PDA

View Full Version : Marshall missing from Tues morning practice

titan
07-28-2009, 12:39 PM
From denver post blog:

Marshall missing from morning practice
by Lindsay Jones on July 28, 2009

Disgruntled wide receiver Brandon Marshall did not participate in a light practice Tuesday morning with Broncos’ rookies, injured players and quarterbacks.

Coach Josh McDaniels will meet with reporters after practice and, hopefully, will explain Marshall’s absence from the workout. Check back here at DenverPost.com for further updates.

Marshall is unhappy with his contract and had threatened to hold out until the team either traded him or rewarded him with a new deal. But facing a fine of $15,888 per day of camp he missed, Marshall reported on time on Monday.

In other morning news, linebackers D.J. Williams and Wesley Woodyard each returned to the field after missing Monday’s practice. Woodyard is wearing a brace on his right knee but was running well, without a noticeable limp, in individual drills.

NightTrainLayne
07-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Hopefully, he was given a pass to come back on Friday when camp starts in earnest.

:fingerscrossed:

silkamilkamonico
07-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Hopefully, he was given a pass to come back on Friday when camp starts in earnest.

Hopefully, otherwise he just seems to be getting more stupid as the weeks go by.

Lonestar
07-28-2009, 12:56 PM
Unless excused this beyond dumb.
Un****ing believeable.

Does any really think he is worth keeping around. If not excused.

Italianmobstr7
07-28-2009, 01:00 PM
Un****ing believeable.

Even if it's not excused, he's still worth keeping around. You're taking this way too personally. It's part of the business side of football. He wants a new contract and he seems to want to go to whatever length to get it. He's not the first person to hold out, and he won't be the last.

silkamilkamonico
07-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Even if it's not excused, he's still worth keeping around. You're taking this way too personally. It's part of the business side of football. He wants a new contract and he seems to want to go to whatever length to get it. He's not the first person to hold out, and he won't be the last.

He's also not the first young talent at WR we've had, and surely won't be the last. I say get what we can for him. The guy is nothing more than a possession WR that drops balls anyways. He's alike a Keyshawn Johnson clone with better yac and worse hands. Certainly not irreplaceable.

Mike
07-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Perhaps he was given the time off. But, either way, we should all know and expect that Marshall will make waves coming into TC. This is to be expected. Hopefully, the Broncos don't give in to his demands unless they can get full value out of it.

BroncoWave
07-28-2009, 01:13 PM
Un****ing believeable.

Let's wait until McDaniels talks before we jump to conclusions on this one.

I highly doubt he would show up for one day just to leave. I have a feeling today's absence was excused.

Lonestar
07-28-2009, 01:17 PM

I realize your man crush for this moron, but step back and see that this is not the way to get a new contract.

He holds no cards.
NONE. Which have been discussed many time before.

If there was ever a time to be submissive for this moron it is now.

Grover
07-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Options:

1) Brian Dawkins gave Marshall an "attitude adjustment".

2) Marshall caught the "flu" from DJ and Wesley Woodyard.

3) or maybe, just maybe......

a trade is in the works and Marshall was excused from practice to prevent any potential for injury.

You heard the rumor here first folks. :D

dogfish
07-28-2009, 01:29 PM

hopefully. . . . and in case he was, we should all make sure to get as many jabs in as possible before we find out. . .

hey brandon, go die in a fire you scumbag!

underrated29
07-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Options:

3) or maybe, just maybe......

a trade is in the works and Marshall was excused from practice to prevent any potential for injury.

You heard the rumor here first folks. :D

Oh- snap.

God i hope not. The birds are desperate. And TB is always a partner with us..

Please no, we need him here this year.

titan
07-28-2009, 01:39 PM
update from Gil Whiteley's radio show: the official explanation is that Marshall was "sore" from yesterday's workout and sat out this mornings. McDaniels did say Marshall reported to the facility on Tuesday morning.

BroncoWave
07-28-2009, 01:48 PM
update from Gil Whiteley's radio show: the official explanation is that Marshall was "sore" from yesterday's workout and sat out this mornings. McDaniels did say Marshall reported to the facility on Tuesday morning.

What's that, Bronco fans making much ado about nothing? Color me shocked!

dogfish
07-28-2009, 01:55 PM

:lol::lol:

oh man, let the shit storm begin!

Lonestar
07-28-2009, 02:00 PM

think about it other than a few BM fans that beleive we can not exsist without this "person". I'll bet most folks that had the same thing runs through theirs minds

just when is this crap gonna end with this clown..
I knew it.
trade the bum..
money grubbing ass hat

just to mention a few

Mike
07-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Must have been an intense practice...much more than the training camp Fitz was holding a couple weeks ago. :rolleyes:

:D

dogfish
07-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Must have been an intense practice...much more than the training camp Fitz was holding a couple weeks ago. :rolleyes:

it was very emotionally demanding. . . .

:D

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Under video and audio, McD talks about practice this morning, and the first thing he mentions is Brandon.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/

jrelway
07-28-2009, 02:21 PM
held out of practice for precautionary measures. it was a coaching decision. thats a relief but i hope his hip aint bothering him.

BroncoWave
07-28-2009, 02:21 PM
Many people (including me) bitched at him for skipping the mandatory mini-camp, but now that he is here at camp and sat out one day of practice (per MCDANIELS DECISION) and people raise a shit storm about it.

Some of you fans are just impossible to please.

jrelway
07-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Many people (including me) bitched at him for skipping the mandatory mini-camp, but now that he is here at camp and sat out one day of practice (but still showed up to the facility) and people raise a shit storm about it.

Some of you fans are just impossible to please.

some just do not understand the business side of things. they also think we can win with a bunch of rudys on our team that'll play for food.

Lonestar
07-28-2009, 02:25 PM
held out of practice for precautionary measures. it was a coaching decision. thats a relief but i hope his hip aint bothering him.

according to Josh it was not the hip.. but I do have to wonder if he whined about being sore and did not want to practice and because mike screwed the pooch last year with his hip they are gonna treat him with kid gloves on the field..

again that is no way to endear yourselves into the HC heart and mind.. but no one has said this moron was smart..

Lonestar
07-28-2009, 02:27 PM
some just do not understand the business side of things. they also think we can win with a bunch of rudys on our team that'll play for food.

well more that 2.2 mil per year is a tad more that just for food.. ya think

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2009, 02:28 PM

People need to understand both sides of the business side - Brandon has been a major risk off the field - Brandon is facing yet another trial, and no one knows what that outcome will be, nor does anyone know for sure what Goodell might do.

I would have to believe that it would be 99.9% sure that if Brandon would have not had his off the field issues, he would already have his contract extension.

underrated29
07-28-2009, 02:29 PM
according to Josh it was not the hip.. but I do have to wonder if he whined about being sore and did not want to practice and because mike screwed the pooch last year with his hip they are gonna treat him with kid gloves on the field..

again that is no way to endear yourselves into the HC heart and mind.. but no one has said this moron was smart..

JR- i am pretty sure our new coach is quite in capable of doing anything with anyplayer regarding kid gloves.

**see jay cutler incident.

BroncoWave
07-28-2009, 02:30 PM

The way I understood it, McDaniels told the media he wasn't going to say where Marshall was sore. Unless I missed it, he never said it wasn't the hip.

jrelway
07-28-2009, 02:31 PM
well more that 2.2 mil per year is a tad more that just for food.. ya think

to us yea, not for probowl WR's that catch that many balls a season and risk serious injuries. again, you dont understand the business side JR. max value is what these players want for security. 2.2 mil a year is not even close.

Lonestar
07-28-2009, 02:34 PM
JR- i am pretty sure our new coach is quite in capable of doing anything with anyplayer regarding kid gloves.

**see jay cutler incident.

I guess I was not clear.. I have to wonder if BM is playing games here with being "sore" and if this is a new part of his repertoire..

I suspect he will be given enough rope to hang himself if so if not the training staff is gun shy, especially about marshall..

and perhaps Josh learned something about dealing with morons after dealing with cutler..:laugh:

Italianmobstr7
07-28-2009, 02:36 PM
I guess I was not clear.. I have to wonder if BM is playing games here with being "sore" and if this is a new part of his repertoire..

I suspect he will be given enough rope to hang himself if so if not the training staff is gun shy, especially about marshall..

and perhaps Josh learned something about dealing with morons after dealing with cutler..:laugh:

You're a big time hater.

Lonestar
07-28-2009, 02:38 PM
The way I understood it, McDaniels told the media he wasn't going to say where Marshall was sore. Unless I missed it, he never said it wasn't the hip.

listen to it again.. about the 3 minute mark your correct about not saying where but watch the face .. lots of times that says more the the words..

BroncoWave
07-28-2009, 02:39 PM
listen to it again.. about the 3 minute mark your correct about not saying where but watch the face .. lots of times that says more the the words..

I honestly think at that point any face is might have made was more from annoyance of having to answer 50 questions about Marshall than from giving away what might be wrong with him.

TXBRONC
07-28-2009, 02:41 PM

Isn't always better to jump to conclusions first? ;) :D

Lonestar
07-28-2009, 02:43 PM
to us yea, not for probowl WR's that catch that many balls a season and risk serious injuries. again, you dont understand the business side JR. max value is what these players want for security. 2.2 mil a year is not even close.

so he is not obligated to honor his contract? because he does not feel secure?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

If he is concerned about getting injured this year and ending his career, let his agent buy a insurance policy covering what would be guaranteed money..

the business side is also on the Broncos side they have a valid contract for a moron that can't keep form doing stupid things.. IF you were Pat why would you want to intensify more monetary risk than you already have until you and the team know that he can be depended on..

both sides are business. and frankly 2.2 is nothing the sneeze at..

Lonestar
07-28-2009, 02:44 PM
I honestly think at that point any face is might have made was more from annoyance of having to answer 50 questions about Marshall than from giving away what might be wrong with him.

well we will have to agree to disagree..

jrelway
07-28-2009, 02:46 PM

LOL wtf jr. i understand marshalls not your favorite player but good lord. he's still a bronco you know?

Lonestar
07-28-2009, 02:48 PM
LOL wtf jr. i understand marshalls not your favorite player but good lord. he's still a bronco you know?

perhaps he should act like it..

BroncoWave
07-28-2009, 02:52 PM
perhaps he should act like it..

Jr, step back and listen to what you are saying. HE IS IN CAMP. It's not like he's still sitting at home and holding out.

TXBRONC
07-28-2009, 02:53 PM
I'll buy into tea leaf reading secession as soon as I'm convinced we have soothsayer around here.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2009, 02:53 PM

Gotta agree with you on that one - Marshall is all that any of the reporters wanted to talk about, and I am sure the same question, or a variation of the same question, was ask over and over.

underrated29
07-28-2009, 02:54 PM

I cant see the vid. But did Mcdaniels make that stupid lip smacking face.

God i hate it when he does that. Its so annoying and a sign on insecurity. He did it all the time when we first hired him.

Lonestar
07-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Jr, step back and listen to what you are saying. HE IS IN CAMP. It's not like he's still sitting at home and holding out.

I guess you did not see his presser yesterday.. he is in camp but he does not want to be and only here because he does not want almost $16K in fines..

unless you saw something that no one else saw..

BroncoWave
07-28-2009, 03:06 PM
I guess you did not see his presser yesterday.. he is in camp but he does not want to be and only here because he does not want almost $16K in fines..

unless you saw something that no one else saw..

Who cares if he wants to be in camp or not? As long as he is there and not hurting the team I couldn't care less. No player particularly LIKES training camp but they all have to do it. Until his attitude hurts his production, he can be sad and pouty all he wants.

BroncoWave
07-28-2009, 03:07 PM
I cant see the vid. But did Mcdaniels make that stupid lip smacking face.

God i hate it when he does that. Its so annoying and a sign on insecurity. He did it all the time when we first hired him.

I fail to see how that denotes insecurity.

Lonestar
07-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Who cares if he wants to be in camp or not? As long as he is there and not hurting the team I couldn't care less. No player particularly LIKES training camp but they all have to do it. Until his attitude hurts his production, he can be sad and pouty all he wants.

So you do not really seeing him as a potential lockeroom cancer?

underrated29
07-28-2009, 03:15 PM
When people smack their lips. It is a sign of insecurity. Depending on how much they do it and what not.

It is done as a way to draw attention from the individual or in this case his questions. It also shows that the person is not confident enough in their ability to comunicate and think quickly.

Just like when a person is lying they look to the left, and scratch their head, or their nose or whatever.

The face and its movements indicate a lot about a person when they are speaking or being interviewed.

BroncoWave
07-28-2009, 03:17 PM
When people smack their lips. It is a sign of insecurity. Depending on how much they do it and what not.

It is done as a way to draw attention from the individual or in this case his questions. It also shows that the person is not confident enough in their ability to comunicate and think quickly.

Just like when a person is lying they look to the left, and scratch their head, or their nose or whatever.

The face and its movements indicate a lot about a person when they are speaking or being interviewed.

Some people just aren't comfortable being interviewed. I was interviewed for the news once and it was one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever done.

As long as he can coach, he can look insecure in his interviews all he wants.

BroncoWave
07-28-2009, 03:19 PM
So you do not really seeing him as a potential lockeroom cancer?

Unless you have examples of him having clashes with teammates then no, I don't see that happening. MANY players in the league are unhappy with their contracts and are vocal about it. That doesn't make them a locker room cancer.

Lonestar
07-28-2009, 03:19 PM
perhaps it meant he is not yet used to being in front of a camera..

I know I would not be.. ..

milehigh
07-28-2009, 03:24 PM
I think once he is in training camp for a few weeks and gets a chance to warm up to teammates he could warm up to the idea of being a Denver Bronco. Especially if he see's what he can do in McDaniel's offense.

IMO Josh is just showing Brandon that he cares about his health and wants him 100% and that the medical staff isn't going to treat him like they did last year.

underrated29
07-28-2009, 03:26 PM
Some people just aren't comfortable being interviewed. I was interviewed for the news once and it was one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever done.

As long as he can coach, he can look insecure in his interviews all he wants.

Right he might not be comfortable doing it yet. I dont know, and like you i dont care if he is or isnt as long as he can coach.

But it still bugs the crap out of me.

Atleast all i hate is his lip smacking and am not on a personal vendetta like against our players like others are...........JR:D

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2009, 03:27 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com - under video & audio

Lonestar
07-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Right he might not be comfortable doing it yet. I dont know, and like you i dont care if he is or isnt as long as he can coach.

But it still bugs the crap out of me.

Atleast all i hate is his lip smacking and am not on a personal vendetta like against our players like others are...........JR:D

sorry you do not see it for what it is a deep concern that this moron is going to blow just one more chance, to do the rigth thing..

not a vendetta merely pointing out man love for him should be thought about.. because there is a chance if he does not get his act together we will get more from him in a trade than his actual value to DEN on the field.

I'm not sure he gets it yet that the only card he can play is not giving 100% and that is the wrong one.. because the Broncos hold all the face cards that is the BUSINESS reality

dogfish
07-28-2009, 04:17 PM
it's official, folks-- brandon marshall has replaced shanahan as JR's whipping boy. . . .

may god have mercy on his soul-- poor bastage has no idea of the fury that's about to be released on him. . . . :shocked:

:laugh:

BroncoWave
07-28-2009, 04:24 PM
it's official, folks-- brandon marshall has replaced shanahan as JR's whipping boy. . . .

may god have mercy on his soul-- poor bastage has no idea of the fury that's about to be released on him. . . . :shocked:

Where have you been for the last 2 months. It's long since been official! :lol:

TXBRONC
07-28-2009, 04:26 PM

Anyone that got out the McDaniels interview that Marshall is being a cancer is swinging wildly in the dark.

nevcraw
07-28-2009, 04:37 PM

Marshall replaces Cutler who replaced "MIKEY"

NightTrainLayne
07-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Marshall replaces Cutler who replaced "MIKEY"

As long as we don't have to hear about "DAFTS" anymore it's an improvement. :laugh:

Lonestar
07-28-2009, 09:18 PM
As long as we don't have to hear about "DAFTS" anymore it's an improvement. :laugh:

yep I was wondering how long mike would hold on.. after ashley it should have been gonzo..:salute:

And I'm sorry folks do not want to hear things that upset their perfect little world..

sometimes the facts are clear but the man crushes will not allow them to see.

while both mike and jay had potential neither of them came to fruition.. and yes I know mike won a couple of Lombardi's but the failure of the last almost decade well not sure why everyone wanted to think he still had the magic..

it was clear to most every that looked logically at it his FO skills were going to doom him..

now if evryone will stop talking about mikey I can also..:laugh:

Elevation inc
07-29-2009, 12:37 AM
think about it other than a few BM fans that beleive we can not exsist without this "person". I'll bet most folks that had the same thing runs through theirs minds

just when is this crap gonna end with this clown..
I knew it.
trade the bum..
money grubbing ass hat

just to mention a few

actually...alot of us fans just choose to wait for facts before opening our mouths and posting, you slam people for being to much, pro-marshall yet go go at lengths to knock the guy every time you can.....

its just as old and tiresome to us as the people supporting marshall is to you....

that being said why dont both sides just chill the f' out and let the season unfold before slamming for no good reason!!!!

seriously TC has started stop the drama dragging and enjoy a new year of football being started

Elevation inc
07-29-2009, 12:42 AM
yep I was wondering how long mike would hold on.. after ashley it should have been gonzo..:salute:

And I'm sorry folks do not want to hear things that upset their perfect little world..

sometimes the facts are clear but the man crushes will not allow them to see.

while both mike and jay had potential neither of them came to fruition.. and yes I know mike won a couple of Lombardi's but the failure of the last almost decade well not sure why everyone wanted to think he still had the magic..

it was clear to most every that looked logically at it his FO skills were going to doom him..

now if evryone will stop talking about mikey I can also..:laugh:

and sometimes your hatred is so vile and strong you allow it to cloud your views and become entirely biased to your side of the arguement:lol:

i have yet to see you not jump to conclusions with brandon

you hate brandon and shanny we get it.....lol

Lonestar
07-29-2009, 12:52 AM
actually...alot of us fans just choose to wait for facts before opening our mouths and posting, you slam people for being to much, pro-marshall yet go go at lengths to knock the guy every time you can.....

its just as old and tiresome to us as the people supporting marshall is to you....

that being said why dont both sides just chill the f' out and let the season unfold before slamming for no good reason!!!!

seriously TC has started stop the drama dragging and enjoy a new year of football being started

hey all the moron has to do is:

honor his contract and play for about 3-4 times the money he made last year..
keep his nose clean
stop beating women
figure out how he is going to beat the 12 Aug court date.
not be suspended for his next meeting with a policeman..
figure out the Broncos have ALL the high cards and act like he wants to play football in DEN cause he can;t play anywhere else..

just then I maybe able to show a portion of the man love alot of fans have to the clown..

until then I'll comment about how it is.. not how I hope it can be..

sleep well I will..;)

aberdien
07-29-2009, 12:52 AM
What's Eddie Kennison been up to lately?

Lonestar
07-29-2009, 12:56 AM

quitterson.. Hmmmmm maybe he has been reincarnated in marshall body..:D

dogfish
07-29-2009, 12:59 AM

about 6'2", with her high heels on. . .

Elevation inc
07-29-2009, 01:12 AM
hey all the moron has to do is:

honor his contract and play for about 3-4 times the money he made last year..( his Contract said report July 27th he did)
keep his nose clean (he hasnt been in trouble since the last supposed drama case which was dropped so did something even really happen no one knows the truth here thats for sure)
stop beating women (he has stopped otherwise we would have heard more recently)
figure out how he is going to beat the 12 Aug court date. (not hard to do when the womens case is built on money) not be suspended for his next meeting with a policeman.. (he hasnt been suspeneded yet) figure out the Broncos have ALL the high cards and act like he wants to play football in DEN cause he can;t play anywhere else..(think he knows that...he is here isnt he)

just then I maybe able to show a portion of the man love alot of fans have to the clown..

until then I'll comment about how it is.. not how I hope it can be..

sleep well I will..;)

and your commenting about how you think it is....not how it really is :rolleyes: :lol:

but its all i good i still got ya back JR....keep on keepin on......

Dirk
07-29-2009, 06:04 AM
Didn't BMarsh go to Fitz' little WR camp? To become better? To get ready for the season? Shouldn't he be in shape from that?

How can he be sore from one day of practice?

Not opening a can of worms...just sayin' :confused:

CoachChaz
07-29-2009, 06:50 AM
Didn't BMarsh go to Fitz' little WR camp? To become better? To get ready for the season? Shouldn't he be in shape from that?

How can he be sore from one day of practice?

Not opening a can of worms...just sayin' :confused:

Well, if he truly is Baby T.O., then just keep focusing on the stationary bikes during TC. That's where you'll find him

Reidman
07-29-2009, 08:52 AM
This is why I don't get involved in politics, in football or otherwise...

Wish the season would hurry up and get here so the rest of this drama could unfold...

LRtagger
07-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Maybe this is in indication that McD's TC is much more intense than Shanny's va-camp.

Marshall was probably expecting a soft practice like he's been used to the past 3 years.

dogfish
07-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Broncos don't see Marshall being distraction
Will a star receiver unhappy about his contract cause trouble for team chemistry? "I'm not worried about it," Stokley says.
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 07/29/2009 01:00:00 AM MDT

Brandon Marshall (Denver Post file photo)There may be many reasons the Broncos could ultimately change their position and trade Brandon Marshall.

Perhaps they could trade him because of his sulky attitude. Or maybe they could trade him because of a hip injury that forced Marshall to miss the team's two light practices Tuesday.

The Broncos could trade him since, with the additions of Jabar Gaffney, Brandon Lloyd and rookie Kenny Mc-Kinley, plus the return of Eddie Royal and Brandon Stokley, the Broncos' stable of wide receivers is talented enough to produce without Marshall.

Or they could trade Marshall for no other reason than he wants to be traded.

But the Broncos do not necessarily have to trade Marshall because his general unhappiness would become an infectious cancer spreading through the locker room.

"I'm not worried about it," Stokley said. "I know what type of person he is and I expect 100 percent from him once he gets on the field. I think everybody will see that."

The Broncos do not appear willing to acquiesce to Marshall's trade request, although suspicions were raised when he was not on the field Tuesday. After the morning workout, Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said it was his decision to keep Marshall and another wide receiver, Lucas Taylor, off the practice field as a physical precaution.

"No issues whatsoever," McDaniels said. "This was a decision we made as an organization."

Marshall may not return to the field until veterans arrive for a Thursday afternoon workout. He had walked out on the team's rehab program in late May and skipped a mandatory minicamp in mid-June, but he reported early to training camp Monday because injured veterans were supposed to join rookies under contract and quarterbacks. Marshall had hip surgery March 31 and Monday was his first team practice since the final week of the 2008 season.

But after all that time off, Marshall may have stiffened after passing the team's rigorous conditioning test Monday morning. After the light workout Monday afternoon, Marshall indicated his hip was recovering on schedule, although he added: "This is a totally different environment from just training back in Orlando by myself. This is a stressful camp, a lot of competition, so you've got to see how your body does in that type of environment."

Marshall then let the world know he is an unhappy Broncos employee. The notion that a disgruntled star can become a locker-room distraction, however, may be overrated because so many NFL teams are dealing with similar situations.

The New York Giants had more success with problem child Plaxico Burress than they did without him, after the big-play threat was terminated by a self-induced bullet hole in his leg. The Arizona Cardinals carried unhappy wide receiver Anquan Boldin along to the Super Bowl last season. Tennessee Titans running back LenDale White went public with his dissatisfaction regarding carries last year, yet the Titans finished with the NFL's best record.

"For people to say it's a distraction, I don't think it's fair in most cases," said Broncos quarterback Chris Simms, who is in his seventh season. "First of all, as an athlete, I just worry about myself every day. I can't worry about whether Brandon Marshall is here or whoever it is. With the salary cap and free agency and all those things, it's become more of a business than maybe when my dad played."

Simms' father, Phil, quarterbacked the New York Giants past John Elway and the Broncos in Super Bowl XXI.

"My dad played all those years with Lawrence Taylor and they were successful," Simms said. "And (Taylor) wasn't exactly a bowl of peaches all the time. If everybody just (stays focused) and keeps working, there won't be any problems."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12934158

__________________________________________________ ____

emphasis added because it reflects my belief that people blow the "distraction factor" waaay out of proportion. . . these guys are pros-- on both sides, players and management-- they know this stuff is part of the business, and deal with it accordingly. . .

Ravage!!!
07-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Maybe this is in indication that McD's TC is much more intense than Shanny's va-camp.

Marshall was probably expecting a soft practice like he's been used to the past 3 years.

Probably not

dogfish
07-29-2009, 11:02 AM
and here are a few quotes from mike tomlin that reinforce the point. . .

"My mentality in regard to distractions is changing, and that's probably how I'm growing into the job. If you're going to be good, distractions are a part of it. I'm more concerned about embracing that and dealing with it and performing in the midst of it as opposed to being resistant to it."

"We've got a desire to be consistently good, a world-championship caliber team. You've got to acknowledge some attention, some potential distractions. I'm not running away from that. I want to make sure we're very good at dealing with that and staying singularly focused on what's important."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_635342.html

obviously doesn't prove anything, i just thought it was interesting. . . besides, nobody else is posting anything right now. . . . :laugh:

dogfish
07-29-2009, 11:06 AM
Probably not

i'd tend to agree with coach that if anything, marshall might be milking a little nothing, but at the same time, we wouldn't be giving a second thought to the coaching staff being cautious with a star player coming off offseason surgery if there hadn't been a big dust-up over his little aborted holdout and his trade request. . .

also, i don't think it's much of a stretch to think doogie will run a more physical camp than shanahan, whose camps were reportedly pretty soft. . . .

Ravage!!!
07-29-2009, 11:20 AM
i'd tend to agree with coach that if anything, marshall might be milking a little nothing, but at the same time, we wouldn't be giving a second thought to the coaching staff being cautiopus with a star player coming off offseason surgery if there hadn't been a big dust-up over his little aborted holdout and his trade request. . .

also, i don't think it's much of a stretch to think doogie will run a more physical camp than shanahan, whose camps were reportedly pretty soft. . . .

I don't think it has anything to do with the intensity of the camps or practices, and is 100% to do with their conflicts. Now I don't mean that its purely Marshall on that either. Lets face it, if the Broncos are considering (even for a second) about trading Brandon, the last thing they want to do is expose the slightest of limps of movement.

Ravage!!!
07-29-2009, 11:24 AM
emphasis added because it reflects my belief that people blow the "distraction factor" waaay out of proportion. . . these guys are pros-- on both sides, players and management-- they know this stuff is part of the business, and deal with it accordingly. . .

couldnt agree with you more here. Like Simms said, its more of a business now. People are going to want to renegotiate, change, and alter their contracts. Seems its ok when a coach wants to trade away a player.. thats just business..... but if a player wants to renegotiate, then the player should "be loyal." Cant be both ways.

I think the only people that are distracted, are the media types trying to cause a problem.

Traveler
07-29-2009, 11:25 AM
also, i don't think it's much of a stretch to think McDaniels will run a more physical camp than shanahan, whose camps were reportedly pretty soft. . . .

I hope that he does. I've read that TC will consist of full pads & contact. Just what the doctor ordered IMO. Just hope they are reinforcing the basic concept of proper form tackling.

TXBRONC
07-29-2009, 11:32 AM

I suppose that could be true, but in fairness Marshall is coming off a major surgery.

dogfish
07-29-2009, 11:40 AM
I hope that he does. I've read that TC will consist of full pads & contact. Just what the doctor ordered IMO. Just hope they are reinforcing the basic concept of proper form tackling.

yea, i would kill to see a more physical approach on defense this year. . . .

LRtagger
07-29-2009, 11:51 AM
I suppose that could be true, but in fairness Marshall is coming off a major surgery.

Yea, but he's already admitted to playing pickup basketball and working out with Fitz post-surgery.

LRtagger
07-29-2009, 11:56 AM
Probably not

Based on what? The fact that Shanny ran such an intense training camp? :rofl:

Traveler
07-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Citing two NFL sources, Yahoo Sports reports that the Ravens "may revisit" the idea of trading for Brandon Marshall.

It reportedly depends on Derrick Mason's status. Baltimore will probably give the supposedly retired receiver another week or so to make up his mind before opening formal trade talks with Denver. Still, Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome has never been one to surrender high draft picks, and the Broncos will almost certainly ask for a 2010 first-rounder. We're betting against a deal.
Jul. 29 - 12:45 pm et
Source: Yahoo Sports

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=146572

Lonestar
07-29-2009, 01:17 PM

Josh is running a real Practice not a country club like they have been seeing for almost 12 years..

one on the reasons we used to get alot of veteran FA it was a place to retire..

Lonestar
07-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Yea, but he's already admitted to playing pickup basketball and working out with Fitz post-surgery.

Perhaps that Fitz camp was not as intense as he thought..

perhaps he thought he would get a pass because he is an pro bowl player..

now he is sore because he was not keeping up with the rest of the Broncos..

had he been in the OTAs maybe he would not be so sore now..

TXBRONC
07-29-2009, 02:27 PM
yea, i would kill to see a more physical approach on defense this year. . . .

Better tackling wouldn't hurt either.

underrated29
07-29-2009, 02:44 PM
now he is sore because he was not keeping up with the rest of the Broncos..

had he been in the OTAs maybe he would not be so sore now..

now you are really reaching JR.

The rest of the broncos? The 20 players that were there, half were injured. right.

Fwiw. I have been working out 6 days a week for the past 2 months. Two days ago i did something to my shoulder, i dont know what but it hurts like hell. And now i am not working out until it fixes itself. I didnt do anything differently than i have been. Sucks too because i have a game tonight and i have no idea how i am going to do.

I think you get the point.

jrelway
07-29-2009, 03:18 PM
couldnt agree with you more here. Like Simms said, its more of a business now. People are going to want to renegotiate, change, and alter their contracts. Seems its ok when a coach wants to trade away a player.. thats just business..... but if a player wants to renegotiate, then the player should "be loyal." Cant be both ways.

I think the only people that are distracted, are the media types trying to cause a problem.

exactly.

Lonestar
07-29-2009, 03:18 PM
now you are really reaching JR.

The rest of the broncos? The 20 players that were there, half were injured. right.

Fwiw. I have been working out 6 days a week for the past 2 months. Two days ago i did something to my shoulder, i dont know what but it hurts like hell. And now i am not working out until it fixes itself. I didnt do anything differently than i have been. Sucks too because i have a game tonight and i have no idea how i am going to do.

I think you get the point.

and all but two of them are practicing.. or did I miss something..

underrated29
07-29-2009, 03:28 PM
well Mcd said they only threw like 6 passes. Most of them were there for the conditioning test. He said it was pretty grueling and many were very nervous for it.

"Brandon passed with flying colors." - Direct quote from Josh M.

as for everything else, i heard tues was a walk through not a practice. And branon was there, but coach didnt want him to do anything else.

Remember COACH did not want him to do anything else.

Lonestar
07-29-2009, 03:34 PM
well Mcd said they only threw like 6 passes. Most of them were there for the conditioning test. He said it was pretty grueling and many were very nervous for it.

"Brandon passed with flying colors." - Direct quote from Josh M.

as for everything else, i heard tues was a walk through not a practice. And branon was there, but coach didnt want him to do anything else.

Remember COACH did not want him to do anything else.

IIRC they each got 6 passes thrown to them.. not sure where I heard that but in one of the interviews..

dogfish
07-31-2009, 10:23 PM
Marshall impresses in return to Broncos practice
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 31, 2009 7:49 PM ET

It looks like Brandon Marshall isn't going to suffer from one of those mysterious training camp injuries that often sideline disgruntled players.

Marshall returned to the field for a full practice Friday, his first since undergoing hip surgery on March 31.

Multiple Denver outlets commented that Marshall showed no rust and didn't limp after missing most of the offseason following hip surgery.

Josh McDaniels was asked if he was surprised how good Marshall looked.

"Excited about it; I wouldn't say pleasantly surprised," McDaniels said. "I know he's a good football player. I'm excited about watching him fit into our system and making plays."

The contract year receiver didn't speak to reporters and its believed he still wants to be traded.

It seems unlikely Marshall will get traded, but his only chance for it would be to show suitors that he's fully healthy during the preseason.

And if he stays in Denver, the only way to increase his market value is to put up big numbers, just like he has the last two seasons.

LordTrychon
07-31-2009, 11:30 PM
He's just showing off.

What a jerk.