PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Report: WR Brandon Marshall

Denver Native (Carol)
07-25-2009, 01:49 PM
http://den.scout.com/2/881827.html?refid=400

Denver Broncos WR Brandon Marshall confirms he'll report to camp on time, but many question how long he'll last in Josh McDaniels' system.

Brandon Marshall seems ready to offer a temporary truce, but that doesn't mean he's ready to totally move on.

The Broncos receiver promised to show up to training camp on time. He held out of the Broncos' mandatory minicamp and demanded a trade, and the team didn't seem in a hurry to deal him.

Facing large fines every day he doesn't show up, Marshall said he planned to report on time. That's a victory for the team, having its top playmaking receiver in camp.

But Marshall made it clear in a subsequent interview he might not be fully committed to being a Bronco. During an appearance on NFL Network he was asked if he thought he would be wearing No. 15 for the Broncos this season.

"I'm definitely going to be wearing No. 15," Marshall said.

He also didn't directly answer most of the NFL Network's questions about his happiness with the club, deferring to his agent.

"Kennard (McGuire), he's a great agent and I think he's going to handle all of that," Marshall said. "I don't think it would be fair for me to sit up here and kind of bash the organization or the things we've been trying to keep behind closed doors."

What the Broncos have to be concerned about is if they plan to keep Marshall, and all indications are they do, if the fourth-year receiver will be a distraction to the team. Cincinnati had problems with Chad Ochocinco last year when he was unhappy, and Ochocinco turned in a very poor season.

Marshall is driven to be the best receiver in the NFL, and probably wouldn't tank a season if he doesn't get traded. However, if he remains unhappy his situation will bear watching through the preseason and in the early parts of the regular season.

CAMP CALENDAR: Broncos camp begins in full on July 31, when veterans have their first practice, and ends on Aug. 20. On July 27, rookies will report to training camp. The Broncos will also practice twice at Invesco Field at Mile High, for the public on Aug. 6 and again on Aug. 10.

Lonestar
07-25-2009, 02:14 PM
nothing that we did not know already..

WARHORSE
07-25-2009, 02:58 PM
And what did Ochodinko get?

A "stupid" brand on his forehead.

gobroncsnv
07-25-2009, 03:21 PM
And what did Ochodinko get?

A "stupid" brand on his forehead.

Thought that was a birthmark...

Northman
07-25-2009, 03:36 PM
"Kennard (McGuire), he's a great agent and I think he's going to handle all of that," Marshall said. "I don't think it would be fair for me to sit up here and kind of bash the organization or the things we've been trying to keep behind closed doors."

Regardless if Brandon remains a Bronco i give him TONS of kudos for doing it the right way. Its too bad a certain someone else couldnt do the same.

Tned
07-25-2009, 05:46 PM
Regardless if Brandon remains a Bronco i give him TONS of kudos for doing it the right way. Its too bad a certain someone else couldnt do the same.

Just for the record, a certain someone was on record (with the press/interviews) of saying he would show up for every mandatory practice/meeting.

SR
07-25-2009, 07:00 PM
I'm not concerned with his future as a Bronco.

Rick
07-25-2009, 07:40 PM

I am sure a certain someone would have done the same thing if we made him.

Staff just elected with him to go a different direction rather than force him to stay.

Not like that certain someone ever really had a choice.

T.K.O.
07-25-2009, 08:36 PM
with all the changes this offseason ,the one thing we really need (other than massive improvements on D ) is our recievers to remain a solid unit.
brandon is the most important peice to that puzzle and he knows it.
please mr B pay him what he is worth (with obvious provisions for suspension etc...)
big strong 100+ catch recievers are a QB's best friend and a rare find,we need the dude on the field and playing with a chip on his shoulder !:salute:

Northman
07-26-2009, 08:13 AM
Not like that certain someone ever really had a choice.

Uh, yea. Ok. :lol:

Northman
07-26-2009, 08:14 AM
Just for the record, a certain someone was on record (with the press/interviews) of saying he would show up for every mandatory practice/meeting.

And?

Rick
07-26-2009, 10:09 AM
Uh, yea. Ok. :lol:

Your right. The certain someone DID have a choice.

Shutup and play, do a hold out for the remaining time on his contract, retire.

Lonestar
07-26-2009, 10:48 AM

If we are talking about BM he said he would be there because he said I can afford 14K a day in fines. Added that he was not stupid.

Not like he wants to be there. Or if he does those comments kind a wellllll.