PDA

View Full Version : Is DJ done

SBboundBRONCOS
10-29-2007, 10:46 PM
i saw on BM that DJ tore a muscle and is prolly out the rest of the year just to add to our streak of great luck:tsk::mad:

underrated29
10-29-2007, 10:48 PM
are you freaking serious?? this has been a horrible night!

well darren macfaden here we come. oh wait atlanta will take him instead of a qb- idiots.

DenBronx
10-29-2007, 10:56 PM
are you freaking serious?? this has been a horrible night!

well darren macfaden here we come. oh wait atlanta will take him instead of a qb- idiots.

i dont think we will lose enough games to draft high enough. we could easily win 7 games this year....thats not low enough to get macfaden.

underrated29
10-29-2007, 11:03 PM
i dont think we will lose enough games to draft high enough. we could easily win 7 games this year....thats not low enough to get macfaden.

i wouls normally agree wiht you, however if we lost our best lb for the season-when we are already weak as hell at that position already. I do not see how any team does not run for 200 on us. I just dont.

I read on PFW that they wanted to bench webster, but couldnt do to lack of depth and players available. With dj gone, we are screwed. And will not be able to stop teams, therefore a mcfaden race we are in.

(I pray not, as i am not a downer, but that could be the worst news to us besides losing, well for fear of saying his name, The man who came from santa claus)

DenBronx
10-29-2007, 11:06 PM
i say send bly and a 4th over to the jets in exchange for vilma.

underrated29
10-29-2007, 11:07 PM
can anyone confirm this??? Please say it just a rumor from bm.

SBboundBRONCOS
10-29-2007, 11:09 PM
can anyone confirm this??? Please say it just a rumor from bm.

i was hoping so too, a lot of people said they heard about the injury but many didnt know how serious it was. it was mentioned during the game, but he kept playing :eek:

DenBronx
10-29-2007, 11:10 PM
lynch could be out next week with pinched nerves in his neck coming off a short week.

underrated29
10-29-2007, 11:11 PM
i was hoping so too, a lot of people said they heard about the injury but many didnt know how serious it was. it was mentioned during the game, but he kept playing :eek:

well thats good and bad- good as a sign it might not be that serious, and he is one tough mutha...But on the other hand didnt nalen finish the game with his torn pec too..

this sucks.:tsk:

arapaho2
10-29-2007, 11:12 PM
i say send bly and a 4th over to the jets in exchange for vilma.

why in hell would we send bly and a forth for a lb on IR?

DenBronx
10-29-2007, 11:16 PM
is he going to be on ir next year? ok then.

sneakers
10-29-2007, 11:19 PM
They said he tore a muscle in his back...but how can you tell it was torn without a MRI? I thought the muscle they said started with an "M".

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/images/articles/backmuscles.jpg

underrated29
10-29-2007, 11:26 PM
They said he tore a muscle in his back...but how can you tell it was torn without a MRI? I thought the muscle they said started with an "M".

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/images/articles/backmuscles.jpg

maniscis?? is that even a muscle, if it is i have no idea where it goes, but thats the only thing i can think of besides mcl-which it obviously is not.

BaiLeY324
10-30-2007, 12:27 AM
He kept playing tonight, so I doubt it.

sneakers
10-30-2007, 12:29 AM
maniscis?? is that even a muscle, if it is i have no idea where it goes, but thats the only thing i can think of besides mcl-which it obviously is not.

Maniscis!!! That was it!

edit: Wait, that is in your knee...never mind

SBboundBRONCOS
10-30-2007, 01:01 AM
He kept playing tonight, so I doubt it.

yeah but nalen played the rest of his game even though he tore his bicep or whatever in the first Quarter:shocked:

dogfish
10-30-2007, 11:51 AM
i'm pretty sure they said it was a latissimus muscle-- latissimus dorsi, more commonly know as your "lats". . . how they would have known it was torn without an MRI, i have no idea-- i can't find any mention of it anywhere so far, which is kind of odd. . . if they thought it was torn you'd think they'd at least have an MRI scheduled, but KFFL usually reports that , and they haven't posted anything about him so far. . .

:whoknows:

SBboundBRONCOS
10-30-2007, 11:58 AM
i'm pretty sure they said it was a latissimus muscle-- latissimus dorsi, more commonly know as your "lats". . . how they would have known it was torn without an MRI, i have no idea-- i can't find any mention of it anywhere so far, which is kind of odd. . . if they thought it was torn you'd think they'd at least have an MRI scheduled, but KFFL usually reports that , and they haven't posted anything about him so far. . .

i hope it was just a mess up :beer:

but the way our season keeps going tells me he is done

OB
10-30-2007, 12:20 PM
If its getting this bad why not just send in all 2nd/3rd stringers and try to salvage next year :mad: :sad:

Lonestar
10-30-2007, 01:10 PM

Good post that was what I heard last night also. Let me add..They said "he was playing through it so they said but was having trouble wrapping up a tackle".

But then again most of the players seem to have the same problem.

Should this be torn I'd guess he wil see very little playing time the rest of theyear it is not something you can put a brace on to protect it.. Bruised a flack jacket, torn seems like surgery or many weeks of doing nothing and rest..

Rick
10-30-2007, 01:20 PM
Olandis Gary kept playing and even ran nearly 70 more yards in the game back when he tore his ACL only to find out after that it was torn and he was done.

I think right now Denver defintly has a chance for a high pick. The remaining schedule is far from easy and winning games takes more than just skill, it takes confidence, something this team is quickly losing.

Tned
10-30-2007, 02:13 PM
Good post that was what I heard last night also. Let me add..They said "he was playing through it so they said but was having trouble wrapping up a tackle".

But then again most of the players seem to have the same problem.

Should this be torn I'd guess he wil see very little playing time the rest of theyear it is not something you can put a brace on to protect it.. Bruised a flack jacket, torn seems like surgery or many weeks of doing nothing and rest..

I would guess it would be a strength/pain issue. Certain arm/back movements would lack strength, depending on what that muscle is used for. Thinking about the weight exercises (lat pulldown, seated row, etc.) it would seem it would effect him most in pulling type motions, rather than pushing. The question is whether or not he would be able to wrap someone up when tackling, or if that would be weakened also.

Lonestar
10-30-2007, 03:01 PM
I would guess it would be a strength/pain issue. Certain arm/back movements would lack strength, depending on what that muscle is used for. Thinking about the weight exercises (lat pulldown, seated row, etc.) it would seem it would effect him most in pulling type motions, rather than pushing. The question is whether or not he would be able to wrap someone up when tackling, or if that would be weakened also.

If he can not tackle I suspect he has NO need to be on the field other than be a warm body. We just might be running out of warm bodies about now.. Do we get any extra money do to the sheer number of IR cases we have this year. Or when we run out do we have to run short of active players...

I'd rather him get fixed if he can't tackle.

He'd just be a run magnet like Al used to be when he tried playing with broken thumbs for a couple of years..

underrated29
10-30-2007, 03:21 PM
does anyone know what the record number of IR players is??

Im sure we are geting close. We got:

ekuban,nate jackson,stephen alexander, rod (or is he pup?) dj (soon to be) Javon isnt yet, but im guessing will be, That other LB-forgot his name. Hamilton, nalen.

i count 6 for sures for now.

Lonestar
10-30-2007, 03:37 PM
does anyone know what the record number of IR players is??

Im sure we are geting close. We got:

ekuban,nate jackson,stephen alexander, rod (or is he pup?) dj (soon to be) Javon isnt yet, but im guessing will be, That other LB-forgot his name. Hamilton, nalen.

i count 6 for sures for now.

all costing their salary cap this year and with each one another salary to replce them with.. double dipping at its worth..

Melkor
10-30-2007, 04:10 PM
i wouls normally agree wiht you, however if we lost our best lb for the season-when we are already weak as hell at that position already. I do not see how any team does not run for 200 on us. I just dont.

Just to upgrade the optimism.

Last night someone named Ryan Grant ran for just above 100 yards on us.

From now on we will meet Kevin Jones, Tatum Bell, Larry Johnson, LenDale White, Chris Brown, Chris Henry, Cedric Benson, LaMont Jordan, Ahman Green, LaDanian Tomlinson, Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor.

If Williams and John Lynch is out for the season I could actually see us lose the rest of the games. Of course I hope I am very wrong, but I just do not see us stopping anyone who runs at us.

dogfish
10-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Broncos | Williams day-to-day
Tue, 30 Oct 2007 13:05:40 -0700

Bill Williamson, of The Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos LB D.J. Williams (shoulder) injured his shoulder during the team's Week 8 game but was able to finish the game. He is considered day-to-day and will be evaluated during the week.

really doesn't tell us very much. . .

WAB
10-30-2007, 06:35 PM
Hopefully he isn't seriously injured, because he's starting to develop. He made a few nice sticks at the line last night.