Dan Snyder is notorious for signing big name FAs at enormous cost.

And Jerry Jones has a colossal ego that needs constant attention. He might think that MJD is the key to surpassing the Giants and Eagles in the NFC East.

There are plenty of other teams but those two come immediately to mind.

(Yes, I know Dallas has DeMarco Murray, a promising 2nd year RB, but he's no MJD).

CrazyHorse
08-22-2012, 07:37 PM
A First plus Moreno/McGahee/Ball? Easily worth it. Our team is built to win now.

Bugs Baloney
08-22-2012, 07:40 PM
the more i think about this possibility the more it makes me blush with teenage puppy love :shocked:

i want me some Lombardi. Get It Done Elway! :salute:

Cugel
08-22-2012, 07:45 PM
Exactly, he will not agree to play without a new deal and Denver will not give him a new contract while he has two years remaining.

This is why Clinton Poorti$ was traded, if it's an organizational policy not to renegotiate with Poorti$ then it's an organizational policy not to renegotiate with a RB that has never played a down for Denver.

Of course Denver is exploring the trade possibility but it will only get as far as asking him the possibility of playing '12 before getting a new deal.......

This is complete nonsense. That policy only applies to DENVER players playing out their contracts in Denver!

It does NOT apply to players acquired in a trade, or FAs.

Denver re-negotiates contracts with players acquired from OTHER teams all the time!

In fact it's completely customary for teams to negotiate a new contract with any newly acquired player if they want to keep him around for a while. They might not do this for a one-year rental like Keith Brooking, but if they want a guy for 4 or 5 years and especially if they traded for him and want to lock him up, then they re-negotiate a new deal.

IF the Broncos traded for MJD they would negotiate a contract with him before the deal with the Jaguars became final.

Under NO circumstances would they trade a high round draft pick for a player, and then have only 2 years left on that players's contract! Plus, MJD would NOT approve the trade.

I.E. he would not report to Dove Valley. Not without a new contract. Period. :coffee:

Bugs Baloney
08-22-2012, 07:47 PM
A First plus Moreno/McGahee/Ball? Easily worth it. Our team is built to win now.

even a 2nd with DJ and Moreno would be dreamy!

Cugel
08-22-2012, 07:58 PM
The only way the Jags let MJD go is if something so ridiculous is offered they wouldn't be able to turn it down. That ain't going to happen. MJD is good but he isn't "gamble your franchises future" good. Although, if we can somehow package Moreno in a deal...any deal...to anyone...I would be all for it.

This is probably right. All the media has reported is that the Jaguars are "listening to offers" and that IF "a great offer" came along, owner Khan "wouldn't oppose it."

They are going to demand some ridiculous price like 2 #1 draft picks or the equivalent in players.

What makes ANYBODY think Khan WANTS a deal? He wants to humiliate and rub MJD's face in the dirt and make him crawl back.

He wants to lose 12 or 13 games and be able to say to the league "I can't make a go of this team in Jacksonville. I need to move the franchise to LA" (where the league wants to expand anyway, and where Khan's franchise would immediately be worth about $100 million more than it is in Jacksonville, the "Redneck Riviera.") :coffee:

Did the Lions take a deal to let Barry Sanders go to another team when he threatened to retire? They could have gotten something for him, but their pride was involved.

Did the Bengals want to let Carson Palmer go? NO! It's only because the stupid Raiders met their insane demands for 2 1st round picks that they reluctantly traded Palmer.

Khan is going to insist on the same thing with MJD. I'll be shocked if they just make a deal for whatever they can get (maybe a 2nd round pick and a starting player, etc.).

Denver Native (Carol)
08-22-2012, 08:22 PM
from article:

"I think things are going to work out ... everything's going to be good," Jones-Drew told NFL.com's Marcas Grant during a DirecTV-sponsored video teleconference.

full article - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000053121/article/maurice-jonesdrew-things-are-going-to-work-out?module=HP11_headline_stack

Bugs Baloney
08-22-2012, 09:18 PM
MJD "wants" to come to Denver because he "wants" to win a shiny ring! ;)

Simple Jaded
08-22-2012, 09:19 PM
This is complete nonsense. That policy only applies to DENVER players playing out their contracts in Denver!

It does NOT apply to players acquired in a trade, or FAs.

Denver re-negotiates contracts with players acquired from OTHER teams all the time!

In fact it's completely customary for teams to negotiate a new contract with any newly acquired player if they want to keep him around for a while. They might not do this for a one-year rental like Keith Brooking, but if they want a guy for 4 or 5 years and especially if they traded for him and want to lock him up, then they re-negotiate a new deal.

IF the Broncos traded for MJD they would negotiate a contract with him before the deal with the Jaguars became final.

Under NO circumstances would they trade a high round draft pick for a player, and then have only 2 years left on that players's contract! Plus, MJD would NOT approve the trade.

I.E. he would not report to Dove Valley. Not without a new contract. Period. :coffee:Wait, you're saying Denver would reward a player that has never played a down for the Denver Broncos in a way that they refused to reward Poorti$, Davis, Sharpe, Elway?

Name one player they have done this for.......

Mannway187
08-23-2012, 09:15 AM
Why hasn't anybody mentioned the obvious?

MJD loved playing for JDR in Jacksonville because he truly is a "players coach".

Players just seem to work a little harder for a coach like JDR and even though he isn't the HMFIC here the two of them still have that player/coach bond.

JDR drafted him, believed in him, and gave him his first taste of the NFL pie. And their new owner, Kahn doesn't know jack about the game of football.

He's the reason Timmy chose the Jets.

A guy like MJD doesn't want to play for a guy that doesn't recognize how hard he has worked to get where he is. Some owners just don't get it which is why they'll never be champions.

It (MJD becoming a Bronco) probably won't happen, but it would be a great move for the Broncos if it did.

Besides isn't that where MCGahee started his carreer? He played there until they drafted MJD.

So yeah, if he came to Denver Willis would likely get all butt hurt again and want out of here too.

So send Willis, DJ and Hainie to the Jags for Jones Drew and a future 7th rounder. They get 2 starters and a fine backup QB which they'll need real soon anyway.

Win Win deal.

Dzone
08-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Good point about JDR.

Ravage!!!
08-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Wait, you're saying Denver would reward a player that has never played a down for the Denver Broncos in a way that they refused to reward Poorti$, Davis, Sharpe, Elway?

Name one player they have done this for.......

No. But at the same time, they dumped Portis because the Broncos are the one that drafted him, took a chance on him, and put him on the field. For him to expect us to renegotiate his contract with 2 years left, wasn't something we were going to do.

However, MJD is being traded like Portis was. In this case, we would be the Washington Redskins of the deal. MJD doesn't have a contract with us, thus, its not like we are "rewarding" anything. We would be simply trading for a player that is leaving another team. His contract disputes are with them, not us. I don't think the fact that MJD has two years left on his contract with the Jags would be a consideration on our part, whatsoever. The part that would be OUR concern would obviously be the amount of money that would be necessary to sign MJD.

I do know that there is NO WAY anyone is going to demand two 1st round picks for a RB and expect to get it. Especially for a RB that has some heavy tread on the tires, and an injury history.

I also feel this deal is NOT going to happen. MJD really has absolutely NO upper hand on his bargaining chip.

CrazyHorse
08-23-2012, 10:19 AM
Why hasn't anybody mentioned the obvious?

MJD loved playing for JDR in Jacksonville because he truly is a "players coach".

Players just seem to work a little harder for a coach like JDR and even though he isn't the HMFIC here the two of them still have that player/coach bond.

JDR drafted him, believed in him, and gave him his first taste of the NFL pie. And their new owner, Kahn doesn't know jack about the game of football.

He's the reason Timmy chose the Jets.

A guy like MJD doesn't want to play for a guy that doesn't recognize how hard he has worked to get where he is. Some owners just don't get it which is why they'll never be champions.

It (MJD becoming a Bronco) probably won't happen, but it would be a great move for the Broncos if it did.

Besides isn't that where MCGahee started his carreer? He played there until they drafted MJD.

So yeah, if he came to Denver Willis would likely get all butt hurt again and want out of here too.

So send Willis, DJ and Hainie to the Jags for Jones Drew and a future 7th rounder. They get 2 starters and a fine backup QB which they'll need real soon anyway.

Win Win deal.

Willis McGahee was drafted by Buffalo.

Mannway187
08-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Willis McGahee was drafted by Buffalo.

I stand corrected, thank you. Now that reminds me of Travis Henry who is looking for a team again.

Damn, I'm probably pregnant now because I said his name.

hotcarl
08-23-2012, 01:28 PM
I stand corrected, thank you. Now that reminds me of Travis Henry who is looking for a team again.

Damn, I'm probably pregnant now because I said his name.

crab off

DenBronx
08-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Taking a look at the possible MJD destinations

Posted by Mike Florio on August 23, 2012, 3:28 PM EDT

So with Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew open to the possibility of being traded (i.e., he wants out) and with the Jaguars not yet slamming the door publicly on the possibility (i.e., make us an offer), who could be or should be or would be interested?

READ FULL ARTICLE AND TO VIEW VIDEO CLICK HERE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/23/taking-a-look-at-the-teams-that-may-want-mjd/

rationalfan
08-23-2012, 05:07 PM
don't get me wrong, i'd be pleased to see MJD in denver. but if i'm the jaguars and i'm offered some of these proposed trades dreamed up in this thread i'm laughing as i hang up the phone.

Simple Jaded
08-24-2012, 12:22 AM
I can't think of a single player the Broncos have done this for. They have, however, said many times that this is against their policy, and not once have they ever said this policy does not apply to players that have never done a damn thing for this franchise. Think of the message that sends your players.

If I'm wrong, name one player.......

Chef Zambini
08-24-2012, 12:48 AM
I can't think of a single player the Broncos have done this for. They have, however, said many times that this is against their policy, and not once have they ever said this policy does not apply to players that have never done a damn thing for this franchise. Think of the message that sends your players.

If I'm wrong, name one player.......you are right, but you are also wrong. they tore up TDs rookie contract.
they told portis, no, we refuse to re-do your contract. then welcomed in champ with open arms and gave him the richest contract ever , at the time, for a defensive player !
it tells players, loyalty gets you squat and cheats you out of millions, thats what it tells them and thats the message their AGENTS have printed on their carpets and drapes and tatoos on the asses of their wives !

Poet
08-24-2012, 01:18 AM
Chef, your posts make me sad.

Ravage!!!
08-24-2012, 10:06 AM

If I'm wrong, name one player.......

I'm confused. Why would "who have they done this in the past for".... have anything to do with it? How many top RBs with 2 years on their contract come into play for trade? Thats like saying "Denver won't sign Manning because they've never signed a top passing QB via free agency before."

Its been against most team's policies to resign a player with 2 years left. But players get signed. I just don't see how not signing a player that YOU have under contract for two years has anything to do with trading for a player.

silkamilkamonico
08-24-2012, 12:03 PM
Say no to the guy.

Will cost too much to get.
Will cost too much to keep.
Will prevent Denver from signing impact players in the furture and much more impactful positions.

shank
08-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Say no to the guy.

Will cost too much to get.
Will cost too much to keep.
Will prevent Denver from signing impact players in the furture and much more impactful positions.
i say hold off as well. give the team and peyton a year to gel and draft a back high next year along with some other weapons. i don't think peyton's window is so small that we need to panic.

chazoe60
08-24-2012, 12:15 PM
i say hold off as well. give the team and peyton a year to gel and draft a back high next year along with some other weapons. i don't think peyton's window is so small that we need to panic.

Monte Ball. That dude is gonna be a stud NFL RB.

silkamilkamonico
08-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Marcus Lattimore! That dude is going to be elite.

jhildebrand
08-24-2012, 01:38 PM
Hold off. There will be plenty of RB's, some with big names, come roster trimming season.

Unless Elway can become Belicheat and get these guys to buy in at discounts to be winners.

Mannway187
08-24-2012, 03:28 PM
[QUOTE=Ravage!!!;1697733] "Denver won't sign Manning because they've never signed a top passing QB via free agency before."QUOTE]

Hold the phone!!!! You mean he's not really here? Oh, we're really screwed now. Who the hell is going to play QB? Any chance we can get Timmy one hop Tebow back? Maybe then we'd have a chance to sign a big time RB like MJD.

underrated29
08-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Monte Ball. That dude is gonna be a stud NFL RB.

Marcus Lattimore! That dude is going to be elite.

:behindsofa:

Knowshon Moreno! This system is perfect for him.

Nomad
08-24-2012, 05:06 PM
In Elway I will trust......whatever he decides.

Simple Jaded
08-24-2012, 07:46 PM
I'm confused. Why would "who have they done this in the past for".... have anything to do with it? How many top RBs with 2 years on their contract come into play for trade? Thats like saying "Denver won't sign Manning because they've never signed a top passing QB via free agency before."

Its been against most team's policies to resign a player with 2 years left. But players get signed. I just don't see how not signing a player that YOU have under contract for two years has anything to do with trading for a player.
It has everything to do with the fact they do not renegotiate with players who have two/more years left on their contract, whether they trade for said player or whether he's already on the team. They just don't do it, l feel confident in saying that they don't do it because they have literally said "we don't do it!".

Cugel said they do it all the time, it's entirely possible that I'm wrong but I can't think of a single example. Imo, if Denver trades for MjD one of two things will have to happen; either the Broncos will change their policy, or MJD will play the '12 season under his current terms.......

BronColt
08-24-2012, 08:54 PM

Gonna be tough to find a RB with the 32nd pick.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-25-2012, 04:41 PM
There’s been considerable chatter, but zero reports, that the Broncos would be a possible destination for Maurice Jones-Drew if the Jacksonville running back were put on the trading block. The speculation no doubt has something to do with the fact Jones-Drew’s former coach in Jacksonville, Jack Del Rio, is now the Broncos’ defensive coordinator.

At this point, the Broncos would not be in play. They like the potential crash-n-dash tailback tandem they have in Willis McGahee and Ronnie Hillman, provided Hillman can get his nagging hamstring healed. Together, McGahee and Hillman will make $3.08 million this year. Jones-Drew is protesting his contract that pays him a $4.45 million this year.

Baltimore just gave Ray Rice a contract extension that pays him $17 million this year and $25 million in the next two years so Jones-Drew has the right to feel slighted. But it would be difficult for the Broncos to satisfy him.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/08/24/satisfied-backs-broncos-pursue-jonesdrew/15022/

Tned
08-25-2012, 07:13 PM
Take it with a HUGE grain of salt. May people consider him completely unreliable. Anyway, @incarceratedBob on Twitter claims that the source that told him that the Broncos would be signing Manning 48 hours before the media had it, has now told him that Elway is pushing hard to get MJD.

underrated29
08-25-2012, 07:21 PM
Take it with a HUGE grain of salt. May people consider him completely unreliable. Anyway, @incarceratedBob on Twitter claims that the source that told him that the Broncos would be signing Manning 48 hours before the media had it, has now told him that Elway is pushing hard to get MJD.

This is like asking me to taste the man juice........not gonna happen

Tned
08-25-2012, 07:28 PM
This is like asking me to taste the man juice........not gonna happen

I report, you decide...

iLands
08-25-2012, 07:43 PM
I can't say I really care either way. If it happens, I know we won't overpay (in picks) so I'm not too concerned in that regard.

Benetto
08-26-2012, 12:10 AM
Bob reminds me of a friend a had. He would ask 30 girls out, then finally one would say yes.

I followed Bob a few times with his betting lines and stuff...He's right about some, but a guy who is so into gambling...You can't trust with BS "sources". I can guess the Broncos too...Del Rio, Fox is a run happy coach, Broncos are a RB away from a title, Playing behind Manning, etc...Like someone said earlier, throw enough shit at the wall, and something will stick...

I'll be satisfied when it's official. Nice thought though.

Simple Jaded
08-26-2012, 01:37 AM
See if they'll throw in a DT too, maybe an OT.......

TXBRONC
08-26-2012, 08:08 AM

IIRC Spano said Denver was going to sign Manning a least a week or two before it actually happened.

Superchop 7
08-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Its plausible.....Elway knows the value of a RB.....probably will come down to dollars and sense.

DenBronx
08-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Report: No trade for Jones-Drew

Jacksonville Jaguars general manager Gene Smith told the Florida Times-Union on Wednesday that he has no intentions of trading holdout running back Maurice Jones-Drew.

"Maurice is a Jaguar," Smith told the newspaper before the team's annual Kickoff Luncheon.

Asked if he'd consider dealing the 2011 NFL rushing leader, Smith said, "No."

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8315218/jacksonville-jaguars-no-plans-deal-maurice-jones-drew-says-report

Pudge
08-31-2012, 08:20 PM
The owner of the bengals also said he would make Carson Palmer retire before he traded him then someone desperate enough came in and offered the right price. I would almost guarantee MJD won't be a bronco, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him dealt