PDA

View Full Version : Derek Wolfe....

WARHORSE
08-10-2012, 01:48 PM
I loved what I saw and think hes going to be an absolute stud before its done, white trash mustache and all. Hes gonna spark a revival in the trailer parks.

He still has alot of time in the weight room to go, but for someone as young as he is he shows great playing strength. He bull rushed from DT alot, totally according to scheme in most instances Im sure, but you can see his ability to get slippery real fast.

Seeing that at DT, Im loving that he can play anywhere on the line right now. He may not start early on, but he'll be awesome in the rotation and will eventually be knocking on someones door for their spot.

Endless motor.

Two toots.

Two thumbs up.

Four stars.

A Mile High Salute.

SPEAK!!!

Traveler
08-10-2012, 02:18 PM
I loved what I saw and think hes going to be an absolute stud before its done, white trash mustache and all. Hes gonna spark a revival in the trailer parks.

He still has alot of time in the weight room to go, but for someone as young as he is he shows great playing strength. He bull rushed from DT alot, totally according to scheme in most instances Im sure, but you can see his ability to get slippery real fast.

Seeing that at DT, Im loving that he can play anywhere on the line right now. He may not start early on, but he'll be awesome in the rotation and will eventually be knocking on someones door for their spot.

Endless motor.

Two toots.

Two thumbs up.

Four stars.

A Mile High Salute.

SPEAK!!!

Jared Allen 2.0 ;)

topscribe
08-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Don't know about that, Trav, but I did notice how the Chicago announcers
gushed over McClellin throughout the whole game with barely a mention of
Wolfe. I guess that's to be expected, but, even though McClellin played well,
Wolfe thoroughly outshined him, IMO.

BroncoWave
08-10-2012, 02:29 PM

I'm sure the Broncos announcers gushed over Wolfe much more than McClellin. What else would you expect? Hometown announcers are going to talk more about the hometown guys. I've heard much worse than these guys.

BeefStew25
08-10-2012, 02:30 PM
I like how his last name is a predator. If his last name was like Bunny or Fawn, I would think picking him was complete horseshit.

topscribe
08-10-2012, 02:32 PM
I'm sure the Broncos announcers gushed over Wolfe much more than McClellin. What else would you expect? Hometown announcers are going to talk more about the hometown guys. I've heard much worse than these guys.
Well, that's true, although I wasn't treated to the Denver announcers. But you do have a point.

But the Chicago announcers were still awful, IMO . . .

Traveler
08-10-2012, 02:37 PM

One can hope, no?

CoachChaz
08-10-2012, 02:41 PM
I dont know...Eric Swann was a stud for a little while, as was Lynn Swann. Jairus Bird is pretty good.

Only "weak" animal name s that come to mind right now

broncofaninfla
08-10-2012, 04:43 PM
I'm VERY happy with what i saw from Wolfe last night. The kid looks like a stud in the making. With that said I was happy with the DL in general. Granted Chicago has some OL issues but the DL did what you are suppossed to do. Great start!

G_Money
08-10-2012, 04:49 PM
My hope for Wolfe is to be an interior Vanden Bosch type. After one part of one pre-season game, he's on track. :lol:

~G

bcbronc
08-10-2012, 11:06 PM
I dont know...Eric Swann was a stud for a little while, as was Lynn Swann. Jairus Bird is pretty good.

Clearly you've never been up close to a swan. Aggressive demons in a pretty coat is what they are.

Davii
08-10-2012, 11:50 PM

Never heard of Jeffrey Kitten or Tony Hamster? That's because they sucked. Case closed.

WARHORSE
08-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Jared Allen 2.0 ;)

Definitely! I bet those two would be awesome (bwaha!) side by side in some cut off jeans that were too short and a couple of mullets to grind. (hide them from Beef though.....) They would be weekly guest stars on dog the bounty hunter.

Trailer park trash troubadours.

Broncfan1970
08-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Its becoming clear that this Elway guy knows how to draft talent. Wolfe was a steal in the 2nd

Ravage!!!
08-11-2012, 12:42 PM
I loved the Wolfe pick. I hope he continues proving. Still a long season ahead.

WARHORSE
08-11-2012, 01:12 PM
Wolfe hasnt arrived yet. But you cant help but see the possibilities.

Put it this way, I havent seen nor heard anything I dont like from him.

I give him three WAR patties. heh heh

12and4
08-12-2012, 03:55 AM
WMD

Wolfe Miller Doom

Canmore
08-12-2012, 03:58 AM
WMD

Wolfe Miller Doom

Now they have to play like it. I love the possibilities.

TXBRONC
08-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Wolfe played well in his first action but I'm sure about expecting him to be like Jared Allen. That's not a slam on him, Allen is the anchor of Vikings pass rush here Wolfe isn't going to be looked to get double digit sacks. Now if he can get double digit sack that would be great but I'm not sure that's the expectation of Fox and Elway.

LTC Pain
08-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Say hello to my little friend - Wolfe Von Doom :) Sounds like some kind of damn super-monster in a horror movie!

D1g1tal j1m
08-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Wolfe will be starting opposite of Doom by mid season. He will make our pass rush even more potent as teams stack the line against Doom and Miller and Wolfe has the one on one match-ups...

Chef Zambini
08-12-2012, 11:17 AM

Endless motor.
Two toots.

Two thumbs up.

Four stars.

A Mile High Salute.

SPEAK!!! I love what you are saying but we passed on TWO opportunities to draft in the FIRST round,,,TWO!; so if wolfe is not a starter, I would be dissapointed! wolfe aside, I expect EVERY FRDC to be able to START, now back to WOLFE, given our talent pool at DL and his touted "versaatiliy" I would be doubly bummed if he could not make a place for himself in our starting rotation!

and spare me this long term shinola!
PM has a 3-5 year window and I am an old man, with a fast closing window too !
lets go wolfe! justify your selection!

Chef Zambini
08-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Say hello to my little friend - Wolfe Von Doom :) Sounds like some kind of damn super-monster in a horror movie!
Doom Von Wolfe
Von wolfe doom

MOtorboat
08-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Doom Von Wolfe
Von wolfe doom

Who cares? They can't stop the run, right?

Wolfe is going to be a key piece, I think. Good pick up.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Finally, as Derek Wolfe planted his hand in the Soldier Field dirt Thursday night, he was staring down a live target. After weeks of being told "Don't touch the quarterback," Wolfe couldn't wait to start a pass rush and finish it. Sure, Thursday was just a preseason game, and nothing that happened in Chicago will stick on Wolfe's NFL record. But with two sacks and another tackle for a loss, Wolfe made a good first impression.

"Obviously I want to be starting, so I'm going to do what I have to do to start. I'll keep my head down, keep grinding, keep pushing," Wolfe said. "You get what you deserve in this league. And if you deserve to start, they'll put you in there."

It's exactly the type of statement the Broncos expect to hear from their top pick. Still, he was largely an unknown prospect when the Broncos drafted him at No. 36 in April.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21293282/denver-broncos-rookie-defensive-lineman-derek-wolfe-big

iLands
08-15-2012, 08:31 PM
Teen Wolfe: http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/football/recruiting/player-Derek-Wolfe-64072

Chef Zambini
08-16-2012, 12:54 AM

Only "weak" animal name s that come to mind right nowlance alworth, on e of the greatest WR of the AFL a member of the hall of fame, and considered one of the greatest chargers of all time;
his nickname was "BAMBI"

BroncoNut
08-16-2012, 09:22 AM

Endless motor.

Two toots.

Two thumbs up.

Four stars.

A Mile High Salute.

SPEAK!!!

and one game.

topscribe
08-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Wolfe will be starting opposite of Doom by mid season. He will make our pass rush even more potent as teams stack the line against Doom and Miller and Wolfe has the one on one match-ups...
Well, thanks to Hunter's injury, I guess Wolfe is already there . . .

topscribe
08-16-2012, 10:22 AM
lance alworth, on e of the greatest WR of the AFL a member of the hall of fame, and considered one of the greatest chargers of all time;
his nickname was "BAMBI"
Ah, memories . . .

Even though I was a Broncos fan, I loved watching Lance "Bambi" Alworth and his gazelle-esque movements on the field . . .

Denver Native (Carol)
08-16-2012, 10:29 AM
The Broncos can no longer rely on linebacker D.J. Willliams, a talented 30-year-old linebacker who acts like a child who should be sent to his room without dinner.

This team needs a new hero.

Enter rookie defensive lineman Derek Wolfe, a 300-pound ray of light very much welcome in a bring-me-no-more-bad-news week for your local NFL team.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_21323482/wolfe-needed-help-pull-load