PDA

View Full Version : Baseball sucks, should be cancelled permanently.

Overtime
07-30-2009, 02:33 PM
shut down Major League Baseball once and for all, permanently.

Bud Selig has no balls. He has no backbone, he has no morals, no values. He's a gutless spine who refuses to crackdown on steroids and performance enhancing drugs.

10 games for the first offense? whatever.

50 games for the 2nd offense? only 1/3 of the season.

100 games for the 3rd offense? only 2/3 of a season.

so we give the players an unpaid vacation, and they can do whatever they want for 3 or 4 months. makes a lot of sense.

pathetic. absolutely pathetic.

Violations of the league's substance abuse policy to include PED's and sterioids should be as follows.

1st offense, banned for the season.

2nd offense, lifetime ban, do not pass go, do not collect your signing bonus, do not report to the Hall of Fame. all of your records are removed from baseball, good bye.

But no, Selig is a gutless coward cur dog.

shut this defunct, bloated, boring sport down permanently.

Baseball sucks anyways, the season is a ridiculous 162 Games long. It should only be 100 games long. but somehow we keep adding games every few years, and before you know it, it'll be a year long circus fiasco.

every game we have to wait 3 minutes to get 1 pitch. pitcher has to play with the dirt with his cleats, then he has to wipe his brow, and adjust his glove, adjust his hat, and spit his tobacco in the dirt and cover it up.

Then the batter has to step out of the box, adjust his batting gloves, tie his shoe, take 4 or 5 swings, adjust his grip on the bat, knock some damn dirt off his cleats, tap the bat on the plate.

Then the pitcher has to check the runner, and then he has to wait for the right sign. Then the pitch. low and outside, ball 1. repeat process. 6 minutes later, we have low and outside ball 2. oh wait! call for time. the coach wants to hold a conference at the mound with the pitcher the catcher and the shortstop for 7 minutes.

ok resume play. another 3 minutes goes by, count is now 2-1. another 3 minutes...count is 3-1.

just shut down this lame pig of a game down. it's boring, nothing exciting happens, takes too long, and the majority of the players are juiced up, Bud Selig doesn't want to do anything to clean it up.

gnomeflinger
07-30-2009, 02:45 PM
You forgot the part about adjusting their jock straps.

OrangeHoof
07-30-2009, 03:07 PM
You also forget the part that there is a strong union representing the players and things like suspensions are negotiated in the collective bargaining process with the MLBPA. Minor leaguers, on the other hand, could be given more severe penalties since they are not MLBPA members but then you start getting into grey areas.

I guess we'll need to give this mess back to John McCain :rolleyes:

sneakers
08-02-2009, 04:42 AM
Baseball's been around for a long time.....and baseball rocks!

Reidman
08-02-2009, 08:47 AM
I actually watched baseball when the players were "juiced" up. At least that made it entertaining to watch. McGuire and Sosa in a homerun battle, only time I got interested in baseball...

But yeah, it should only last a month or two and be done...

Devilspawn
08-02-2009, 09:59 AM
shut down Major League Baseball once and for all, permanently.

Bud Selig has no balls. He has no backbone, he has no morals, no values. He's a gutless spine who refuses to crackdown on steroids and performance enhancing drugs.

10 games for the first offense? whatever.

50 games for the 2nd offense? only 1/3 of the season.

100 games for the 3rd offense? only 2/3 of a season.

so we give the players an unpaid vacation, and they can do whatever they want for 3 or 4 months. makes a lot of sense.

pathetic. absolutely pathetic.

Violations of the league's substance abuse policy to include PED's and sterioids should be as follows.

1st offense, banned for the season.

2nd offense, lifetime ban, do not pass go, do not collect your signing bonus, do not report to the Hall of Fame. all of your records are removed from baseball, good bye.

But no, Selig is a gutless coward cur dog.
I agree. I don't agree with the three strike rule here, it gives players a little elbow room. First offense, season. Second offense, lifetime.

shut this defunct, bloated, boring sport down permanently.

Baseball sucks anyways, the season is a ridiculous 162 Games long. It should only be 100 games long. but somehow we keep adding games every few years, and before you know it, it'll be a year long circus fiasco.
It's 162 now, the last time they added games was in 1961. I doubt they'll do it again unless baseball begins in March, which it won't since March is a winter month for it's first 3 weeks.

every game we have to wait 3 minutes to get 1 pitch. pitcher has to play with the dirt with his cleats, then he has to wipe his brow, and adjust his glove, adjust his hat, and spit his tobacco in the dirt and cover it up.

Then the pitcher has to check the runner, and then he has to wait for the right sign. Then the pitch. low and outside, ball 1. repeat process. 6 minutes later, we have low and outside ball 2. oh wait! call for time. the coach wants to hold a conference at the mound with the pitcher the catcher and the shortstop for 7 minutes.

ok resume play. another 3 minutes goes by, count is now 2-1. another 3 minutes...count is 3-1.
dude I agree with you 1000% on this one. There should be a delay of game if it's longer than 30 seconds between pitches. Old school pitchers got the ball back, set and pitched again. The exception should be checking the runner, that's strategy, so i have no fault with it as long as the process is sped up.

Football players huddle between plays for what, 30 seconds? And that's 11 players getting on the same page. How can one pitcher and one catcher take 2 minutes longer?

Then the batter has to step out of the box, adjust his batting gloves, tie his shoe, take 4 or 5 swings, adjust his grip on the bat, knock some damn dirt off his cleats, tap the bat on the plate.
Same thing here. Baseball now has become a game of routine that it's a joke.

just shut down this lame pig of a game down. it's boring, nothing exciting happens, takes too long, and the majority of the players are juiced up, Bud Selig doesn't want to do anything to clean it up.
I'll get into juicing later on

I watch the Yankees most nights, but I don't sit and watch a full game on TV. The game is just on when I'm doing other things. Only if there's a big moment will I pay full attention.

Now going to a game is a great experience, although expensive. It doesn't translate to TV well. I will admit, the game seems fast paced in the playoffs. I like the sport obviously because my team is always in it, but baseball needs fixing asap.

Overtime
08-02-2009, 10:24 PM
hell for delay of game, they should just deduct a run. if you don't have a score, then you should go to -1.

that would definitely make it a little more interesting.

girler
08-02-2009, 10:32 PM
I'd just as soon watch cars driving around in circles.

slim
08-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Anyone that doesn't like baseball is a flaming homo.

BroncoWave
08-03-2009, 12:05 AM
No one makes you watch it OT. Just because the game isn't perfect doesn't mean it should be canceled. That's just ridiculous!

girler
08-03-2009, 11:33 AM

I guess I'm gay. :noidea:

Overtime
08-03-2009, 12:15 PM

no anyone who invests any sort of time in baseball period is a flaming homo.

FOOTBALL > BASEBALL/TENNIS/GOLF/HOCKEY/NASCAR/INDY CAR COMBINED!

Women's Sand Volleyball is much more entertaining than baseball.

baseball is for faggots. after all it is a bunch of guys, swinging a stick at a ball :confused:

BroncoWave
08-03-2009, 12:23 PM
baseball is for faggots. after all it is a bunch of guys, swinging a stick at a ball :confused:

I would LOVE to see you get up in someone like Albert Pujols or Josh Beckett's face and tell them they are a faggot for playing baseball. Tell me how that works out for you.

And using your logic, all football is is guys throwing balls around and grabbing and tackling each other. Any sport can be made to sound gay if you word it the right way.

Overtime
08-03-2009, 12:28 PM
I would LOVE to see you get up in someone like Albert Pujols or Josh Beckett's face and tell them they are a faggot for playing baseball. Tell me how that works out for you.

And using your logic, all football is is guys throwing balls around and grabbing and tackling each other. Any sport can be made to sound gay if you word it the right way.

haha that's funny that you mention Albert Pujols. I went to HS in the next town over from where he graduated, and I did know him. Weren't best friends or anything, but I've gotten to talk to him several times, and I asked him why he played baseball instead of football and he told me while he loved football, he said he thought his career would go further in baseball, and that if he played football he was concerned about having a career ending injury, but he knows I think baseball is gay so yeah been there done that. He just told me we all love different things, and that's what makes us and the world diverse and interesting.

he went to Ft. Osage High School in Independence, MO, and I went to Blue Springs High School in Blue Springs, MO.

BroncoWave
08-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Well you may say baseball is for faggots but I guarantee you that if you somehow found out you were good at it and some pro team offered you millions of dollars to play for them you'd be on the next flight to that city.

I've never understood the "well I don't like it so it's obviously gay" mindset. Like your dear friend Albert said: "we all love different things, and that's what makes us and the world diverse and interesting."

Ravage!!!
08-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Here we go again, with another overtime rant about "morals" in sports. The truth of the matter is, the players in the past had LESS morals (or just as little) but they could get away with it back then. They were taking just as many drugs, and would tease each other if they lost about "the other team must have had some better stuff."

But the media today is right in players faces. In their private lives and following their every move. Which is fine, but it wasn't that way in the past. The media stayed away from people's lives. Celebs didn't have photographers following them around everywhere and digging into everything.

To even suggest, with any kind of straight face, that the sport should be "shut down" because some athletes are taking some enhancing drugs (as they did in the past) is just pathetically absurd.

Ravage!!!
08-03-2009, 02:41 PM
no anyone who invests any sort of time in baseball period is a flaming homo.

FOOTBALL > BASEBALL/TENNIS/GOLF/HOCKEY/NASCAR/INDY CAR COMBINED!

Women's Sand Volleyball is much more entertaining than baseball.

Unbelievable. Only a closet would even make that connection :coffee:

BroncoWave
08-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Here we go again, with another overtime rant about "morals" in sports. The truth of the matter is, the players in the past had LESS morals (or just as little) but they could get away with it back then. They were taking just as many drugs, and would tease each other if they lost about "the other team must have had some better stuff."

But the media today is right in players faces. In their private lives and following their every move. Which is fine, but it wasn't that way in the past. The media stayed away from people's lives. Celebs didn't have photographers following them around everywhere and digging into everything.

To even suggest, with any kind of straight face, that the sport should be "shut down" because some athletes are taking some enhancing drugs (as they did in the past) is just pathetically absurd.

Just goes to show you how much control the media has over the minds of the general sporting public.

Overtime
08-03-2009, 03:44 PM

I don't believe it should be shut down because the athletes are taking the PED's, I believe it should be shut down because MLB doesn't seem to have any interest in doing anything about it.

The sport is tainted, and it has been for years, and MLB, Bud Selig's and the Players Unions refusal to adopt a no tolerance policy is the reason why the damn thing needs to be shut down.

not to mention all the other reasons I listed, about the game taking too long, and the fact that there is no salary cap, and a ton of other reasons.

If they're going to have it as a sport, then they need to level the playing field with a salary cap, and by introducing a "NO TOLERANCE" policy for the use of PED's/steroids (1st time you're banned for 162 games, 2nd time you're out of baseball permanently and your stats disappear from MLB record books), and stop the needless delays during the game of stepping out of the batter's box, and holding 7 minute conferences at the mound, and all the other nonsense...and if a team violates the delay of game, they lose a run.

then I might be interested, and it "might" become exciting again. But to know when I turn the game on, that the players are potentially juiced, and there is no salary cap, and we have to wait 3-6 minutes just for each pitch...ya that really takes most of the competitiveness away from the game, and makes it less interesting IMO.

Ravage!!!
08-03-2009, 04:05 PM
so you don't like the sport, so it should be dropped. Seems reasonable

Overtime
08-03-2009, 04:27 PM
i'd also like to throw in if they dropped the season to 100 games, it would be much more entertaining, than a long drawn out ridiculous 162 games. 100 games would turn up the interest level, and the competition drastically.

and usual you can't read, or you just read what you choose to.

Ravage!!!
08-03-2009, 04:43 PM
I don't believe it should be shut down because the athletes are taking the PED's, I believe it should be shut down because MLB doesn't seem to have any interest in doing anything about it.

The sport is tainted, and it has been for years, and MLB, Bud Selig's and the Players Unions refusal to adopt a no tolerance policy is the reason why the damn thing needs to be shut down.

not to mention all the other reasons I listed, about the game taking too long, and the fact that there is no salary cap, and a ton of other reasons.

If they're going to have it as a sport, then they need to level the playing field with a salary cap, and by introducing a "NO TOLERANCE" policy for the use of PED's/steroids (1st time you're banned for 162 games, 2nd time you're out of baseball permanently and your stats disappear from MLB record books), and stop the needless delays during the game of stepping out of the batter's box, and holding 7 minute conferences at the mound, and all the other nonsense...and if a team violates the delay of game, they lose a run.

then I might be interested, and it "might" become exciting again. But to know when I turn the game on, that the players are potentially juiced, and there is no salary cap, and we have to wait 3-6 minutes just for each pitch...ya that really takes most of the competitiveness away from the game, and makes it less interesting IMO.

I'm not misreading. YOu just listed a lot of reasons YOU don't like the sport, thus think it should be cancelled. I got it. What did I misread?

Overtime
08-03-2009, 05:44 PM

I'm not misreading. YOu just listed a lot of reasons YOU don't like the sport, thus think it should be cancelled. I got it. What did I misread?

I said if baseball would take appropriate measures, such as leveling the field by mandating a salary cap, shortening the season so it's not ridiculously long, and cleaning it so it's not tainted, and getting rid of all the unnecessary delays, I might find it interesting again.