PDA

View Full Version : Chris Kuper - broken forearm

G_Money
08-14-2012, 01:24 PM
I don't see this listed here:

Kuper out 6 weeks with a broken forearm, (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21309491/ty-warren-misses-another-broncos-practice)

Broncos right guard Chris Kuper broke one of the bones in his left forearm and will miss six weeks, which would include the team's first three regular-season games.

Kuper suffered the injury early in Tuesday's practice during a team drill. He carried his helmet in his right hand and appeared extremely frustrated as he immediately left the field with a trainer and went inside to get X-Rays.

Kuper is expected to be replaced for the foreseeable future by veteran Manny Ramirez, who also replaced Kuper in last week's preseason opener. The team had been easing Kuper back into full-time action while he recovered from the gruesome ankle and lower leg injury he suffered on Jan. 1.

:tsk::mad:

~G

MOtorboat
08-14-2012, 01:26 PM
That's not good.

Northman
08-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Dang man, this guy just cant seem to stay healthy.

Ziggy
08-14-2012, 01:29 PM
Franklin to guard. Make it happen.

Davii
08-14-2012, 01:30 PM
Silver lining in 3, 2, 1.....

It wasn't his ankle which, more than likely would've meant he's gone for the season. This will also give him 6 more weeks to get that ankle right.

NightTerror218
08-14-2012, 01:33 PM

It wasn't his ankle which, more than likely would've meant he's gone for the season. This will also give him 6 more weeks to get that ankle right.

exactly he will have his ankle 100%

G_Money
08-14-2012, 01:40 PM
We need Kupe on that line. We're not as painfully thin as we were last year on the OL, but it's still not a deep unit. Agreed on the extra time to get his ankle right, but here's hoping he is back at 100% when he takes the field in Week 3 or so. Somebody's got to help Franklin keep Manning's jersey clean.

~G

BigDaddyBronco
08-14-2012, 01:43 PM
Move Franklin in at RG and when Kuper is ready move him back in and Franklin back to RT. Hopefully, Harris can stay healthy enough to play RT while Kuper gets healthy.

Davii
08-14-2012, 01:45 PM
We need Kupe on that line. We're not as painfully thin as we were last year on the OL, but it's still not a deep unit. Agreed on the extra time to get his ankle right, but here's hoping he is back at 100% when he takes the field in Week 3 or so. Somebody's got to help Franklin keep Manning's jersey clean.

~G

Agreed. I just feel that him missing three games gives us a better chance to have him for the last 13+ games than had he come back too soon. Obviously we have to trust the doctors and I have no idea beyond seeing his foot pointing the wrong way.... it just seems a little more time for Kupe could be a blessing in disguise.

dogfish
08-14-2012, 01:52 PM
****ing hell!!

Ziggy
08-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Move Franklin in at RG and when Kuper is ready move him back in and Franklin back to RT. Hopefully, Harris can stay healthy enough to play RT while Kuper gets healthy.

Or...move Franklin to RG and when Kuper gets healthy move Kuper to LG and actually have some strength on the inside of the line for a change.

CrazyHorse
08-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Does this guy have osteoporosis? Franklin at RG and Harris at RT should be okay for a couple games.

GEM
08-14-2012, 01:55 PM
Mother trucker, that sucks!!!

NightTerror218
08-14-2012, 01:55 PM
with this huge wave of injuries. I hope they are all better (except Kuper) by game 1. Injury bug is getting ups again. lots of hamstring injuries.

dogfish
08-14-2012, 01:56 PM
Dang man, this guy just cant seem to stay healthy.

not true. . . he's had two incidents of bad luck recently, but before that he played in 78 of 80 possible games. . . broken bones are freak accidents-- far cry from some of these dudes whose ligaments are apparently made of tissue paper. . . anybody would break if orlando franklin fell on them. . .

NightTerror218
08-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Personally I am going to blame the CBA for the injuries. Players want to shorten their OTAs and all this yet they are getting injured left and right. Look how many injuries we already have.

rationalfan
08-14-2012, 02:03 PM
Personally I am going to blame the CBA for the injuries. Players want to shorten their OTAs and all this yet they are getting injured left and right. Look how many injuries we already have.

seems about normal to me. people get injured in every training camp. it's just more pronounced when the injuries happen to starters/stars.

also, this is in the DPost story about the inury: Kuper's new injury broke the Broncos' streak of relative good health through the preseason.

NightTerror218
08-14-2012, 02:12 PM
seems about normal to me. people get injured in every training camp. it's just more pronounced when the injuries happen to starters/stars.

also, this is in the DPost story about the inury: Kuper's new injury broke the Broncos' streak of relative good health through the preseason.

This season and last season. But I have also been watching the list and majority of injuries are hamstrings. I have also seen several other teams have tons of injuries too. I can see maybe 3-4 injuries but we have had about 10 players so far this season. Over 10% of the players.

TXBRONC
08-14-2012, 02:13 PM
That sucks. :banghead:

Italianmobstr7
08-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Lame...

OrangeHoof
08-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Kuper is expected to be replaced for the foreseeable future by veteran Manny Ramirez, who also replaced Kuper in last week's preseason opener.

Ramirez will be fine. Just make sure he's cycling off the estrogen injections and keep him away from left field.

pnbronco
08-14-2012, 03:00 PM

Heard this on the radio and said beeeeep, beeeep & BEEEP!!!! Then I calmed down and thought well heck at least it will give him the 6 weeks more weeks for the ankle to
really heal. I am still amazed he is as far along as he is given how bad he was limping not long ago. Davii you're just faster than I am at the silver linings, so glad no one else was in the car when I was ranting........:D

Denver Native (Carol)
08-14-2012, 03:10 PM
I really feel sorry for him. He has got to be thinking ENOUGH ALREADY

Dzone
08-14-2012, 04:02 PM
This is bad news. We will rise or fall to the level of our Oline

topscribe
08-14-2012, 04:16 PM
This is bad news. We will rise or fall to the level of our Oline
Oh, not necessarily. Pittsburgh, for instance, has had a lousy OL for years. In
fact, Indy's wasn't all that great for Manning. It would be great to have a real
good OL, but if it can be halfway decent, Manning will take care of the rest, as
he always has . . .

topscribe
08-14-2012, 04:17 PM
This season and last season. But I have also been watching the list and majority of injuries are hamstrings. I have also seen several other teams have tons of injuries too. I can see maybe 3-4 injuries but we have had about 10 players so far this season. Over 10% of the players.
That is what has bugged me . . . the hammies. What's up with that?

Dzone
08-14-2012, 08:05 PM
The problem is how much strength he will lose by not being able to use the arm. How strong will he be when he comes back? Plus, how severe was the fracture? A hairline fracture probably not as bad

MOtorboat
08-14-2012, 08:10 PM
That is what has bugged me . . . the hammies. What's up with that?

Zam said if Tuten was fired we wouldn't have hammy problems.

:whoknows:

Chef Zambini
08-15-2012, 01:52 AM
Lame...no, that would apply to a leg injury.
this is another blessing in disguise.

ShaneFalco
08-15-2012, 02:20 AM
we should have drafted another guard regardless, beadles still not that amazing yet

Canmore
08-15-2012, 02:33 AM
we should have drafted another guard regardless, beadles still not that amazing yet

Beadles sucks!

vandammage13
08-15-2012, 09:13 AM
Anybody know if there has been anymore rumblings of moving Franklin to guard?

I think he would be a better fit there, but if that were to happen would we have a capable fill-in at RT?

Do you guys think we would be better off with Ramirez filling in at guard and Franklin staying at RT, or would it be better to move Franklin to guard and someone else step in at RT?

NightTerror218
08-15-2012, 12:11 PM
So our line is going to be Clady, Beadles, Walton, Franklin, Harris or Clady, Beadles, Walton, Ramirez, Franklin?

Dean
08-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Terror, I think that you avatar should read Netherlands rather than Dutch. Back on topic- I think the starting O-line will be the same as last year with Ramirez replacing Chris Kuper for 4 weeks. The familiarity with the positions and the players on either side of them would result in less hiccups when the actual season starts. After Kuper is back, then maybe they start to shift a player here or there to make a final push to the play-offs.

Simple Jaded
08-15-2012, 10:21 PM
So our line is going to be Clady, Beadles, Walton, Franklin, Harris or Clady, Beadles, Walton, Ramirez, Franklin?
Should be Clady, Franklin, Beadles, Ramirez, Harris.......

Canmore
08-15-2012, 10:40 PM

Who is snapping the ball?

NightTerror218
08-16-2012, 11:19 AM

you realize you have no center in there right? I would take Walton over beadles. As for that lineup is way one sided, Harris is not the old harris and ramierz only has a few starts under he belt outside of 1 season in Detroit.

topscribe
08-17-2012, 12:38 PM
This is not guarantee on how good he's going to be, but have you seen Manny Ramirez' guns? :eek:

I read somewhere a report that said that a DT (I don't remember who) pushed Walton down with
one hand in the last game, but Manny stepped in at center and held strong against the same guy.
If he does step in at RG, it will be interesting to see what kind of mauling machine will take over
on the right side with him and Franklin there . . .