PDA

View Full Version : Broncos draw record crowd for scrimmage at Mile High

Denver Native (Carol)
08-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Camp facts: The Broncos have Sunday off.

Saturday's highlight: On third-and-7 from the defense's 9-yard line, Peyton Manning came up to the line of scrimmage — and audibled. He started yelling and pointing at six guys. The signature Manning audible was a pretty sight to the crowd of 41,304 — more than double the previous stadium scrimmage record — that roared its approval. Manning then threw a perfect back-shoulder pass to Eric Decker, who beat Drayton Florence just inside the goal line for a score.

Saturday's lowlight: The No. 1 offensive line allowed the No. 2 defensive pass rush to collapse the pocket on three consecutive passes by Peyton Manning. Unable to step into his throw on one play, Manning's pass was intercepted by safety David Bruton.

rest - - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21237793/sports

Ziggy
08-04-2012, 09:07 PM
It was packed. We got there at about 2pm, pulled up in a shady spot in the stadium parking lot right under the overpass and grilled some brats. We didn't go up to the stadium until they started letting people in and sat at the 20 yard line in the lower level. It was a lot of fun, but definitely too short. Manning was definitely off today.

Saturday's lowlight: The No. 1 offensive line allowed the No. 2 defensive pass rush to collapse the pocket on three consecutive passes by Peyton Manning. Unable to step into his throw on one play, Manning's pass was intercepted by safety David Bruton.
The biggest reason for this was big Vick putting Beadles on roller skates on nearly every pass play. It's ugly on that interior line.

broncobryce
08-04-2012, 09:31 PM
I thought the circus left town?

DenBronx
08-04-2012, 09:53 PM
It would be nice for an actually full report on the scrimmage instead of just one or two plays.

Where's the play by play or a report on how the whole game was???

Simple Jaded
08-04-2012, 10:13 PM
I thought the circus left town?

It did.

God bless.......

Dzone
08-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Hopefully the Oline is just taking time grasping the new intricate offense rather than the possibility that they might just suck

Ziggy
08-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Hopefully the Oline is just taking time grasping the new intricate offense rather than the possibility that they might just suck

The Broncos are fine at the tackles and right guard. It's the center and left guard that need upgraded.

Dzone
08-04-2012, 10:33 PM
The Broncos are fine at the tackles and right guard. It's the center and left guard that need upgraded.
Exactly. Those two are the weak link in the line, at least so far. Hopefully they will come on later this summer. Im assuming Kuper is back all the way from his broken leg. I havent heard anything about him

iLands
08-05-2012, 12:25 AM
I'd actually be shocked if we don't pick up another offensive lineman from camp cuts.

Chef Zambini
08-05-2012, 01:59 AM
the regular season is one month away.
PM had an orton kind of day in his first scrimmage. did not complete a single pass of 20 yards or more.
... and yet we will be playing with a lead in every game.

Davii
08-05-2012, 02:02 AM
the regular season is one month away.
PM had an orton kind of day in his first scrimmage. did not complete a single pass of 20 yards or more.
... and yet we will be playing with a lead in every game.

Glad to see you finally have some optimism.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-05-2012, 03:18 PM
WHAM!

On the first play of the Broncos' scrimmage Saturday afternoon, Peyton Manning flung the football more than 50 yards toward Demaryius Thomas.

The Broncos didn't get the points on the play, but 41,304 orangeclads got the point right away.

Peyton is going deep in Denver.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_21238513/woody-paige-peyton-manning-clearly-all-well-and

Denver Native (Carol)
08-05-2012, 03:20 PM
It would be nice for an actually full report on the scrimmage instead of just one or two plays.

Where's the play by play or a report on how the whole game was???

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/summer-scrimmage-live-blog/

Nomad
08-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Thanks Carol! I'm anxious for Thursday against Da Bears.

GEM
08-06-2012, 10:14 AM
As I said in another thread....Chris Clark holding Franklin's spot at tackle, Beadles and Walton....Manning's going to have dlinemen in his face all year. Seems to be a serious problem. Not good at all.

Ryan Harris is apparently Clady's backup.

Davii
08-06-2012, 10:31 AM
As I said in another thread....Chris Clark holding Franklin's spot at tackle, Beadles and Walton....Manning's going to have dlinemen in his face all year. Seems to be a serious problem. Not good at all.

Ryan Harris is apparently Clady's backup.

Leave Harris at RT and move Orlando inside!