PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos discover offensive balance in their preseason opener

Denver Native (Carol)
08-11-2012, 10:23 AM
It was only a smattering of plays on a rainy August night in Chicago in a game that didn't count, but Broncos running back Willis McGahee said it's a sign of things to come.

"If you think about it, you have Peyton Manning and you have this offense that is a running offense," McGahee said. "You have Peyton Manning throwing the ball when he wants to and he has a run game when he needs it. That's a lot for a defense to think about."

In the era of B.M. — Before Manning — or at least in the season before Manning's arrival in Denver, the Broncos tied for the NFL lead in rushing attempts (546) and led the league in rushing with 2,632 yards. The bulk of that damage to defenses came from an option-based offense built for Tim Tebow.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21286955/denver-broncos-discover-offensive-balance-their-preseason-opener

tomjonesrocks
08-11-2012, 10:59 AM
The running stats from last year were completely inflated because Tebow couldn't pass. I wish they would stop talking about how awesome Denver's run game is. It isn't.

Hopefully McGahee has one year left--he's getting close to the age RBs wake up in the morning done. He looks great so far. Behind him without yet seeing what Hillman can do I am thoroughly unimpressed. They may need to find a spot for Oman though if he can run like that against starters.

underrated29
08-11-2012, 12:02 PM
The running stats from last year were completely inflated because Tebow couldn't pass. I wish they would stop talking about how awesome Denver's run game is. It isn't.

Hopefully McGahee has one year left--he's getting close to the age RBs wake up in the morning done. He looks great so far. Behind him without yet seeing what Hillman can do I am thoroughly unimpressed. They may need to find a spot for Oman though if he can run like that against starters.

Willis and knowshon both averaged 4 or more than 4 yards per touch.....I'd say that's not shabby

Ravage!!!
08-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Willis and knowshon both averaged 4 or more than 4 yards per touch.....I'd say that's not shabby

I hope it stays that way, but since its only pre-season it really means squat. I do , however, believe that the running game will be fine since we fnally have a passing game to keep the defense honest. McGahee will benefit from having some space. The OL will benefit as well.

blamkin86
08-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Someone else on here said this - I really hope Oz and Omon get to run with the twos next Saturday. I wanna see more of both against better competition.