PDA

View Full Version : first game at invesco...

barbera66
07-23-2009, 03:06 PM
hey all just got tickets to my first game at invesco when the patriots come to denver. was just wondering how parking, tailgating, etc all that works. do i need a parking pass, how much, or where else can we park? how long does it take to get into the stadium? where can i tailgate? hope to see you all there!

claymore
07-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Can I borrow 5 bucks lex?

MasterShake
07-23-2009, 03:23 PM
hey all just got tickets to my first game at invesco when the patriots come to denver. was just wondering how parking, tailgating, etc all that works. do i need a parking pass, how much, or where else can we park? how long does it take to get into the stadium? where can i tailgate? hope to see you all there!

Take RTD or Lightrail. Its much cheaper and quicker than parking. Once at the stadium, there's tailgating all around and at the big Broncos barn tent.

barbera66
07-23-2009, 03:30 PM
lol very nice detective work lex. thanks for the help mastershake. im thinking me and my girlfriend are going to want to get to the stadium and rather early and tailgate, which may be hard to do without a car in unfriendly territories. whats the barn tent?

good luck!

Denver Native (Carol)
07-23-2009, 03:44 PM
:welcome: to Broncos Forums

Hopefully the following link on tailgating will help you:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=319

Lonestar
07-23-2009, 03:51 PM

welcome to our great little forum we like diverse conversation..

:congrats: on your tickets..

underrated29
07-23-2009, 03:51 PM
you will get lots of shyt that for sure. Especially if you are wearing pats gear. But no one will actually get in your face. Just friendly pats suck, etc etc. You might get a few like lex who say take Mcd back.

But hey, lex is from chicago i think. He is not a local. Us locals, we love to drink and party, even if its with the enemy.

Before, after the game you are good to go and tailgate and mix it up. during the game though, all bets are off.

PS- I hate the pats!-

welcome to the boards though!:welcome:

barbera66
07-23-2009, 03:59 PM
sounds like a great atmosphere, ive heard mile high is one of the best, and loudest, places to see a football game. im always down for a good football exchange or friendly banter with fans (minus colts fans, no holding back there). but hey at least we can all hate the chargers, right

lex
07-23-2009, 04:06 PM
you will get lots of shyt that for sure. Especially if you are wearing pats gear. But no one will actually get in your face. Just friendly pats suck, etc etc. You might get a few like lex who say take Mcd back.

But hey, lex is from chicago i think. He is not a local. Us locals, we love to drink and party, even if its with the enemy.

Before, after the game you are good to go and tailgate and mix it up. during the game though, all bets are off.

PS- I hate the pats!-

welcome to the boards though!:welcome:

Im actually not from Chicago. I live here though.

If it makes you feel any better, m*ssholes like to fight. This is well known. My g/f is from Massachusetts. We were in Marblehead only a couple of weeks ago and she constantly complained about how much she hates the people in Mass.

http://massholeproshop.com/items/more-masshole-stuff/list.htm

underrated29
07-23-2009, 04:07 PM
sounds like a great atmosphere, ive heard mile high is one of the best, and loudest, places to see a football game. im always down for a good football exchange or friendly banter with fans (minus colts fans, no holding back there). but hey at least we can all hate the chargers, right

You will fit in nicely here.

MasterShake
07-23-2009, 04:13 PM

I always get cheap seats and a lot of opposing teams fans always sit in that area and its all good fun. Its not like a Raiders game where someone can shiv you with a homemade knife when you clap for the other team.

barbera66
07-23-2009, 04:31 PM
wow lex, whats with all the anger? if youre going to get your entire opinion of a state from one town, marblehead none the less, then youre pretty close minded.

lol about getting shived in the black hole. i got pretty decent seats, section 128, south endzone in the corner by the patroits bench, so im sure ill be surrounded by a bunch of broncos fans. i was trying to get tickets for a few friends as well from here that are broncos fans, but they sold out so fast i only got two, and i HAVE to go with at least one patriots fan of course!

lex
07-23-2009, 04:35 PM
wow lex, whats with all the anger? if youre going to get your entire opinion of a state from one town, marblehead none the less, then youre pretty close minded.

lol about getting shived in the black hole. i got pretty decent seats, section 128, south endzone in the corner by the patroits bench, so im sure ill be surrounded by a bunch of broncos fans. i was trying to get tickets for a few friends as well from here that are broncos fans, but they sold out so fast i only got two, and i HAVE to go with at least one patriots fan of course!

Who said there is anger? An old co-worker was from Boston. He moved out here because he was tired of all the Masshole belligerence. I used to live near a masshole bar and would have to put up with their shit whenever Id go out late to the white hen next door to this bar. Until your coach traded Jay, the only people who would ever give me shit for wearing Broncos stuff were massholes. Of course, now people from Chicago give me shit because your coach couldnt get along with Cutler.

barbera66
07-23-2009, 04:49 PM
lol alright lex. i see youll be the comic relief for me on this board

Lonestar
07-23-2009, 04:51 PM
FWIW We like to keep our smack in the smack area..

personal insults are verboten unless they are in smack and then no blood..

:focus:

lex
07-23-2009, 04:57 PM
lol alright lex. i see youll be the comic relief for me on this board

OK, "jimmy"-lover.

lex
07-23-2009, 04:58 PM
FWIW We like to keep our smack in the smack area..

personal insults are verboten unless they are in smack and then no blood..

:focus:

Toll. Du sprichst ziemlich gut Deutsch.

barbera66
07-23-2009, 05:11 PM
not quite sure what a "jimmy lover" is. btw, you say masshole like its a bad thing. we in massachusetts are actually very proud of our masshole-ness

GEM
07-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Toll. Du sprichst ziemlich gut Deutsch.

That was masterful use of the English language.

lex
07-23-2009, 05:17 PM
That was masterful use of the English language.

Thanks. Ive come a long way since I arrived on the banana boat.