PDA

View Full Version : Rahim Moore means business in second year as Denver Broncos safety

TXBRONC
08-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Rahim Moore means business in second year as Denver Broncos safety
Posted: 07/31/2012 10:57:40 PM MDT
August 1, 2012 5:31 AM GMTUpdated: 07/31/2012 11:31:19 PM MDT
By Lindsay H. Jones

When the Broncos opened camp last week, Moore, not fellow 2011 draft pick Quinton Carter, was given the first shot at lining up with the starting defense. The Broncos seemed intent to rotate safeties throughout camp, with Moore, Carter and veteran Mike Adams, who signed as a free agent, fighting for two starting job.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21204751/rahim-moore-means-business-second-year-denver-broncos

It sounds like he's working hard I hope payoffs for him.

NightTerror218
08-01-2012, 11:30 AM
I hope he has his confidence back. That fine last season killed it.

broncofaninfla
08-01-2012, 11:42 AM
The kid packs a thud, hopefully he steps up and becomes the safety we need him to be.

TXBRONC
08-01-2012, 11:44 AM
I hope he has his confidence back. That fine last season killed it.

That and not having an OTAs kept his head was swimming.

jhildebrand
08-01-2012, 12:05 PM
I like Rahim a lot. He was lost last year. However, he is also really young. I hope the team sticks with him and lets him grow up a bit (not saying he is immature) and grow into the position. I think he will be fine.

Ravage!!!
08-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Yeah... hard to be too tough on the kid for strugglign his first season at safety in a year with no offseason with the team. Its good to see he's putting forth the effort, and working hard.

Chef Zambini
08-01-2012, 12:25 PM
I hope we can find 3 great safeties amongst these 7.
who is big enough to take on a TE?
TE are going to dominate this season like no other! corners will be chasing decoys, ALL corners, while the TEs exploit the middle. pffenses will routinely line up with 2 TE formations ans run or throw depending on the match-ups ! if we cant cover the TEs our corners and deep safety will be trying to take down these beheamoths with a full head of steam, 20 yards downfield!
SAFETY is critical !
now who wants to tell me we have a great cover LB ?

underrated29
08-01-2012, 12:57 PM
To be honest, I am still not sold on him and am unsure if he will make this transition or not. Reminds me of darcel mcbath.

LTC Pain
08-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Whup that ass Rahim! The team needs you to step up big time!

Cugel
08-01-2012, 01:39 PM
They gave Mike Adams a $4 million contract and brought him in to start at FS. He started 16 games last year for the Browns and played well in coverage.

Baring injury, Rahim Moore and Quinton Carter are fighting to start at the SS spot. Neither of them is taking Adams starting FS job. :coffee:

If Moore improves on his bad season of a year ago, then fine. Quinton Carter was a stud last season but they don't have much invested in him. If Moore beats him out, then great.

My money is on Carter though considering he was clearly the better player last year. He's injured now which gives Moore a chance to get ahead of him, but unless he stays injured he's probably going to win that battle, leaving Moore on the bench.

It's nice to see the Broncos rotating their safeties and getting a good look at all their players though. That can only help down the line.

Cugel
08-01-2012, 01:44 PM
I like Rahim a lot. He was lost last year. However, he is also really young. I hope the team sticks with him and lets him grow up a bit (not saying he is immature) and grow into the position. I think he will be fine.

He's on his rookie contract. Unless he just totally sucks they're going to keep him on the roster and give him a chance to grow better through at least next season. He could wind up starting at SS either this year or next year, depending on how his competition with Carter goes.

That's healthy for the Broncos having two guys fighting for a starting job and pushing each other. Hopefully one of them emerges as a really good player and strengthens the secondary. It could really use it.

MOtorboat
08-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Moore went Kenoy Kennedy last year after he got fined in preseason. Hopefully, he gets his confidence back.

Chef Zambini
08-01-2012, 02:25 PM
my reccolection was that was a totally clean hit !

Chef Zambini
08-01-2012, 02:28 PM
They gave Mike Adams a $4 million contract and brought him in to start at FS. He started 16 games last year for the Browns and played well in coverage.

Baring injury, Rahim Moore and Quinton Carter are fighting to start at the SS spot. Neither of them is taking Adams starting FS job. :coffee:

If Moore improves on his bad season of a year ago, then fine. Quinton Carter was a stud last season but they don't have much invested in him. If Moore beats him out, then great.

My money is on Carter though considering he was clearly the better player last year. He's injured now which gives Moore a chance to get ahead of him, but unless he stays injured he's probably going to win that battle, leaving Moore on the bench.

It's nice to see the Broncos rotating their safeties and getting a good look at all their players though. That can only help down the line.with all our issues at LB I think 3 safties will be on the field more often than not.

NightTerror218
08-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Zam atleast they moved him to safety ;)

Canmore
08-01-2012, 05:28 PM
my reccolection was that was a totally clean hit !

No it was not. At least not in today's NFL. His helmet came up under the chin and face-mask. Helmet to helmet and a big fine.

Softskull
08-01-2012, 05:44 PM
"Rahim, you’re not a scary guy. You like to hit, but sometimes, you've got to know when to make the big hit." Brian Dawkins

shank
08-01-2012, 05:51 PM
No it was not. At least not in today's NFL. His helmet came up under the chin and face-mask. Helmet to helmet and a big fine.

penalty, yes. fine, no. he lead with his shoulder and the helmet contact was incidental. moore wasn't using the crown of his helmet or spearing the receiver. there was no malice in that hit, but having people call him a dirty player in one of his first games as a pro caused him to take 3 steps backwards. hopefully he comes out ready to do what he has to do again, go for the big clean hits, and take things in stride this season.

Canmore
08-01-2012, 05:59 PM
penalty, yes. fine, no. he lead with his shoulder and the helmet contact was incidental. moore wasn't using the crown of his helmet or spearing the receiver. there was no malice in that hit, but having people call him a dirty player in one of his first games as a pro caused him to take 3 steps backwards. hopefully he comes out ready to do what he has to do again, go for the big clean hits, and take things in stride this season.

I'm not saying it was a dirty hit. I was really excited by it. Yes he led with the shoulder as he should. It was unfortunate that he slid up the receiver. Still this is the rules. I don't agree with them, but they stand.

Simple Jaded
08-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Quinton Carter takes the worst angles l've seen since Tony Lilly, he looks like a backup to me. I thought Moore was a 2nd round reach but I have higher hopes for him.

William Moore is a free agent next year, I believe.......

Dzone
08-01-2012, 09:56 PM
His highlight video from UCLA was glorious.
Heres the hit. Looks like he intentionally turns his head and torso to avoid helmet to helmet. He got villified because jones was laid out. Moore kept his feet on the ground too. Nice how DJ came to his defense
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rarK_kVsSVs

TXBRONC
08-02-2012, 08:21 AM
I thought he was fined because he left his feet when hit the receiver.

Superchop 7
08-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Moore is a great athlete but when I saw him at TC he was still letting receivers get behind him.....was 3 yards away from making plays.....was confused when 2 wr were in the same area.

Just stick him over a TE and say.....that's your guy.....if not....we are playing with 10 out there.

FlyByU
08-02-2012, 09:23 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Dennis Smith style play on the field from him.

underrated29
08-02-2012, 09:55 AM
I thought he was fined because he left his feet when hit the receiver.

That's hockey...unless the nfl changed that rule too.

turftoad
08-02-2012, 10:02 AM

It's nice to see the Broncos rotating their safeties and getting a good look at all their players though. That can only help down the line.

I don't think Carter was a stud at all last year. If Moore can't beat him out we may be in trouble back there. I look for improvement from both this year.

TXBRONC
08-02-2012, 10:58 PM
That's hockey...unless the nfl changed that rule too.

That's one of changes that was made. Defender can't launch themselves at receiver.

TXBRONC
08-02-2012, 11:01 PM
I don't think Carter was a stud at all last year. If Moore can't beat him out we may be in trouble back there. I look for improvement from both this year.

He played better than Moore but he wasn't a stud.

TXBRONC
08-03-2012, 11:32 AM

$4 million isn't a banker if Adams were to get beat out by Moore. If Adams was being paid like Ed Reed (yes I'm assuming that Reed's contract is worth more than $4 million) then there would be much smaller chance of him being beat out.

I guess it's a matter of preception because it didn't seem to me Carter played that much better Moore did. I like both of them and I hope both of them eventually be good enough to stater in the secondary.