PDA

View Full Version : Danny Trevathan

MOtorboat
07-30-2012, 01:09 PM
Reports out of camp that he's running with the ones in Nickel situations already.

Nice to see possibly another linebacker steal out Kentucky.

How about...
Trevathan the Leviathan...eh...pretty clever...

Thnikkaman
07-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Putting that Liberal Arts degree to good use.

iLands
07-30-2012, 01:38 PM
He is reportedly getting first team 7-on-7 snaps this practice and not just nickel snaps.

MOtorboat
07-30-2012, 06:33 PM
Mlb?

Jsteve01
07-30-2012, 06:37 PM
He has the instincts to Play Mike. and is reported to be blazing fast sideline to sideline. Just a little smallish

Ziggy
07-30-2012, 07:03 PM
He's playing WLB and playing it well. There are certain guys in camp that just flash and you can tell that they are playmakers. He's one of them. I was really impressed with his play today. His coverage is solid, and he would have had a couple of sacks as well. This kid is a player.

Tned
08-01-2012, 07:46 AM
Mlb?

I asked Mason about that a few days back. He said he's close to big enough, maybe just needs a few more pounds. However, last night on the Renknowitall show on MHS radio, he pointed out that while Trevathon has looked good in practice and is a good story, it's also an indication of how thin and weak the linebacking group is.

While not exactly the topic of this thread, Mason was also talking about Irving and the fact that he's been moved to SLB in camp, backing up the only LB who's job is 100% secure, is not a good indication of what the Broncos think of Irving right now.

TheReverend
08-01-2012, 09:26 AM
I think he was playing with the 1s in the nickel all the way back in OTAs even.

Clearly they see him as a great fit making plays in passing lanes and/or playing up on a TE. Anything other PT he can claw his way into will be gravy.

TXBRONC
08-01-2012, 09:30 AM
If he can continues to shine they then they need keep him on the field.

broncofaninfla
08-01-2012, 12:02 PM
He's playing WLB and playing it well. There are certain guys in camp that just flash and you can tell that they are playmakers. He's one of them. I was really impressed with his play today. His coverage is solid, and he would have had a couple of sacks as well. This kid is a player.

I hope this kid makes DJ obselete....

MOtorboat
08-01-2012, 12:44 PM
I hope this kid makes DJ obselete....

I highly doubt he's as good as Williams.

NightTerror218
08-01-2012, 12:47 PM
If he can put pressure on Woodyard I will happy he could pass up Williams down the road.

Ravage!!!
08-01-2012, 01:51 PM
I asked Mason about that a few days back. He said he's close to big enough, maybe just needs a few more pounds. However, last night on the Renknowitall show on MHS radio, he pointed out that while Trevathon has looked good in practice and is a good story, it's also an indication of how thin and weak the linebacking group is.

While not exactly the topic of this thread, Mason was also talking about Irving and the fact that he's been moved to SLB in camp, backing up the only LB who's job is 100% secure, is not a good indication of what the Broncos think of Irving right now.

Yeah, but at the same time, they are putting HIM on the field. I can see what they are saying in that regards, however, if he was struggling they would move players around so that he wasn't starting for DJ. I dunno, I guess I just don't see that he's on the field is any kind of negative indication.