PDA

View Full Version : Ty Warren

Ziggy
08-20-2012, 08:31 PM
This guy has been a huge reason for the success of Denver's starting defense through the first two games. He's taking on double teams on nearly every play and holding the point of attack or better. He's making everyone around him look good while he quietly does the dirty work in the middle. If you've been watching Wolfe, Unrein, and Vickerson while they're playing the other tackle, then you've probably noticed that they're nearly always being blocked by just one lineman. Warren has looked great so far. He'll make a big impact if he can stay healthy this season. Him and big Vick clogging that middle on running downs almost makes up for the complete failure that is our middle linebacker.

The starting defensive line have all looked good early on. Doom was using and abusing Okung. Wolfe is dominating his guys both inside and outside. Vick was bull dozer in the first game, constantly collapsing the pocket, and Unrein looked good himself Saturday night. With the huge improvements in the defensive line and secondary, we're just a couple of players away from having a dominating defense.

nevcraw
08-20-2012, 08:43 PM
agreed although they need to shore up the running D. got a bit gouged in the last game..

Ziggy
08-20-2012, 08:54 PM
The first team defense allowed 76 yards rushing, but some of the starters when out after the first period. They also only gave up 27 passing yards. They also only gave up 9 points despite the offense turning the ball over 3 times. They dominated the Pigeons starters.

MOtorboat
08-20-2012, 08:55 PM
The first team defense allowed 76 yards rushing, but some of the starters when out after the first period. They also only gave up 27 passing yards.

You won't lose a lot of games giving up 200 yards...

spikerman
08-21-2012, 05:31 AM
The first team defense allowed 76 yards rushing, but some of the starters when out after the first period. They also only gave up 27 passing yards. They also only gave up 9 points despite the offense turning the ball over 3 times. They dominated the Pigeons starters.

I haven't gotten to watch the game yet, but are you saying that the 1st team defense gave up 76 rushing yards in the first period? If so, that's, um, not good.

TXBRONC
08-21-2012, 09:50 AM
I haven't gotten to watch the game yet, but are you saying that the 1st team defense gave up 76 rushing yards in the first period? If so, that's, um, not good.

I think that is all they gave up the entire time they were in. To me the more promising thing that happened was them giving up only 9 points while dealing with three turnovers by the offense.

underrated29
08-21-2012, 10:11 AM
I think the starters (aside from miller and doom) played until near halftime. Also the ball was gifted to them inside our 30 yard line I believe, by ball.

Ziggy
08-21-2012, 11:48 AM

They played the first half. The second period was without some of the starters, as well as Vickerson, Trevathan, and Porter being out completely. Yes, they gave up 76 yards in the first half. They also gave up 27 passing yards in the first half. 103 yards total. They gave up a total of 9 points, despite the fact that Seattle started drives in Denver territory twice. That kind of defense will win just about any game that they play.

broncofaninfla
08-21-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm feeling MUCH better about our Defensive line then in years past and this is with a very vanilla pre-season scheme. Despite what Seattle did this past weekend I feel good about our starters and depth.

PatriotsGuy
08-21-2012, 12:22 PM
I always liked Ty

NightTerror218
08-21-2012, 12:31 PM
so far a beast.......better be teaching up my boy wolfe some moves.

DenBronx
08-21-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm more impressed with Wolfe at this point.

blamkin86
08-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Doom was using and abusing Okung.

...and how many holding calls did the Refs miss on that matchup? Like 3 the first series alone!

The first team defense allowed 76 yards rushing, but some of the starters when out after the first period.

See above.