PDA

View Full Version : McKinley/Quinn Signed

Shazam!
07-23-2009, 11:43 AM
The Broncos on Thursday signed tight end Richard Quinn and wide receiver Kenny McKinley, whom they selected in the 2009 NFL Draft.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Broncos today announced the signing of 2009 draft picks Richard Quinn and Kenny McKinley.

In three seasons at North Carolina, Quinn, the 64th overall pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, snagged 12 catches for 124 yards, but also made a name for himself as an outstanding blocker.

Learning from the veteran likes of Tony Scheffler and Daniel Graham, the Maple Heights, Ohio native has worked on both his blocking and receiving game during offseason camps, to prepare for his first season in the pros.

"I feel like I'm getting there," Quinn said. "I'm feeling pretty confident right now and I just want to keep that to help me transition into the phase of training camp."

After enjoying a stellar career at South Carolina, McKinley was the club's fifth round selection in April's draft.

In four seasons with the Gamecocks, the 6-0, 183-pound wide receiver set school records for receptions with 207 and receiving yards with 2,781, surpassing marks set by South Carolina alum Sterling Sharpe. The Mableton, Ga. native is one of only five players in SEC history with over 200 career receptions and is one of only 12 players in conference annals to amass more than 2,700 receiving yards.

Like many of his new teammates, McKinley has been a mainstay at Dove Valley during organized team activities, vigorously training for the upcoming season. With training camp set to begin next week, the first-year pro looks to define his role with the squad.

"I think training camp is when you separate yourself from other guys on the team," McKinley said. "I'm going to go out there and do my best, do whatever I can do to contribute to the team so I can get (on the field) this season."

Seven players remain unsigned

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=9157