PDA

View Full Version : Saccamano: BRONCOS ENTHUSIASM

WARHORSE
07-23-2009, 12:22 AM
Contagious EnthusiasmJuly 22nd, 2009 - 11:16am by jim_saccomano
This is a very exciting time for all of us at the Denver Broncos, and the excitement is palpable on multiple levels.

The new coaching staff that Head Coach Josh McDaniels has put together is truly dynamic. This is a group of individuals that is a lot of fun to work with and very professional. Even more notable, I believe, is their personal demeanor and how they treat people.

Every man in that group deserves credit for being such, but like a lot of things, it flows from the top.

And that’s Pat Bowlen in ownership and his new coach, McDaniels.

Followers of the Broncos are accustomed to the great enthusiasm which Mr. B. brings to the job, the team and the city, but Josh has truly taken this to a new level.

I wrote on my Twitter entry this morning that I have not seen such enthusiasm here in years, that the excitement level is bouncing off the walls at Broncos headquarters.

This is all true. I realize that anyone could say that as Vice President of Public Relations, it is my job to be enthusiastic and to convey it, and that some could be suspicious of how true that is.

Theodore Roosevelt, in my mind one of the greatest presidents in American history, gave what I consider to be the finest quote ever about the truth. To paraphrase it, we have a moral, legal and ethical obligation to tell the truth, but NO OBLIGATION WHATSOEVER to make sure people believe us.

So what I am saying is, I have been here for 32 years and in pro sports for 35 years, and I have seldom seen such excitement or enthusiasm. I don’t care whether you believe me or not.

Very soon, this enthusiasm will be here for all to see, so obvious and visible that someone would have to be hiding in a cave somewhere to miss it. When that tidal wave crests, it will be advisable to be prepared for it.
It is tangible, it is real, and an attitude like that is both infectious and capable of carrying an organization a long, long way.
And that’s all I have to say about that.

Hey Jim....................How many games does enthusiasm win?:coffee:

Just curious.:coffee:

Is there like uh..........stat chart on that er sumthin?:confused:

Just wonderin.:coffee:

lex
07-23-2009, 12:28 AM
Its like he is trying so hard to sell this that it sounds bogus.

Shazam!
07-23-2009, 12:33 AM
Is he supposed to come out and say 'This team is down and looks like shit?'

CoachChaz
07-23-2009, 08:39 AM
Is he supposed to come out and say 'This team is down and looks like shit?'

That job belongs to Lex and Ravage

claymore
07-23-2009, 09:09 AM
I believe him. Our team couldnt have been more uninspired the last couple years.

Dean
07-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Its like he is trying so hard to sell this that it sounds bogus.

The reason it sounds that way is that it actually is bogus. . . and no I don't live in a cave.

Shazam!
07-23-2009, 09:52 AM
Which number is your locker in Denver's locker room Dean? Since you obviously have an inside look into what is going on there.

powderaddict
07-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Contagious EnthusiasmJuly 22nd, 2009 - 11:16am by jim_saccomano

Hey Jim....................How many games does enthusiasm win?:coffee:

Just curious.:coffee:

Is there like uh..........stat chart on that er sumthin?:confused:

Just wonderin.:coffee:

I think a little excitement and enthusiasm might have gone a long way several games last year, especially down the stretch, the team looked very flat. They looked pumped in the Jets game, but after that, just meh.

So I would say it probably contributes quite a bit to a win. I know I turn in a better performance for something I'm enthusiatic about, rather than just going through the motions.

Lonestar
07-23-2009, 01:36 PM
I believe him. Our team couldnt have been more uninspired the last couple years.

we have been up for raiders, games but no shows when playing mediocre to poor teams..

even the past couple of raiders games there was little emotion like in the past..

DEN the second to last teams to lose to DET? that speaks volumes..

Lions roll past banged-up Broncos, stay unbeaten at home
Associated Press

Duane Burleson / Associated Press
Lions QB Jon Kitna led Detroit to its first win over Denver since 1990.

DETROIT -- The Detroit Lions had confidence in themselves back in training camp, when Jon Kitna boldly declared he would be disappointed with anything short of 10 wins.

They're not alone now, because people outside their locker room are believing in them, too.

Kitna threw two touchdown passes, and the Detroit Lions scored twice on defense, leading to a 44-7 rout of the Denver Broncos on Sunday.

The Lions (6-2) have established themselves as a legitimate contender in the NFC and perhaps the surprise team in the entire league at the midway point of their season. They are one game behind Green Bay (7-1) in the NFC North.

"This is real," defensive tackle Cory Redding said. "This is a different team. It's not the same-old Lions anymore."

In the Super Bowl era, 76 percent of the 146 teams that started 6-2 made the playoffs. The Lions haven't won six of their first eight games since 1999, the last season they made the playoffs.

"I hope we keep playing one snap at a time," coach Rod Marinelli said. "The rest of that is too far down the road. I know that's boring. I'm boring."

At this point, Detroit already has twice as many wins as last year, Marinelli's first season, and has matched the most victories in any year under team president Matt Millen. It was the third straight win for Detroit, which more than doubled its largest margin of victory since Millen took over in 2001.

Denver (3-5) was handed its most-lopsided loss in nearly two decades, dropping it below .500 halfway through the season for the first time since its last losing season in 1999.

"If you play at the level we did, you get embarrassed," Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said. "I've been embarrassed a couple of times this year. Now, we find out what we're made of."

Henry did not play in the fourth quarter after hurting his left knee, but said he felt fine.

"I'll get an MRI," he said. "Hopefully, it's just a bruise."

Denver scored with 2½ minutes left to avoid being shut out for the first time since 1992.The Broncos were about to add another meaningless score in the final seconds, but receiver Brian Clark fumbled into the end zone.

"We're not a good football team right now," said cornerback Dre' Bly, who played in Detroit the previous four seasons. "We've got to look in the mirror and see if we're doing our jobs."

The Lions started slowly, scoring only once in the first quarter on Jason Hanson's first of three field goals. They led 16-0 at halftime.

"Then, every phase just took over," Hanson said.

Official site links ...

Adding to the laugher, 340-pound defensive tackle Shaun Rogers intercepted a screen pass and rumbled 66 yards, scoring after stiff-arming Selvin Young to make it 37-0 in the fourth quarter. Rogers also had 2½ sacks, broke up a pass and was credited with four quarterback hits.
"He's making big-time plays for a down guy," Marinelli said.

Detroit is the only team in the NFC undefeated at home, starting 4-0 for the first time since moving back downtown in 2002.

"The 12th man was awesome," linebacker Boss Bailey said.

Notes: Detroit, which had won two games by 18 points under Millen, enjoyed its biggest win since beating Jacksonville 44-0 in 1995. ... Denver was handed its worst loss since losing 42-0 to New Orleans in 1988. ... Lions DE White (left arm) was injured on his score. ... Broncos FS John Lynch was inactive with a pinched nerve in his neck. ... Denver CB Champ Bailey played against his brother, Boss, for the first time. ... Hanson became the 11th player in NFL history to score 1,600 points, moving past ex-Lion Eddie Murray on the career scoring list.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Superchop 7
07-23-2009, 11:12 PM
I could sense the excitement in Jay and Brandon.

Dean
07-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Which number is your locker in Denver's locker room Dean? Since you obviously have an inside look into what is going on there.

And that's all I have to say about that. Do you remember who ended all their statements with that phrase? :confused: Think hard. :D

Yes sports fans it was Forest Gump. Let's see what gifts and prizes are yours.

P.S. The fishing in the Big Horn Mountains has been great. I knew that you would all want to know.

T.K.O.
07-24-2009, 04:29 PM

f*&% jay and brandon....if they dont want to back the broncos they can get lost !
i like what i,m hearing and i am stoked like ol' jim.
this team absolutely needs to get "excited"
2 years ago i thought jay had a bad attitude sitting on the sidelines between plays with his head down.(instead of pumping up his team and talking to his recievers)
then we found out he had diabetes and i excused his behavior ,realizing he was wiped out,exhausted and weak from it.
then again last year i really noticed a lack of intensity on both sides of the ball.it was like the players were just doing their job out there (some not doing it very well).
i think enthusiasm and fire is exactly what this team needs !:salute:

T.K.O.
07-24-2009, 04:34 PM
The reason it sounds that way is that it actually is bogus. . . and no I don't live in a cave.

every player ive heard has made statements similar to those of jim s..
so why do you think they are all lying?\whywouldnt it be exciting in dove valley?
bright young hc,new dc....top rb in the draft.
a great group of recievers fighting for spots.....its gonna be a great year !
if we can field a mid-level :defense: we should make the playoffs for the 1st time in 4 years...whats not to get excited about?:confused:

Shazam!
07-24-2009, 04:44 PM
so why do you think they are all lying?\whywouldnt it be exciting in dove valley?
if we can field a mid-level :defense: we should make the playoffs for the 1st time in 4 years...whats not to get excited about?:confused:

I agree, but... should make the Playoffs? That would be something, but I'm not expecting it.

Lonestar
07-24-2009, 05:53 PM
I agree, but... should make the Playoffs? That would be something, but I'm not expecting it.

the chance is always there and after seeing MIA, ATL and BAL turn their season around... One can always hope..

But we would have to have some major luck and help to get there..

we would have to:

win on the east coast..
win early away games,
win at home,
win on prime time TV..
not lose trap games

all of which have been issues over the past few years..

T.K.O.
07-24-2009, 07:30 PM
the chance is always there and after seeing MIA, ATL and BAL turn their season around... One can always hope..

But we would have to have some major luck and help to get there..

we would have to:

win on the east coast..
win early away games,
win at home,
win on prime time TV..
not lose trap games

all of which have been issues over the past few years..

that was then....this is now !
just kidding,i just think we are not as screwed as many would like to think
i really believe we will see a more competitive team than we have in a while
love him or hate him,mcD knows how to gameplan for each opponent.
i realize all coaches do that ,but even the players say its different the way the team will adjust its scheme based on the other teams weakness.
i think it will be fun to watch.
it is a shame we have such a brutal schedule the 1st year of the new regime.
but like ive always said if you cant get to the playoffs with a tough schedule,you probably wont get far once there anyway !:salute:

Dean
07-24-2009, 09:14 PM

I forgot the disclaimer- Anything you saw or read are the beliefs, thoughts, and resonsibility of the poster and not the necessarily reflect the position of the management. The reader should not get their panties in a bunch and are free to reach conclusions of their own. :D

Lonestar
07-24-2009, 09:19 PM
that was then....this is now !
just kidding,i just think we are not as screwed as many would like to think
i really believe we will see a more competitive team than we have in a while
love him or hate him,mcD knows how to gameplan for each opponent.
i realize all coaches do that ,but even the players say its different the way the team will adjust its scheme based on the other teams weakness.
i think it will be fun to watch.
it is a shame we have such a brutal schedule the 1st year of the new regime.
but like ive always said if you cant get to the playoffs with a tough schedule,you probably wont get far once there anyway !:salute:

well I for one want to see that new team on the filed before I get my hopes dashed again..

I believe we will be better but schemes and coaching will not totally overcome the talent deficit this team has been in the past 6-8 years.. having the worst drafting record from 2000-05 or so has lasting effects and it may take a couple more great drafts to be all that we can be..

this team was loser the past few years the attitude has been mediocre, and coaching even worse.. we still have players that have getting their asses kicked 6-7 times over the past 3 years in their minds.. and it is not something they are going to forget just because the coach is new..

I have high hopes but my list are things we have to do a 180 on to be a top notch team again.. our guys can't just being showing up in games they have to be 90% or better to reverse all those negatives..

Can that be done in one year? time will tell..

horsepig
07-24-2009, 09:53 PM
At this level of competition, attitude can make one Hell of a difference. The Orange Crush defense had some greats, but they also had a whole frickin lot of attitude ffrom everyone else.

Lonestar
07-24-2009, 09:57 PM
At this level of competition, attitude can make one Hell of a difference. The Orange Crush defense had some greats, but they also had a whole frickin lot of attitude ffrom everyone else.

they played as a well oiled machine and their NT can't think of his name was a pretty good one in his own right..

that is something we have lacked for some time now TEAM..

Shazam!
07-24-2009, 10:35 PM
they played as a well oiled machine and their NT can't think of his name was a pretty good one in his own right...

Wasn't it Rubin Carter?

Lonestar
07-25-2009, 12:44 AM
Wasn't it Rubin Carter?

I think so I was almost only watching the LBs and safeties those years.. Yahoo they were good..

silkamilkamonico
07-25-2009, 01:52 PM

I could too until big games.

You know there's a problem when halfway through the first quarter, your QB throws the ball down and says "f it". Considering big game performance separates the men from the boys, it's no wonder resiliency from your QB is of the utmost importance. Perhaps that's why Cutler hasn't won since high school.

Lonestar
07-25-2009, 02:00 PM
I could too until big games.

You know there's a problem when halfway through the first quarter, your QB throws the ball down and says "f it". Considering big game performance separates the men from the boys, it's no wonder resiliency from your QB is of the utmost importance. Perhaps that's why Cutler hasn't won since high school.

but but but that is because he has been with a second rate team since HS..

now he is with the bears they are Superbowl contenders..

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA