PDA

View Full Version : The espn dudes

tireman357
10-29-2007, 10:56 PM
I think they are in love with farvre. I got sick of how many time they said his name, so in the 4th qrt. and ot I counted.

Guess how many.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-29-2007, 10:59 PM
I'll take a shot - 15

DenBronx
10-29-2007, 11:04 PM
but they also praised cutler. much respect is given out to legends of the game. favre has always been a classy guy and he deserves it.

underrated29
10-29-2007, 11:06 PM
ima go with 34.

Medford Bronco
10-29-2007, 11:06 PM
They used to do it for Elway, Marino, Montana, Young, Kelley etc as they
all earned it

Favre has earned it. He should not get any ill will from Us IMO

sneakers
10-29-2007, 11:07 PM
I think they are in love with farvre. I got sick of how many time they said his name, so in the 4th qrt. and ot I counted.

Guess how many.

They showed his wife on tv 37,932 times!

Escobar
10-29-2007, 11:09 PM
all earned it

Exactly...they will do it to any of those qbs you mention.:salute: (throw in bernie!) :D

NameUsedBefore
10-29-2007, 11:09 PM
The amount of shots of Favre on the bench and his wife in the stands was disgusting.

Favre's a great player, but the media rides his jock so much...

Nomad
10-29-2007, 11:10 PM
all earned it

True! Favre has earned his recognition! Especially showing off two of the better corners in the NFL tonight!

Medford Bronco
10-29-2007, 11:11 PM
The amount of shots of Favre on the bench and his wife in the stands was disgusting.

Agreed but Its not Favres fault its happening

They did the same in Super Bowl 32 for Elway and his wife.

its the media that sucks and get used to Indy vs Pats
a zillion times this week

broncosfanscott
10-29-2007, 11:16 PM

Guess how many.

I totally understand and I got a little annoyed after awhile. He is a future HOFer and deserves it, yet it just seemed like Favre was the only one there.

They did give Cutler his credit and I am glad for that.

tireman357
10-29-2007, 11:17 PM
Agreed but Its not Favres fault its happening

They did the same in Super Bowl 32 for Elway and his wife.

its the media that sucks and get used to Indy vs Pats
a zillion times this week

For those who have guessed not even close. I would like to get a tally on the game.

DenBronx
10-29-2007, 11:20 PM

i will say that got annoying. they kept showing favres wife and her little pink quartet. stupid packer fans....i hate them all.

tough week for colorado fans.

sneakers
10-29-2007, 11:22 PM
i will say that got annoying. they kept showing favres wife and her little pink quartet. stupid packer fans....i hate them all.

tough week for colorado fans.

I have already had at least 10 say something or laugh at me on my way to work.

tireman357
10-29-2007, 11:30 PM
I have already had at least 10 say something or laugh at me on my way to work.

Ok so I'm going to bed so here it is .

Drum roll..............................

58 times.
That is what you call a love afair. I know they said it more then this in the first qrt. If anyone is bored I would love to know a tally on the game.

Stargazer
10-30-2007, 12:26 AM
They showed his wife on tv 37,932 times!

Yes they did and that got really old, and she's barf. I don't mind the praise of Favre. Yes it was a bit obnoxious and getting old. But, finding every Packer fan in the stadium to show on tv. Oh, that blowed hard.

lex
10-30-2007, 01:21 AM
but they also praised cutler. much respect is given out to legends of the game. favre has always been a classy guy and he deserves it.
I dont know about that. I know he is revered but I also know that he does a lot that people look the other way on...and Im not talking about dumb interceptions. Anyone remember when he fell down so Strahan could break the sack record...there wasnt a lot of integrity with that. Plus Ive also seen him more than once throw a forward pass when beyond the LOS just to avoid being hit. Again, not a lot of integrity with that...especially for someone who is supposed to be so tough.

LoyalSoldier
10-30-2007, 01:22 AM
I wasn't sure if I was watching a biography or a football game.

lex
10-30-2007, 01:35 AM
I wasn't sure if I was watching a biography or a football game.

Yeah, between Chris Berman in the broadcast booth for playoff baseball and Kornheiser in the booth for MNF and Stuart Scott on hand for anything, they pretty much ruin every thing. I think King Midas had a brother named ESPEN and he had the opposite gift of Midas in addition to a propensity for hyperbole.

sneakers
10-30-2007, 01:46 AM
Yeah, between Chris Berman in the broadcast booth for playoff baseball and Kornheiser in the booth for MNF and Stuart Scott on hand for anything, they pretty much ruin every thing. I think King Midas had a brother named ESPEN and he had the opposite gift of Midas in addition to a propensity for hyperbole.

Hahaha, Lex you were totally right about Kornheiser.

SR
10-30-2007, 04:07 AM
I think Jaws is in love with Cutler, to be honest. Even Tony Cornhole told him ON THE AIR that it sounded like he was developing a man crush on Cutler. I laughed my ass off.

sneakers
10-30-2007, 04:13 AM
I think Jaws is in love with Cutler, to be honest. Even Tony Cornhole told him ON THE AIR that it sounded like he was developing a man crush on Cutler. I laughed my ass off.

I heard that too! Then did you notice the 3 seconds of ackward silence that fallowed it until the next play started?

SR
10-30-2007, 04:20 AM
I heard that too! Then did you notice the 3 seconds of ackward silence that fallowed it until the next play started?

I was laughing so damn hard because I was thinking the same thing. I also was thinking that when John Madden was going on and on about Cutler last week vs Pitt.

sneakers
10-30-2007, 04:27 AM
I was laughing so damn hard because I was thinking the same thing. I also was thinking that when John Madden was going on and on about Cutler last week vs Pitt.

Madden also goes on and on about Favre...I think he has spoken about Cutler though.

You know who is famous for making ackward comments in the booth?
Phil Simms. Here are some of the things he has said:

http://www.outsports.com/nfl/2004/1108simmshomoerotic.htm (it's a gay (as in homosexual) site)

In talking about a season-long NFL picks contest with fellow CBS analyst Boomer Esiason, Simms said: "Boomer's throwing that love out to me, being nice. I don't like it. I like a little friction." Ever hear of lube? (Dec. 31, 2006)

During a promo for the CBS pregame show, Simms saw a picture of a leaner Dan Marino (now doing Weight Watchers commercials) and said, “Dan Marino’s looking trim.” Simms’ partner Jim Nantz saw a Simms photo and said, “You are a handsome guy.” (Sept. 10, 2006)

Simms added to his list of homoerotic comments, with two in the fourth quarter of the Patriots-Broncos game.

When partner Jim Nantz was promoting the Colts-Steelers telecast, Simms said, “We get to hear **** Enberg and Dan Dierdorf.” Nantz: “And Armen Keteyian. …” Simms: “Big Armen, gonna be looking good on the sidelines.”

Later, the camera showed Steve Plummer, the dad of Broncos QB Jake Plummer, both sporting beards. Said Simms: “You see Jake Plummer’s dad. Their beards run in the family, except the father’s is a lot neater, trim and better-looking than Jake’s” (Jan. 14, 2006)

SR
10-30-2007, 05:17 AM
I hate listening to Phil Simms.:tsk:

Retired_Member_001
10-30-2007, 05:41 AM
I hate listening to Phil Simms.:tsk:

I HATE Phil Simms.

If Jay Cutler were to throw a 90 yard, play action TD pass to Brandon Marshall, Phil Simms would be like " I just knew, that they were going to run that play" despite him saying nothing before the snap.

It also seems supsicious that Phil Simms "claims" to talk to EVERYONE before the game.

(Selvin Young breaks a 20 yard run to the outside)

" I talked to Selvin Young before the game, and he said that they wanted to run to the outside often"

(then Selvin Young breaks a 40 yard run down the middle)

" I talked to Slevin Young before the game, and he said they wanted to run inside often"

" I talked to Chris Kuper before the game, and he said, he was going to make that block"

" I talked to the towel boy before the game, and he said, the Broncos were gonna' run that play".

:rolleyes:

Phil Simms is a joke.

sneakers
10-30-2007, 05:52 AM
Simms always makes the same joke about him and his partner going out to eat and having to paying the bill.

Mike
10-30-2007, 08:37 AM
I turned off the volume when they brought Favre's wife into the booth and never turned it back on.

Bronco Bible
10-30-2007, 08:39 AM
I dont know about that. I know he is revered but I also know that he does a lot that people look the other way on...and Im not talking about dumb interceptions. Anyone remember when he fell down so Strahan could break the sack record...there wasnt a lot of integrity with that. Plus Ive also seen him more than once throw a forward pass when beyond the LOS just to avoid being hit. Again, not a lot of integrity with that...especially for someone who is supposed to be so tough.

I remember ,to quote the great Favre "I consider myself to be a fair person,that was holding on" our receiver ,but that same fair person never mentions the fact that he grounded the ball SB 32:rolleyes:

Nomad
10-30-2007, 08:46 AM
I had no problem with the focus on Favre! Calling his wife a barf is childish along with this thread period. John got the same recognition so why not show some respect for another HOF QB. BRONCOS should have came to play to take the focus away but instead fueled the fire by giving Favre two great passes!

SR
10-30-2007, 09:17 AM
I turned off the volume when they brought Favre's wife into the booth and never turned it back on.

Classy. :rolleyes:

Mike
10-30-2007, 10:21 AM
Classy. :rolleyes:

Why do you say that? Because I would rather listen to actual football talk than the garbage they put out? I don't see what "class" has to do with it. :confused: But if it makes you feel like a bigger person than me. :2thumbs: :rolleyes:

tireman357
10-30-2007, 10:31 AM
I had no problem with the focus on Favre! Calling his wife a barf is childish along with this thread period. John got the same recognition so why not show some respect for another HOF QB. BRONCOS should have came to play to take the focus away but instead fueled the fire by giving Favre two great passes!

I think talking about farvre is great, he is a great QB. I think they went way over board on this one. I meen 58 times they said his name in just the 4th and over time. The only reson I started to keep track was because they were doing this the whole game. They did not talk football they talked bret farve. They did not talk about the broncos and they did not talk about the packers they talked about farve. They even did the second qrt. on his wife.

When vince vaughn came on I think he got realy pissed. They said nothing to him and when they did talk to him it was about his old movie not football.

I also think calling people childish is a little childish in itself. If you don't like what people are saying here go to another thred.

Peace.

eessydo
10-30-2007, 10:37 AM
I turn off the TV sound and turn on the radio play by play for almost every football game I watch. Those radio guys take about the game, the TV guys talk BS.

When they break down a play I unmute the TV and listen, then switch back.

Web Radio was the best thing ever invented for football viewing.

Nomad
10-30-2007, 11:03 AM
I think talking about farvre is great, he is a great QB. I think they went way over board on this one. I meen 58 times they said his name in just the 4th and over time. The only reson I started to keep track was because they were doing this the whole game. They did not talk football they talked bret farve. They did not talk about the broncos and they did not talk about the packers they talked about farve. They even did the second qrt. on his wife.

When vince vaughn came on I think he got realy pissed. They said nothing to him and when they did talk to him it was about his old movie not football.

I also think calling people childish is a little childish in itself. If you don't like what people are saying here go to another thred.

Peace.

I'm glad we agree to disagree!

broncosfanscott
10-30-2007, 08:48 PM

Me too. I mean what does a celebrity have to do with the NFL. I wish ESPN would stop bringing celebrities in the booth during the game. It is nothing against them, I just would rather listen to the guys calling the game instead of talking about someone's personal life.