PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning talks

Denver Native (Carol)
08-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Peyton Manning has been a disaster so far on drives as a Denver Bronco.

The other night, for instance, he left his new house in Cherry Hills to go downtown and drove for 10 minutes the wrong way on I-25 before he figured it out.

"In Indianapolis, I'd go south on the interstate to go downtown, but here, it's north," the Broncos' new QB shrugs. "Seems like every day there's something new to learn. New plays, new players, new city. People ask me if I'm settled in yet. No way, not even close."

Then there's the New Jersey thing. Seeing Peyton Manning in his new Broncos jersey is like seeing Donald Trump in a Greenpeace T-shirt. You want to ask him if he's been Photoshopped.

rest - http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8229222/denver-broncos-qb-peyton-manning-talks

camdisco24
08-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Great article. Thanks for posting Carol!

I'm still not used to seeing Peyton in a Broncos jersey either, but it sure does make me excited for this season! Can week one just get here already???

sneakers
08-05-2012, 03:29 PM
LOL i like the title of the thread....like he hasn't said a word in 25 years, and now he can talk.

Broncos Mtnman
08-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Best quote of the article....

"Tim Tebow could go a week and not hit 15 passes."

One more thing.....

What does Manning have to do with "New Jersey?"

DenBronx
08-05-2012, 04:55 PM
I think it's so dumb that we can't post the full article like we used to in the past.

The funny thing is this is one of the only forums that I see go by this guideline. No one really follows it but here......not sure why.

12and4
08-05-2012, 05:26 PM
I think it's so dumb that we can't post the full article like we used to in the past.

The funny thing is this is one of the only forums that I see go by this guideline. No one really follows it but here......not sure why.

It is pretty dumb but the denverpost had a hissy fit from what i remember.. and they named this forum as the main problem for some reason.

I don't understand it... We go on DP.com more than the average person, yet we're the bad guys lol.

DenBronx
08-05-2012, 05:33 PM
It is pretty dumb but the denverpost had a hissy fit from what i remember.. and they named this forum as the main problem for some reason.

I don't understand it... We go on DP.com more than the average person, yet we're the bad guys lol.

Yeah, I don't get that either. I know they get credit for more hits on their site/articles ect but the majority visit that site on a regular basis anyway. In fact because of this forum and others I go there more than I did before.

For instance Sherdog which is an MMA forum and linked through ESPN. People post full articles without any issues.

I would like to click on a thread and read the whole story without navigating to another site though.

MOtorboat
08-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Stupid media and their copyright laws.

Canmore
08-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Money, it drives everything. If you are not hitting their site you are not looking at their ads and you are not ringing up how many page hits they had. Oh well.