PDA

View Full Version : Details and information for the free Broncos Summer Scrimmage Sat at Mile High

Tned
08-02-2012, 07:35 AM
The following is the information that the Denver Broncos have released for fans that are interested in going to the Denver Broncos' Summer Scrimmage at Sports Authority Field at Mile High this Saturday, August 4th.

As a side note, coming from someone who has been personally touched by Melanoma, you can also take advantage of a free skin cancer screening (details below). While most people still hear "skin cancer" and they think it's not a dangerous cancer, the fact is that Melanoma that isn't detected early is one of the most deadly and un-treatable of all cancers. Melanoma is on the rise, but when detected early, it has an extremely high survival rate (97% or so, vs. 10% or so if detected late).

Show your support for the Broncos and get a look at Manning and the new look Broncos.

https://miles.jhtmediallc.com:2096/cpsess9664536226/3rdparty/roundcube/?_task=mail&_action=get&_uid=5755&_mbox=INBOX&_part=6&_embed=1

DENVER — Please see below for fan and media information about Saturday’s Summer Scrimmage at Sports Authority Field at Mile High at 3:50 p.m.

FAN INFORMATION:
* - Admission and parking are free. Parking is available in all stadium lots. Gates will open at 3:30 p.m. (Please note that parking in the neighborhood streets surrounding Sports Authority Field at Mile High is strictly prohibited. Guests who park in the neighborhoods surrounding Sports Authority Field at Mile High are subject to citation and tow by the City of Denver’s Right of Way and Permit Enforcement Division).

* - Fans are encouraged to arrive early to avoid delays entering the stadium as a large crowd is expected. Nearly 40,000 fans attended the Summer Scrimmage during the past two years, including a record crowd of 20,782 in on Aug. 7, 2010, that represented the largest attendance for a training camp practice in Broncos history. IMPORTANT TRAFFIC ADVISORY: Parking lots at the stadium are expected to fill up quickly. Fans are encouraged to carpool or use public transportation options, if possible. Overflow parking will be located in the Auraria Campus and Pepsi Center parking lots and fans may be required to pay for parking at these lots.

* - Entry to the stadium will be through Gates 4, 9 & 10. The standard stadium bag and prohibited item policy will be in place. Bags must be soft-sided and no larger than 12” x 12” x 12”. Non-alcoholic beverages in plastic bottles that are still factory sealed are permitted through stadium gates.

* - Seating for the practice is general admission. Fans will be directed to the seating areas of the stadium that will be open.

* - The Broncos will practice in full pads, and the session will include several ‘live’ periods. Broncos radio play-by-play announcer Dave Logan (850 KOA) will emcee the event for the crowd.

* - Broncos cheerleaders and alumni will be available to sign autographs for fans from 3:30-5 p.m. at Gates 8 & 9 of the stadium.

* - A Broncos Kids Zone will be set up starting at 2:30 p.m. at the Sports Legends Mall at the south entrance of the stadium with inflatables, Gatorade Jr. Training Camp and autographs from Denver Broncos Cheerleaders and Miles the Mascot for kids.

* - Melanoma Exposed is an educational campaign – led by leading melanoma advocacy groups, former coach Bill Cowher and Bristol-Myers Squibb – to raise awareness of melanoma and its risk factors and to encourage people to get screened. As part of the Broncos’ partnership with Melanoma Exposed, free skin cancer screenings will be held at the Sports Legends Mall from 1:30 – 6:30 p.m. For more information, visit www.MelanomaExposed.com (http://www.melanomaexposed.com/).

* - Performances by the Denver Broncos Cheerleaders, Mile High Tumblers and The Thunderstorm jump team will take place on the field immediately following the practice.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS FOR FANS

Time
Event

2:30 p.m.
Kids Zone opens at Sports Legends Mall

3:30 p.m.
Stadium Gates (10,9 & 4) open to the public

3:30-5 p.m.
Alumni autographs at Gate 8

Cheerleader autographs at Gate 9

Face painting and caricatures at Gate 6

3:50 p.m.
Practice/Scrimmage

Post-practice
Performances by the Denver Broncos Cheerleaders,

Mile High Tumblers and The Thunderstorm jump team

broncofaninfla
08-02-2012, 08:23 AM
Sure wish I still lived in Denver......I'd def be there!

GEM
08-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Haven't missed one since they started, won't be missing it this year. My dad and I always have a good time, plus the last month has been pretty chaotic so Saturday will be a good break. Better not freaking rain!!! They should schedule this at around 11...then no worries about rain.

silkamilkamonico
08-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Damn Olympics won't let me get away!

Ziggy
08-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Does anyone know what you can bring into the stadium? Water bottles, snacks, anything of that nature?

Tned
08-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Does anyone know what you can bring into the stadium? Water bottles, snacks, anything of that nature?

Quoted from my original post ;)

The standard stadium bag and prohibited item policy will be in place. Bags must be soft-sided and no larger than 12” x 12” x 12”. Non-alcoholic beverages in plastic bottles that are still factory sealed are permitted through stadium gates.

MasterShake
08-02-2012, 02:07 PM
I'm so excited for this. I'm taking my son to the stadium for the first time. Such a cool way to watch practice. I remember going to what I think was the first one in 2009 and it was great.

Ziggy
08-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Quoted from my original post ;)

Thanks T. I somehow managed to skip right over that.

Tned
08-02-2012, 02:39 PM
Thanks T. I somehow managed to skip right over that.

It was kind of buried and I quickly copied/pasted it from their press release, and it isn't formatted very well.

shank
08-02-2012, 04:33 PM
i'll be there.

Italianmobstr7
08-02-2012, 05:52 PM
I'll be there as well. Can't wait. Went to training camp practices the past Sat & Sun. Going to the stadium one Saturday too. Love living here.

Tned
08-02-2012, 06:41 PM
I'll be there as well. Can't wait. Went to training camp practices the past Sat & Sun. Going to the stadium one Saturday too. Love living here.

Mason and Renaud on MHS radio the other night were speculating about how many people would be there, based on the current excitement. Mason said he expected around 30k, where Renaud was saying 50k. I think 50's high, but it would be great if near that many showed up.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@PostBroncos

Big cheers for Peyton Manning as he trots to north end of the stadium for warmups. Players not yet in football uniforms. #Broncos

Gates are open, fans streaming into the lower bowl. Many running to try to get the seats they want. #Broncos

Stadium lots all full. If you're not here yet, well, plan on parking elsewhere. Or taking Light Rail. #Broncos

Sounds like at least one gate (10) will open early, closer to 3 pm. #broncos
Expand

The good news when it comes to the field is that they still have two weeks till they play a real game here.

The field does not appear in very good shape. Thank you, Kenny Chesney. #broncos pic.twitter.com/F0uFh7q7
View photo

Orlando Franklin also out on the field early, working with a strength/conditioning coach. He was cleared yesterday to return from concussion

Just like on regular game days, JD Walton and Zane Beadles the first guys on the field before today's scrimmage #Broncos

New permanent signage up on north end of stadium #broncos pic.twitter.com/eqJ8FqSA
View photo

The crowd waiting to enter at Gate 4 (northside) - 2 hours till practice starts. #broncos pic.twitter.com/FUVCMX8y
View photo

Just got to stadium. Lower north lots almost full. Long lines already of folks waiting to go in.

whoa RT @psmyth12: Fans already lining up for Broncos scrimmage at Sports Authority Field that begins in four hours. pic.twitter.com/CWHHyVMo
View photo

Denver Native (Carol)
08-04-2012, 05:05 PM

Fans now being taken to club level seats. Upper corner of south stands still has room

Peyton Manning's Mile High debut. A fan in first row yells, "welcome to Colorado, man!" pic.twitter.com/TJHgJfuf
View photo

Broncos PR says already +30K fans here

The lower bowl is full just about full. About 35K when that is at capacity.

Blog: Broncos sign safety Jim Leonhard http://dpo.st/NgOAPX #broncos

Blog: Broncos sign veteran safety Jim Leonhard http://dpo.st/NgNSlB #broncos

And now team has confirmed Leonhard's signing, via John Elway's twitter. As per usual.

Heard they're charging fans to park in overflow lots at Pepsi Center. So, Stan Kroenke cashing in on Broncos? Conspiracy!

Safety Jim Leonhard Tweets from his verified account that he has signed with #Broncos. Team not confirming yet.

Call Me Maybe over the stadium PA. Yessssss

Blog: Peyton Manning update http://dpo.st/RzOKDw #broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
08-04-2012, 05:25 PM
When Michael Green and his son, Christopher, woke around 5 a.m., they thought they were already late for the Broncos' open scrimmage at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

But when the duo and a couple friends arrived at the south side of the stadium at 7:30 a.m., they were the first fans in line at Gate 10.

"My wife told me last night it was going to be crazy," Green said. "We almost spent the night."

For more than seven hours, the Greens waited just outside the stadium's southwest entrance. They ate breakfast, lunch and some snacks, kept themselves hydrated, walked a few laps around the perimeter of the stadium and bought some gear at the team store.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21236962/broncos-fans-flock-scrimmage-at-sports-authority-field?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Fullback32
08-04-2012, 06:15 PM
I was already to go when I woke up this morning, but then my son came down with something. Granted, he's 17 and could take care of himself, but I simply couldn't go without him as he was looking as forward to it as my wife and I.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-04-2012, 06:26 PM

Announced crowd is 41,304. #Broncos

The third string defense now out to play third string offense. I'm heading back to field level. Tweet ya laters. #broncos

Mays is back in #broncos

Offensive penalties on Weber's first two snaps. So .... there's there. #Broncos

Next QB up is Weber. No score for offense on Hanie's possession. #Broncos

MLB Joe Mays banged up after a running play. Walks off with a pair of trainers. #Broncos

#Broncos starting defense trying to pump up crowd, make it noises.

Caleb Hanie gets some boos. Right now, he's 1-for-3, has been sacked, and just grounded a pass.

Derek Wolfe getting some snaps at DT with first defense. (Impt to note Bannan not playing) #Broncos

Just like the scrimmage last year, the first-team pass rushers teeing off on backup QBs. #Broncos

Caleb Hanie is the second QB up today. #Broncos

Before the TD pass, Manning was Manning, audible-ing and motioning at line. Fans went nuts. TD pass was 9 yards, to front left corner of EZ.

Manning recovers in second half of drive, throws TD to Eric Decker. #Broncos

Not a sharp first series for No. 1 offense: Manning starts off 1-for-4. #Broncos

Orlando Franklin, as expected, held out of team work. Chris Clark at RT.

Here we go, scrimmage time. No. 1 offense vs. No. 2 defense. #broncos

Justin Bannan not going to participate because of calf. Orlando Franklin is in pads, but likely limited.

DJ Williams not going to be part of the scrimmage. He's not in pass; is wearing a ball cap not helmet.

Ronnie Hillman not practicing today at scrimmage. Also out: Q Carter, G Orton and T Grisham. Still waiting on o line & d tackles #broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
08-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Summer Scrimmage: Live Blog

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/summer-scrimmage-live-blog/