PDA

View Full Version : game thoughts

Superchop 7
08-19-2012, 12:25 PM
Post your thoughts on the game.....my concern is depth......one first down in the second half is abysmal.

MOtorboat
08-19-2012, 12:26 PM
I thought Eddie Mac looked very svelte.

Ravage!!!
08-19-2012, 12:29 PM
I don't take pre-season games seriously at all. We've seen teams go great and "undefeated" in pre-season only to end the regular season with 2 wins. We've seen teams that have lost every pre-season game to go on and win the Super Bowl. It just doesn't really matter, and I don't believe we can see much based on these games.

silkamilkamonico
08-19-2012, 12:40 PM
Considering there has never been a SuperBowl champion go undefeated in the preseason, I think we're in good hands. I was more nervous last week when we blew out Chicago.

Superchop 7
08-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Manning has historically been poor in the preseason.....you can see him working through the rust. The line play was very intense. Brock looked panicky which is not a good sign.....Wilson looked like Seattles future starter. Whereas Chicago was as vanilla as it gets.....Pete Carroll wanted this one....

FlyByU
08-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Was Manning's Int's from his doing or were they tips by the WR's?

topscribe
08-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Was Manning's Int's from his doing or were they tips by the WR's?
The second INT was all Manning. I still have no idea what happened there, but he airmailed it.

The first one was batted down (well, up) by a defensive lineman, whom Beadles was blocking.
Beadles was doing a good job of keeping the guy away from Manning, but he should be taught
to punch in the gut to keep the defender from leaping up to swipe at the pass. IMO, that one
was all on Beadles. It otherwise would have been a TD pass.

underrated29
08-19-2012, 02:21 PM
Considering there has never been a SuperBowl champion go undefeated in the preseason, I think we're in good hands. I was more nervous last week when we blew out Chicago.

Actually i thought the 72 dolphins won preseason and went undefeated.

Chef Zambini
08-19-2012, 02:33 PM
pre-season is not about the score, but it is about performance.
depth is a top tier consideration in the pre-season, so is special teams.

Simple Jaded
08-19-2012, 03:15 PM
Denver's OL depth is garbage, time to call Gurode and McNeill/Otah, imo. Ramirez is no Chris Kuper but even with him in there Walton and Beadles are joined at the hip, together they make a halfway decent backup. I'm not so sure that right off the street Gurode couldn't replace either of them. It laughable that these two were drafted to play in a power running game.

Ayers looked good in flashes, nice quickness off the snap, l like that we get to see him on the right side. I'd like to see Wolfe, Vickerson, Warren and Ayers on run downs. Still think the Broncos are running a 4-3 with 34 personnel.

The running game showed well against a very tough run D, was very pleased to see the commitment to the run on McGahee's TD drive.

Manning is still off a bit and was grippin hard but he nutted up and Denver was able to put together some clutch drives. Aside from the Int I was very impressed with how much stank he was putting on the ball. He's clearly still got Top10 arm talent and still improving, imo. He has to get better though, that TD pass that Tamme dropped was a bad throw, imo, it looked a bit early, not far enough in front of Tamme and had way too much stank on it. Maybe Tamme was just supposed to sit or curl, considering there was a defender outside of Tamme, but it looked like Manning was a bit off.

Dumervil was filthy, Miller.......not so much. Ty Warren, not so much. Mays misses as often as he hits. Gabriel Bush is a good player, as is Tony Carter. Gonna be interesting at S and CB for final 53 but I would still make a run at William Moore if he's available next year. The depth at LB is as bad as I've can remember, I am really hoping some veteran help is available after cuts and my guess is LB, OL and DT will see impact improvements next offseason.

Irvin is much improved imo, I might start him over Woodyard if he is healthy. Malik Jackson is quick off the snap, should be a nice addition.

Osweiler's arm strength is overrated and his mechanics still break down. Russell Wilson is a far better player at this point, dude is 4" from rivaling RGlll for the 2nd best QB in the draft, imo. If I were drafting for a backup I would have taken him over Osweiler. Osweiler is playing behind a great example of the kind of player he going to have to be, he's going to have to develope better QB skills because I don't see any overwhelming physical skills. He's more Rivers and Matt Ryan than Matthew Stafford and Joe Flacco

Ball and Johnson are scrubs and I don't see why the 3rd RB has to be a STer, the Broncos are screwed at RB if McGahee goes down.

The Broncos have put together the foundation of a balanced team, offense, defense and ST's, but they really need to stay healthy.......

Jsteve01
08-19-2012, 04:30 PM
Denver's OL depth is garbage, time to call Gurode and McNeill/Otah, imo. Ramirez is no Chris Kuper but even with him in there Walton and Beadles are joined at the hip, together they make a halfway decent backup. I'm not so sure that right off the street Gurode couldn't replace either of them. It laughable that these two were drafted to play in a power running game.

Ayers looked good in flashes, nice quickness off the snap, l like that we get to see him on the right side. I'd like to see Wolfe, Vickerson, Warren and Ayers on run downs. Still think the Broncos are running a 4-3 with 34 personnel.

The running game showed well against a very tough run D, was very pleased to see the commitment to the run on McGahee's TD drive.

Manning is still off a bit and was grippin hard but he nutted up and Denver was able to put together some clutch drives. Aside from the Int I was very impressed with how much stank he was putting on the ball. He's clearly still got Top10 arm talent and still improving, imo. He has to get better though, that TD pass that Tamme dropped was a bad throw, imo, it looked a bit early, not far enough in front of Tamme and had way too much stank on it. Maybe Tamme was just supposed to sit or curl, considering there was a defender outside of Tamme, but it looked like Manning was a bit off.

Dumervil was filthy, Miller.......not so much. Ty Warren, not so much. Mays misses as often as he hits. Gabriel Bush is a good player, as is Tony Carter. Gonna be interesting at S and CB for final 53 but I would still make a run at William Moore if he's available next year. The depth at LB is as bad as I've can remember, I am really hoping some veteran help is available after cuts and my guess is LB, OL and DT will see impact improvements next offseason.

Irvin is much improved imo, I might start him over Woodyard if he is healthy. Malik Jackson is quick off the snap, should be a nice addition.

Osweiler's arm strength is overrated and his mechanics still break down. Russell Wilson is a far better player at this point, dude is 4" from rivaling RGlll for the 2nd best QB in the draft, imo. If I were drafting for a backup I would have taken him over Osweiler. Osweiler is playing behind a great example of the kind of player he going to have to be, he's going to have to develope better QB skills because I don't see any overwhelming physical skills. He's more Rivers and Matt Ryan than Matthew Stafford and Joe Flacco

Ball and Johnson are scrubs and I don't see why the 3rd RB has to be a STer, the Broncos are screwed at RB if McGahee goes down.

The Broncos have put together the foundation of a balanced team, offense, defense and ST's, but they really need to stay healthy.......

lots of words. I respect you brothers that put the effort in. I also agree wholeheartedly with much of what you had to say. You softening on Wilson now or do you still think he'll just be a career back up. I'm telling you this kid has it all. Arm, feet, vision, intelligence, leadership and all the intangibles you could want. He just happens to be 5'11". Of all the qbs on Gruden's show this year, he impressed me the most and it wasn't even close.

Jsteve01
08-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Now, to the game. I agree with everyone that has said that Beadles and Walton are zone blockers. They both look decent when we run zone. I like Jaded am amazed that either of them were drafted to run man, power schemes. Our o line depth becomes a major concern if you factor in three starters on the interior who should be back ups.

WR: I think this position has the most depth of any on the team. The problem is that I'm still not certain that any of them are classic number ones at this point dT may end up being that guy if he polishes his routes and stays healthy.

RB: Hillman's injury continues to concern me because JJ hasn't made the strides I'd hoped to see this year. I keep hearing people say that Omon is another Mcgahee type, but I fail to see that as a problem with Hillman/Moreno on the team. Ball should be gone. Omon has much more upside and even though he only had one catch last night I like the idea of a thunder, thunder lightning rotation. I would love to see them punish opposing linebackers throughout the course of the season. I still remember the Okoye/Word tandem as one that always scared opponents (other than atwater and smith).

TE: Should be a strength on this team. Thomas really hurt himself by delaying his surgery. I wish he'd done it right after the season. Ingram is an injury waiting to happen so I doubt he pushes Thomas off the team but I'm disappointed in what I see to be regression. He really looks to have lost confidence.

QB: Peyton will be fine. After that I'm not so sure. I think Brock has more upside than Wilson but I'll tell you what. At this point there is no comparision between the two. Part of that is a lack of depth on the line but part is just brock being inexperienced.

I'll adress the defense later. Daughter wants me to play guitar for her lol

Simple Jaded
08-19-2012, 05:46 PM
lots of words. I respect you brothers that put the effort in. I also agree wholeheartedly with much of what you had to say. You softening on Wilson now or do you still think he'll just be a career back up. I'm telling you this kid has it all. Arm, feet, vision, intelligence, leadership and all the intangibles you could want. He just happens to be 5'11". Of all the qbs on Gruden's show this year, he impressed me the most and it wasn't even close.Not softening at all, I haven't been big on him as a starter but only because of his height. He has it all but his height will always be an obstacle as a starter, imo.......

Ziggy
08-19-2012, 06:53 PM
The second INT was all Manning. I still have no idea what happened there, but he airmailed it.

The first one was batted down (well, up) by a defensive lineman, whom Beadles was blocking.
Beadles was doing a good job of keeping the guy away from Manning, but he should be taught
to punch in the gut to keep the defender from leaping up to swipe at the pass. IMO, that one

Watch it again. Beadles and Walton were both blocking the same Dlineman. Even more of an excuse not to let him get up in the air. As soon as he was double teamed he took a step back and created space. Walton and Beadles didn't keep thier mits on him. Poor fundamentals cost a first down and possibly a TD.

Nomad
08-19-2012, 07:03 PM
Watch it again. Beadles and Walton were both blocking the same Dlineman. Even more of an excuse not to let him get up in the air. As soon as he was double teamed he took a step back and created space. Walton and Beadles didn't keep thier mits on him. Poor fundamentals cost a first down and possibly a TD.

In a few hours, you can on NFLN.

Simple Jaded
08-19-2012, 07:09 PM
This is absolutely right, Walton and Beadles double-team on most every play and on this play they both had Bryant. Two professional OL should be able to create a throwing lane vs a DL that isn't even engaging.......

Ziggy
08-19-2012, 07:32 PM
The Good
David Bruton is still one of the best special teamers in the NFL. If anyone thought that his job was in jeopordy, think again.

Orlando Franklin is coming along fine at RT, and Clady holding his own without any help on his side.

Manny Ramirez is a solid backup. With Manning's quick release he should be able to hold the fort until Kuper gets back.

Manning looks fine to me. One interception was the result of a knockdown. That was on the offensive line. The second interception was an overthrow toward Dreesen. Looking back at the game again, Dreeson could have at least gotten a hand on it. He didn't go after it.

Does anyone want to try to tell me that last year we would have went into the half with a lead after 3 turnovers and a dropped TD pass? Despite the offense being completely out of synch and turning it over 3 times, they still scored 10 points in the half. The no huddle is going to carve up some defenses this season.

Derek Wolfe looks like the real deal. He's going to be a great compliment to VonDoom.

Speaking of Doom......he would have had 3 holding calls on Okung if the real refs were in there. He looks primed for a big season.

The Broncos are getting good push up the middle of the D line. Even without big Vick last night they were collapsing the pocket.

Chris Harris is playing at a pro bowl level in the preseason. The value of a good nickel back can't be overstated in today's passing league.

The Bad and the Ugly
The Broncos can't run the ball inside, and as soon as a team brings more than four pass rushers we're in trouble. They have Walton and Beadles doubling a DT every time they bring 4. That's why Manning has been staying upright. You can guaruntee that won't always happen in the regular season. Walton and Beadles will have to block thier own man and they'll both be exposed.

Joe Mays looks no different than he did last year. He's doing one of two things on every run play. Either he picks a gap to shoot as the play starts and runs as fast as he can into it, or he tries to read the play and react. When he shoots the gap blind he guesses right every now and then and looks like a pro bowler. More often than not though he picks the wrong gap and runs himself out of the play. If he waits to react after reading the play he's entirely too slow to react and gets washed out trying to play catch up. Linebacker is a huge problem on this team.

Knowshon still couldn't find the hole if he was sitting in it when the play started. Lance Ball is as average as they come. I hope that Hillman is what they thought he was when they drafted him.

The backup offensive line is offensive. That's probably the biggest area that Elway has failed to build depth at.

Denver still hasn't cured the it's case of the dropsies. This is getting ridiculous. Stokely will make the team regardless of not playing special teams. Manning needs at least one receiver that he can count on on third down.

The tackling was atrocious. As good as the Broncos looked tackling against Chicago, they stunk up the stadium last night (starters included).

FlyByU
08-19-2012, 07:53 PM

Thx for the update. I have no doubt that we will win the AFC West with Manning. I figure he is trying to break the rust off the cannon yet. I am happy to hear the line is doing great I was very concerned with the O line going into this season with Manning being so "fragile".

Ziggy
08-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Thx for the update. I have no doubt that we will win the AFC West with Manning. I figure he is trying to break the rust off the cannon yet. I am happy to hear the line is doing great I was very concerned with the O line going into this season with Manning being so "fragile".

Don't read too much into it FBU. The defenses that the Broncos have been going against have kept it very vanilla.

WARHORSE
08-19-2012, 10:21 PM
Im not concerned with Mannings INTs, and love what I see.

What concerns me is the dropped passes.

Derek Wolfe, as he continues to put on weight and experience is going to be a very good player imo.

Osweiler is going to be fine, I really believe that. He was under fire for the first time, Carroll was sending the neighbors on defense and the kid got skittish.
Hes just a baby and has years to learn under the best.

Im just looking forward to PITTSBURG!.

Nomad
08-19-2012, 10:55 PM
Watching the game on NFLN, is it my tv, the network or my eyes, because the blue on the helmets looks different?

Canmore
08-19-2012, 11:17 PM
Watching the game on NFLN, is it my tv, the network or my eyes, because the blue on the helmets looks different?

How so?

Nomad
08-19-2012, 11:23 PM
How so?

I don't know. I think I'm seeing things, but I thought they were a darker blue.

Man, this is a scrappy game. You'd swear Seattle is still in the AFC West.

Canmore
08-19-2012, 11:25 PM
I don't know. I think I'm seeing things, but I thought they were a darker blue.

Man, this is a scrappy game. You'd swear Seattle is still in the AFC West.

To be honest, I thought the same thing. I haven't heard of us changing the color though.

Simple Jaded
08-20-2012, 01:01 AM
The blue on the helmets is much lighter, the uniforms are pure crap.......

Ziggy
08-20-2012, 01:59 AM
One interesting note is that the Broncos pulled Doom and Von out after the first quarter. Irving and Ayers went the rest of the way with the first team D.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-20-2012, 05:41 AM
One thing about the preseason that everyone should remember is that it's not about winning, losing, or gameplanning. It's about evaluation. The coaches call certain plays, play certain players in certain situations, and run different formations as sort of a trial and error. It's for this reason that we got completely creamed by Russell Wilson. I can guarantee that no time this past week was spent watching Russell Wilson tape and concocting a defense to stop a mobile QB like him. How many 3rd downs did the guy convert with his legs? How many 2nd and longs became 3rd and very short because of his legs? He's also a backup trying to nail down the #2 job in Seattle so he is going to play all out and not worry about getting hurt.

The starting offense was, eh. Manning looks like Kyle Orton thus far - great between the 20s and can't finish in the redzone. The only reason we scored on that one drive is because we ran it. I'm not trying to slam Manning, but the starting offense has a lot of work to do and if it was any other QB, we'd be filleting him right now over his 3 ints and zero TDs through 2 and 1/2 quarters. Both INTs were on him. Blame Beadles and Walton if you wish, but Manning has had several tipped passes so far, not just that one. He knows better. He needs to use his throwing lanes and not just try to rifle it 2 feet over a defender's head. He's Peyton F'n Manning though, he will get better with time.

Our running game doesn't look very good right now, either. McGahee is very hot and cold. It's not even about holes, it's about situational awareness. It's 3rd and one, you are 240lbs, just put your damned shoulder down and get the yard instead of trying to bounce it outside like some scat back. After McGahee, I'm not very sold on our depth. Omon seems to be the only one who is okay with contact and is willing to lower his pads and drive forward. He's slow as molasses though, and doesn't have any real explosiveness. Good thing that our running game will only be a part of the offense and not the staple it was last year.

I thought the starting defense played pretty well again this week. We missed Vickerson bigtime, though. As I feared, Bannon still sucks donkey balls vs the run (just like he did when he was here the first time) and most of Seattle's big runs vs our starters were right at him. Warren holds the point pretty well and was getting a lot of double teams, but Bannon would just get caught up in that zone pull of the O-line and washed out time and again. Right now, I'm ABB (anyone but Bannon) as a strting DT on this team. Every other guy played better inside than him. Other than that, the starting defense has only allowed 3 FGs in 2 1/2 quarters. I can totally live with that.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-20-2012, 05:49 AM
The blue on the helmets is much lighter, the uniforms are pure crap.......

Yep. The helmets are lighter blue than in previous years and it stands out. The orange is also different. It's more of a Bucs (sherbet orange) than the orange on our old alternates ('97-2011) unis. I'm not a big fan of the Nike unis, anyway. The collars look f'n stupid. Looks like everyone is wearing a 70's butterfly-collared polo shirt under their jersey. :tsk:

TXBRONC
08-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Actually i thought the 72 dolphins won preseason and went undefeated.

One team in forty years?

TXBRONC
08-20-2012, 10:28 AM
The Good
David Bruton is still one of the best special teamers in the NFL. If anyone thought that his job was in jeopordy, think again.

Orlando Franklin is coming along fine at RT, and Clady holding his own without any help on his side.

Manny Ramirez is a solid backup. With Manning's quick release he should be able to hold the fort until Kuper gets back.

Manning looks fine to me. One interception was the result of a knockdown. That was on the offensive line. The second interception was an overthrow toward Dreesen. Looking back at the game again, Dreeson could have at least gotten a hand on it. He didn't go after it.

Does anyone want to try to tell me that last year we would have went into the half with a lead after 3 turnovers and a dropped TD pass? Despite the offense being completely out of synch and turning it over 3 times, they still scored 10 points in the half. The no huddle is going to carve up some defenses this season.

Derek Wolfe looks like the real deal. He's going to be a great compliment to VonDoom.

Speaking of Doom......he would have had 3 holding calls on Okung if the real refs were in there. He looks primed for a big season.

The Broncos are getting good push up the middle of the D line. Even without big Vick last night they were collapsing the pocket.

Chris Harris is playing at a pro bowl level in the preseason. The value of a good nickel back can't be overstated in today's passing league.

The Bad and the Ugly
The Broncos can't run the ball inside, and as soon as a team brings more than four pass rushers we're in trouble. They have Walton and Beadles doubling a DT every time they bring 4. That's why Manning has been staying upright. You can guaruntee that won't always happen in the regular season. Walton and Beadles will have to block thier own man and they'll both be exposed.

Joe Mays looks no different than he did last year. He's doing one of two things on every run play. Either he picks a gap to shoot as the play starts and runs as fast as he can into it, or he tries to read the play and react. When he shoots the gap blind he guesses right every now and then and looks like a pro bowler. More often than not though he picks the wrong gap and runs himself out of the play. If he waits to react after reading the play he's entirely too slow to react and gets washed out trying to play catch up. Linebacker is a huge problem on this team.

Knowshon still couldn't find the hole if he was sitting in it when the play started. Lance Ball is as average as they come. I hope that Hillman is what they thought he was when they drafted him.

The backup offensive line is offensive. That's probably the biggest area that Elway has failed to build depth at.

Denver still hasn't cured the it's case of the dropsies. This is getting ridiculous. Stokely will make the team regardless of not playing special teams. Manning needs at least one receiver that he can count on on third down.

The tackling was atrocious. As good as the Broncos looked tackling against Chicago, they stunk up the stadium last night (starters included).

Tackling from the starters needs some improvement but it didn't look atrocious to me. Lets not forget our starting defense kept the Seahawks starting offense out of the end zone that including being put in a hole because of turnovers.

Mays will never be confused with Ray Lewis or Patrick Willis and he would make better depth player than starter but I horrible drag on the defense. I would have no problem him being replaced but atp I don't see defense falling apart if he's the starter.

NightTrainLayne
08-20-2012, 10:59 AM

Yes, but as I watched it on the replay last night, I wondered about blocking downfield. The linemen can't just keep following the guy past the line of scrimmage. Once he stepped back from the LOS they risk getting called for illegal receivers downfield. Right?

MasterShake
08-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Saw a replay of the game Sunday afternoon and came away with a few thoughts:

-Manning is actually a lot farther along than I thought he would be at this point after having almost a year away from football. Loved watching him run the hurry up as it really kept the defense on their heels.

-Those INTs are not good, but the only one I really question was the duck he threw on the second one in the game. It almost looks like a timing issue (on Mannings part) when trying to throw it over the middle that led to the tip. The fact that that lineman was even able to bring it down was a miracle and just a heads up play.

-McGahee looked great and I loved how we punched it in for a TD at the goalline instead of trying to take the edge or a swing pass or something.

-1st team Defense looked beastly. I don't think that group has given up a touchdown through 3 quarters now in 2 games? 3 turnovers by them was a good sign, too. Flynn was running for his life a lot and the interior collapsed the pocket well.

-Recievers are not quite on the same page with Manning yet. It looks like he was making spot throws and they would slow down looking for the ball instead of just trusting it to be there. That should come with time. I expect to see the Tight Ends and Stokely get a lot of looks until that timing is fixed.

-It was strange that Hanie did not play AT ALL. Osweiller had a very rookie-like game because he is, but I really like how he throws the ball on a rope. I hope he is able to grow and learn for a good 3-5 years as we rake in Superbowls. I'd like to think he is in a similar situation to Aaron Rodgers and has a chance of a lifetime to learn and mature into a NFL QB without being thrown to the wolves.

-Depth is a concern, but that is true across the leauge. IF we can stay healthy, we should have a exciting year.

topscribe
08-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Yes, but as I watched it on the replay last night, I wondered about blocking downfield. The linemen can't just keep following the guy past the line of scrimmage. Once he stepped back from the LOS they risk getting called for illegal receivers downfield. Right?
Well, that's true. I never played on the offensive line, but I suppose it is hard
to tell exactly where one is in a matter of feet and yards. So to step forward,
going after the defender, would seem to be taking a risk of being called.

I did study it again, and I think you're right . . .

NightTerror218
08-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Not softening at all, I haven't been big on him as a starter but only because of his height. He has it all but his height will always be an obstacle as a starter, imo.......

only reason he was docked was because of height and fear he could not through over OL/DL. But I thought behind Luck he had one of the better arms in the draft. He was the most efficient QB in college last year (QB rating 191). Only threw 4 INTs to his 33 TDs (RG3, 6 INTs, 37 TDs, Luck, 1o INTs, 37 TDs) and 72.8% completion.

NightTerror218
08-20-2012, 11:28 AM
One thing about the preseason that everyone should remember is that it's not about winning, losing, or gameplanning. It's about evaluation. The coaches call certain plays, play certain players in certain situations, and run different formations as sort of a trial and error. It's for this reason that we got completely creamed by Russell Wilson. I can guarantee that no time this past week was spent watching Russell Wilson tape and concocting a defense to stop a mobile QB like him. How many 3rd downs did the guy convert with his legs? How many 2nd and longs became 3rd and very short because of his legs? He's also a backup trying to nail down the #2 job in Seattle so he is going to play all out and not worry about getting hurt.

The starting offense was, eh. Manning looks like Kyle Orton thus far - great between the 20s and can't finish in the redzone. The only reason we scored on that one drive is because we ran it. I'm not trying to slam Manning, but the starting offense has a lot of work to do and if it was any other QB, we'd be filleting him right now over his 3 ints and zero TDs through 2 and 1/2 quarters. Both INTs were on him. Blame Beadles and Walton if you wish, but Manning has had several tipped passes so far, not just that one. He knows better. He needs to use his throwing lanes and not just try to rifle it 2 feet over a defender's head. He's Peyton F'n Manning though, he will get better with time.

Our running game doesn't look very good right now, either. McGahee is very hot and cold. It's not even about holes, it's about situational awareness. It's 3rd and one, you are 240lbs, just put your damned shoulder down and get the yard instead of trying to bounce it outside like some scat back. After McGahee, I'm not very sold on our depth. Omon seems to be the only one who is okay with contact and is willing to lower his pads and drive forward. He's slow as molasses though, and doesn't have any real explosiveness. Good thing that our running game will only be a part of the offense and not the staple it was last year.

I thought the starting defense played pretty well again this week. We missed Vickerson bigtime, though. As I feared, Bannon still sucks donkey balls vs the run (just like he did when he was here the first time) and most of Seattle's big runs vs our starters were right at him. Warren holds the point pretty well and was getting a lot of double teams, but Bannon would just get caught up in that zone pull of the O-line and washed out time and again. Right now, I'm ABB (anyone but Bannon) as a strting DT on this team. Every other guy played better inside than him. Other than that, the starting defense has only allowed 3 FGs in 2 1/2 quarters. I can totally live with that.

Actually from what I heard he is the #2 pushing for starting spot. Jackson is being shipped out they are shopping him around already. They is why he is not playing, they do not want him to get hurt.

Ziggy
08-20-2012, 01:00 PM

The ball was snapped at the 9 yard line. He jumped up at the 11 1/2 yard line to knock it down. He was 2 1/2 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

NightTerror218
08-20-2012, 01:10 PM

How far can you go. Since I see blockers plowing was for RBs all the time. But on passing downs what is the range they can do forward?

CoachChaz
08-20-2012, 02:09 PM
How far can you go. Since I see blockers plowing was for RBs all the time. But on passing downs what is the range they can do forward?

3 yards prior to the pass. After the pass, they can go as far as they want

EastCoastBronco
08-21-2012, 09:23 AM
Finally got around to watching the game last night...

-Manning looked good for the most part. Throws were a bit wobbly but on the money.
-Manning's first pick was just good defence by Seattle. They have a great front 4.
-Manning's second pick was on Manning and the receiver. After viewing it a few times it was definitely overthrown but it also looked like the TE turtled when he saw the safety getting ready to unload.
-The receivers look good. Looks like Decker is on the same page with Manning as he seemed to be his favorite target.

-First team D looked great. Wolfe is a beast and Miller, Doom and Mays are up to their old tricks. Good to see.

Looking forward to San Fran...

EastCoastBronco
08-21-2012, 10:55 AM
In the "for what it's worth" dept...
As a side note, from what I saw of T.O., it doesn't look like he'll make the final cuts in Seattle.
His head was up his ass the whole night.

FlyByU
08-22-2012, 11:03 PM
Sundays game will be nation wide so will be able to see that game. I am dying to see them play Vs. San Fran.

Will see what that O line is like and Manning in a Broncos Uniform. You know if I had said Manning in a Broncos Uniform 3 years ago I would have thought I was nuts LOL...

GEM
08-23-2012, 02:18 PM
Game thought: Man oh man....that sucked!