PDA

View Full Version : Cecil Lammey's TC Report Day 4

Jsteve01
07-30-2012, 05:04 PM
A day late but here it is. And way to make a drive by Tned

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=647898&st=0&p=14586717&hl=denver%20broncos%20training%20camp&fromsearch=1&#entry14586717

Chef Zambini
07-30-2012, 07:09 PM
these are quality observations.

FanInAZ
07-30-2012, 09:24 PM
QUARTERBACKS
Peyton Manning – Another clinic by Manning, although Champ Bailey had a stronger performance today. Ran great play fakes, and was able to draw the defense offsides with his barking cadence many times. Throws a nice fade route in the back corner of the end zone and guys like Joel Dreesen, Eric Decker, Jacob Tamme, and Demaryius Thomas took advantage. The wind started gusting towards the end of practice and Manning was still zipping the ball around the field. Manning trusts his arm, and will throw into incredibly tight windows. However, he’s smart enough to know when to throw it away and did that a couple of times in red zone drills.

The Cards are making excuses for why their O look so bad, I'm glad the Broncos' O isn't making such excuses.

Brock Osweiler – I’ve been impressed with Osweiler so far during camp. Yes, he’s got a lot of work to do, but you can see the raw tools the Broncos fell in love with. Still showed plenty of zip, but would like to see him throw with a little more touch. He was firing rockets (that should have been touch passes) to the back corner of the end zone. Most of his passes that are off are too high. These nerves show up every now and again during camp. It’s something the Broncos will continue to work on. He did have a nice underneath pass to Mark Dell but threw it a little behind him and to the wrong shoulder. Just like at Arizona State, Osweiler needs to do a better job of throwing his receivers open.

It seems like at least half the members have refused to give this guy the benefit of the doubt because he went to a wan-a-be college football power. EFX obviously saw something that they liked & believed that he would fit their system. Would he fit in the system used by the Saints or Pats? Irrelevant, he’s not theirs, he ours & only needs to perform in our system.

RUNNING BACKS

Willis McGahee – Another solid day for McGahee. Not awe inspiring, but ran tough and took what the defense gave him on every carry. Very little wasted motion from the veteran back.

McGahee’s YPC has been constantly good though out most of his career http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McGaWi00.htm. Without TT (last year) & Rice (previous year when he was with the Ravens) getting most of the rushing attempts inside the 10, hopefully McGahee will get a lot more TDs this year than his last 2.

WIDE RECEIVERS

Demaryius Thomas – Started off practice strong today. Catching passes near the sideline showing good body control. Even went low to scoop a couple of low passes today. Caught a nice pass in the back of the end zone, over the shoulder, tracked the ball in and got two feet down.

Sounds like our 1st round draft choice from 2 years ago is getting better & may yet live up to expectations. I'm not saying he's there, but that the possibility still remains.

Eric Decker – Decker once again showing great chemistry with Manning. So many catches snatched out of the air and was used on the entire route tree. Decker working underneath, outside, and deep today.

Manning seems to have more love for Decker then a lot of the fans on this site. This is not only a good thing for Decker individually, but the Broncos as a team as well.

TIGHT ENDS
Jacob Tamme – High pointing passes, working good on outside, underneath routes and showed good concentration. Made a beautiful one-handed grab near the sideline where he was able to gather it in and get two feet down.

Joel Dreesen – Perhaps the best day of Camp for Dreesen today. Showed good hands, good body control, and set up nice routes off play action. Was able to sneak into the end zone untouched off a Manning play fake.

Having 1 solid TE is a good thing for any QB; it looks like Manning may have 2.

DEFFENSE

Ty Warren just needs to stay healthy. Man alive he’s a mountain of a man with great functional strength and good first step explosion. Warren flat out abused JD Walton in the pit. It was so bad that charges could have been filed. Warren used a Reggie White like hump move to quickly toss Walton to the side.

This sounds great when you 1st read it, but...

Mitch Unrein also got the best of Walton, but not quite as devastating.

…is it too soon to be calling for Walton to be kicked to the curb?

Danny Trevathan made multiple plays against the run where he was able to get penetration and stop the play. Speaking of penetration it seemed like Trevathan was also getting QB pressure from the edge. The rookie is very fast and has a good closing burst to the football.

Now that’s what I’ve been waiting to read about someone on our D, someone who stuffs the run!

Champ Bailey seemed to get a little banged on a run play but stayed in practice and showed no ill effects. Just like I expected he bounced back today and didn’t let Decker get the best of him. He played strong against Demaryius Thomas too.

What further comment do I really need to make about Champ at this point?

I defiantly can’t wait to see how all of our guys look in the pre-season games.

Dzone
07-31-2012, 12:09 AM
So TY Warren abused Walton , rag dolled him and Vickerson made Beadles look like he was going backwards on roller skates.LOL...
Great news for the D-line, but bad news for Mcdaniels boys.

broncofaninfla
07-31-2012, 07:33 AM
So TY Warren abused Walton , rag dolled him and Vickerson made Beadles look like he was going backwards on roller skates.LOL...
Great news for the D-line, but bad news for Mcdaniels boys.

Agreed. Walton and Beadles are yet again the weakest links on the OL.

CoachChaz
07-31-2012, 10:09 AM
We can laugh off Walton and Beadles being McD boys, but guess what....they ARE starters on OUR line. Not a good thing

Elevation inc
07-31-2012, 01:17 PM
I have been saying for a year and 1/2 they need to go they have been 2 of the worst rated lineman in all of the nfl the last 2 years.....

Jsteve01
07-31-2012, 02:20 PM
If I had any faith at all that Harris could stay healthy at the RT, I would be all about moving Franklin inside and letting Beadles be our swing o lineman. I also really had hoped that Blake would be ready right away but it sounds like it's been a while and he's rusty at center.

Dzone
07-31-2012, 05:05 PM
We passed on Jeff Saturday. Now we are stuck with Walton, a meatball on a stick .

silkamilkamonico
07-31-2012, 05:33 PM
We passed on Jeff Saturday. Now we are stuck with Walton, a meatball on a stick .

Blake sounds like an intriguing prospect. I think he could be a good one. This assuming he learns how to snap the ball.

MOtorboat
07-31-2012, 05:42 PM

I'm sorry, but this line of thinking drives me bonkers.

We didn't "pass" on Saturday. We don't even know if Saturday was interested.

Elevation inc
07-31-2012, 07:34 PM
personally Im hoping by the end of the preseason. Its Clady/Franklin/Blake/Kuper/Harris (That sounds downright beastly) with beadles/walton/clark as back-ups. Blake has a good amount of talent, but as a rookie my expectations are tempered, I just hope alot with him cause I really want walton gone. Walton and beadles can leave after this year for all I care.....

Dzone
07-31-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm sorry, but this line of thinking drives me bonkers.

We didn't "pass" on Saturday. We don't even know if Saturday was interested.
Damn dude. You go Bonkers over something like that? Are you feeling ok?
You should get your doc to up your meds

MOtorboat
07-31-2012, 10:13 PM
Damn dude. You go Bonkers over something like that? Are you feeling ok?
You should get your doc to up your meds

Other than the fact that it's a dumb statement on your part, I'm OK.

Dzone
07-31-2012, 10:24 PM
Other than the fact that it's a dumb statement on your part, I'm OK.
Well, coming from the Condescending know it all of the board, your comments are empty.
Big deal if we didnt exactly "pass" on saturday. Ok,Let me rephrase it and say we didnt do anything to upgrade over the dude we have. Jeez.
Youre simply rude and arrogant...You dont have to always act like a jerk, but you usually do