PDA

View Full Version : 7-9, here we come

lex
10-29-2007, 10:42 PM
Earlier I made a thread about whether youd prefer to get a high draft pick or finish 7-9. Does anyone see 7-9 coming?

BTW, that holding call on Brandon Marshall sucked.

DenBronx
10-29-2007, 10:44 PM
i see it coming but id rather cutler get the 7 wins under his belt.

underrated29
10-29-2007, 10:46 PM
what good saftey's are available with a 7-9 record?? I have a feeling thats where we will go first.

BroncoWave
10-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Yes, unfortunately we will wind up right back in the middle of the pack and get another crappy draft pick. This is why our teams rarely gets better from year to year because we are never in position to draft an impact player.

Medford Bronco
I think 6-10 is possible

this team is just not good where it counts on the offensive line
or defensive line

also Bates sucks, sorry I think his defense is horrid.

I would rather Coyer over this bum

heck bring back Greg Robinson :laugh:

Tned
Earlier I made a thread about whether youd prefer to get a high draft pick or finish 7-9. Does anyone see 7-9 coming?

BTW, that holding call on Brandon Marshall sucked.

There is no way we are getting a high draft pick. I have not given up on our chances for a playoff berth, but if we don't get one, mid-round pick is as good as we get.

BroncoWave
10-29-2007, 10:50 PM
There is no way we are getting a high draft pick. I have not given up on our chances for a playoff berth, but if we don't get one, mid-round pick is as good as we get.

How do you still think we will make the playoffs after tonight?

underrated29
10-29-2007, 10:52 PM
i change my stance, if dj is really out we are done for! top 5 pick all theway

Medford Bronco
10-29-2007, 10:53 PM

with 4 road games in 5 it does not look good and we are
a million miles behind the wild card teams

I also think SD is looking pretty good now and most likey wins the West

KC is not bad either and could contend..

Jax and Tenn look like WC teams and we already lost to Jax and can just
imagine the Titans running for 200 against us :tsk:

Nomad
10-29-2007, 10:58 PM
I said 9-7 at the beginning of the year , but I see 6-10 coming! Too many injuries and Cutler still has a couple years!

DenBronx
10-29-2007, 11:00 PM
ok so say we do go 7-9 and henry does get banned. henry should get released by the broncos. then this leaves us without a legit back. then if we win 7 games this isnt low enough for macfaden. then why not send out 1st rounder to the rams for stephen jackson? jackson is a dangerous runner and can play the pass. i see jackson being a legit 2000 yard rusher in denver.

jacksons value has decreased a little and his salary would be comparable to what henry was getting anyway.

sneakers
10-29-2007, 11:08 PM
12-4 sounds a lot better.

Medford Bronco
10-29-2007, 11:10 PM
12-4 sounds a lot better.

I have some swampland in FLA you would like for that prediction :laugh:

topscribe
10-29-2007, 11:12 PM
i change my stance, if dj is really out we are done for! top 5 pick all theway

Yes, and they just might have ruined Champ for the season. Just like they did in 2004.

We're not going to be anywhere near a playoff berth. We'll win a couple more games, maybe three.

Then again, maybe even that is wishful thinking . . . :tsk:

-----

Tned
10-29-2007, 11:17 PM

Just looking realistically at the division. Freak fumble kept us from getting 3 or 7, and we were in a position to win and settled for OT at the end. The offense while shakey following the fumble, started off looking good.

We are 1 game out of first in our division, with a chance to play SD to pull even with them, and we have two games coming up against KC to even up or pull ahead of them in matchups. Meaning, we have plenty of division games to get back in the AFC West hunt.

This team is only slightly behind what I expected. I have been saying since training camp that I thought that it would be mid season or so before the team started to gel and that they would be much better in the second half than the first. Granted, I didn't foresee all the injuries that have occurred.

So, while I would have preferred to be 4-3 or 5-2 at this point, I can see us going 6-3 down the stretch, which would put us at 9-7 and in the AFCW mix if we win the right games against SD and KC. I don't think the team is far off form being able to go 7-2 down the stretch.

I say this because their offense is close. Jay finally threw an INT free game, and didn't have a half bad game. 62% completion % and 95.7 passer rating. Hitting Marshall for the win would hve been nice. Not getting flustered in the drives following the goal line fumble, would have been nice, but the fact is that he played well and the offense put some yards up again, coming up just short of their #6 in the league season average.

This season was never about the defense taking pressure off of Jay, it was about the retooled offense taking pressure off the defense by scoring. However, while the Broncos have moved the ball right up their with all but the elite teams, they haven't scored. When that clicks (and I think it will be soon), then it will take pressure off of our D and lead to wins.

That's the way I look at it, because it is how I have seen it from well before the season started. Three or four weeks from now if they don't turn it around at midseason, then I might have to accept that my outlook on the season was wrong.

Tned
10-29-2007, 11:18 PM
Yes, and they just might have ruined Champ for the season. Just like they did in 2004.

We're not going to be anywhere near a playoff berth. We'll win a couple more games, maybe three.

-----

We'll win 5-7 games.

broncosfanscott
10-29-2007, 11:22 PM

-----

Totally agree with you.

I was really surprised that Champ played the game. I just hope whatever is wrong with him is minor. Playoffs, not even a chance.

broncofanatic1987
10-29-2007, 11:28 PM
7-9 might be a bit too optimistic. That is, if you're hoping the Broncos win more games. I for one will be happy with a 3-13 record at this point. That should secure the 3rd or 4th overall pick. There's no hope of being a legitimate contender, so they might as well put themselves in position to get better next year.

I know they will try to win games, but it's a futile effort at this point. I don't know that they are good enough to win four more games. They're going to lose to the Chargers again. They will probably lose to the Chiefs twice. They could quite possibly and maybe even likely lose to the Faiders in Chokeland. The Lions are a good team that the Broncos will have to play on the road. The Bears defense is almost certainly good enough to beat the Broncos. Peterson of Minnesota will run wild against the Broncos defense. The Titans and the Texans aren't going to be pushovers for the Broncos either. Those are nine very losable games. I don't think there are four games where anyone can say that the Broncos are clear cut favorites.

topscribe
10-29-2007, 11:29 PM
We'll win 5-7 games.

I admire your undying, if unrealistic, optimism, Tned.

I'll bet even your house is painted orange. :cheer2:

-----

Tned
10-29-2007, 11:34 PM
I admire your undying, if unrealistic, optimism, Tned.

I'll bet even your house is painted orange. :cheer2:

-----

An I admire all of you fans that predict with your sullen hearts, not taking into account who they have played and how they have been improving.

Tned
10-29-2007, 11:49 PM
Ok, taking out the shop broom and clearling a spot in this thread of the gloom, here's some things to chew on:

Entering this week (actually some of this weeks stats scattered in):

Entering this week, the Broncos were 6th in total offense
The Broncos are 3rd in 3rd down conversion percentage (51%) a historically weak point for the Broncos, they trail only Pitt and Indy, and are ahead of NWE.
They are 8th in 1st downs, but in what is practically a statistical tie with the three teams in front of them, so they are only .8 first downs a a game from 5th in the league.
fifth in the league averaging 6 yards per play.
Tied for 6th for the fewest penalties in the league
26th in points scored

I look at the above stats, and at how many times they have easily strung plays together to wrack up those yards and convert those third downs, and realize that as soon as they get more comfortable in near endzone (as they did last week), then this will become a high scoring offense.

A high scoring offense can overcome a lot of woes. I have thought all along that by mid season or so, the offense would gel and be capable of putting 30+ on the board each game, and the offensive stats they are producing in every category EXCEPT points, tells me this team is close to being a 30+ point team.

When the offense starts scoring 30+, then the other teams will give up on the run sooner, allow us to blitz and play the pass game, which is the strength of this defense.

Anyway, that is where not so much my optimism, because I don't feel very optimistic, but instead where my brain, my analysis of the situation takes me. Based on what my pre-season expectations were, combined with the improvements I have seen throughout the year, is how I come up with what I expect to see from the rest of the season.

jhns
10-30-2007, 10:21 AM
Looking at the schedule for the rest of the season gives me pleanty of hope. We are now through the hardest part of it and could easily win most every game left on the schedule. Every team that we have lost to happens to be at the top of the league right now. The rest of the schedule has much weaker competition.