PDA

View Full Version : Keith Brooking - LB signed

TheReverend
08-06-2012, 03:43 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/19740656/broncos-search-for-experienced-defensive-depth-continues-with-addition-of-keith-brooking

Depth for DJ's suspension?

Competition for Mays?

Leadership to a young unit?

What do you think?

Northman
08-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Probably good leadership. He was loved in Dallas and Atl for that reason. Not sure how much of an impact as a player he will be at this point in his career.

Timmy!
08-06-2012, 03:46 PM
All of thee above. If he's got anything left in the tank its a good signing.

Chef Zambini
08-06-2012, 04:08 PM
just another indication of how desperate we are at LB, along with safety! I continue to voice my concern about our ability to cover TEs and stop the run. I have been shouting from the rafters since before the draft, now we have these 11 th hour hires by a desperate front office that should have addressed these concers in the draft1 brocko and hillman, along with wolfe better be starters and leaders for years to come because we passed on alot of talent to hand select those guys !
ignoring NEEDS to make selections for the future !

silkamilkamonico
08-06-2012, 04:13 PM
just another indication of how desperate we are at LB, along with safety! I continue to voice my concern about our ability to cover TEs and stop the run. I have been shouting from the rafters since before the draft, now we have these 11 th hour hires by a desperate front office that should have addressed these concers in the draft1 brocko and hillman, along with wolfe better be starters and leaders for years to come because we passed on alot of talent to hand select those guys !
ignoring NEEDS to make selections for the future !

They took a HUGE chance on drafting S in the draft last year. They better not take that same approach for a few years. That would be terrible drafting.

chazoe60
Love this signing. I for one think he still has something left in the tank.

CoachChaz
The best thing Brooking brings is leadership. He'll replace Dawk as the vocal leader of the defense. After that, he'll be a mentor for Mays or anyone else manning the middle. He did wonders for Sean Lee in Dallas.

I like the signing. He wont be a negative on the field and he'll help the younger guys grow. Definitely not what he use to be, but an asset nonetheless.

NightTerror218
08-06-2012, 04:21 PM
I think the LB position is weak for leadership and young. Mays is not a huge leader, he is improving on that aspect. DJ is just a work horse and an ass. Bring in someone to help teach the young LBs.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-06-2012, 04:26 PM
The Broncos took another plunge into the free agent-market Monday, signing veteran linebacker Keith Brooking.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21248127/broncos-sign-five-time-pro-bowl-veteran-lb?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

ShaneFalco
08-06-2012, 04:51 PM
awesome this guy is a great lb, much better to learn from then DJ williams.

Fullback32
08-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Great leadership and tough. Downside...SLOW. Age has caught up to him in the speed department.

Ziggy
08-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Finally- some vocal leadership on the defense. I wish he was 10 years younger, but beggars can't be choosers. He can still be a 2 down MLB.

turftoad
08-06-2012, 07:48 PM
He only started 4 games for the Cowboys last year and he was healthy.

I agree with his leadership qualities but afraid he doesn't have much left in the tank.

Superchop 7
08-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Decent depth as a 2 down linebacker. Not much out there.

chazoe60
08-06-2012, 09:12 PM
Decent depth as a 2 down linebacker. Not much out there.

He's probably a better backup for Manning than that loser Osweiler

jhildebrand
08-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Locker room presence and leadership.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Keith Brooking would like to end his NFL career the way he started it -- in the Super Bowl.

This time, though, he’s on John Elway’s side instead of against him. Making a run at the Super Bowl was one of the reasons the 15-season veteran said he signed with the Broncos. Brookings was a rookie with Atlanta in 1998 when Elway quarterbacked Denver to a win over the Falcons in the Super Bowl. Elway is now the leader of the Broncos and he made the decision to sign Brookings.

“That’s the first thing I mentioned to Elway,” Brookings said Monday. “That’s the first time I’ve seen him since then pretty close up. I mentioned that to him first thing today, I was like ‘By the way I haven’t forgotten '98.'"

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/46476/brookings-happy-to-be-on-elways-side

CoachChaz
08-07-2012, 08:38 AM
He only started 4 games for the Cowboys last year and he was healthy.

I agree with his leadership qualities but afraid he doesn't have much left in the tank.

I dont think they brought him in to be the answer. He's here for depth and leadership. If Mays goes down or plays like shit (likely), KB will get some PT

EastCoastBronco
08-07-2012, 10:27 AM
He can't cover the pass at all but he can still stuff a hole...heh heh..Stuff a hole...

Good pick up.

Dzone
08-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Hope Brooking is another Junior Seau or Chad brown, who both were half way decent later on. 5 pro bowls for Brooking.
We could have drafted Hightower and Wolfe, but we drafted Oz. Hope it turns out to be a smart move in the long run.

TXBRONC
08-08-2012, 10:42 AM
As others have said he was brought in for depth and leadership.

Simple Jaded
08-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Brooking can't be that much worse vs the pass than Mays, who is ssslllooooooowww.......