PDA

View Full Version : So how'd you become a Bronco Fan?

Softskull
07-30-2012, 11:35 PM
I see we have people from all over the world on this page. So how of all teams did you become a Bronco Fan?

My father finished his Air Force duty at SAC in Denver. My old man was an leather lid player for Rutgers in the late 30s. I was born at Fitzsimmons Army Hospital in Aurora. My old man took a shine to the the new AFL team. I've been a fan since the mid 70s. My youngest son was wearing his Bronco jersey to school today. It's a proud tradition for us.

Canmore
07-31-2012, 12:12 AM
My parents are from Wisconsin and when I was little I was a Packers fan. It didn't hurt that they won the first two Super Bowls and a host of championships. Still the Broncos were the closest team to me. I grew up in Great Falls, Montana. They were regularly on the tube. The Orange Crush and Denver's first Super Bowl got me hooked. Elway was the icing on the cake. Haven't missed a game since the 1994 season when I purchased a DirecTV setup and got NFL Sunday Ticket. Before that it was the sports bar scene after I left home.

Davii
07-31-2012, 12:17 AM
I lived outside of Denver in the small town of Dacono from 4 to 7. It was during these early years that I started watching football with my Dad who is, surprisingly, a Raider fan. My Dad was not too happy that I picked the home team, but I've been a Bronco fan for as long as I can remember.

OrangeFanatic
07-31-2012, 12:17 AM
Born and raised Colorado native. I remember rooting for "the good guys" vs "the bad guys" because I was too young to understand the concept.

chazoe60
07-31-2012, 12:18 AM
I'm a Colorado guy, born and raised. I was put in a Denver Bronco onesie before I could sit up. I had no choice in the matter.

Dzone
07-31-2012, 12:19 AM
We ate at "The Drumstick" after Bronco games.
The chicken came in a cardboard train

FanInAZ
07-31-2012, 12:33 AM
I'm a 3rd generation Broncos fan. My dad & older were both born in Denver. I was raised in Rock Springs, WY, which got it's TV stations from Salt Lake City (via cable). With Denver being the closest NFL city to both my hometown & the city in which we got our TV stations, the Broncos were consider our hometown team.

gnomeflinger
07-31-2012, 01:17 AM
I married into it. My husband's friends liked football, and he was living in Utah at the time and the Broncos were the closest team. He's been a fan for at least 25 years. I never cared about football until a few years ago. So I chose the team that matters most to the person I love the most.

12and4
07-31-2012, 01:29 AM
Being from cali, my parents came from another country, and we all started watching football basically around the same time, around 1997... and i just loved the broncos logo at the time so they became my team. I also liked the dolphins because of the same reason. The broncos just stuck.

Army Bronco
07-31-2012, 01:41 AM
When i was 8 my mom got out of the Army and moved us to Utah. Coming from Maryland i liked the skins. In Utah i watched Elway and the Broncos beat the Bears and loved the team since. That was the year we lost the SB to the skins.

Northman
07-31-2012, 05:28 AM
I married into it. My husband's friends liked football, and he was living in Utah at the time and the Broncos were the closest team. He's been a fan for at least 25 years. I never cared about football until a few years ago. So I chose the team that matters most to the person I love the most.

Pretty much how my wife became a Bronco fan.

As for me, because i was born in Ft. Worth Tx (albeit there for only 3 days) the first team i latched onto when i was 9 or 10 was too the Cowboys while they were at the height of the playing with guys like Dorsett, White, etc. And i used to root against Denver when i was younger because my parents used to love them so much. But dont know, one day i chose to root for the Broncos against the Seattle Seahawks and wouldnt you know it Dave Krieg and the Hawks beat them so i decided that it must be fate. That was around 1982 and from then on i became a Bronco fan and have been ever since.

threefolddead
07-31-2012, 06:47 AM
When I was real little my dad was watching football and I was "watching" with him probably asking him a million questions. I said I like the guys with horses on their helmets. I may have been 4 or 5 but I've stuck to my guns.

MOtorboat
07-31-2012, 06:59 AM
Colorado born and raised. Have since moved away (not that far, but away).

Broncfan1970
07-31-2012, 07:05 AM
Born and raised Colorado, three generations of rabid Broncos fans. I've watched since I was 5 and they lost their 1st Superbowl.

broncofaninfla
07-31-2012, 07:20 AM
I see we have people from all over the world on this page. So how of all teams did you become a Bronco Fan?

My father finished his Air Force duty at SAC in Denver. My old man was an leather lid player for Rutgers in the late 30s. I was born at Fitzsimmons Army Hospital in Aurora. My old man took a shine to the the new AFL team. I've been a fan since the mid 70s. My youngest son was wearing his Bronco jersey to school today. It's a proud tradition for us.

My story is similar to yours actually. My father was stationed at Lowery and I was born at Fitzsimmons. I spent years 0-3 and 7-10 at Lowery and moved during the 77 first Super Season. I got hooked that season and have been hooked ever since.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-31-2012, 07:44 AM
I grew up in VA. My Dad was a Dolphins fan, his father a Cowboys fan, and my Mom's father was a Redskins season ticket holder (The first pro game I got to see live was MNF Redskins/Cowboys at RFK Stadium).

I was 10 years old (1984) and had no love for any of the above teams so I decided to pick my own. I watched the second preseason game (Denver vs SF) and decided whichever team won I'd follow that year. The 49ers were insanely popular already and were an easy bandwagon pick, but all I knew about Denver was the Elway hype from the year before. The Broncos ended up winning the game. They became my team for the year. We went 13-3 and lost in the playoffs to Pittsburgh that year. I've been a fan ever since.

I've never even set foot in the state of Colorado in my life. Honestly, the Broncos were a completely random, luck of the draw pick. I jumped on the wagon and never looked back. I survived the ribbing of 3 Superbowl massacres only to finally celebrate back-to-back Championships and it was all worth it.

By chance, I did marry a girl from Colorado (western slope - Grand Junction) but most of her family no longer lives in Colorado - they are all ranchers and live in Wyoming or Utah now.

Tned
07-31-2012, 07:55 AM
I lost a bet and had to turn in my Jets card and root for the team from the cow town.

Or, there's my wife's theory, which is I only root for teams with orange and blue (Mets, Islanders and Broncos).

I didn't grow up in a sports focused household. My father still doesn't watch any sports and would watch the news or CNBC or something like that before ever turning on a sports event. My early years were on Long Island, which was during the Islanders dynasty, and of course if you lived on the Island you were Mets fans, unless you were a turncoat ******* and rooted for the Rangers.

As a kid, I didn't watch football at all. It wasn't until two moves later, when we were living in Arkansas and we had one of those big old fashioned satellite dishes that picked up every channel under the sun, that I actually watched my first football game. Completely by chance, the first game I watched, when I was bored one Sunday, was a Broncos game in '85. While I didn't understand all the rules, and I didn't know the players, it was clear this blonde QB was something special. They were playing in Denver, and Elway was running for his life on nearly every play. However, he was scrambling to and fro, and then just before a defender would get to him, he would make a play. At the end of each play, he would do his John Wayne strut back to the huddle with a big smile on his face, while the defenders were bent over with their hands on their knees trying to catch their wind.

I honestly didn't know anything about Elway at the time. Didn't know about the draft/trade issues. Didn't know about his rookie struggles. It was just a random thing. However, when I watched that first game, I came away with two things. First, football was fun to watch. Second, Elway was something special.

So, I became an Elway fan immediately, and the next week, I rotated that satellite dish over to the transponder with the NFL games and watched the next game, and was hooked. Then, from '86 on, I never missed a game. If I was traveling or golfing, or whatever, I taped the game on the VCR. Later, when I started traveling to Europe, if it was during the NFL season, I would tape the game, but also, fortunately, it was in the early days of internet streaming, and I was able to listen to the games on KOA via Broadcast.com (multiple times I did this on a GSM phone hooked to my laptop as a "dialup modem"). In a few cases in the early '90s (before Sunday ticket), I only got the game video, no sound. Back then, there was errr, ummm, modifications that you could do to satellite receivers to get more channels than you otherwise would, but sometimes you would get video without sound.

So, long story, longer. It was completely a random thing that I became an Elway fan, but when it happened, I was a big fan. It took almost no time to then become a Broncos fan (for obvious reasons) and I have been a diehard fan for the last 26+ years or so.

I'm kind of known as someone that when he does something, he over does it, and my passion for the Broncos is no exception.

OrangeHoof
07-31-2012, 09:18 AM
Moved to Littleton as a sixth grader and went to Robert Goddard Jr. High in 1968. Spent 2-1/2 years in CO before family moved back to Houston. Dad had season tickets at old Mile High so I got to see every home game for two seasons back when the Broncos were nobodies and life was care-free.

GEM
07-31-2012, 09:20 AM
3rd generation. It's in my blood. :D

Thnikkaman
07-31-2012, 09:23 AM
Born and raised in Denver, and I'm a 3rd generation Broncos fan. All three of my children have worn a Broncos Onsey so if they enjoy football, I'm hoping I've brainwashed them into it.

MasterShake
07-31-2012, 09:28 AM
Born and raised in Denver and both my dad and grandfather would always watch when I was a kid. I didn't really get into the Broncos as far as watching full games until about 1986, but as long as I can remember its just been a fact of life that it was my hometown team. Not much to it.

Chef Zambini
07-31-2012, 09:54 AM
We ate at "The Drumstick" after Bronco games.
The chicken came in a cardboard trainwow does this str some memories!
we lived not far from the drumstick on colorado boulevardthey had a traIN that raN around the entire perimiter of the restaurantinterior, a model train, at the to go window those little box-cars would show up in different colors, one by one like PENN Station !
texas toast.
I was born and raise in denver.
Raised by a single mom who worked 3 jobs, so the drumsticj was her ally in helping to feed her kids !
She dated a great guy who took me to my first hockey game DU my first basketball game, the Hrlem globetrotters and to my very first football game, the first scrimmage of the new professional football team the Denver Broncos!
I remember when they came on to the field, their unis were so ugly I told my dad, ( yes, eventually this "date" became my dad, ) that I wanted to cheer for the other team.
I was only 5 so he explained to me about loyalty.
the broncos were worse than their uniforms, I often say I learned about football and saecasm on the same day.
a day in august 1960.
I love sports, almost everything but rodeo and racecars, but football is without question #1 for this born and raised denver native.
I moved away from denver and my dad took me to the first suns game ever played and I learned to appreciate baseball watching the hometown D-backs meteoric rise to win the world series.
I have returned to denver to work on seperate occasions, every year I did, the broncos made ot to the superbowl. My last tour of duty in Denver was 98
it was destiny !
I watched my broncos in alaska and australia, in upstate NY and dallas texas. I admire those of you who chose the broncos, not by birthright or geography, but for whatever reason, they appealed to you and you developed your own loyalty.

its great to hear from bronco fans all across the world !canada, new zealand, germany and england

even a kid from louisianna who had his choice of teams this year, chose our own denver broncos !

Fullback32
07-31-2012, 09:55 AM
Born and raised in Dallas, Texas so I've been a Cowboys fan my whole life...still am. Went to my first Cowboys game in 1967 (Meredith was quarterback :cool:). Yeah I was young, but I was also hooked. We had season tickets throught the 70s as well. I've been one too long to just stop. I've also always had an AFC team that I supported, and for the longest time, it was the Houston Oilers (except when they played the Cowboys, of course). When Houston moved to Tennessee, I just couldn't get into the "Tennessee Oilers" and definitely not when they became the Titans. Around the same time I had moved to Colorado, a state I had wanted to live in since I was about 10 years old (I'm 49 now and have been living here for the past 12 years). I adopted the Broncos as my AFC team and have been behind them ever since. By the time the Texans came to Houston I had already been supporting the Broncos long enough that I couldn't get behind the Texans.

My support for the Broncos has turned into fandom. Though I despise Jerry Jones with a passion, I am still a Cowboys fan and always will be. That being said, because of Jerry Jones, I am not quite as rabid a Cowboys fan as I used to be. I can't stand the man and what he has done to the Cowboys. Who would I support if the Broncos and Cowboys played? At this point, I honestly don't know anymore as both the Broncos and Cowboys are on equal footing with me now. I can say that I hope they never play each other in the Superbowl again so I don't have to choose!

12 years of living in Colorado and having no intention of ever leaving has diminished the Texan in me and I see myself as a Coloradan now. I love it here! The Avs have already overtaken the Stars as my hockey team, the Broncos and Cowboys are equals, I am a Rangers fan and a Rockies supporter, but I don't like the Nuggets and the Mavericks are still my basketball team. College football? I am a Texas Longhorn and always will be. That cannot change. HOOK 'EM! \m/

Chef Zambini
07-31-2012, 10:03 AM
I love fullbacks, glad your a bronco fan !

CoachChaz
07-31-2012, 10:26 AM
I was too young to care about football, but my grandmother always bought me Steelers shirts, jackets, etc and my Dad always got me Eagles gear, so I guess I liked those teams as much as a 6 year old could. But...my Dad use to get me the little plastic football helmets out of gumball machines in the mid-70's. For some reason it seemed like 2 or 3 out of every 5 of those helmets my Dad got me were Broncos helmets. by the time he had completed my collection, I must have had two dozen Broncos helmets. So one day, my Dad and grandmother were debating Eagles/Steelers and they asked me who my team was...and I said the Broncos. They were curious and kept trying to sway me to one of their teams, which just kind of made me stick with Broncos depper and deeper. Low and behold, they went to the Super Bowl that year against the team both of them hated the most (Cowboys), so for that game they were Broncos fans as well and that just nailed it for me. Been a fan since. 34 years and counting.

Strangely enough...the Sixers were the only "home" team I ever might have called a favorite.

LTC Pain
07-31-2012, 11:38 AM
Born and raised in SE Kansas. Was a KC Chiefs from the days of the old AFL but got sick of the Chiefs losing ways since the one Super Bowl win. When the Army moved me to Fort Carson in 1997 I switched to the Broncos and have been a hardcore fans ever since. My brothers are still Chiefs fans and I love bantering with them about the rivalry.

NightTerror218
07-31-2012, 11:41 AM
My parents lived in Denver when my mom was got pregnant. My dad became a Bronco fan when he moved to Denver late 70s and became a die hard when Elway was drafted. You can call me day an Elway fan boi. So I was born a Broncos fan. somewhere my mom has a silk broncos jacket that I wore when I was around 2 yrs old I am trying to get back from her.

CoachChaz
07-31-2012, 11:45 AM
Hey...I had a silk Broncos starter jacket from the 80's. Gave it to my oldest sone when he was big enough to wear it and then to one of my twins (somehow the other twin became a Packers fan...???) Unfortunately, it was in a box under some old blankets and the box was given to a local charity.

Somewhere, some homeless guy is rockin my jacket....:-(

NightTrainLayne
07-31-2012, 11:48 AM
I was born in Sidney, NE, which is only about a 3 hour drive from Denver.

My Dad is not into sports at all, in any form, but my Mom was a fan of the Broncos. She had grown up in Salt Lake City, and the Broncos were the closest NFL team.

I had Broncos pajamas (with the feet in them) when I was too young to understand, but I've been a Broncos fan as long as I can remember. I grew up for the most part in Kansas, and while everyone it seemed was a Chiefs fan, I stuck to my guns. .. .even through the excruciating 3 SB losses, which was during Middle School for me. I proudly wore my AFC Championship shirt to school on the Monday's after each of those SB losses. I endured a lot of ridicule... especially from bandwagon fans who would all of a sudden be 49er or Redskin fans, but I stuck with them.

After all that, the Broncos are really just a part of who I am. You can't really separate the two.

CoachChaz
07-31-2012, 11:50 AM
I was born in Sidney, NE, which is only about a 3 hour drive from Denver.

My Dad is not into sports at all, in any form, but my Mom was a fan of the Broncos. She had grown up in Salt Lake City, and the Broncos were the closest NFL team.

I had Broncos pajamas (with the feet in them) when I was too young to understand, but I've been a Broncos fan as long as I can remember. I grew up for the most part in Kansas, and while everyone it seemed was a Chiefs fan, I stuck to my guns. .. .even through the excruciating 3 SB losses, which was during Middle School for me. I proudly wore my AFC Championship shirt to school on the Monday's after each of those SB losses. I endured a lot of ridicule... especially from bandwagon fans who would all of a sudden be 49er or Redskin fans, but I stuck with them.

After all that, the Broncos are really just a part of who I am. You can't really separate the two.

Redskins loss was the worst for me. TONS of Skins fans in Eastern PA.

jhildebrand
07-31-2012, 11:54 AM
Bronco fan since 1978. I was born into it. My dad was a huge bronco fan. He made sure he had the garb at the hospital. I came home in Bronco gear.

Magnificent Seven
07-31-2012, 01:52 PM
My grandparents were from Colorado and they were Broncos fans. I grew up in California and my dad is a huge Stanford fan. When I was little kid, my dad used to take me to many Stanford games, and I was intrigued by Stanford QB Star. That was John Elway. In 1983, Elway was traded to Denver... My grandparents, dad, and I were very thrilled to have Elway on the team. We had such a great connection.

By the way, I still have my grandpa's Broncos hat, jacket, and collections. I miss my grandparents. =(

camdisco24
07-31-2012, 02:51 PM
I was born and raised in North Carolina, but my Mom's side of the family are all Broncos fans. They grew up in Colorado and made it a point to raise (brainwash?) me as a Broncos fan from birth. They had to move to the south because of my Grandpa's job but never lost the Orange and blue spirit. I could have jumped on with the Panthers, but even when I was little I knew they weren't as cool as the Broncos. It has stuck ever since.

I go to a college that competes in D1 sports in everything... but Football. So my love for this NFL franchise has grown even stronger since pro football is so popular on our campus. I might be the only Broncos fan here, but I LOVE every minute of it. I will never be ashamed to wear Orange and Blue around a bunch of Panther fans!

Softskull
07-31-2012, 02:56 PM
My grandparents were from Colorado and they were Broncos fans. I grew up in California and my dad is a huge Stanford fan. When I was little kid, my dad used to take me to many Stanford games, and I was intrigued by Stanford QB Star. That was John Elway. In 1983, Elway was traded to Denver... My grandparents, dad, and I were very thrilled to have Elway on the team. We had such a great connection.

By the way, I still have my grandpa's Broncos hat, jacket, and collections. I miss my grandparents. =(

After my dad retired from the AF, we moved to the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles. We had two hot young QBs from the area, Babe Laughenburg and John Elway. They both ended up going to Stanford. One ended up in the hall of fame, the other is a radio announcer for the Dallas Cowboys.

rationalfan
07-31-2012, 03:45 PM
i was quite young, watching the the broncos play the chargers with my dad; and cheering for the chargers. elway was the QB and everything he did seemed amazing. before i knew it, i was cheering for elway and the broncos. been doing it ever since.

BigDaddyBronco
07-31-2012, 03:46 PM
My dad grew up in Denver and I grew up in New Mexico. In those days, you only had a couple of teams that were the standard games on Sundays, the Broncos and the Cowboys. So either I liked the Broncos or the Cowboys for my "home" team. My dad was a Broncos fan, so that game was always on. I also got to go to Denver a lot when I was a kid to visit the grandparents and talked to my grandma who was a huge Broncos fan, which helped as well. Then the third thing is that during my prime childhood years, we had Elway.

Some of my favorite times in my life were watching Broncos games with my dad.

One thing I have done with my girls is to keep the tradition alive. They are still pretty young, but they were going nuts along with me when Tebow hit Thomas for the TD pass against the Steelers.

AZBronco
07-31-2012, 04:10 PM
I'm a first generation Broncos fan. I grew up in AZ where there was little to root for in the 80's so never was more than a Superbowl football fan. I moved to Grand Junction for college and shortly after Jake "The Snake" Plummer headed out to Denver. I enjoyed watching him at ASU and decided what better way to get into the game than by following somebody you enjoy watching. I know there are many here who are not fans of Plummer, but he's the reason I learned to LOVE the broncos and enjoyed that he wasn't a prima-donna. Since then I've lurked on these boards almost daily! Thanks to all you regular posters for teaching me alot about the game!

Hardwired
07-31-2012, 07:09 PM
I grew up in Arkansas so the Razorbacks were my team to root for. Then my wife joined the Air Force and her first duty station was at Lowry AFB in Denver in 1985. We lived in Aurora and I caught the Bronco fever BAD. Still have it. :)

chazoe60
07-31-2012, 07:57 PM

That's how I am NTL. If you asked anyone who knows me to describe me, it would not take very long until "Bronco Fan" would come up.

camdisco24
07-31-2012, 08:39 PM
That's how I am NTL. If you asked anyone who knows me to describe me, it would not take very long until "Bronco Fan" would come up.

Same here. And I'm not complaining about that one bit! It's a good character trait. :lol:

Pudge
07-31-2012, 10:21 PM
I grew up in vernal utah, in a family that hated football and thought it was a stupid sport. When I started working all the guys I worked with would watch football when we would hang out. I started to understand the basics of the game. One day my cousin told me he bought tickets to a broncos game against the buffalo bills. That was during curlers days. After that game I lost my voice for three days afterwards. Now I'm obsessed, everyone that knows me knows me as the broncos fan. I go to at least three games a year driving from north Dakota. That usually includes fifteen phone calls when the broncos lose.

dogfish
07-31-2012, 11:05 PM
i'm just too cool to root for any other team. . .

:cool:

Tned
07-31-2012, 11:13 PM
I grew up in Arkansas so the Razorbacks were my team to root for. Then my wife joined the Air Force and her first duty station was at Lowry AFB in Denver in 1985. We lived in Aurora and I caught the Bronco fever BAD. Still have it. :)

http://youtu.be/oyY8oUXaTio

Nomad
07-31-2012, 11:41 PM
I grew up mainly watching college football (LSU) and being in Southwest Louisiana, we didn't get many BRONCO games. My dad liked watching the Oilers and the Saints weren't worth watching, but I never really had an NFL team though I did watch the NFL from time to time as a kid.....I guess I couldn't sit still enough to watch a game:lol:. I knew who the BRONCOS were, but in high school, we had a QB coach from CO and he was all BRONCOS. He was a big Elway fan and he got me rooting for Elway/BRONCOS and since the late 80s, I've followed the BRONCOS the best I could. I'll never claim to be the best BRONCO fan, but I try. ESPN was great back then and when the Sunday Ticket came out...it was even greater being able to watch the games. The internet has been the next great thing being able to follow the BRONCOS.

My kids have been born into the BRONCO family but they seldom watch games with me. They find the NFL boring.....funny, it sounds like me when I was younger.

tubby
07-31-2012, 11:51 PM
John Elway gave me my first memorable boner. 1986 age 6. The Drive. Wait maybe it was Karlis barefoot....

Canmore
08-01-2012, 12:21 AM

I know the feeling.

red98
08-01-2012, 01:25 AM
That's a great story Skull and a great question. The Broncos can be proud to count you, and your son amongst it's fans.

I was a passive fan of the Giants and the NFL when I arrived in Denver in 1988. Elway, Denver and the Broncos Fan's pulled me in and made me a fan.

I left Denver around 1990 though from there I've never stopped obsessing about my Broncos!

gregbroncs
08-01-2012, 02:25 PM
When I was 8 I was a 49ers fan. I am from Utah and the Broncos and 9ers are the 2 teams they almost always showed. Anyway I was watching a game in a snow storm between the 9ers and Broncos and the 9ers were trying to kick a field goal and all the Broncos fans were throwing snowballs at the ball to try and make it miss. I was laughing so hard I switched teams right then and there and have voted for the Broncos ever since. This was in 82 or so just before Elways rookie season.

FanInAZ
08-01-2012, 02:31 PM
When I was 8 I was a 49ers fan. I am from Utah and the Broncos and 9ers are the 2 teams they almost always showed. Anyway I was watching a game in a snow storm between the 9ers and Broncos and the 9ers were trying to kick a field goal and all the Broncos fans were throwing snowballs at the ball to try and make it miss. I was laughing so hard I switched teams right then and there and have voted for the Broncos ever since. This was in 82 or so just before Elways rookie season.

Actually, "The Denver Snowball" game was in 85, Elway's 3rd season.

gregbroncs
08-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Actually, "The Denver Snowball" game was in 85, Elway's 3rd season.

Ah. I was young. I kind of followed both the Broncos and niners till then. But after that game I was a Broncos fan only. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

I remember watching Elways rookie season. Must have mixed them up together in my head.

BORDERLINE
08-01-2012, 10:56 PM
so where do I begin.........

all of you that are are 2nd generation even 3rd generation are lucky and blessed to be indoctrinated into Broncos fandom...

here's my story...The year was 1994 and the place was a Palos Verdes garage sale. My family was out shopping for clothes and shoes that the rich people practically gave away at their weekend garage sales. My mom picked up a Denver Broncos t-shirt orange with the broncos helmet. My family didn't know squat about football, hell they didn't even speak english. I would wear it to school once a week not knowing nothing about the broncos just a shirt to me at the time. until one day at recess a kid brought his football to school. I played for the 1st time and loved it. The next day I wore my shirt and played again when I was asked who was my favorite team I pointed at my shirt LOL. Now I can't be for sure the date but soon after that I watched my 1st Broncos game. I fell in love with football and the Broncos. Now my whole family belongs to Broncos country and my kids came home from the hospital in broncos attire. And to think out of all the NFL teams it was a Broncos shirt at that garage sale. It was meant to be IMO. those 3 dollar and change that shirt cost my moms turned out to be priceless. It shaped my childhood, gave me a hero in john elway and feeling like I belong to something great.

The shirt however was destroyed by my brother who used it out of all things to dry his car. I was soooo pist. Wish I still had it SMH

Broncos Mtnman
08-02-2012, 01:09 AM
American by birth - BRONCOS FAN BY THE GRACE OF GOD!!

Chef Zambini
08-02-2012, 01:41 AM

all of you that are are 2nd generation even 3rd generation are lucky and blessed to be indoctrinated into Broncos fandom...

here's my story...The year was 1994 and the place was a Palos Verdes garage sale. My family was out shopping for clothes and shoes that the rich people practically gave away at their weekend garage sales. My mom picked up a Denver Broncos t-shirt orange with the broncos helmet. My family didn't know squat about football, hell they didn't even speak english. I would wear it to school once a week not knowing nothing about the broncos just a shirt to me at the time. until one day at recess a kid brought his football to school. I played for the 1st time and loved it. The next day I wore my shirt and played again when I was asked who was my favorite team I pointed at my shirt LOL. Now I can't be for sure the date but soon after that I watched my 1st Broncos game. I fell in love with football and the Broncos. Now my whole family belongs to Broncos country and my kids came home from the hospital in broncos attire. And to think out of all the NFL teams it was a Broncos shirt at that garage sale. It was meant to be IMO. those 3 dollar and change that shirt cost my moms turned out to be priceless. It shaped my childhood, gave me a hero in john elway and feeling like I belong to something great.

The shirt however was destroyed by my brother who used it out of all things to dry his car. I was soooo pist. Wish I still had it SMHgreat story thanks for sharing this with us. BTW your brother is a turd !

chazoe60
08-02-2012, 07:11 AM

The shirt however was destroyed by my brother who used it out of all things to dry his car. I was soooo pist. Wish I still had it SMH

This is probably my favorite story of the entire bunch. ******* kickass, bro!

weazel
08-02-2012, 10:12 AM
I lost a bet

NightTrainLayne
08-02-2012, 10:27 AM

What a great story!

I love this country. :salute:

AlWilsonizKING
08-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Born and raised in Aurora and Denver. Mom and Dad were/are huge fans. As were both sets of Grandparents and most of the rest of the fam. So I like to say "I was born on the Broncos bandwagon." I have never liked or rooted for another team.....except when we sent my all time fav player to the Jets....I hoped they did well for him. Pretty boring story, but I don't know anything else than rooting for the Broncos!!!!! I don't even follow the other sports teams in Colorado much....my love is for the Bronc's.

PEACE!!!

Poet
08-02-2012, 05:35 PM
The Broncos became my second team after my friend who is a Broncos fan adopted the Bengals as his second team. My interest in the team kinda faded off until I became a member here. I root for them as long as it doesn't interfere with my Bengals.

Italianmobstr7
08-02-2012, 05:56 PM
My Dad was 6 when the Broncos became a team. He liked them from day 1. He'd always wanted to move to Co (and did in 1992). I was born into it. My dad, older brother are both fans. So glad to be living back in Colorado after being moved away when I was 13.

BORDERLINE
08-02-2012, 07:54 PM
great story thanks for sharing this with us. BTW your brother is a turd !

He's a broncos fan now as well. It's crazy how one person's passion just rubs off on everyone around them. Like i said my parents didn't even speak english they didn't know anything about football but once they saw me really be passionate about the Broncos they where sucked into the orange and blue. Even childhood friends became Broncos fan because they would watch the games with me. Could not have asked for a better team BRONCOS 4 LIFE and then some!!!!

Softskull
08-02-2012, 08:38 PM
He's a broncos fan now as well. It's crazy how one person's passion just rubs off on everyone around them. Like i said my parents didn't even speak english they didn't know anything about football but once they saw me really be passionate about the Broncos they where sucked into the orange and blue. Even childhood friends became Broncos fan because they would watch the games with me. Could not have asked for a better team BRONCOS 4 LIFE and then some!!!!

Watch your back B, you still live in Raider Country. Those vermin are everywhere.

DenBronx
08-02-2012, 09:34 PM
God injected orange and blue in my DNA and I was born this way.

Slick
08-03-2012, 07:51 AM
I met Rob Lytle, Haven Moses and Norris Weese when my Mom was the personnel director at the Gart Bros. on Broadway in the late 70's. My first memories are of those guys and the Orange Crush.

silkamilkamonico
08-03-2012, 08:14 AM
Did a report on the state of Colorado in 2nd grade which was coincidentally John Elway's rookie year. In my letter to the Senator to get information I mentioned a "P.S. John Elway is my favorite football player!", and in my information packet they sent me an autographed pin of John. I always thought that it was actually John sending the pin. The rest is history.

BroncoNut
08-03-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm a Colorado guy, born and raised. I was put in a Denver Bronco onesie before I could sit up. I had no choice in the matter.

I can't imagine you in a onesie. Now twosie, oh yeah

BroncoNut
08-03-2012, 12:19 PM
in my late 30's I came out of the closet. Now what I mean by that is that I declared myself a bronco fan after having really been one for a long time. The first thing I did in coming out was to join the website Broncos freak. I chose the broncos because I like colorado and horsies and John Elway. just a class organization. I'm from Iowa, a state with no profootball team, so i really had alot of options. thank God I settled with the Broncos. that's how I live with myself.

PatriotsGuy
08-03-2012, 12:22 PM
I have nothing to add

BroncoNut
08-03-2012, 12:24 PM
I have nothing to add

this is so unlike you Pags

PatriotsGuy
08-03-2012, 12:37 PM
I know nut. I must be "off my game" as they say.

MOtorboat
08-03-2012, 04:33 PM
I know nut. I must be "off my game" as they say.

Chef Zambini
08-04-2012, 04:26 AM
on a side note, and a sad one, I think the freak is toast.

ShaneFalco
08-04-2012, 05:31 AM
i smoked a bunch of blue and orange weed, then i found myself waking up in a von miller jersey screaming "giggems!"

HORSEPOWER 56
08-04-2012, 08:20 AM
i smoked a bunch of... weed

Shocker...