PDA

View Full Version : Manning will play into 2nd quarter on Saturday

Denver Native (Carol)
08-16-2012, 09:54 PM
We got our first look—albeit brief—at Peyton Manning in orange (white) and blue last week when the veteran quarterback played one series in Denver’s preseason opener against Chicago. On Saturday, we’ll get a larger sampling size to disect.

Coach John Fox noted earlier in the week that the starters will play into the second quarter against the Seahawks, with the second-team playing most of the second half.

“Our starters will play into the second quarter,” Fox said on Wednesday. ”The seconds will take most of the second half with the thirds getting in late in the fourth quarter.”

rest - http://broncotalk.net/2012/08/40328/broncos-blog/manning-will-play-into-2nd-quarter-on-saturday/

MOtorboat
08-16-2012, 09:56 PM
Cool.

Chef Zambini
08-16-2012, 10:41 PM
standard pinball.

two quarters to play.

...and before you all get started, I remeber when pinball was a dime, 3 games for a quarter.

BroncoJoe
08-17-2012, 08:52 AM
So, who will lead the #2's... ?

MasterShake
08-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Awesome. I'm one of those weird people who actually likes pre-season (except that godawful 4th game) so this is good news. Great to see Manning more, but I'm really interested in seeing how Osweiler and Weber compete. I understand wanting to keep Hanie because of being a veteran or whatever, but I don't see it working with him.

The QB battle with Seattle is going to be interesting too, as well as Terrel Owens playing. Should be fun.

Mike
08-17-2012, 09:02 AM
So, who will lead the #2's... ?

Hanie...though I hope it will be Os.

BroncoJoe
08-17-2012, 12:13 PM

Hell - Weber looked very sharp to me in the first game. I'd be OK if Hanie was cut. It's not like he'd be any better than Oz or Weber.

topscribe
08-17-2012, 12:17 PM
Hell - Weber looked very sharp to me in the first game. I'd be OK if Hanie was cut. It's not like he'd be any better than Oz or Weber.
Still it's always fun to see where the ball is going to go when someone such as
Hanie passes it. Makes me kind of wonder whether that windshield that was
broken recently was actually from a ball Prater kicked or from one of Hanie's
passes . . .

TXBRONC
08-17-2012, 12:25 PM

Even so Osweiler will probably get decent amount of snaps in unless Hanie has some kind of drive that takes up a majority of a quater.

Chef Zambini
08-17-2012, 12:27 PM
Hell - Weber looked very sharp to me in the first game. I'd be OK if Hanie was cut. It's not like he'd be any better than Oz or Weber.alright joe! something we agree on ! I would like to see weber get some reps with the first string, even in a game !
at this point it just looks like haine is stealing reps from the other QBs !

NightTerror218
08-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Great to see more Manning. Haine will be kept around if not just for a little bit more experience.

Mike
08-17-2012, 12:29 PM
I would be surprised if Weber gets any snaps to be honest. Not that he is bad or anything, but that is just the way it usually goes for the 4th QB in the 2 and 3 preseason games. Maybe in the 4th game, but certainly never with the first string.

I would imagine Manning goes mid-way through the 2nd, Hanie cleaning up the first half and playing most of the 3rd, with Os fininshing the game up.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-17-2012, 01:13 PM
There will be a few changes to the Broncos' playing rotation for their first preseason home game Saturday against the Seattle Seahawks.

Drayton Florence will replace Tracy Porter at starting right corner. Porter tweaked his hamstring this week, then was ill.

Kevin Vickerson, who started at defensive tackle in the preseason opener at Chicago, won't play Saturday because of a concussion suffered in practice Thursday. Justin Bannan will start alongside Ty Warren.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21336748/broncos-manning-likely-see-2nd-quarter-vs-seattle

MOtorboat
08-17-2012, 01:39 PM
If Vick sits, that means more Wolfe...

NightTerror218
08-17-2012, 01:41 PM
It will be nice to see our rotational players moving around with the 1st teamers. I want to see what the DL can do.

Ziggy
08-17-2012, 01:56 PM

Wolfe is the starting LDE in base defense and DT in other packages. He's entrenched as the starter with the 1st team. I wonder if they'll sit him some with the 2nd team and give Beal those minutes. I want to see more of Malik Jackson at DT as well.

DenBronx
08-17-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm excited to see this game Saturday. We get our first extended look at Manning in live action.

Can't wait!!!

Mr. Gnome
08-17-2012, 09:13 PM
I'm just excited to see a Denver game. I have a youth group event for our church youth group that day until 5, I may have to see about bowing out a little early :) I don't want to miss Peyton's work. I'm still confused as why we picked up Haine, really?!?! Did the bronco's not see how he did in Chicago?

Simple Jaded
08-17-2012, 11:07 PM
standard pinball.

two quarters to play.

...and before you all get started, I remeber when pinball was a dime, 3 games for a quarter.That must have been way back when people actually played pinball.......

Simple Jaded
08-17-2012, 11:10 PM
I would be surprised if Weber gets any snaps to be honest. Not that he is bad or anything, but that is just the way it usually goes for the 4th QB in the 2 and 3 preseason games. Maybe in the 4th game, but certainly never with the first string.

I would imagine Manning goes mid-way through the 2nd, Hanie cleaning up the first half and playing most of the 3rd, with Os fininshing the game up.If the Broncos have any intention of sneaking Weber onto the PC they should shut him down.......

Chef Zambini
08-18-2012, 12:50 AM
If the Broncos have any intention of sneaking Weber onto the PC they should shut him down.......mo says he is NOT eligeable for the PS.

Chef Zambini
08-18-2012, 12:52 AM
That must have been way back when people actually played pinball.......yep, especially deaf, dumb and blind kids named Tommy.

MOtorboat
08-18-2012, 08:20 AM
mo says he is NOT eligeable for the PS.

I am wrong. I thought Weber had been a Bronco for two seasons. He's been a Bronco for only one.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-18-2012, 09:12 AM

I have a feeling that Wolfe will get the start at LDE in our base package with Hunter being gone. On obvious passing downs he'll probably kick inside with Ayers, Von, or Beal at the LDE spot.

topscribe
08-18-2012, 09:34 AM
I am wrong. I thought Weber had been a Bronco for two seasons. He's been a Bronco for only one.
Still, I'm not sure the Broncos would get away with putting Weber on the PS
this year. I've read some reports about positive comments about him from
scouts.

I have a feeling that Wolfe will get the start at LDE in our base package with Hunter being gone. On obvious passing downs he'll probably kick inside with Ayers, Von, or Beal at the LDE spot.
Yes, Wolfe said in an interview this last week (http://www.broncosradionetwork.com/cc-common/podcast/single_page.html?podcast=Interviews&selected_podcast=DEREK_WOLFE_ON_KOA_8-13_1344958260_4842.mp3) that he's now out there all the time.

broncobryce
08-18-2012, 09:52 AM
Weber would be safe on the PS.

DenBronx
08-18-2012, 02:15 PM
The preseason package is $14.99 now but if you include the promo code: directv it is only $12.74. I am considering doing this.....unless someone can PM me a live stream link???

Canmore
08-18-2012, 07:54 PM
The preseason package is $14.99 now but if you include the promo code: directv it is only $12.74. I am considering doing this.....unless someone can PM me a live stream link???

I think Sneakers said he had a link. PM him.