PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Willis McGahee still going strong after 1,000-yard season in '11

Denver Native (Carol)
08-01-2012, 03:20 PM
There's conventional wisdom. And then there's Willis McGahee.

Take a poll of personnel people around the NFL about players who may have aged somewhat gracefully in a league that usually punishes its 30-something crowd with the threat of unemployment, and McGahee's name will inevitably come up.

After all, he led the league's No. 1 rushing team in rushing in 2011 at age 30. He also went to the Pro Bowl — as an injury replacement — to close out his ninth year in the league. And he has done all this having started his career as a Buffalo Bills rookie in 2003, one who had torn three ligaments in his left knee in his final college game.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21201358/broncos-willis-mcgahee-still-going-strong-after-1

Northman
08-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Hell's yes.

shank
08-01-2012, 06:04 PM
if he and moreno can stay healthy, i think we actually have a very dynamic trio in them and hillman. peyton will only open things up for these guys, moreno is good receiving out of the backfield, and i have a feeling that hillman in space is going to be a ton of fun to watch.

NightTerror218
08-01-2012, 06:23 PM
I would be very happy with 1000 by him and 500+ from hillman

Chef Zambini
08-02-2012, 02:07 AM
if he and moreno can stay healthy, i think we actually have a very dynamic trio in them and hillman. peyton will only open things up for these guys, moreno is good receiving out of the backfield, and i have a feeling that hillman in space is going to be a ton of fun to watch.they all need to excel at picking up the blitz and being an effective blocker! the best blocker will get the most playing time and he will be rewarded by PM for his passing game contributions.
yards RUSHING is no longer going to be the bellweather of contributions!
total yards from scrimmage is the important stat, and as i stated, keeping PM safe and upright, the first priority !
who we got at fullback?
and dont be surprized if we leave the huddle with 3 TEs and one ends up in the backfield !

Chef Zambini
08-02-2012, 02:08 AM
I want a thousand yards from scrimmage from hillman !

Canmore
08-02-2012, 02:29 AM
they all need to excel at picking up the blitz and being an effective blocker! the best blocker will get the most playing time and he will be rewarded by PM for his passing game contributions.
yards RUSHING is no longer going to be the bellweather of contributions!
total yards from scrimmage is the important stat, and as i stated, keeping PM safe and upright, the first priority !
who we got at fullback?
and dont be surprized if we leave the huddle with 3 TEs and one ends up in the backfield !

Isn't Gronkowski the pick-up at fullback?

Canmore
08-02-2012, 02:32 AM
I want a thousand yards from scrimmage from hillman !

Boy would I love to see that and have our runningbacks stay healthy. Don't expect it, but boy would that be a nice addition.

Chef Zambini
08-02-2012, 02:33 AM
yes, gronk in the backfield, how "patriotic"