PDA

View Full Version : Tebow Trade Already Paying Dividends for Broncos Defense

BroncosReport
08-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Lost in the media circus that was Tebowmania (and the resulting trade to the New York Jets after the Broncos acquired quarterback Peyton Manning), is what the team received in exchange for the polarizing young player. To get Tim Tebow, the Jets traded to Denver their 4th and 6th round draft picks in the 2012 NFL Draft and also agreed to pay $2.53 million of his salary advance, which John Elway and the Denver Broncos front office used to select, and presumably pay, rookies Omar Bolden (CB, ASU) and Danny Trevathan (LB, Kentucky) in the draft. As of right now, the Broncos appear to have gotten a great deal.

In the 4th round, Denver selected the talented corner Bolden from Arizona State. Prior to injuring the ACL in his right knee before his senior season could begin, Bolden was considered by many (including John Elway) to be “a 1st or 2nd round talent.” He has elite cover skills and is best as a bump-and-run cover corner, capable of playing out on an island. He is high energy and exemplifies a positive spirit. Bolden was liked and respected by his ASU teammates to such an extent, he was named team captain even though he was unable to play. So far during the Broncos training camp, Bolden has shined. He is completely recovered from the injury, according to team doctors, and He will likely not be expected to contribute right away, but the gifted cornerback can be a mainstay on the Broncos defense for years to come.

Perhaps an even better find is Danny Trevathan. No other rookie has played more with the first team defense than the linebacker from Kentucky. With looming questions about the availability starting LB D.J. Williams, who is facing at least a 6-game suspension and possibly more for his off-the-field conduct, the Broncos have basically kept him off the field in order to prepare for a potentially long period without his services. Meanwhile, Trevathan (pronounced “trev-AY-than”) as been the surprise of training camp. On paper, he was considered to be too short, too slow and too light to be a legitimate NFL linebacker. The Broncos generously list him at 6′ 1″, 232 pounds. But on the field during minicamps and now at training camp, Trevathan has impressed, playing his way into repetitions with the first-team nickle and even first-team base defenses. And he’s earning high praise from coaches.

CLICK HERE TO READ THE REST OF THIS ARTICLE ON BRONCOSREPORT.COM (http://broncosreport.com/2012/08/02/tebow-trade-already-paying-dividends-for-broncos-defense/)

chazoe60
08-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Now spammers are Tebow obsessed. Sumbitch, can we go one day?

Softskull
08-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Shut it Chaz....

Nevermind

I thought this was the McDaniels thread.

Leave Tebow alone.

Dzone
08-02-2012, 10:18 PM
How bout that Tebow? LOL

Dzone
08-02-2012, 10:23 PM
This is such fantastic news right here!

So far during the Broncos training camp, Bolden has shined. He is completely recovered from the injury, according to team doctors

CrazyHorse
08-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Tebow4life

topscribe
08-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Has anybody read the article? It's actually about Trevathan and Bolden.

MOtorboat
08-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Logical discussion about how truly bad Tebow was as a quarterback is difficult, because of the lucky circumstances that led to wins.

Therefore, logical discussion about the return on investment is also skewed.

Getting anything for someone who was that bad as a quarterback is truly astounding. Yes, Tebow is that bad of a quarterback.

Softskull
08-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Has anybody read the article? It's actually about Trevathan and Bolden.

Easy Top. Everything is about Tebow.

CrazyHorse
08-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Logical discussion about how truly bad Tebow was as a quarterback is difficult, because of the lucky circumstances that led to wins.

Getting anything for someone who was that bad as a quarterback is truly astounding. Yes, Tebow is that bad of a quarterback.

He's still better than JaMarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf.

MOtorboat
08-02-2012, 11:08 PM

Is he?

CrazyHorse
08-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Is he?

By most measurements yes, with the exception of completion percentage maybe.

ShaneFalco
08-03-2012, 01:19 AM
always nice to see the tebow lovers taking a shot at him whenever they can

12and4
08-03-2012, 03:33 AM
Not a bad article... worth the read.

MileHighCrew
08-03-2012, 07:05 AM
Exciting to see the Broncos D getting better and better. Hopefully this year there are no "off" weeks

hotcarl
08-03-2012, 08:14 AM
Glad to see tebow making a defensive contribution, this kid can flat play

Ravage!!!
08-03-2012, 09:31 AM

Not yet he's not

Ravage!!!
08-03-2012, 09:36 AM
Not a bad article... worth the read.

It was a good article. I had high hopes for Bolden as soon as we drafted him. I think we got a steal. I didn't know anything about Trevathan, but it sounds like he just needs to put on some NFL weight, and he could be a mainstay for years as well. LOVE how we've been drafting the last couple years.

weazel
08-03-2012, 09:41 AM

oh no you di'nt

G_Money
08-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Trevathan was another pick in the Woodyard mold of aggressive, light-in-the-pants leaders who are good football players. I expected Trevathan to be a special teams guy but I'm thrilled he's showing well in the nickel and some base packages. UK runs a good backer program and I'm glad we went back to the well.

Omar...well, I've liked Omar from the start (thought he might be the best value in the draft), but when Peyton starts talking about Champ and then switches to Bolden instead of our other vets in the defensive backfield, I get really interested. These were two of the picks I liked this year.

If they work out like we hope AND Hillman/Wolfe can do what we need them to do, it'll be a good draft. Can't wait to see em all on the field.

~G

Cugel
08-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Easy Top. Everything is about Tebow.

That's right! Just be glad we're not in NY where "everything isn't about Tebow" it's "everything is about TEEEEBOOOOWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :rolleyes:

turftoad
08-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Who's this Tebo fella everyone is talking about?? :confused:

Cugel
08-03-2012, 11:06 AM
Trevathan was another pick in the Woodyard mold of aggressive, light-in-the-pants leaders who are good football players. I expected Trevathan to be a special teams guy but I'm thrilled he's showing well in the nickel and some base packages. UK runs a good backer program and I'm glad we went back to the well.

Omar...well, I've liked Omar from the start (thought he might be the best value in the draft), but when Peyton starts talking about Champ and then switches to Bolden instead of our other vets in the defensive backfield, I get really interested. These were two of the picks I liked this year.

If they work out like we hope AND Hillman/Wolfe can do what we need them to do, it'll be a good draft. Can't wait to see em all on the field.

~G

When you're a sixth round pick you have to make your impact on special teams to justify a roster spot. Remember CB Chris Harris who was a walk-on FA last year? He started out the #10 CB on the roster, which is essentially training-camp fodder. They #10 CB is just a guy to use during workouts until it's time for the first training camp cuts.

But, every time he got on the field he just started making plays and the coaches kept being forced to notice him "gee, that pretty good."

He ended the preseason on the 53 man roster and by late in the season he was the nickel back in passing situations.

It would be nice to think that Trevathan could do the same thing, come out of nowhere to make the roster and make an impact at LB. God knows we could use some strengthening at LB which is probably the weakest spot on the entire roster right now, with DJ being forced to sit for at least 6 games and no adequate replacements.

Wesley Woodyard is a career backup. If he's starting you're already in trouble. And who's going to back HIM up? Jeremy Franklin? Cyril Obiazor, whoever the hell he is? Utter scrubs!

The LB corps is desperately thin behind Woodyard and they need Trevathan to step up, because he could well play significant minutes at the start of the season backing up Woodyard at the WLB position for the first six games.

I don't know about Omar Bolden. I expected him to seize the KR spot. He's lightning fast and could really be explosive at KR. But he's not standing out so far in training camp. The other day the special teams coach ran out on the field to scream at Bolden for carrying the football like a loaf of bread -- away from his body where it would be sure to be stripped in a regular season game.

He was shouting "You have one job! Get the ball to the offense!" They've tried a bunch of different players at KR without any of them really standing out. Perhaps the best has been special teams ace Matthew Willis, who figures to be the 5th WR behind Bubba Caldwell, Demaryius T., Decker and Stokely. If Willis winds up being the starting KR then they might keep 6 WRs like last year (when Eddie Royal was the KR).

P.S. it will be interesting to see if the newest Bronco, WR Cameron Kenny, who was claimed off waivers from the Seahawks last week can stick around or whether he's simply a short-term loaner who will be cut shortly.

OrangeHoof
08-03-2012, 11:15 AM
They haven't done squat until they've done it in the regular season. I hope we have the defensive equivalent of Terrell Davis here but let's wait until they start hitting guys from other teams.

Cugel
08-03-2012, 11:25 AM
They haven't done squat until they've done it in the regular season. I hope we have the defensive equivalent of Terrell Davis here but let's wait until they start hitting guys from other teams.

Unfortunately that's true. HOwever, the Broncos are so deficient at OLB behind Woodyard and Miller that it's not too soon to start praying for miracles, like a 6th round pick coming out of nowhere to become an impact player.

That would in addition be a sign of good drafting on defense, which would be a huge change from years past.

BroncoStud
08-03-2012, 11:45 AM

Is he?

316 yards passing against the #1 defense on the NFL giving Denver a rare playoff victory post-Elway.

Tebow was certainly better than Orton, and in 2011, that is what ultimately mattered.

NightTerror218
08-03-2012, 11:47 AM
I am excited about this draft class. Oz is surprising me in camp so far. Looking improved with his throwing motion and accurate and showing arm strength. Travathan and Bolden look nice for later round picks, could be some nice steals. Wolfe up to 300 lbs and with that awesome motor. I am mostly excited about our defensive draft picks (ones I named). I want to see how steve johnson as a undrafted rookie is going to turn out, make roster or PS.

PatriotsGuy
08-03-2012, 12:03 PM
How bout that Tebow, eh?

Northman
08-03-2012, 12:06 PM

~G

Good to see you around G.

Ravage!!!
08-03-2012, 12:23 PM

Yeah, lets not talk about anyone on the roster until the season starts. No sense discussing any of the players drafted that are practicing with the team until they've done, squat.

MOtorboat
08-03-2012, 12:27 PM
316 yards passing against the #1 defense on the NFL giving Denver a rare playoff victory post-Elway.

Tebow was certainly better than Orton, and in 2011, that is what ultimately mattered.

Good grief.

PITTSBURGH!

Like I said...logical discussion about Tebow is pretty tough.

Northman
08-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Good grief.

PITTSBURGH!

Whats the matter MO? Did you not see the HOF Bust of Tebow the other day based off that one game?

turftoad
08-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Whats the matter MO? Did you not see the HOF Bust of Tebow the other day based off that one game?

North, it's evident that neither yourself or Mo knows that ONE game makes a Hall of Famer. ;) What the hell's the matter with you guys. :confused:

G_Money
08-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Good to see you around G.

Just layin' low in the offseason. I prefer to talk baseball in the summer instead of whining about He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named - I'll be around here plenty once it's time to start "doin' squat." Now that the pre-season is upon us, let's talk some damn Broncos football. :salute:

~G

Northman
08-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Just layin' low in the offseason. I prefer to talk baseball in the summer instead of whining about He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named - I'll be around here plenty once it's time to start "doin' squat." Now that the pre-season is upon us, let's talk some damn Broncos football. :salute:

~G

Understandable. Probably would be doing the same except i hate baseball so im stuck with whats left. lmao

Mike
08-03-2012, 02:42 PM
I don't know what it is about one kid that makes people go full retard...both sides of the argument.

Northman
08-03-2012, 02:45 PM
I don't know what it is about one kid that makes people go full retard...both sides of the argument.

I was asking myself that all last year when the media was talking about him incessantly. Something about him gets people talking whether good or bad. He's a magnet for attention, at least much more than past players we've had.

Mike
08-03-2012, 02:52 PM
I was asking myself that all last year when the media was talking about him incessantly. Something about him gets people talking whether good or bad. He's a magnet for attention, at least much more than past players we've had.

At this point it reminds me of the two idiots arguing over the homerun in Major League. Who gives a shit? It's gone.

Northman
08-03-2012, 02:53 PM
At this point it reminds me of the two idiots arguing over the homerun in Major League. Who gives a shit? It's gone.

Yea, but dont forget Randy Quad as the heckler. lmao

Mike
08-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Yea, but dont forget Randy Quad as the heckler. lmao

:lol: I need to rewatch it. Haven't seen it in years.

Canmore
08-04-2012, 01:39 AM
Yeah, lets not talk about anyone on the roster until the season starts. No sense discussing any of the players drafted that are practicing with the team until they've done, squat.

Here here. Just because it's the off-season is no reason to discuss football. I guess we might as well wait another month until the real season begins. On second thought...

Simple Jaded
08-04-2012, 08:07 PM
I guess it's probably too early to talk about Dylan Moses playing for the Broncos?.......

Chef Zambini
08-05-2012, 02:28 AM
wait!
what?
we traded tebow?

Canmore
08-05-2012, 02:31 AM
wait!
what?
we traded tebow?

Couldn't play safety!

Chef Zambini
08-05-2012, 09:47 AM
travathen, can he cover the TE?

BroncoStud
08-06-2012, 02:39 AM

Good grief.

PITTSBURGH!

Yes, yes it is. And I haven't seen you contribute much logical to the discussion either. Tebow wasn't a good quarterback, he did have good football instincts and a knack for pulling plays out of his rear late in games, and he did play very well at times and like it or not, he played a major hand in the Broncos playoff run.

Benching Orton and playing Tebow turned 2011 from a depressing Sunday routine to a somewhat exciting season. The guy played his ass off, he did a lot of good for people and the city of Denver, and he quarterbacked a playoff victory...

And I will forever be grateful for the billboard and Tim Tebow, for getting Orton shipped out of town. Also, without Tebow and the miracle wins, Denver doesn't have Manning right now, another reason to appreciate the guy.

MOtorboat
08-06-2012, 02:06 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/06/boomer-esiason-jets-should-cut-tim-tebow/

Of course, that's probably not logical thought because its not pro-Tebow.

Completing half of your passes is below average. Completing less than half is bad. Missing receivers by throwing the ball into the stands is not good. Getting 222 yards on 4 passes doesn't make you "great" and isn't making "great plays." It's a one-time thing; it's virtually impossible to duplicate. Therefore using that game as a barometer for his play is silly and illogical.

You have to look at the complete picture. Statistically, he falls into a category of quarterbacks who never played more than a season or two as a starter, and most, even less than five years after getting drafted are already out of the league.

Watching him play, I don't know how anyone could say he was anything better than below average, with flashes of average.

Chef Zambini
08-06-2012, 04:29 PM
LT probably will end up with more TD passes than tebow.

Simple Jaded
08-06-2012, 04:50 PM
John Elway made Peyton Manning possible, not Tim Tebow's ineptitude.......

ShaneFalco
08-06-2012, 04:51 PM
ppl still hating on tebow lol. get over yourselves.

dude gunna be rushing for tds while you sit at home on sunday watching him do it. LET HIM GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HATERRRRRRRS!

Northman
08-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Someone needs a hug.

Timmy!
08-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Lolz. Tebow.

Canmore
08-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Lolz. Tebow.

He just doesn't go away.

MOtorboat
08-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Yes, yes it is. And I haven't seen you contribute much logical to the discussion either. Tebow wasn't a good quarterback, he did have good football instincts and a knack for pulling plays out of his rear late in games, and he did play very well at times and like it or not, he played a major hand in the Broncos playoff run.

Benching Orton and playing Tebow turned 2011 from a depressing Sunday routine to a somewhat exciting season. The guy played his ass off, he did a lot of good for people and the city of Denver, and he quarterbacked a playoff victory...

And I will forever be grateful for the billboard and Tim Tebow, for getting Orton shipped out of town. Also, without Tebow and the miracle wins, Denver doesn't have Manning right now, another reason to appreciate the guy.

Recently drafted Quarterbacks in first 16 games.

Player
Team
Cmp
Att
Yards
TD
INT
PCT

Cam Newton
Panthers

Matthew Stafford
Lions

Kevin Kolb
Eagles/Cardinals

Chad Henne
Dolphins

Sam Bradfird
Rams

Matt Ryan
Falcons

*Andy Dalton
Bengals

Josh Freeman
Buccaneers

Colt McCoy
Browns

Joe Flacco
Ravens

Trent Edwards
Bills

JaMarcus Russell
Raiders

Mark Sanchez
Jets

*Tim Tebow
Broncos

*Blaine Gabbert
Jaguars

*Brady Quinn
Browns

*Christian Ponder
Vikings

Jimmy Clausen
Panthers

*Has not played 16 games yet.

MOtorboat
08-07-2012, 01:01 AM
FYI, things don't get better the further back you research quarterbacks in their first 16 games.

Back to 2000, the only quarterbacks worse in their first 16 games, yardage-wise, are Ryan Fitzpatrick, JaMarcus Russel, J.P. Losman, David Carr, Brady Quinn, Mark Sanchez, Bruce Gradkowski, Alex Smith, Vince Young, Tarvaris Jackson, Blaine Gabbert, Kyle Boller, Kyle Orton and Jimmy Clausen. Tebow had the worst completion percentage of any quarterback through 16 games since 2000. He was the only quarterback below 50 percent.

Notable quarterbacks above him in yards, Chris Simms, Joey Harrington, Trent Edwards, Matt Leinart, Seneca Wallace...among many.

Notes: these are regular season games, and for quarterbacks who have not played 16 games completely, the numbers were averaged (please reference above chart to see those quarterbacks).

Ravage!!!
08-07-2012, 10:26 AM
Clayton reported that Tebow is looking worse at throwing the ball this year than he did last during TCs. Not only that, but he's getting no snaps with the first team, and only comes in on special packages. Hard to imagine him "taking over the starting spot" when he's not working with the first team at all (barring injury, of course). I think the Jets have seen the light.

EastCoastBronco
08-07-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm thinking replacing Tebow with Manning made our defence better simply because they will be playing against Manning every day in practice.

G_Money
08-07-2012, 11:33 AM
Clayton reported that Tebow is looking worse at throwing the ball this year than he did last during TCs. Not only that, but he's getting no snaps with the first team, and only comes in on special packages. Hard to imagine him "taking over the starting spot" when he's not working with the first team at all (barring injury, of course). I think the Jets have seen the light.

Tebow's a gamer, not a practicer. The first time he just makes some shit up and scores a red zone TD to win a game, Sanchez isn't gonna be able to get out of his shadow. FWIW, I think Sanchez is one of the few QBs that Tebow can be better than AS a passing QB. I'm not a Sanchez fan at all, and Tebow in a true ground-n-pound with an iron defense would be an interesting throwback.

I'm more curious with Tebow about what happens when the bright lights go on and the games really count.

And now I don't have to beg him to learn how to be an NFL QB, so it'll be less stressful for me. Good luck New York. I'm happy with Manning. Osweiler...not yet.

~G

Ravage!!!
08-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Tebow's a gamer, not a practicer. The first time he just makes some shit up and scores a red zone TD to win a game, Sanchez isn't gonna be able to get out of his shadow. FWIW, I think Sanchez is one of the few QBs that Tebow can be better than AS a passing QB. I'm not a Sanchez fan at all, and Tebow in a true ground-n-pound with an iron defense would be an interesting throwback.

I'm more curious with Tebow about what happens when the bright lights go on and the games really count.

And now I don't have to beg him to learn how to be an NFL QB, so it'll be less stressful for me. Good luck New York. I'm happy with Manning. Osweiler...not yet.

~G

See, this "he's a gamer, not a practicer" just doesn't work with me at alllllll. That's just excuses. Because how can you get on the same page with your WRs, your OL, your RBs, and everyone else if you can't hit the routes in practice? How can the coaches look at the rest of the players on the team and say "we are putting our best players on the field, and you earn your spot in practice. Yet, we are putting Tebow in at QB even though he's proved he can't hit the broad side of a barn in practice."

Why do you think that Manning and Brady are sooooo tough on their players during practice? The players that practice with Brady and Brees at talked time and time again about just how "serious" they are that everything is perfect in practice.Because THEY know, that if you can't do the things in practice, you can't do them in games. Game time is the fun time that is the result of GOOD practicing. We saw that. Tebow is a bad passer, and even in practice showed that he can't hit the routes. So, in games, he didn't hit the routes. As a result you certainly don't throw the ball because you saw in practice that the guy can't hit the routes or make the reads.

G_Money
08-07-2012, 12:22 PM
I didn't say it was a good thing that Tebow isn't a practicer.

It'd be best to be good at both - it's not like being a practicer but not a gamer is a better thing.

Tebow has never looked good in practice, which is one reason I can't see him achieving the heights he would like to achieve. Like you said, it's hard to get on the same page with your teammates and improve team performance.

It doesn't stop him from somehow making stuff work in games that should never work. Like I said, now it's the Jets problem to figure out how to get the last 5 minutes of games to show up in practice and the first 3 quarters. If they solve that Rubik's Cube, though, then Sanchez is a dead man, because he's got the leadership qualities of a 3-days-dead squirrel and he's no great shakes as a QB, either.

For us, I'm more concerned with other things.

~G

CoachChaz
08-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Orton was supposedly really good in practice. Who would you prefer? Orton or Tebow?

Damn...how did I get sucked into discussing former QB's?

Ravage!!!
08-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Orton was supposedly really good in practice. Who would you prefer? Orton or Tebow?

Damn...how did I get sucked into discussing former QB's?

I'm not saying that practice is the ONLY thing. We don't really know how well Orton practiced, we only know that he practiced MUCH better than Tebow. I'm saying that if you can't practice "well"... especially as a QB... then how do you expect to play well in games when it matters?? Tebow didn't play well when it mattered. How do you tell your team that "everyone is competing for their job, we will play the best player".... when Tebow is showing that he can't hit the simple routes, make the right reads, doesn't get the ball out on time, and can't throw accurately with the excuse of "well, he just doesn't practice well."

CoachChaz
08-07-2012, 12:34 PM
I'm not saying that practice is the ONLY thing. We don't really know how well Orton practiced, we only know that he practiced MUCH better than Tebow. I'm saying that if you can't practice "well"... especially as a QB... then how do you expect to play well in games when it matters?? Tebow didn't play well when it mattered. How do you tell your team that "everyone is competing for their job, we will play the best player".... when Tebow is showing that he can't hit the simple routes, make the right reads, doesn't get the ball out on time, and can't throw accurately with the excuse of "well, he just doesn't practice well."

I dont disagree. Fortunately, we have a QB that historically practices and plays well. The Tebow/Orton era is over.

Chef Zambini
08-07-2012, 12:41 PM
the best thing about tim tebow is that he is no longer a denver bronco.
second best thing would be his philanthropy.
I am will ing to hear arguemnets about the order of merit.
but those two are 1 and 2.
the worst thing about TT is the cumpulsion to continue to talk about him.

EastCoastBronco
08-07-2012, 02:03 PM
The sooner he can unseat Dirty Sanchez in NY the better.
I'm glad we have Manning now but I do love to watch Timmy Touchdown play ball...

Ravage!!!
08-07-2012, 02:17 PM
The sooner he can unseat Dirty Sanchez in NY the better.
I'm glad we have Manning now but I do love to watch Timmy Touchdown play ball...

I dont think he does. I think he comes in on special packages and in redzone, but I don't think he'll take over the starting spot.

Clayton was at NY camp this last week and says there absolutely is no QB controversy. There isn't competition, and he says that its very obvious that Sanchez doesn't have any need to worry about his starting spot. Tebow looks worse throwing the ball this year than he did last.

The problem for Sanchez is that if Tebow gets a lot of redzone (inside the ten) packages, that its going to really hurt Sanchez's stats. Which is why most QBs wouldn't like someone coming in and taking over their "redzone" offense. That being said, who's the Jets going to throw to? Their WR corp is just, terrible.

Northman
08-07-2012, 02:27 PM
I dont think he does. I think he comes in on special packages and in redzone, but I don't think he'll take over the starting spot.

Clayton was at NY camp this last week and says there absolutely is no QB controversy. There isn't competition, and he says that its very obvious that Sanchez doesn't have any need to worry about his starting spot. Tebow looks worse throwing the ball this year than he did last.

The problem for Sanchez is that if Tebow gets a lot of redzone (inside the ten) packages, that its going to really hurt Sanchez's stats. Which is why most QBs wouldn't like someone coming in and taking over their "redzone" offense. That being said, who's the Jets going to throw to? Their WR corp is just, terrible.

I dont see it either honestly.

ShaneFalco
08-07-2012, 04:42 PM
tebow tebow tebow tebow!

CoachChaz
08-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Back to the title of the thread...I guess I'm having trouble seeing how an undersized LB and a CB coming off of a major injury...that havent played a game yet...are "already" paying dividends.

G_Money
08-07-2012, 06:02 PM
Hey, I remember how the Cutler trade paid dividends right off the bat. Thank God for Ayers and Quinn.

I have hopes for our corner, though - at least he's got the talent.

~G

Softskull
08-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Hey, I remember how the Cutler trade paid dividends right off the bat. Thank God for Ayers and Quinn.

I have hopes for our corner, though - at least he's got the talent.

~G

I think this may be the case that regardless of how the draft turns out (I still hold out hope for Ayers) we may have had addition by subtraction. Tebow had great heart and legs and may even marry my only daughter with sincere blessing, but I still want someone that could accurately toss the skin leading my beloved Broncos.

Dzone
08-07-2012, 08:08 PM
Jets camp, day 12- Tebow on Boomer Esiason: “I’ve heard nothing but great things about Mr. Esiason. I know he was a great player here, and I just wish him nothing but the best in his announcing, and God bless him.”

:pound:

Simple Jaded
08-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Back to the title of the thread...I guess I'm having trouble seeing how an undersized LB and a CB coming off of a major injury...that havent played a game yet...are "already" paying dividends.

Who cares if they can play, they have heart and a will to win.......

Simple Jaded
08-07-2012, 08:27 PM
I didn't say it was a good thing that Tebow isn't a practicer.

It'd be best to be good at both - it's not like being a practicer but not a gamer is a better thing.

Tebow has never looked good in practice, which is one reason I can't see him achieving the heights he would like to achieve. Like you said, it's hard to get on the same page with your teammates and improve team performance.

It doesn't stop him from somehow making stuff work in games that should never work. Like I said, now it's the Jets problem to figure out how to get the last 5 minutes of games to show up in practice and the first 3 quarters. If they solve that Rubik's Cube, though, then Sanchez is a dead man, because he's got the leadership qualities of a 3-days-dead squirrel and he's no great shakes as a QB, either.

For us, I'm more concerned with other things.

~GWhy is it that Tim Tebow is the only QB allowed to stink it up just as long as he wins? Sanchez has proved to be a far better QB, passer and winner at the Pro level yet you'd think people were talking about Tebow and his 8-6 record instead of Sanchez.......

CoachChaz
08-08-2012, 08:15 AM
Who cares if they can play, they have heart and a will to win.......

Yeah. What was I thinking

Ravage!!!
08-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Why is it that Tim Tebow is the only QB allowed to stink it up just as long as he wins? Sanchez has proved to be a far better QB, passer and winner at the Pro level yet you'd think people were talking about Tebow and his 8-6 record instead of Sanchez.......

This was on the Cowherd show this morning. People want to say that "Tebow is a winner"... but he's just 9-7 as a starter. A 58 yrd field goal, and a fumble in OT, from being a .500 player. Sanchez is well over .500. "But Tebow won a playoff game." Sanhez has 4, away, playoff wins.

BroncoStud
08-08-2012, 10:23 AM
There is just so much venom for Tebow that he will have to double the expectations of some, conversely do half of what is required from his fans - to win praise. We've seen it since he was drafted.

If you JUST look at passing skill, yes, he's below average. If you take into account his rushing/passing/clutch/leadership then he is about average. Horrible at times, great at times. He was always a long-term project. It's not his fault Orton sucked to the degree he did.

Sanchez is a lame duck. The fans will want to see Tebow, Sanchez will struggle, Tebow will pull shit out of nowhere and Sanchez will be done. Then the JETS will be where we were this offseason - what now?

Personally I was very happy with Cutler, but that was stolen by a ******** dwarf.

Simple Jaded
08-08-2012, 11:26 AM
There is just so much venom for Tebow that he will have to double the expectations of some, conversely do half of what is required from his fans - to win praise. We've seen it since he was drafted.

If you JUST look at passing skill, yes, he's below average. If you take into account his rushing/passing/clutch/leadership then he is about average. Horrible at times, great at times. He was always a long-term project. It's not his fault Orton sucked to the degree he did.

Sanchez is a lame duck. The fans will want to see Tebow, Sanchez will struggle, Tebow will pull shit out of nowhere and Sanchez will be done. Then the JETS will be where we were this offseason - what now?

Personally I was very happy with Cutler, but that was stolen by a ******** dwarf.

Personally, I don't think I expected too much from Tebow, I just expected what we saw from Jay Cutler.......1st round talent.......

Simple Jaded
08-08-2012, 11:29 AM
This was on the Cowherd show this morning. People want to say that "Tebow is a winner"... but he's just 9-7 as a starter. A 58 yrd field goal, and a fumble in OT, from being a .500 player. Sanchez is well over .500. "But Tebow won a playoff game." Sanhez has 4, away, playoff wins.

Cowherd has a way of cutting thru the bullshit.......

Mike
08-08-2012, 12:26 PM

I don't want to get pulled into these arguments, but the Jets are stacked with talent...Denver not so much. Tebow aside, Sanchez is not a good QB.

Plenty of ways to attack Tebow/Sanchez...this shouldn't be one of them, IMO.

Ravage!!!
08-08-2012, 12:36 PM
I don't want to get pulled into these arguments, but the Jets are stacked with talent...Denver not so much. Tebow aside, Sanchez is not a good QB.

you could use that same argument for every QB comparison.

Mike
08-08-2012, 12:40 PM
you could use that same argument for every QB comparison.

Ok. Continue retarded bashing of bad QB in favor of another bad QB then.

Simple Jaded
08-08-2012, 12:45 PM

So you're saying Sanchez was a product of the team around him? Good grief!

Jets won with defense and running game, sound familiar? Yet it's Sanchez that Tebow fans wipe their ass with. If Sanchez isn't a good QB (and he's good, that's about it) what does that make a QB who can't or won't complete 75% of the routes on the field?

Denver had the better WR's, OL and RB's, yet the Broncos offense got even worse with Tebow at QB. Besides, the point is that Sanchez "just wins", so far he's been Tim Tebow with better everything except mobility. Even still, as far as running game goes, Sanchez managed the same amount of rushing TD's as Tebow.

Tebow may turn out to be the better QB, but that's not saying much and at the moment Sanchez is a far better player.......

Mike
08-08-2012, 01:15 PM
So you're saying Sanchez was a product of the team around him? Good grief!

Jets won with defense and running game, sound familiar? Yet it's Sanchez that Tebow fans wipe their ass with. If Sanchez isn't a good QB (and he's good, that's about it) what does that make a QB who can't or won't complete 75% of the routes on the field?

Denver had the better WR's, OL and RB's, yet the Broncos offense got even worse with Tebow at QB. Besides, the point is that Sanchez "just wins", so far he's been Tim Tebow with better everything except mobility. Even still, as far as running game goes, Sanchez managed the same amount of rushing TD's as Tebow.

Tebow may turn out to be the better QB, but that's not saying much and at the moment Sanchez is a far better player.......

You misunderstand. It is my opinion that both are bad QBs...though Tebow shines when the pressure is on and Sanchez folds. I wouldn't want either of them to QB my team. The Jets as a team were superior to Denver player for player though. Denver has a better coach, IMO.

The Jets have been a better team not because of Sanchez, but in spite of him. He has had moments of good play, but he is not a good QB. If you think differently I don't know what else to say...

Simple Jaded
08-08-2012, 02:20 PM
You misunderstand. It is my opinion that both are bad QBs...though Tebow shines when the pressure is on and Sanchez folds. I wouldn't want either of them to QB my team. The Jets as a team were superior to Denver player for player though. Denver has a better coach, IMO.

The Jets have been a better team not because of Sanchez, but in spite of him. He has had moments of good play, but he is not a good QB. If you think differently I don't know what else to say...Sanchez folds? How many 4th qtr come from behind wins does he have? I bet you don't know. I've seen Sanchez play, and play well in pressure situations. In fact, he really didn't play well until the pressure was on. Again, sound familiar? In fact, there is far more pressure on Sanchez; Tebow has just had the pressure of proving his critics wrong, he gets brownie points for winning ugly. While Sanchez (and every other NFL QB) is expected to win and actually look like a legitimate NFL QB doing it.

Sanchez has never looked as bad as Tebow yet we heap the hype on Tebow ("Tebow shines") and heap the shit on his competition ("Sanchez folds"). Sanchez is everything people insist Tebow is, and then some. In reality, with the way the Tebow hype machine is spinning it you would think that the Jets brought in Sanchez to compete with Tebow.

I wouldn't want either QBing my team either, but Sanchez has at least proven to be a competent/good player, right around Matt Cassel and Ryan Fitzpatrick, definitely one of the legitimate starting QB's in the league. Something that can't be said about Tebow. Tebow certainly could turn out to be the better QB, but he isn't even close up to this point and by reading your/others opinion of Sanchez I'd swear you were actually talking about Tebow.

Btw "The Jets as a team were superior to Denver player for player though", including QB?.......

ShaneFalco
08-09-2012, 01:06 AM
so tebow took first team reps with the jets offense today. 1 for 2. The one pass being a 52 yard td pass over cromartie.

hm.....

cant wait to watch preseason.

Canmore
08-09-2012, 01:12 AM
so tebow took first team reps with the jets offense today. 1 for 2. The one pass being a 52 yard td pass over cromartie.

hm.....

Don't care much for preseason except for the Broncos, but I am interested come the regular season.

Simple Jaded
08-09-2012, 01:40 AM

hm.....

What were Sanchez's stats?.......

NightTerror218
08-09-2012, 11:35 AM

also much easier to be a winning QB when you have the #1 defense behind you for half of your seasons in the league.

NightTerror218
08-09-2012, 11:36 AM
What were Sanchez's stats?.......

7 of 13 with an int

Ryan said sanchez is looking amazing. Ryan put Tebow in the see how he would do against #1 defense. It was the exact same defensive play that he ran for a touchdown on in the game last season. This time he fired a bullet for TD.

Ravage!!!
08-09-2012, 01:24 PM
7 of 13 with an int

Ryan said sanchez is looking amazing. Ryan put Tebow in the see how he would do against #1 defense. It was the exact same defensive play that he ran for a touchdown on in the game last season. This time he fired a bullet for TD.

wow.... a bullet! Man, he's awesome.

NightTerror218
08-09-2012, 01:25 PM
wow.... a bullet! Man, he's awesome.

From article on ESPN:
Ryan wanted to see Tebow perform with Jets' first-team offense and face the starting defense in a blitz-heavy, third-down period. On his second and final snap with the starters, Tebow escaped a blitzing linebacker and threw a 60-yard touchdown to Patrick Turner.

Ravage!!!
08-09-2012, 01:27 PM
From article on ESPN:
Ryan wanted to see Tebow perform with Jets' first-team offense and face the starting defense in a blitz-heavy, third-down period. On his second and final snap with the starters, Tebow escaped a blitzing linebacker and threw a 60-yard touchdown to Patrick Turner.

Whooo Hoooo!!!! He's got it down! The guy is amazing!

Simple Jaded
08-11-2012, 03:02 AM
Have we ever seen a moment-by-moment breakdown of a single play by a backup QB get so much attention? Tim Tebow would change his name to "TV Listings" to get his name in the paper but it's completely unnecessary, when the dude picks his nose it's contractually obligated national breaking news.......

chazoe60
08-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Have we ever seen a moment-by-moment breakdown of a single play by a backup QB get so much attention? Tim Tebow would change his name to "TV Listings" to get his name in the paper but it's completely unnecessary, when the dude picks his nose it's contractually obligated national breaking news.......

And guys like you who can not quit talking about him are the reason.

Nomad
08-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Jack Del Rio paying dividends for BRONCOS defense

Simple Jaded
08-11-2012, 08:44 PM
And guys like you who can not quit talking about him are the reason.

Ha! Yeah, it's because of people like me. According to you somebody posted a frame-by-frame detailed description of a single, solitary play, all for my benefit? Aw shucks. And to think I thought you Tebow fans didn't like me.......