PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning puts in extra work at Broncos' final full practice

Denver Native (Carol)
08-16-2012, 03:29 PM
In the final real practice of Denver Broncos training camp, Peyton Manning wasn't about to let any time with his wide receivers go to waste.

Twice while the majority of his teammates worked through special teams drills, Manning spent time with his first-line receivers working through red zone patterns.

In the first session, Manning worked with Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas, the third-year players likely to be the team's top two receivers. Later, Manning and veteran Brandon Stokley went together to a different field to work on several routes.

rest - plus other stuff from camp - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21329179/peyton-manning-extra-work-broncos-final-practice

Northman
08-16-2012, 03:43 PM
Love the dedication by Manning, always have and am glad the receivers are taking the time out to do the same.

NightTerror218
08-16-2012, 04:09 PM
I am hoping our WR absorb everything from him and I hope oz is watching and learning too.

OrangeHoof
08-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Love the dedication by Manning, always have and am glad the receivers are taking the time out to do the same.

Not sure the receivers have a choice. When Peyton Manning tells you you're staying late after practice, only an idiot would tell him "I got someplace else to be."

Northman
08-16-2012, 08:38 PM
Not sure the receivers have a choice. When Peyton Manning tells you you're staying late after practice, only an idiot would tell him "I got someplace else to be."

Ive seen a lot of idiots in the NFL so nothing surprises me anymore. lol

silkamilkamonico
08-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Would really like an honest opinion from Manning himself on where he thinks the offense is at at the moment and if it is coming together incely for them..

Chef Zambini
08-17-2012, 05:42 PM
Would really like an honest opinion from Manning himself on where he thinks the offense is at at the moment and if it is coming together incely for them..
you will get his 'opinion'
on saturday.

Chef Zambini
08-17-2012, 05:42 PM
think the fans will be smart enough to shut up when PM is under center?

MOtorboat
08-17-2012, 05:47 PM
think the fans will be smart enough to shut up when PM is under center?

Why wouldn't they be?

They've shut up on offense and got loud on defense for years. Why would that change?

CoachChaz
08-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Guess it didnt work

Ravage!!!
08-19-2012, 10:31 AM
just pre-season. I honestly never take anything during pre-season games seriously.

silkamilkamonico
08-19-2012, 10:44 AM
Honestly, looking around the, the extra practice other elite qb's are putting in aren't paying off either. I would expect he is trying some things to see how they work out.

Northman
08-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Cut that meat now!!!!!!!!

broncosinindy
08-19-2012, 10:47 AM
while I don't think people should take these games seriously...we did see our first team get the win and oursecond in down imploded. manning looks like he's trying to get the rythm down. doesn't help when your wideouts drop passes and quit on routes

NightTerror218
08-20-2012, 07:08 PM
I think every snap helps manning and the WR get on same page with timing and trust. Just imagine if Manning trusted the WR like he did Wayne and could anticipate when the Wr was going to make the break in his route and threw before the break. That is the kind of thing I loved from Elway with Eddie Mac, Smith and Sharpe.