PDA

View Full Version : Monday Practice Report

Denver Native (Carol)
07-27-2009, 05:54 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/monday-practice-report/

Monday marked the first day of training camp for rookies, all three quarterbacks and a few veterans — Kyle Orton, Chris Simms, Ryan Torain and Brandon Marshall were the only vets who participated. Wesley Woodyard and D.J. Williams were scheduled to participate, but didn’t feel well at the time of practice.

Marshall was back with the team for the first time this offseason.

Here are some quick hits from the quick walk-through session:
# With only one rookie in the position, linebackers coach Don Martindale and assistant linebackers coach Roman Phifer got in some one-on-one instruction with Lee Robinson. All though it did make for one awkward moment, as other coaches yelled out their position for drills (defensive backs, quarterbacks etc.) , Martindale just yelled, “Linebacker!’
# The players sported the team’s 50th anniversary logo on their practice jerseys.
# Orton and Marshall spent a couple of minutes off to the side away from drills talking with one another.
# At 3:44 p.m. the rain started, and 20 minutes later practice ended as a monsoon took over Dove Valley.

More pictures from practice to come shortly.

Lonestar
07-27-2009, 06:17 PM
lets hope Orton and BM can make things work well for the moron this year.. and they will get a contract that is good for both parties worked out..

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
07-27-2009, 10:04 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/monday-practice-report/

Monday marked the first day of training camp for rookies, all three quarterbacks and a few veterans — Kyle Orton, Chris Simms, Ryan Torain and Brandon Marshall were the only vets who participated. Wesley Woodyard and D.J. Williams were scheduled to participate, but didn’t feel well at the time of practice.

Marshall was back with the team for the first time this offseason.

Here are some quick hits from the quick walk-through session:
# With only one rookie in the position, linebackers coach Don Martindale and assistant linebackers coach Roman Phifer got in some one-on-one instruction with Lee Robinson. All though it did make for one awkward moment, as other coaches yelled out their position for drills (defensive backs, quarterbacks etc.) , Martindale just yelled, “Linebacker!’
# The players sported the team’s 50th anniversary logo on their practice jerseys.
# Orton and Marshall spent a couple of minutes off to the side away from drills talking with one another.
# At 3:44 p.m. the rain started, and 20 minutes later practice ended as a monsoon took over Dove Valley.

More pictures from practice to come shortly.

All that really matters. I hope Orton can make things work

dogfish
07-27-2009, 11:26 PM
hey, that's cool-- i didn't know we'd hired roman phifer as a 'backers coach. . . he probably knows way more about bill bellyache's defenses than doogie does. . . hopefully he can help guys like doom and ayers transition to the 3-4. . .

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2009, 02:39 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/tuesday-practice-report/

Tuesday brought a lot less rain but a few more players to practice at Dove Valley.

D.J. Williams and Wesley Woodyard joined the festivities — two more veterans recovering from injuries — after missing yesterday’s session with flu-like symptoms.

Brandon Marshall and Lucas Taylor missed the morning session, which Head Coach Josh McDaniels said was a coaching decision due to soreness.

The morning session was a walkthrough format, and there will be another practice this afternoon from 3-5 p.m. MDT. Check this blog afterwards for more practice notes.

For now, here are some quick hits from Tuesday morning:

# Ryan Clady, Jabar Gaffney, LaMont Jordan, Matt McChesney and J’Vonne Parker were a few of the players spotted walking around Dove Valley today. The veterans are not required to begin practice until Friday’s training camp kickoff.

# The return of Woodyard and Williams meant rookie Lee Robinson and linebackers coach Don Martindale got a little more company. On the other hand, the absence of Marshall and Taylor meant Kenny McKinley and Nate Swift got some extra attention from receivers coach Adam Gase, as they were the only wide outs to participate in practice.

# Ryan Torain was still the lone running back with coach Bobby Turner, working on different formations and practicing routes out of the backfield.

# The rookies in the secondary worked with defensive backs coach Ed Donatell and defensive coordinator Mike Nolan for much of practice. They focused on play calls, going in motion and calling audibles.

# McDaniels watched the quarterbacks — who you might have noticed yesterday are wearing new orange practice jerseys — for much of practice. He pulled rookie Tom Brandstater aside on several occasions to give him pointers on his footwork.

Pictures to come, as well as more tidbits and photos from the afternoon session.

Lonestar
07-28-2009, 02:47 PM
hey, that's cool-- i didn't know we'd hired roman phifer as a 'backers coach. . . he probably knows way more about bill bellyache's defenses than doogie does. . . hopefully he can help guys like doom and ayers transition to the 3-4. . .

how about some background I can't say I have heard of him..

dogfish
07-28-2009, 03:01 PM
how about some background I can't say I have heard of him..

http://www.nfl.com/players/romanphifer/profile?id=PHI017200

he was a fifteen year NFL vet. . . played for all three of NE's championship teams, starting at outside linebacker for the '01 and '03 squads. . .

Lonestar
07-28-2009, 03:03 PM
http://www.nfl.com/players/romanphifer/profile?id=PHI017200

he was a fifteen year NFL vet. . . played for all three of NE's championship teams, starting at outside linebacker for the '01 and '03 squads. . .

now that I see the history I vaguely remember him as a ram.. looked strong according to the stats in NE but do not remember him there..

thanks for the update..

Superchop 7
07-28-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm glad they are working on Tom B's footwork, he is the future and a first ballot hall of famer.

Lonestar
07-29-2009, 12:38 AM
I'm glad they are working on Tom B's footwork, he is the future and a first ballot hall of famer.

and we are all thankful that you added your mini little pearl of thought to this..:salute:

I can rest easy tonight..