PDA

View Full Version : What's up with that new running back we drafted?

sneakers
08-21-2012, 05:27 AM
I have no idea what his name is, has he played at all this preseason? I thought he was going to be our Kick Returner?

chazoe60
08-21-2012, 07:01 AM
It's Ronnie Hillman, Sneak, and he's had nagging injuries all preseason. My understanding is that he's been practicing and we might see him Sunday.

Dzone
08-21-2012, 09:37 AM
Whats going to happen if Mcgahee goes down? So far Hillman appears to have inherited Morenos hamstrings. Ball and JJ are average at best and X is with his 6th team. Maybe we should have made a play for Benson

sneakers
08-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Whats going to happen if Mcgahee goes down? So far Hillman appears to have inherited Morenos hamstrings. Ball and JJ are average at best and X is with his 6th team. Maybe we should have made a play for Benson

Sign Clinton Portis....duh!

Denver Native (Carol)
08-21-2012, 07:25 PM
For the moment, Ronnie Hillman is a man alone.

The Broncos' youngest player — he's only 20 — has yet to appear in a preseason game because of a hamstring injury. For a guy with quick feet, sure hands and plenty of expectations, it means his rookie progress report doesn't read the way he wants it to.

"Not at all. I'm tired of working off to the side," Hillman said. "I want to get in a game. Honestly, I hate doing all that rehab. I want to be out there doing whatever they want me to do, whatever they believe I can do. Once that happens, I'll be good. I'll feel a little better. But I want to contribute, and you can't really do that inside (the trainer's room)."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21358797/rookie-tailback-ronnie-hillman-hurry-make-his-move

BronColt
08-21-2012, 07:46 PM
MJD just hit the market. We have the cap space?

smith49
08-21-2012, 08:30 PM
MJD just hit the market. We have the cap space?

Seriously??

Simple Jaded
08-21-2012, 08:50 PM
Seriously??

He wants to be traded and it's not a move that Denver is likely to make. They would have to renegotiate his current deal but that is not something Denver would ever entertain. They have a policy of not renegotiating with a player who has more than one year left on his contract.

They made Elway wait, they made TD wait, they would want Jones-Drew to wait. Unless they could get MJD to play out the '12 season this is not an option for Denver, imo.......

LTC Pain
08-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Misinformation to the max. MJD is under contract with the Jags. The Jags owner said "no trade". He is not "on the market".

Traveler
08-21-2012, 09:43 PM

We'll have to wait till next year and draft Knile Davis in round two. Davis would be the big back(with speed) to eventually replace McGahee.

Simple Jaded
08-21-2012, 10:07 PM
We'll have to wait till next year and draft Knile Davis in round two. Davis would be the big back(with speed) to eventually replace McGahee.

Careful what you wish for. I like Davis too, well worth a 2nd rnd pick, but he has ankle issues from what I understand. Three ankle fractures in 4 years.......

SmilinAssasSin27
08-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Marcus Lattimore

Montee Ball

Knile Davis

Joseph Randle

Andre Ellington

Giovani Bernard

Eddie Lacy

Ray Graham

Cierre Wood

...these would be our options.

dogfish
08-21-2012, 11:40 PM
yup. . . there's little question in my mind that the backfield is still far from a strength on this roster. . . we're gonna need to draft another back next year-- preferably another in the top three rounds. . .

Traveler
08-22-2012, 03:43 AM
Careful what you wish for. I like Davis too, well worth a 2nd rnd pick, but he has ankle issues from what I understand. Three ankle fractures in 4 years.......

Which should make him even more attractive to the team. They seem to like players that are recovering from some type of injury, ie, Irving, Bolden.

ShaneFalco
08-22-2012, 03:59 AM
i would go nuts if we got MJD

Chef Zambini
08-22-2012, 11:21 AM
He wants to be traded and it's not a move that Denver is likely to make. They would have to renegotiate his current deal but that is not something Denver would ever entertain. They have a policy of not renegotiating with a player who has more than one year left on his contract.

They made Elway wait, they made TD wait, they would want Jones-Drew to wait. Unless they could get MJD to play out the '12 season this is not an option for Denver, imo.......they did not make champ wait! shanny dumped portis because he wanterd to renegotiate, then signed champ to a new deal.
old news...
MJD has asked for a trade, that does not mean he will get one! nor has he specified a new contract as part of the deal ! he just wants out !
the owner disrespected him, he might go to another team on the same contract,but...
thats ONLY if the OWNER likes any deal being offered!
the OWNER is in control!
what would we have to trade to get MJD?
likely mcgehee and hillman BOTH !

dogfish
08-22-2012, 01:01 PM
hey zam, you think MJD can play safety?

BroncoNut
08-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Misinformation to the max. MJD is under contract with the Jags. The Jags owner said "no trade". He is not "on the market".

Everything is for sale.

Chef Zambini
08-22-2012, 01:14 PM
everything has a price.
a subtle distinction.

BroncoNut
08-22-2012, 01:16 PM
everything has a price.
a subtle distinction.

that's right Zam.

Chef Zambini
08-22-2012, 02:08 PM
i really like willis, but i would trade for the pocket rocket in a heart beat !

Simple Jaded
08-22-2012, 04:13 PM
i really like willis, but i would trade for the pocket rocket in a heart beat !

Pocket Rocket? Isn't that a dildo? You're thinking of Pocket Hercules, a not so subtle distinction.......

Dzone
08-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Hillman is a 3rd round draft choice who pulls a labia every time he breaks huddle. A Pocket Hercules he is not

Jsteve01
08-22-2012, 08:31 PM
Hillman is a 3rd round draft choice who pulls a labia every time he breaks huddle. A Pocket Hercules he is not excellent analysis. Other than the fact that tat until training camp the kid has never had injury issues.