PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Brock Osweiler looking like backup plan at quarterback

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Today's question about the Broncos comes from Bill R. in Montana. To submit a question for consideration, send an e-mail to The Denver Post's Jeff Legwold.

Q: Are there any sort of risks if the Broncos make (Brock) Osweiler the backup QB?

A: Bill, if he can perform well in the upcoming preseason games, Osweiler is on track to be the Broncos' No. 2 quarterback.

The Broncos selected the 21-year-old — he'll turn 22 in November — in the second round of the April draft. The model Denver had in mind was similar to the Packers' model.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21228200/broncos-brock-osweiler-looking-like-backup-plan-at

TXBRONC
08-03-2012, 08:42 PM
rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21228200/broncos-brock-osweiler-looking-like-backup-plan-at

Even though he's not starter I'm still looking forward seeing him play in the preseason.

Davii
08-03-2012, 10:29 PM
I hope he tears it up in preseason action

Az Snake
08-04-2012, 12:01 AM
I watched him play here in college.
The dude will have no problem looking down field over linemen that's for sure.
I know it was only college but it's the Pac-1?, lots of action.
Brock never got rattled, always kept his cool.
Kid can throw too. We'll see.
Hope that he does well !

GO BRONCOS !!!

Simple Jaded
08-04-2012, 02:23 AM
So the Broncos have a legitimate NFL starter AND a young developmental project? What a difference a year makes.......

Chef Zambini
08-04-2012, 04:19 AM
I hope brocko tears it up in pre-season and we never see him again during the regular season without a clip-board in his hand.

TXBRONC
08-04-2012, 07:48 AM
Hope that he does well !

GO BRONCOS !!!

The funny thing is there have been critics that have complained he's too tall to play quarterback.

Northman
08-04-2012, 08:39 AM
I think he will be fine. Im looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Nomad
08-04-2012, 09:03 AM
Hope that he does well !

GO BRONCOS !!!

I wasn't thrilled with the pick but like every rookie...it's a wait and see and he'll get his chance, AZ. He is a BRONCO so I hope he is successful.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-04-2012, 10:31 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos' other new quarterback is a 6-foot-8 passing project who's the first signal-caller ever drafted with the intention of one day succeeding Peyton Manning.

Brock Osweiler, who bears a striking resemblance to "Twilight" actor Robert Pattinson, wants to look more like Manning. So, he's taking advantage of his apprenticeship. He seems genuinely thrilled to be in Manning's shadow and for however long it takes, gladly biding his time while learning as much as he can from one of the game's all-time greats.

"Well, I'm in a great situation, no doubt about it," Osweiler said. "I think the biggest thing for me is I'm not wasting a day. Watching everything Peyton does, taking as many notes as I possibly can."

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000039770/article/brock-osweiler-studies-peyton-manning-like-a-book?module=HP11_headline_stack

I love the fact that he is trying to learn as much from Peyton as he can.

Dzone
08-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Saying he looks like some gay looking actor is not cool:elefant:

Northman
08-04-2012, 11:28 AM
rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000039770/article/brock-osweiler-studies-peyton-manning-like-a-book?module=HP11_headline_stack

I love the fact that he is trying to learn as much from Peyton as he can.

Love the attitude.

Davii
08-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Can't beat the attitude. He knows what a great spot he's been placed to be able to play/learn behind one HOF QB and learn from another. This is not an opportunity rookie qbs get.

Dzone
08-04-2012, 04:02 PM
The pick is looking better and better all the time. Surprised how similar his college career was to Rogers.

Ziggy
08-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Right now his only problem is the processing speed on plays run in real time. You could see it in the scrimmage. Even with that, he's already the 2nd best QB on this team. I wouldn't expect any QB outside of Manning to tear it up in the preseason though. Denver's backup Olineman are really, really bad.

Az Snake
08-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Right now his only problem is the processing speed on plays run in real time. You could see it in the scrimmage. Even with that, he's already the 2nd best QB on this team. I wouldn't expect any QB outside of Manning to tear it up in the preseason though. Denver's backup Olineman are really, really bad.

Right Ziggy, that's the #1 hurdle for all NFL rookies.
They have to be able to break through the space-time continuum to adjust to NFL speed.
That takes a while, meanwhile they are in a blur.

I wasn't thrilled with the pick but like every rookie...it's a wait and see and he'll get his chance, AZ. He is a BRONCO so I hope he is successful.

I was surprised too. Brock only started his last year at ASU and with a mediocre team at that.
Someone in the FO must have seen something to select him that high in the draft.
I do remember Brock making tosses with several defenders wrapped around his lower torso lol.
Hope that the young man does well, we'll see.

Go Broncos !!!

G_Money
08-06-2012, 02:18 PM
I was NOT a fan of picking Osweiler, because it's really rare for rookie QBs to be good backups, and I hate spending early picks in the very limited Manning Era of this team on guys who should never see the field. I'd rather have a LaMichael James on the field and contributing than Brock Osweiler taking 3rd team reps and doodling on his clipboard.

But if Osweiler is the backup QB AND learning quickly from the Manningest Manning of em all, those would be two very good signs, and indications I was wrong about Brock.

~G