PDA

View Full Version : Ozzy

WARHORSE
08-10-2012, 01:53 PM
We didnt get to see much, but what wasnt to like?

1. The man had command.

2. He audibled at the LOS into the right play.

3. My favorite: He got rid of the ball very quickly.

4. He showed accuracy.

5. Rocket arm.

6. He made some nice throws in tight windows and hit the mark.

I aint annointing him.......but the kid had a nice showing for himself.

By next week, we'll be saying, "Caleb Hu?"

BeefStew25
08-10-2012, 02:22 PM
I think he needs to invest in some laser tattoo removal on his stupid inner bicep ink jobs. Pisses me off.

silkamilkamonico
08-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Agreed.

Not bad for a 21 year old kid.

CoachChaz
08-10-2012, 02:29 PM
My biggest concerns with Oz were his maturity on the field. But he eliminated a few of those for me. Yeah...just one pre-season game, but it's nice to see he at least has it in him.

BroncoWave
08-10-2012, 02:37 PM
I think he needs to invest in some laser tattoo removal on his stupid inner bicep ink jobs. Pisses me off.

I'm surprised you took a break from checking out his ass to even notice the biceps.

NightTerror218
08-10-2012, 02:44 PM
I think he is going to be brought along very slowly. He should get playing time in blowouts (i hope in our favor).

DenBronx
08-11-2012, 01:16 AM
Brock looked great last night! I must say I am very impressed of what little I have seen so far. He reminds me a bit of Drew Bledsoe but way more athletic.

3 guys stood out to me. Brock, Wolfe and Irving. I hope these guys really continue to grow.

And one last thing....how about we don't call Brock, Oz or Ozzy. It's kinda gay....

Simple Jaded
08-11-2012, 02:06 AM
All ABOOOAAAARD! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......

muse
08-11-2012, 07:54 AM
And one last thing....how about we don't call Brock, Oz or Ozzy. It's kinda gay....

Agreed, it should be Brozzy Broz.

iLands
08-11-2012, 08:55 AM
I call him Brocko.

WARHORSE
08-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Brock looked great last night! I must say I am very impressed of what little I have seen so far. He reminds me a bit of Drew Bledsoe but way more athletic.

3 guys stood out to me. Brock, Wolfe and Irving. I hope these guys really continue to grow.

Never thought of Brock or Ozzy as gay........but go figure.

Guess ya gotta hook a guy to the chin every time ya say it. heh heh

gregbroncs
08-11-2012, 10:12 AM
Even Weber looked better than Hanie. I really hope Hanie is the odd man out. I don't think much of him as our backup QB.

But Brock looked pretty good from what I saw.

tomjonesrocks
08-11-2012, 10:43 AM
I was pretty against this pick, but O looked OK to me. I prefer strong armed QBs and he definitely has a live arm.

I listened to Denver radio online for quite a few hours at work yesterday and most of them seemed very pleased with Hanie's performance. I don't get it. Weber showed a lot more I thought than Hanie did.

Day1BroncoFan
08-12-2012, 03:45 PM

How about we call him the wizard of oz?

chazoe60
08-12-2012, 04:00 PM
I think the people bashing Hanie for his performance Thursday night are biased and would have hated anything he did. He didn't look bad at all and he did it against some starters and the #2s, while Osweiler and Weber played against mostly #3s and 4s. Not bashing thise two either, just confused on what others saw as so bad by Hanie. I don't get it.

I think there's a lot of Buff fans on the board I guess. :laugh: I was impressed with all of our QBs. It's been a long time since I could say that after a preseason game.

MOtorboat
08-12-2012, 05:05 PM
I think the people bashing Hanie for his performance Thursday night are biased and would have hated anything he did. He didn't look bad at all and he did it against some starters and the #2s, while Osweiler and Weber played against mostly #3s and 4s. Not bashing thise two either, just confused on what others saw as so bad by Hanie. I don't get it.

I think there's a lot of Buff fans on the board I guess. :laugh: I was impressed with all of our QBs. It's been a long time since I could say that after a preseason game.

I just rewatched Hanie's first drive, and I think that may have influenced people's opinions about him immediately.

After the Miller fumble recovery, he was 0-2. Both passes were overthrown. The first pass to Ingram was overthrown. Hanie looked upset at Ingram for letting up on the route, but it looked over-thrown to me. The second to Willis in the end zone was way over thrown. It looked like a tight-bunch, trips left formation that tries to flood the right side of the field and Willis was open, but Hanie overthrew him.

From there on out he was 7-12, 79 yards.

MOtorboat
08-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Second drive, passes started off with a dump to Willis. Looked like everyone was covered deep. The third play of the drive was a scramble for the first down (note for those who scream "But Tebow": he read several progressions before being flushed...). Third pass play called was a play-fake to Willis. Pretty good play fake, looked like he was tentative on the throw, but Willis was wide open. Good gain. Next pass was an overthrown deep ball to an open Caldwell. Defender was playing to the pylon and Caldwell broke inside. Hanie threw it inside and Caldwell couldn't get to it. On 3rd and 13 he was sacked. Held the ball too long and scrambled right.

Third drive, third and short, nice pass to Andre Caldwell on slant with tight coverage by TE and MLB coming over to help. Throw away. Sacked.

Fourth drive, screen to Moreno. Play-fake, seem-pass to Ingram. Loved that play. Caught the linebackers sneaking up, and lofted to the tight end, just under the safeties for a good gain. Play-fake, this was the flip to Ball when he was getting sacked, went for no gain (holding was called on the defense). Quick in to Hill down to the 2. Good pass, better play-after-catch by Hill. (This was the TD drive, when Ball scored).

Fifth drive, hurry up, pass to Willis on out route. Willis was in the slot, whoever was on the outside ran and up, and Willis cut underneath. Hanie hit him in stride. Play fake was batted away. Bad pass, no velocity on it and it was tipped away, intended for Ingram on another seem. Got to put some zip on that, because you have the defense fooled. Deep throw into double coverage, almost picked. Throw away. (Drive included three scrambles and a sack). Resulted in a missed FG.

TXBRONC
08-13-2012, 11:32 AM

Hanie did ok but I wasn't impressed. Osweiler played better than Hanie.