PDA

View Full Version : Fox pushes the Broncos for a little more at Saturday practice

Denver Native (Carol)
08-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Two days following the Broncos preseason opener in Chicago, head coach John Fox decided the time was right for a little physical challenge.

"The easy thing to do would have been to bring them out in shorts so soon after playing a ballgame," Fox said. "You've only got certain opportunities to go in pads to build the mental toughness of your football team so I thought they responded well."

Fox put the Broncos in full pads for Saturday morning's workout at Dove Valley as the Broncos practiced for just over two and half hours. They will have a walk-through Saturday night that is closed to the public and the players will have Sunday off.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21291440/fox-pushes-broncos-little-more-at-saturday-practice

chazoe60
08-11-2012, 08:30 PM
I really like Fox. The only thing I ever doubted him on was sticking with Orton for too long. Other than that I have been very impressed.

Davii
08-12-2012, 03:11 AM
I don't really think he stuck with Orton too long. He was in a shitty situation, any sooner and he risked the ire of the vets in the locker room. I think he did it at just the right time. Then something crazy happened, we started winning, and people thought, "damn, should've done this weeks ago!"

Canmore
08-12-2012, 03:20 AM
I don't really think he stuck with Orton too long. He was in a shitty situation, any sooner and he risked the ire of the vets in the locker room. I think he did it at just the right time. Then something crazy happened, we started winning, and people thought, "damn, should've done this weeks ago!"

This is how I feel. I think the move to Tebow came about when it should have. Orton got a fair shoot and came up short. Hind sight is always better than fore sight but Fox did a good job with a delicate situation.