PDA

View Full Version : Lakers finalizing trade for Dwight Howard

CrazyHorse
08-10-2012, 04:53 AM
Source-
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--lakers--magic-in-blockbuster-four-team-trade-talks-to-send-dwight-howard-to-l-a-.html

The Los Angeles Lakers are finalizing a blockbuster four-team trade to acquire Dwight Howard from the Orlando Magic, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Three agents with players in the deal said the teams are expected to complete the trade on a call with league officials on Friday. As of late Thursday, Magic officials had yet to inform Howard a deal had been consummated.

The Lakers will send All-Star center Andrew Bynum to the Philadelphia 76ers, who also will receive shooting guard Jason Richardson from the Orlando Magic. The Sixers will send guard Andre Iguodala to the Denver Nuggets. The Magic will receive Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic, rookie swingman Moe Harkless, three first-round draft picks and a 2013 second-round pick from the Nuggets (by way of Golden State). In addition to Howard, the Lakers will also receive Earl Clark and Chris Duhon from the Magic.

Lakers forward Pau Gasol had been in previous scenarios of the trade, but his representatives have since been assured he's no longer in the deal, league sources told Y! Sports.

Orlando, Los Angeles and Philadelphia had discussed a three-way deal, but needed a fourth team to take Iguodala and also provide Orlando with the necessary future draft picks, sources said. Denver joined the talks in the past week, sources said.

It sucks the NBA is so broken that there are only a few really good teams and small market teams can't compete. I shouldn't complain though since I'm a Laker fan(Minneapolis Lakers) because I never see the Timberwolves winning anything.

Canmore
08-10-2012, 05:00 AM
Source-
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--lakers--magic-in-blockbuster-four-team-trade-talks-to-send-dwight-howard-to-l-a-.html

It sucks the NBA is so broken that there are only a few really good teams and small market teams can't compete. I shouldn't complain though since I'm a Laker fan(Minneapolis Lakers) because I never see the Timberwolves winning anything.

I'm thrilled! The Lakers picked up Howard and only gave up Bynum.

CoachChaz
08-10-2012, 08:47 AM
Hard to complain as long as things fall within the salary cap. But the Lakers should be nasty this year. Nash, Kobe, Peace, Gasol, Howard is as close to an All-Star starting 5 as you're going to find.

chazoe60
08-10-2012, 08:51 AM
Wouldn't it be hilarious if Stern put the kibosh on another Laker trade? :laugh:

Ravage!!!
08-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Didn't a small market Oklahoma City team, just go to the finals last year?? :confused:

CoachChaz
08-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Didn't a small market Oklahoma City team, just go to the finals last year?? :confused:

Yeah...they looked like they belonged there, too.

Ravage!!!
08-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Yeah...they looked like they belonged there, too.

Miami was definitely the best team in the NBA.

But can't say small market teams can't compete if htey are going to the finals.

Traveler
08-10-2012, 10:16 AM
Nuggets give up three 1st round picks & a 2013 2nd?

CoachChaz
08-10-2012, 10:21 AM
Miami was definitely the best team in the NBA.

But can't say small market teams can't compete if htey are going to the finals.

Well...San Antonio is technically a small market team. But when your city is only funding one major sports team, it takes the "small market" notion out of the equation a bit. Sports fans in OKC and SA dont have the option to spend their money on any other sport or on any other merchandise. That helps. Ask the Spurs

OrangeHoof
08-10-2012, 10:31 AM
OKC has OU for entertainment dollars. It's not "pro" but it definitely counts.

The Rockets have got to be crushed. They unloaded almost every good player so they could acquire Howard (a dumb move, if you ask me) and now they are left to market Jeremy Lin.

CoachChaz
08-10-2012, 11:19 AM
OKC has OU for entertainment dollars. It's not "pro" but it definitely counts.

The Rockets have got to be crushed. They unloaded almost every good player so they could acquire Howard (a dumb move, if you ask me) and now they are left to market Jeremy Lin.

They have their share of rookies to hope pan out. Plus they'll be players for Howard next year. Not sure they can beat the Mavs money and DW's desire to play there, but any team that mortgages the future on a one year player is silly and deserves what they get.

Chef Zambini
08-13-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm thrilled! The Lakers picked up Howard and only gave up Bynum.i forecast this very move last year and re-stated it this year in june!
its what the lakers always do, aquire the best big man in the game!
Bynum has always been too immature for the bright lights of LA.
I hate the lakers, but now that nash is a laker, I would be happy to see him get a ring, you see, love does concour hate.
I stil cant stand kobe.

MOtorboat
08-13-2012, 08:14 PM
i forecast this very move last year and re-stated it this year in june!
its what the lakers always do, aquire the best big man in the game!
Bynum has always been too immature for the bright lights of LA.
I hate the lakers, but now that nash is a laker, I would be happy to see him get a ring, you see, love does concour hate.
I stil cant stand kobe.

Your foresight in unmatched.

:rolleyes:

Chef Zambini
08-16-2012, 10:25 PM
Your foresight in unmatched.

:rolleyes:your foreskin is unmatched.