PDA

View Full Version : Training camp cancelled

Dortoh
07-30-2009, 12:30 PM
for today.

Full camp to resume on Friday. Weird? My guess is they are working on finalizing some contracts etc......

Dortoh
07-30-2009, 12:32 PM
http://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson

Italianmobstr7
07-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Broncos cancel Thursday practice

by Lindsay Jones on July 30, 2009 Be the first to comment!

The Broncos just announced that the full-squad walk-through session scheduled for Thursday afternoon has been canceled.

A team spokesman just told me that players reported on schedule but that Thursday is a “heavy administrative” day with getting everyone checked in. The staff did put the players through the dreaded conditioning test and players will be in meetings throughout the day.

The team will hold it’s first practice at 8:45 a.m. Friday. This will be the first chance for media — and fans — to see who has reported to camp (and who hasn’t), what shape the players are in and how the depth chart might start to unfold.

Dirk
07-30-2009, 12:40 PM
Getty as giddy as a kid on christmas eve!!

TXBRONC
07-30-2009, 12:46 PM
for today.

Full camp to resume on Friday. Weird? My guess is they are working on finalizing some contracts etc......

I hope that "heavy administration" day means that they finalizing some contracts like that of Moreno and Ayers.

Dortoh
07-30-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm just waiting to hear the crack of some pads..................do it already

Dortoh
07-30-2009, 12:54 PM
Knowshon Moreno, 6 years, 12 miillion guarenteed, total 24 million

Maybe maybe not just saying.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-30-2009, 01:06 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12946075

The Broncos this morning cancelled the full-squad walk-through practice that had been scheduled for 4:20 this afternoon.

The veteran players reported this morning and participated in conditioning tests that involve interval running.

Team meetings will take up the bulk of the players' time today.

First-round draft picks Knowshon Moreno and Robert Ayers remain unsigned and have not reported to the team's Dove Valley headquarters.

The Broncos' first full-squad practice of training camp is scheduled for 8:45 a.m. on Friday and will be open to the public.

Quarterbacks, rookies and injured players reported to Dove Valley on Monday and have worked out the past three days.

BroncoTech
07-30-2009, 01:50 PM
The Broncos this morning cancelled the full-squad walk-through practice that had been scheduled for 4:20 this afternoon.

Maybe they have something else planned for 4:20.

dogfish
07-30-2009, 02:10 PM
i blame brandon marshall. . . .

Italianmobstr7
07-30-2009, 02:20 PM
This makes 3 straight days that Marshall didn't practice. The nerve of that guy. He's not even hurt. TRADE HIM!!!! (sarcasm)

silkamilkamonico
07-30-2009, 03:14 PM
This makes 3 straight days that Marshall didn't practice. The nerve of that guy. He's not even hurt. TRADE HIM!!!! (sarcasm)

Marshall's potentially hurting his business oppurtunities. He's in a contract year, and he wants a fat check. The only way he gets the contract he wants is if he puts up a huge year. The more he falls behind in McDaniels system, the more bench he's going to see, and the less oppurtunities he's going to have to put up huge numbers.

I think this is most likely Marshall's last year in Denver. If he isn't going to get traded, he's going to want a big contract next year and I don't think the administration is going to give it to him. Besides, the gu yis nothing more then a Keyshawn Johnson v. 2.0.

Eddie Royal ftmfw!!

Dortoh
07-30-2009, 03:20 PM

Damn it Dream :laugh:

dogfish
07-30-2009, 03:23 PM
Besides, the gu yis nothing more then a Keyshawn Johnson v. 2.0.

except marshall's already topped 100 catches and 1,250 yards twice in three years-- something that meshawn did ONCE in an 11 year career, and it didn't happen until his sixth year in the league. . .

*farts*

BroncoWave
07-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Marshall's potentially hurting his business oppurtunities. He's in a contract year, and he wants a fat check. The only way he gets the contract he wants is if he puts up a huge year. The more he falls behind in McDaniels system, the more bench he's going to see, and the less oppurtunities he's going to have to put up huge numbers.

I think this is most likely Marshall's last year in Denver. If he isn't going to get traded, he's going to want a big contract next year and I don't think the administration is going to give it to him. Besides, the gu yis nothing more then a Keyshawn Johnson v. 2.0.

Eddie Royal ftmfw!!

Keyshawn Johnson has a Super Bowl ring too. That wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if he turned out to be another Keyshawn Johnson.

Overtime
07-30-2009, 03:29 PM

it's amazing isn't it? Kid has never played an NFL snap, and he's getting a contract of $24 million.

these rookies are out of control on their contracts, and what's worse is if he's any good, then in year 4 or 5 of a 6 year deal he'll be holding out for his "big" contract, and saying he's unhappy because he wants to be paid, and then he'll threaten to hold out, and he'll miss OTA's.

:coffee:

silkamilkamonico
07-30-2009, 03:29 PM
except marshall's already topped 100 catches and 1,250 yards twice in three years-- something that meshawn did ONCE in an 11 year career, and it didn't happen until his sixth year in the league. . .

*farts*

A possession WR who doesn't get many deep balls or TD's? Sounds alot like Keyshawn Johnson. When I watch the lack of separation and the utilization of his body it's like I'm watching a clone. Keyshawn actually scored more TD's than MBarsh has up to this point, and he didn't have Jay "the franchise" Cutler throwing him the ball.

BMarsh is better after the catch (although he didn't show it last year), KJohn had better hands, but other than that they are virtually identical.

And yes, even KJohn broke out the occasion deep pass early in his career.

It's not a bad thing, all 32 teams would have taken KJohn early in his career. It just sets a place for Bmarsh in the league. He certainly isn't a Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Torry Holt, Steve Smith type big play WR.

nevcraw
07-30-2009, 03:41 PM
The whole team is holding out..

jrelway
07-30-2009, 03:45 PM
The whole team is holding out..

what a bunch of cancers! lets trade the whole team before they start to lose value.

dogfish
07-30-2009, 03:53 PM
A possession WR who doesn't get many deep balls or TD's? Sounds alot like Keyshawn Johnson. When I watch the lack of separation and the utilization of his body it's like I'm watching a clone. Keyshawn actually scored more TD's than MBarsh has up to this point, and he didn't have Jay "the franchise" Cutler throwing him the ball.

BMarsh is better after the catch (although he didn't show it last year), KJohn had better hands, but other than that they are virtually identical.

And yes, even KJohn broke out the occasion deep pass early in his career.

It's not a bad thing, all 32 teams would have taken KJohn early in his career. It just sets a place for Bmarsh in the league. He certainly isn't a Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Torry Holt, Steve Smith type big play WR.

i see your point-- but i don't think it's fair to assume that marshall has already reached his full potential after just two full years as a starter. . . it's true that he's never going to be a blazer, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he can't be a big-play threat. . . that's an aspect of his game that he hasn't shown a lot of yet, but the potential is there. . . he can make exciting plays with his tackle-breaking ability (remember the 70-yard catch-and-run against seattle in cutler's first start?), and he has the strength and the frame to be very dangerous on jump balls down the field and on the fade in the red zone-- two areas where i don't think shanahan gave him enough opportunities. . .

before last year he said several times that he was working to improve his big-play production, but i think the combination of the hip and some lost confidence after he had a few fumbles kind of de-railed that. . . i think he still has a lot of room to make improvements to his game-- he's only 25, and three years removed from UCF. . . just because he's been way ahead of the curve for young receivers to this point doesn't mean that he doesn't still have a ton of upside and room for improvement as he continues to refine his route running, learn to read what defenses are doing to him and adjust accordingly, etc. . . i for one am really hoping that we get to see him fully healthy and playing for denver this year, and see if he can continue to improve his game. . . . last offseason he trained at chris carter's speed camp, and this year he worked with larry fitz and jerry rice-- that tells me that he's not satisfied and is looking for ways to take that next step. . .

TO didn't really explode until his third year as a starter, and i still think brandon can be closer to him than meshawn. . . only time will tell. . .

T.K.O.
07-30-2009, 05:51 PM
what a bunch of cancers! lets trade the whole team before they start to lose value.

no no...you have it all wrong,mcD saw that they were already so good it would'nt be fair for them to practice as much as the rest of the league.
so he is letting them go home and play madden while the rest of the nfl catches up !;)

T.K.O.
07-30-2009, 07:58 PM
i see your point-- but i don't think it's fair to assume that marshall has already reached his full potential after just two full years as a starter. . . it's true that he's never going to be a blazer, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he can't be a big-play threat. . . that's an aspect of his game that he hasn't shown a lot of yet, but the potential is there. . . he can make exciting plays with his tackle-breaking ability (remember the 70-yard catch-and-run against seattle in cutler's first start?), and he has the strength and the frame to be very dangerous on jump balls down the field and on the fade in the red zone-- two areas where i don't think shanahan gave him enough opportunities. . .

before last year he said several times that he was working to improve his big-play production, but i think the combination of the hip and some lost confidence after he had a few fumbles kind of de-railed that. . . i think he still has a lot of room to make improvements to his game-- he's only 25, and three years removed from UCF. . . just because he's been way ahead of the curve for young receivers to this point doesn't mean that he doesn't still have a ton of upside and room for improvement as he continues to refine his route running, learn to read what defenses are doing to him and adjust accordingly, etc. . . i for one am really hoping that we get to see him fully healthy and playing for denver this year, and see if he can continue to improve his game. . . . last offseason he trained at chris carter's speed camp, and this year he worked with larry fitz and jerry rice-- that tells me that he's not satisfied and is looking for ways to take that next step. . .

TO didn't really explode until his third year as a starter, and i still think brandon can be closer to him than meshawn. . . only time will tell. . .

absolutely correct on all counts ! great post... he has also been dealing with being dbl covered on a team with no true running threat that could all change in the next year or 2:salute:

WARHORSE
07-30-2009, 08:04 PM

:mad:

Men have been shot for lesser things.............

Greatspirits
07-30-2009, 08:52 PM
Maybe they have something else planned for 4:20.

Lol! No, that was during the Travis Henry days!!

horsepig
07-30-2009, 09:13 PM

Aint gonna happen with this attitude, anywhere.

Italianmobstr7
07-30-2009, 11:58 PM
Lol! No, that was during the Travis Henry days!!

And the Mike Anderson days...