PDA

View Full Version : Still have not played a turnover free game since Novmeber Last year

Medford Bronco
10-29-2007, 11:16 PM
I am sorry but turnovers kill you

the fumble was what cost Denver the game IMO

that was a HUGE swing in momentum.

It has been a long long time, almost a year playing a turnover free game.

YOu need to be clean on offense when your defense sucks to have a chance to win games.

I am so sick of it really the fumbles etc.

Its not all Cutlers fault but he deserves some blame and our offensive line
needs to change styles to a more traditional one.

The one for Plummer is not made for Cutler IMO.
but I am just a chooch in Boston and Shanny aint gonna listen to me :laugh:

Medford Bronco
10-29-2007, 11:34 PM
I guess I am the only one that thinks this is why we lost
or a big reason why:confused:

Stargazer
10-29-2007, 11:36 PM
I believe Kuper knocked the ball out of Cutler's hands. I mean what are you suppose to do or say? Poop happens.

Escobar
10-29-2007, 11:37 PM
didn't see the game, but saw the fumble on espn, it seems like the broncos could of won this game couple of different times. That holding call on your reciever was a bs call if u ask me.

Stargazer
10-29-2007, 11:39 PM
didn't see the game, but saw the fumble on espn, it seems like the broncos could of won this game couple of different times. That holding call on your reciever was a bs call if u ask me.

Yes it was. 1st and goal. But, the refs were flag happy today. This one play Denver didn't benefit from the refs. Oh well...

Medford Bronco
10-29-2007, 11:46 PM
I believe Kuper knocked the ball out of Cutler's hands. I mean what are you suppose to do or say? Poop happens.

Its not that, I understand where you are coming from
but I just think turnovers will kill you and wasnt the last
QB run out of town for that :confused:

not that I do not like Cutler but he needs to make sure etc.

Just be more aware. its not like he has the 1985 Bears defense helping him or anyting

DenBronx
10-29-2007, 11:52 PM

its CHRIS POOPER

DenBronx
10-29-2007, 11:53 PM
if we have walker and henry in this game i think we get 21+ points this game and the W.

Walker is a huge loss.

Stargazer
10-30-2007, 12:05 AM
Its not that, I understand where you are coming from
but I just think turnovers will kill you and wasnt the last
QB run out of town for that :confused:

not that I do not like Cutler but he needs to make sure etc.

Just be more aware. its not like he has the 1985 Bears defense helping him or anyting

That turnover killed everything. The offense was on a roll in the 1st half. You can in no way blame Cutler for that. Ball is snapped, Kuper instantly slides over and knocked the ball out of Cutler's hands. It totally sucked. But, what can you do?

Plummer was run out of town for obvious reasons. He clearly sucked at throwing the ball. The guy was a damn gamer, but his deficiances just really hurt the Broncos, and the AFC Championship game he was finally and truly exposed. He could never bring th Broncos back from behind. It was all controlled and that's how he excelled. Cutler, almost won the game tonight, AGAIN bringing this team back in the 4th quarter. That out pass to I think Marshall was just a little off for the TD. But, Cutler did his job. I mean my oh my how many f'n times does the defense f'n fail. Just look at ALL the starts going back to last season. The defense just rolls over and f'n dies. I'm so sick and tired of the failed defense going back to last year. The Broncos would have been in the playoffs last year if the D didn't roll over. Seriously, Cutler has played great for a young QB which I believe now is 12 starts. It's the f'n defense that just f'n sucks! Rant!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Stargazer
10-30-2007, 12:08 AM
Walker is a huge loss.

HUUUGE loss. He is totally missed. Just think of 65 yard bomb to Walker for a TD in Arizona. Where's the stretching of the field since/when he's been gone? Remember folks, Walker out really hurts Brandon Marshall.

omac
10-31-2007, 02:39 AM

Here are some stats that will both prove your point, and debunk it, depending on which teams you look at.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=givetake&pos=off&league=nfc&order=true&season=2&year=2007

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=givetake&league=nfc&year=2007

If you look at the AFC, it's a pretty compelling case; the teams with the least giveaways and most takeaways are the ones with the better records, except for Buffalo, which has few turnovers and lots of takeaways, yet they have a losing record.

If you look at the NFC, of the 4 teams with the least amount of giveaways, only Seattle has a (just slightly) winning record. In fact 2 of the top 3 teams in take-aways/give-aways have 2 or less wins this season.

Then you look at Washington, who gives the ball away a lot, yet they have a winning record.

I don't adhere to that opinion. The game was not lost on that play, but it was big.

Denver had a shot at winning the game all throughout the game, even heading in to the overtime. The turnover hurt, but it surely didn't knock Denver out. They were in contention the whole game, as they even went into overtime.

YOu need to be clean on offense when your defense sucks to have a chance to win games.

It's difficult to have a turnover free game, specially with a young team that's had so many injuries to starters. Just look at the offensive line (which doesn't have it's #1 center and guard), the receivers (#1 WR out), and runningback (#1 RB out). Even without that, it's difficult to execute cleanly, and it's more difficult since the other team's defense is trying to cause turnovers. Even top tier teams like NE and Indy have turnovers, few as they are. Several teams with good records have quite a few turnovers for the year, and some of them even have veteran starters.

And here's where our opinions differ. If your defense sucks, then they have a difficult time not only in stopping the opponent, but in causing turnovers, so if the focus of the offense is to be error-free by being more conservative, they wouldn't give themselves much of a chance to win. With a poor defense, the offense has to take chances, and with that comes more turnovers.

No matter, Denver had a chance to win the game throughout the whole game. Even with the one turnover, they had a chance to win. The defense also didn't do too badly, considering GB only had 13 points going into overtime. So, no, the turnover didn't cost Denver the game.

Ofcourse everyone wants to have no giveaways, and a bunch of takeaways. But what are the realistic options?

We could throw the ball much less and try to rely purely on the running game. It could work, but it sure hasn't for the Vikings (one of the best at it), who because of their (lack of) offensive style is very predictable. And they have a pretty good run defense.

We could also be more conservative in the plays we run ... ah wait, we have been doing that already, and it's hurting our offensive production.

Then again, we could just be like the Colts and the Patriots on offense. Cutler could miraculously turn into Brady and Manning, 2 of the best, most experienced starting quarterbacks in the league in barely his first full season. Our young replacement offensive line could be like solid, steady, experienced ones of Indy and NE. But expecting that is not very realistic. Players need time to be consistent.

Not much after that, i'd say. On Kuper bumping the ball out of Cutler's hands ... that's just a bad break. What are they gonna do? Have Kuper practice not bumping Cutler's hands?

Cutler threw no interceptions on the game. None of our runningbacks or widereceivers fumbled and gave the ball away to the opposition. This is as clean as it gets. If we managed to have this few turnovers per game, we'd tie for some of the fewest turnovers in the league.

The WR timing between Cutler and Marshall will be different from the one with Walker. Also, though Young played well, Travis is at a different league. No matter, those didn't have anything to do with turnovers this game.

The fumble turnover hurt us, but it didn't cost us the game. We had a chance to win, as did GB, and they just beat us.

speardog
10-31-2007, 04:27 AM

That fumble was all Cutler's fault. He was too slow getting back. No way should the pulling guard beat you like that. I think Cutler just hesitated. He is going to make mistakes, but he played a very good game. When he gets more experience and the offense gets healthy Denver is going to score some points.

Nomad
11-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Well Med, I tried to be positive about not having TO's in this game and the BRONCOS proved me wrong!