PDA

View Full Version : Marshall, D.J. Williams miss practice again

Lonestar
07-29-2009, 03:25 PM
By Mike Chambers
The Denver Post

Posted: 07/29/2009 01:12:07 PM MDT
Updated: 07/29/2009 01:23:57 PM MDT

D.J. Williams (55) loosens up before practice Tuesday. (John Leyba | The Denver Post)Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall and linebacker D.J. Williams did not participate in training camp drills today. The disgruntled receiver was absent for the second consecutive day and Williams, a co-captain last year, missed his second practice in three days.

Williams was ill Monday, but both veterans are complaining of soreness. They remained inside the club's complex during an hour-long practice with mostly rookies and quarterbacks.

Coach Josh McDaniels said it is his standard procedure to shield any injured player from the field, even though viewing his new systems might benefit injured onlookers.

"They'll get all the teaching and coaching that everyone else gets in the meeting room," McDaniels said. "Every drill that we need filmed is going to be filmed They won't get any less coaching."

McDaniels said the same rule will be in effect when veterans report Friday. All injured players will be quarantined to the training room during on-field drills, and rejoin the rest of the team in post-practice meetings.

"If we have 12 guys, or 10 guys, that can't participate in a practice because they're banged up, we don't need all those guys just hanging around on the field," McDaniels said. "There are going to be enough people on the field as it is."

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12938268?source=rss

underrated29
07-29-2009, 03:32 PM
hope they heal quick.

Same for wes wood. Since i think he is on pup.

Lonestar
07-29-2009, 03:35 PM
hope they heal quick.

Same for wes wood. Since i think he is on pup.

he was practicing yesterday wearing a knee brace.... he was ill with the flu on monday took IV to get his fuilds back and was able to practice on Tuesday.... off PUP

dogfish
07-29-2009, 04:47 PM
wait, so now DJ's holding out too?

underrated29
07-29-2009, 04:47 PM
he was practicing yesterday wearing a knee brace.... he was ill with the flu on monday took IV to get his fuilds back and was able to practice on Tuesday.... off PUP

hoo-rah.

NightTrainLayne
07-29-2009, 05:06 PM
If DJ and BM are sore from one work-out on Monday. . . .

Sounds like McD's practices are a little more intense than Shanny's. Hope the Vet's aren't too out of shape.

Dortoh
07-29-2009, 05:32 PM

Thats what I read into it :laugh:

bronc kid
07-29-2009, 06:04 PM
im hoping that they arent seriously hurt and that they can get back out there to practice in a couple of days

i am also hoping that the broncos players arent just saying they are hurt and taking advantage of josh mcdaniels policies

TXBRONC
07-29-2009, 09:17 PM

Absolutely, because it couldn't have anything to do with both players coming off serious injuries. ;)

slim
07-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Absolutely, because it couldn't have anything to do with both players coming off serious injuries. ;)

Hell no.

Josh is the anti-christ.

Dirk
07-30-2009, 06:09 AM
I don't want to get beat down here...but a serious question.

D.J. may be one of the better LB's we have had in the past 4 years...but is he really that good? I watch him play and think....why is everyone always touting his praise?

He is mediocre at best IMO. I think it is because we have had such crappy defenses that he stands out a little more than usual. Simply because everyone else around him has sucked the big goose egg.

Anyway, I hope they both get better but please...someone educate me as to why D.J. is so highly regarded...as a player on the field...I just don't get it. His stats are no where near the really good LBs in the league.

EastCoastBronco
07-30-2009, 06:40 AM

D.J. may be one of the better LB's we have had in the past 4 years...but is he really that good? I watch him play and think....why is everyone always touting his praise?

He is mediocre at best IMO. I think it is because we have had such crappy defenses that he stands out a little more than usual. Simply because everyone else around him has sucked the big goose egg.

Anyway, I hope they both get better but please...someone educate me as to why D.J. is so highly regarded...as a player on the field...I just don't get it. His stats are no where near the really good LBs in the league.

It's because of the cool visor.

Traveler
07-30-2009, 07:21 AM

My guess is that his stats would be among the other top LB's in the league, but the previous staff stunted his development by moving him around so often. DJ is best suited for the weak or jack position.

Elevation inc
07-30-2009, 07:51 AM

ths isnt entirely true are piss poor coaching staff knew DJ was they best LB they had which is why the kept moving him to a role whenever a scrub left....Dj had a very solid year at WLb and was bumped to SLB for ian gold to play WLB, DJ actually had his best of his first 3 years there at SLB but he hates the position with a passion. He played MLB for the first time and struggled at times but afetr being moved 2 times having a incompetent DC and a pourous DL struggle was obviously going to come.

Last year he played WLB and before he got hurt he actually was playing at a very high level the injury hurt him....

Now he is going to a role tailor made for his skill set. The jack lB spot in the 3-4 he wont be asked to cover TE's and exorbirant amount of times he wont be asked to chip TE's or shed blocks all the time.....he will be a roaming type player allowed to make plays which is exactly what he did last year.

him and woodyard are clones they are designed for WLB or jack Lb in the 3-4, if they are allowed to stay there DJ could have a pro bowl type season.....woodyard provides a standout back-up to him its very rare to have that depth at Jack LB in the 3-4 and we are lucky to have them there.....

just my 2 cents:salute:

Dirk
07-30-2009, 09:36 AM
That's cool. I hope he is all that he can be!! Anything for the betterment of the Broncos!

slim
08-02-2009, 11:47 PM

No, he isn't that good.

Great athlete with shit for brains.