PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels: Impressive

WARHORSE
07-26-2009, 03:01 AM
Was listening to Gary Miller and Vic Lombardi on cbs 4, and they said they were pretty impressed with Josh McDaniels because he and the Broncos coaching staff already had every minute of every day of practice for the entire training camp mapped out...........AND...........every practice of every game of the entire regular season as well.

I must say......although we know they may make changes........wow.

That is indeed impressive.:coffee:

Also, they were impressed with his hands on approach of coaching as well.

Lets see what tomorrow brings, eh?

http://cbs4denver.com/services/popoff.aspx?categoryId=97&videoId=59969@kcnc.dayport.com&videoPlayStatus=false&videoStoryIds=&videoTime=32.078&stationName=CBS4&

Hawgdriver
07-26-2009, 04:16 AM
Sounds like Coach Wooden. :salute:

SoCalImport
07-26-2009, 05:36 AM
I have to say, I'm not surprised.
This kind of intense preparation is indicative of the kind of person Mr. Bowlen hired to guide our Broncos into the future. And it reminds me a lot of Mike Shanahan when he was younger and hungrier.
Everything about McDaniels says "hands on" workaholic and organized.
Sure He could've handled Jay.C with kid gloves (I don't want a QB that needs handling that way anyway), but that's water under the bridge at this point.
Some people can't understand why there are Broncos Fans that feel good about what's happening with their team.
It's because we believe Pat found the right man for the job.

Nomad
07-26-2009, 07:07 AM
I have to say, I'm not surprised.
This kind of intense preparation is indicative of the kind of person Mr. Bowlen hired to guide our Broncos into the future. And it reminds me a lot of Mike Shanahan when he was younger and hungrier.
Everything about McDaniels says "hands on" workaholic and organized.
Sure He could've handled Jay.C with kid gloves (I don't want a QB that needs handling that way anyway), but that's water under the bridge at this point.
Some people can't understand why there are Broncos Fans that feel good about what's happening with their team.
It's because we believe Pat found the right man for the job.

You're right! I trust Pat has made the right decision and time will tell. McDaniel's is doing what every coach at every level should do and that's plan out the season. Things will change but this proves he is prepared and focused on making this team better. Coaching at the college and pro level (especially pro level) is a whole new world, imo!!

dogfish
07-26-2009, 12:31 PM
i'd be more impressed if they'd been adequately prepared for the draft-- you know, with more than sixty-some prospects ranked on their draft board. . . .

Lonestar
07-26-2009, 01:23 PM
i'd be more impressed if they'd been adequately prepared for the draft-- you know, with more than sixty-some prospects ranked on their draft board. . . .

It was 100 or so on their want list.

Mostly likey pared down from all of scouting reports filed bt the same scouting group that mike used.

Just because they had a short wish list and drafted accordingly that is not a bad thing.

They had a short list they wanted to spend the choices on. Then went after 12 or so UDFA they wanted without wasting a pick on.

Nothing wrong with that. IMHO

Sent via Blackberry.

silkamilkamonico
07-26-2009, 01:28 PM
They had a short list they wanted to spend the choices on. Then went after 12 or so UDFA they wanted without wasting a pick on.

Nothing wrong with that. IMHO

Sent via Blackberry.

Yea I don't undertand what the big deal is with that. They actually looked at football players and not their size/skill set.

"This guy's 6-1 and 330 lbs. With that size he's surely going to be our next starting NT!!"

:rolleyes:

BroncoWave
07-26-2009, 02:20 PM

I'd be more impressed if you actually had any knowledge at all as to how much they prepared for the draft instead of just seeing they only had 60 players on the board and taking that to assume that they didn't prepare adequately. :coffee:

silkamilkamonico
07-26-2009, 02:45 PM
I'd be more impressed if you actually had any knowledge at all as to how much they prepared for the draft instead of just seeing they only had 60 players on the board and taking that to assume that they didn't prepare adequately. :coffee:

That's a good point too. Seriously, considering the last 10 years, what do Bronco fans really know about being successful through the draft.

One or two homeruns out of a plethora of at bats doesn't all of a sudden make someone a home run hitter,

Lonestar
07-26-2009, 05:01 PM
That's a good point too. Seriously, considering the last 10 years, what do Bronco fans really know about being successful through the draft.

One or two homeruns out of a plethora of at bats doesn't all of a sudden make someone a home run hitter,

for the most part we were not when getting doubles let alone tripes and home runs.. most of what mike served up were dinky singles and a few getting on base because of errors..

and there were some spectacular strike outs also..

having 350 players on your board means nothing if 240 are camp fodder and hail marys..

underrated29
07-26-2009, 08:41 PM
I like him as a coach and had a good feel about him and his sytem for us when i first saw him speak and coach. That i love and think he will do well for us.

But he should never have let the jay thing start, or get out of hand. He also is too cocky in his scheme- that seems to have changed some. But i attribute the same thing with scheffler as i do jay.

Had wonder coach actually worked with jay and seen him QB he would have said cassell can lick balls. Lesson learned.

As a coach great, i like. As a personale general manager- i dislike. Cant wait for TC and then the PS and the the Reg Season.

honz
07-26-2009, 10:55 PM
Um...doesn't that mean they were extremely prepared? They knew what type of players they wanted and had thoroughly weeded out players they didn't like and taken them off the board. Now if they had almost every draft eligible player on their board that would be a sign that they weren't prepared.

Scarface
07-27-2009, 08:05 AM
Was listening to Gary Miller and Vic Lombardi on cbs 4, and they said they were pretty impressed with Josh McDaniels because he and the Broncos coaching staff already had every minute of every day of practice for the entire training camp mapped out...........AND...........every practice of every game of the entire regular season as well.

I must say......although we know they may make changes........wow.

That is indeed impressive.:coffee:

Also, they were impressed with his hands on approach of coaching as well.

Lets see what tomorrow brings, eh?

http://cbs4denver.com/services/popoff.aspx?categoryId=97&videoId=59969@kcnc.dayport.com&videoPlayStatus=false&videoStoryIds=&videoTime=32.078&stationName=CBS4&

Shanahan was the same way. He had every minute of every day of the season planned out in advance.

Dean
07-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Even at the high school level each practice is planned out at least up to the first game. After the games begin, strengths and weaknesses both in your team and in the opponents that you might have been unaware of start to emerge. That must then be taken into account and planned for. You can't just throw out a ball and turn them loose.

:coffee:

BroncosSBBound
07-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Had wonder coach actually worked with jay and seen him QB he would have said cassell can lick balls. Lesson learned.

Agreed. I think it was down to establishing himself as top dog and maybe Jay didn't go along with that.

As a coach great, i like. As a personale general manager- i dislike. Cant wait for TC and then the PS and the the Reg Season.

Big time. The last month up to camp is the worst part of the Fb year.