PDA

View Full Version : Elway: Peyton is two Super Bowls away from being the best ever.

DenBronx
08-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 9, 2012, 1:27 PM EDT

John Elway thinks Peyton Manning has what it takes to go down in history as the greatest quarterback in the history of football. But to accomplish that, Elway needs to put the right team around Manning.

In Elway’s opinion, if Manning were to close out his career by winning two Super Bowls as the Broncos’ quarterback — the same way Elway closed out his own Hall of Fame career — that would be enough for Manning to be considered the best ever.

“Winning championships, that’s the only way,” Elway told NFL Network’s Albert Breer. “If he wins two more championships, he’ll be, without a doubt, the greatest quarterback ever to play the game.”

READ MORE HERE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/09/elway-peyton-is-two-super-bowls-away-from-being-the-best-ever/

DenBronx
08-09-2012, 12:51 PM
I love the motivation from John. I think Peyton is ina simular situation to what John was in. If he wins two more SBs then it will be hard to argue Johns statement. He will have 3 SBs yes but he also has the records to show as well.

DenBronx
08-09-2012, 12:54 PM
Elway in regards to the game tonight talking to Albert Breer:

“If things go well right off the bat, have a nice scoring drive, then get him out. You wanna get something going to where they have a good drive,” Elway said. “You don’t want to have three three-and-outs. You wanna get some confidence, get some first downs, and maybe put some points on the board. If we do that, get him out, and go to the next week.”

Ravage!!!
08-09-2012, 01:07 PM
I believe Kliss this morning to expect 12 snaps..... as stated.. not if the first series or so is just 3 and out. But around 12 snaps is all for Manning tonight.

Northman
08-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Hmmm, doesnt really sound like a guy who is afraid to have another "star" in Denver.

BroncoJoe
08-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Hmmm, strange reference there, North. Care to elaborate?

gee, let's not bring up you know who anymore....

Northman
08-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Hmmm, strange reference there, North. Care to elaborate?

gee, let's not bring up you know who anymore....

I think anyone who has paid attention to this forum the past year would know what im referencing too.

BroncoBJ
08-09-2012, 03:46 PM
I think he needs to win 3 SB's to be the best of all time.

That will put him at 4 SB wins, out of 5 SB Trips. So a 4-1 record in the SB, with the records he has. He will be the best of all time then imo. And hopefully he can win 3 SB's in a row and be the 1st person to do that, as well as be the 1st starting QB to win a Superbowl with 2 different teams.

But, I just hope he has a great career with us, like he did in Indy. :salute:

Dzone
08-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Montana

Ravage!!!
08-09-2012, 04:48 PM
The number of SUper Bowls is not the lone stat that determines a player's greatness. If that were the case, people would actually say Bradshaw was in the top 2. People would seriously say that Doug Williams was better than Marino, and Brad Johnson was better than Fran Tarkenton.

BroncoJoe
08-09-2012, 05:33 PM
I think anyone who has paid attention to this forum the past year would know what im referencing too.

You missed the sarcasm. Funny how you're intentionally bringing up something/one who you bitch other people out for bringing up.

Ravage!!!
08-09-2012, 05:35 PM
You missed the sarcasm. Funny how you're intentionally bringing up something/one who you bitch other people out for bringing up.

He's referring to a particular poster on the boards. North has been bitching about people bringing up this poster???? :confused:

NightTerror218
08-09-2012, 05:49 PM

Wasn't he banned in the forums?

BroncoJoe
08-09-2012, 05:52 PM
He's referring to a particular poster on the boards. North has been bitching about people bringing up this poster???? :confused:

Just found it interesting, that's all. Why even reference it like that? Just baiting, IMO.

CrazyHorse
08-09-2012, 07:23 PM
I already think he's the best QB ever.:behindsofa:
Rodgers has a chance to surpass him though.

Northman
08-09-2012, 07:31 PM

Actually, BJ has it wrong on either account. He's climbing up the wrong tree on that one.

BroncoWave
08-09-2012, 10:02 PM
I think Super Bowl wins is the most overrated factor in measuring a QB's greatness. So many fluky things happen in single elimination playoffs, the best teams barely win it all. Is Jim Kelly less of an all-time great because a kicker missed a FG? No.

CrazyHorse
08-09-2012, 10:35 PM
I think Super Bowl wins is the most overrated factor in measuring a QB's greatness. So many fluky things happen in single elimination playoffs, the best teams barely win it all. Is Jim Kelly less of an all-time great because a kicker missed a FG? No.

Exactly!!!
Tom Brady is a Drew Bledsoe injury, Tuck Rule, or Scott Norwood away from being a relative unknown.

BroncoJoe
08-09-2012, 11:40 PM
Care to elaborate North?

DenBronx
08-10-2012, 04:36 AM
The comments in the article are amusing.

Northman
08-10-2012, 04:44 AM
Care to elaborate North?

Basically there were people last year who claimed that Elway was holding Tebow back out of jealousy and didnt want him to succeed because he didnt want Tebow to overshadow his legacy. Clearly, thats not the case here and that is what i was referencing.

wayninja
08-10-2012, 02:12 PM
I agree, Elway want's Manning to be the guy for a long, long time.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Northman
08-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Someone needs a hug.

CoachChaz
08-10-2012, 02:28 PM
All I keep thinking is how great it is to have someone in charge that will do ANYTHING it takes to win, while putting his ego on the shelf. Oh...that person just happens to be a very influential NFL icon and one of the best ever. I just find it hard to find anything wrong with the direction the Duke is heading. Things should be exciting for quite awhile. That's all we can ask for

Ravage!!!
08-10-2012, 04:18 PM
All I keep thinking is how great it is to have someone in charge that will do ANYTHING it takes to win, while putting his ego on the shelf. Oh...that person just happens to be a very influential NFL icon and one of the best ever. I just find it hard to find anything wrong with the direction the Duke is heading. Things should be exciting for quite awhile. That's all we can ask for

couldn't say it better.

Nomad
08-10-2012, 09:45 PM

True dat!

Canmore
08-11-2012, 01:04 AM

I believe the man bleeds orange and blue. Truly. Elway is one of the ultimate competitors. He will do what in his estimation is best for the Denver Broncos, period. His place in history as a quarterback is assured. So far his place as an executive has had a decent start. I believe I have said as have others that the adults are back in charge in Dove Valley.